Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*New Year, New You Challenge 2017*~

Welcome to the New Year, New You Challenge 2017!

Have you decided enough is enough and it's time to change your life to become a healthier, happier person? Did you kick all sorts of a$$ in 2016 and want to continue your reign of epicness into 2017? Did you do well leading up to Christmas, let yourself go a bit and want to lose some regain weight? Look no further, this challenge is for you! Let's start the new year the right way, by being mindful and treating our bodies with the respect they deserve. We can make 2017 the year that we reach our goals!

Here’s the aim of the game…lose the most percentage of body weight by the end of the challenge and feel healthier and happier than ever. If you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, you win a shiny badge to put in your signature. You can also win a badge if you stay accountable and weigh in every week. Check out the badges:

Let's Keep This Simple! Please Read These Rules!
  • You can join this challenge at any time up until the final week of the challenge!!
  • ~~>Click Here to view the Spreadsheet!<~~
  • Enter your Username, Starting Weight (at the weight you are at NOW), which forum you're joining from (20-Somethings or Chicks up for a Challenge) and scroll to the right and enter your Goal Weight.
  • The rest is all filled out automatically by the spread sheet monkeys! Don't worry, they get plenty of bananas.
  • Week by week enter your weight on any day you want between Monday and Sunday.
  • Be sure to have your weekly weigh in on the spreadsheet by Sunday, because I make the charts on Monday. In the spreadsheet when the column is labelled "WK 1 8/31", that means the week BEGINS on the 31st August NOT the particular day you have to weigh in!
  • Check back in to the thread and I'll publish a weekly chart to show who's dominating over us all.
  • If you want to take a break from weighing in then right click the cell for that week and select "Insert Note" (definitely not a "comment" because these won't move with your username if new members join the spreadsheet!) and add your reason for not weighing in.
  • If you don't weigh in for more than 2 weeks without a noted reason you will be moved to Standby. Come to the thread and opt back in if you want to re-enter the challenge.
Optional before and after measurements challenge! Read below:
  • I've included a tab on the spreadsheet to enter your measurements! Measure yourself at the beginning of the challenge and at the end to see how much you shrink! -->Access this optional sheet here!<--

That's it!* A huge part of this challenge is the community support, so please use this thread to talk to each other and update us on your progress. It’s less about just saying “today I weigh ___” and more about actually communicating with fellow sexy candy panda’s and talking about your life and all its ups and downs. Think of this thread more like a chat thread rather than just a place to post weights. We're here for you on your road to awesomeness!!
*FAQ
  • Can I change my Goal Weight once the challenge has begun? ~ Yes!
  • There's a - mark in my cell for a week, but I know what I weighed! Can I change it? ~ Yes! The more information you can put in the better.
  • My weight changed during the week but I already entered my weight, can I change it? ~ OF COURSE! I always like to use my lightest weight of the week and that's perfectly acceptable to change a weight as the week progresses.
  • The chat thread for my forum is dead...can I talk in a different thread? ~ Absolutely! Don't worry about age, feel free to talk in whichever thread you prefer.

Enter your starting weights now and the challenge begins January 9th!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-02-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Oh Halloooo!!!

So I am in for a challenge again

This time though, I have given myself quite a bit of a goal! Basically last year I aimed to lose 1lb a week, so that by the 13th of January 2017 I will of lost 52lbs.... only I was a little behind..... then I stuffed my face at xmas.... So for me to be back on track by the 1st week of March, I will need to of lost 19.1lbs .

Challenge Accepted!!

Today food has been good:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, one sandwhich thin, 6g of tomato ketchup and a cuppa tea!

Lunch: 125g of roast chicken, 20g of spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes, 75g of cottage cheese, and a small gala apple.

Dinner: Will be... 92.5g of prawns, 125g of lemon basmati rice, a steam bag of veggies and 60g of sweet and sour sauce.

Snacks: Going to try only have water or tea today.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year everyone! I am back for real this year (I've been lurking) and feeling extra determined this year to finally lose this weight. I am so sick of being in the 140s year after year and I want to finally take the action and consistency to really lose the fat. Plus this is my last year in my twenties and I would like to be at my ideal weight for some of it. I'm returning to LA in April to live with my friend and we plan to go clubbing and date a lot so I want to be happy with what I look like when I get back so I'm hoping that time pressure will help me stay on track.

Right now I'm at 146 and I'm excited to get going and get to those 130s that I haven't seen until one time 6 years ago. I'm trying to eat mostly veggies, fruit, protein (chicken, eggs, a bit of beans)and mono/poly fats (salad dressings, nuts, etc) but I also have these amazing chicken quesadillas that I eat occasionally when I don't want to make anything. I hate cooking so I'm focusing on eating a lot of salads which help me eat slower and I love the Panera Caesar and Fuji Apple salad dressings so that makes it more fun for me. I'm determined to stop food binging so I'm trying not to eat sweets and snacks (my dad buys them) in the house and I'm no longer going to watch TV while I eat which I think will help a lot. When I go out, I will loosen up a bit but try to stay within my 1300 calorie range.

Yesterday was a great day for the start of the new year! I had a veggie omelette and two salads (ham and chicken) and wasn't that hungry and went to bed early so I only was at 900 calories. Exercise-wise, I did about an hour of dancing and 15 minutes of cycling (I bought a cheap cycling machine). I mediated which was helpful and got a bunch of my goals done which were fun to check on my habit app. I am trying to make small progress on my goals this year each day so as not to overwhelm myself and so far I am succeeding

Scotsgal Good to see you here and I love challenging goals so good luck! Awesome job on the food yesterday
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

I've wanted to join one of these challenges so bad since I've been lurking on this forum for the past few months! Glad I finally registered so I can participate!

Just entered my info in the spreadsheet. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and am actually surprised that I only gained 0.4 lbs during the holidays. Yesterday was my last day at my parents and they like to have a huge New Years BBQ. I think all the excercising while visiting home has paid off, as I normally gain 6-8 lbs during Christmas!

My starting weight today is 164.4. I've started the morning off with eggs & spincach and a slice of toast. For lunch I have a light mediterranean salad prepared, and dinner will most likely be some more eggs.

Happy New Year everyone, and good luck to all!!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #5  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Happy new year everyone! I am definitely in on this challenge... I need something that will motivate me in the right direction! Let's do it!

*sends positive vibes*
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #6  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

S/C/G: 211/195/154

Height: 173

I'm in!
This will be my last year as well in my 20s and I'm sick and tired of never reaching my damn goal!
I always quit when I'm "comfortable" but then gain some or all of the weight I lost within a year, and never ever actually reaching my goal.

What I'm doing different this time is that I'm being HONEST with my partner of 3 years and making them understand that this is something I want and need to get done. I've kind of suffered in scilence before and that makes it so much easier to slip and give up and so much harder to get support when things are rough.

Last edited by flupi; 01-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.
flupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I always love the beginning of these challenges, everyone is so determined especially in this particular challenge! As some of you know, I'm on vacation in England visiting family. I've not really been careful with eating, nor have I been working out consistently...however I appear to have lost weight over Christmas?! I ended the previous challenge at 168.6 lbs but this morning I weighed myself at 167.2 lbs. Very bizarre but I can only pin this loss on the fact that I've been walking a lot and eating sparingly throughout the day. WHAT I'm eating hasn't been good, but I guess I'm eating less that I would do normally. Either way, I'm happy for the loss, but I know that I can't let myself slack off because of this fluke loss!

However I'm still in England for another 2 weeks so the beginning of the challenge may be slow going for me, but I'm going to do my best to maintain my weight or at least stay in the 160's. It took me a while to get into the 160's during the last challenge so for now my goal is to not undo the hard work I did last month! When I get home I'll get back to my normal routine and trying to break my bad habits.

I'm having a great time here, but it's been busy busy every single day except for today. I caught up on some sleep and now I'm just relaxing. I'm going to be busy again from tomorrow until Tuesday 10th, but I'll do my best to come by and say hello in the meantime!

---------------

Scots - So great to have you again! You've been such a great source of motivation I'd be really sad to not have you around during this challenge! I have every bit of faith you can make the goal, it will take some hardcore dedication but I believe in you.

Zucena - Great to see you! I know what you mean about wanting to end your 20's feeling confident, this year I'll turn 28 so I've got a good 2 years to get to my goal but I don't want to let that slow me down. I'm definitely awful about eating in front of the TV too, it's part of my habits to change!

Emsikins - Ooh, welcome welcome! So glad to have you come aboard! Congratulations on not gaining much over the Christmas period!

rusty - Happy new year to you too! Good luck!

flupi - Seems like quite a few of us want to get to our goals before we reach 30, let's do it together! I think having your partner on board is an excellent idea. My Dad is an awful influence on my Mum and I think that's one of the biggest reasons she's struggled over the years with her weight. Even though my boyfriend is thin and healthy, he's had to learn a few lessons of not pressuring me too much to help! I'm sure it'll take a while to communicate with one another on what they can do to help but once you find what works .
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 347/223.8/147

Height: 5 ft 3

I definitely want to join this challenge! I feel good vibes going into 2017. I think I've finally reached the point where I have realized that no diet will work long term for me. I am going to focus on eating a well balanced meals, making sure I have "normal" portion sizes. I am also going to write down what I eat-- not meticulously tracking every single item or count calories, but just to have as a reference/guide.

Another goal of mine is to start getting back into good exercise habits. I plan on going to the gym at least 2-3 times a week and work my way up from there.

1) By the end of April, I would like to be under 200 lbs again. I am getting married in April of 2018 and want to start dress shopping!
2) I am going on a cruise in July and want to be comfortable wearing a bathing suit (start hitting the weights to tone up all the flab ) Ideal weight by this time would be 185.
3) Fall of 2017- 165, I have some cute fall clothing I was not able to fit into this year!
4) NYE 2018- 147, my goal weight! I have been waiting to see this number for years. I was so close two years back, but life happened and now I have regained 56 lbs. I have to stop dwelling on the past and move forward. This weight won't remove itself by regretting the past!

I am looking forward to helping support everyone through their journeys! Can't wait for the first weigh in!
anm017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:49 AM   #9  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had my first weigh in today!!! I couldn't believe it. I'm at 90,3kg/199lbs and this means that I've lost the holiday weight and a whopping 100grams (3,5 ounces) extra haha

Riestrella I definetly feel that getting my bf on track with me has made all the difference in the world. There's nowhere for me to hide anymore, and that's a good thing. Go 2017!

anmo017 Nice goals! I think it's good to have a long term perspective, good for the mind and bod My strategy is kind of the same. No special diets and NO PAYING FOR diets and apps anymore!

Healthy options and portion control is my goal. However I will meticulously count calories 5-6 days a week and getting a cheat meal on the weekend! This is mostly because I'm so good at making myself believe I've over eaten and that there is no point in not continue eating everything in the world lol
In the past I've had cheat days, and as I've grown older I've realised that my metabolism can't handle a whole day of cheating anymore, so the one good meal it is! I'm not going to the gym, yet, because I don't want to spend money before I'm sure I'm in a good place and more settled in the weight loss journey. I do however get 12k steps a day!

Last edited by flupi; 01-03-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

Riestrella - thank you!

So, yesterday I stayed on track and did 1 hr of cardio, plus a lot more walking. I woke up this morning sore and bloated and my weight is still the same. :| So I guess this is pay-back for not gaining much over the holidays, lol.

I will be keeping my exercise light today. Breakfast today was eggs & spinach, lunch will be tuna & avocado, and dinner will be something small so that I can fit in my little every-other-day splurge.

Hopefully something on the scale changes tomorrow! :/
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #11  

I hope everyone is doing well so far in the New Year! I had kind of a tough day yesterday but managed to still come out well so I'm glad for that. Yesterday I had eggs with veggies with a bit of sauce, a chicken salad and a chicken quesadilla while successfully ignoring the concession stand while I went to see a movie (La La Land which I really liked and made me miss LA). Afterwards I had to go to the grocery store to get food for my dad and I was in a sad/stressed mood thinking about career stuff which led me to reeeeally want to get some bakery treats and go home and eat them while watching a favorite show. But I made a promise to myself not to eat any junk food like that so I successfully resisted and bought myself a couple Lean Cusine meals instead so I had one of them and a salad for dinner which led me to be at 1400 calories for the day. Not perfect but at least I had a deficit of at least 250cal and with my ~1000 deficit yesterday, it all evens out.

I only did a little bit of dancing yesterday so I have decided to do my full workout in the morning before I eat breakfast in order to avoid letting other obligations get in the way (plus lack of energy late at night). Today I woke up too early and couldn't get back to sleep and was starving so I had half a peanut chocolate chip Lara bar (love them) and a small chicken salad and did some reading before I fell asleep again. I had the other half of the bar when I woke up to give me energy for my workout and after whining about it for 5 minutes, pulled myself out of bed and did 45 minutes of a Jillian Michaels strength training workout with biking cardio and felt much better about myself. For brunch, I had eggs, peas and a little bit of sauce so I am up to about 700 calories for the day so I've got to be careful for the rest of the day.

Riestrella Glad you're enjoying your time in England and glad you've actually lost weight there! I lost 5 pounds when I was vacationing for a month in Europe because I did so much walking and tried to eat only for cultural reasons instead of spending money on junk food. Good luck keeping it up! And yeah, definitely try to lose it now in your twenties when it's easier and don't get complacent with time like I did. But I am using my determination to avoid watching TV and eating and replacing it with reading this forum and various weight loss sites which keeps my spirits up. You can do it too!

Good luck everyone!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #12  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Wow Rie Look at all these people

Welcome everyone! I hope you all stick around because its got a great vibe just now! I fully believe that we can motivate each other to hit our goals.

I have been pretty good this week so far, I got a fitbit charge 2 for xmas and I have been upping my steps to get my lazy a$$ to start moving! For those who do not know me, I have lost 43lbs so far since January last year by mostly diet alone. My plan was always to start really hitting the gym and learning about what I should and shouldn't be doing to tone and lose weight.

Today I hit : 11,039 steps (just as I am about to go to bed)

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, a sandwich thin, 6g of ketchup and a mug of british tea

Lunch: A protein bar as I was on the move and woke up late.

Dinner: 92g of prawns, 125g of mexican rice and 100g of mixed bean salad

Snack: 200g of greek yog with a table spoon of honey and some cinnamon, and a hot chocolate

Calories are about 1335

Tomorrow I need to eat an avocado before it goes off might have it for breakfast with one egg scrambled.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #13  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Default I'm in!

I was last on this site a couple years ago, and I'm back for some honest accountability. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow. I look forward to getting to know you all and succeeding together!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #14  

Happy fourth day of the new year! I had a successful day yesterday with a small dinner of chicken salad (250 calories) and later on a chicken caesar open faced sandwich of Ezekiel bread (my last slice in the freezer) with sugar snap peas (300 calories) which put my day up to 1250 calories. I struggled somewhat at night as I was watching this TV show where they went to a candy store and I stopped it after a bit because I was craving candy a lot and wasn't in a great mood because I hadn't been as productive as I liked earlier. But I called a friend and talked and then mediated which helped a lot until I fell asleep. I keep telling myself, you PROMISED not to eat junk and I'm really trying to keep my streak going (I use a habit app) so that has helped a lot.

I weighed myself this morning and I came in at 143 I know it's almost all water weight but I'm glad to get that out so I can see the actual losses in the future. This morning I had phone issues which took longer than I expected so I decided to do just a small workout before breakfast. I did 15 minutes of cycling while watching this cool documentary on Netflix about a woman trying to beat the record of running a 200+ mile trail and that was inspiring. I like listening to music as I workout but I put on subtitles so I can watch too which helps keep me going. For breakfast, I ate a LC chicken flatbread sandwich (SO TASTY) and a chicken caesar salad which ended up to being 500 calories.

flupi Good luck losing the weight before your twenties end! Getting your partner on board is very smart. Congrats on the weight loss and your plan sounds great. I'm right there with you on not paying for things until you're sure you're committed. I've learned ultimately it's about you and not the stuff you buy except for food.

Emsikins Great job staying on track!

Scotsgal Great job with the steps and the calories! I was glad to read about you and Rie staying committed the past few months which helped me to maintain during the holidays

Good luck everyone with staying on plan today, we can do it!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:20 AM   #15  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi guys!

I'm loving the positivity! I hope we will all keep posting even when we hit rough spots, and stay accountable and support each other
Right now I'm studying for a big exam so i probably won't be able to write long posts in here for a week, but I will log and update every day. So far I haven't succumbed to eating chocolate all day errday, my brain realy wants it for studying.

gatorgirl6 I've written in big letters on my fridge aka mood board "BE HONEST". I'm trying to get in my head that if i cheat, I'm only cheating myself, and future disappointed me. i try to log all my food even if I have days where I don't reach my goal/cheat meals etc. I think being honest with yourself and people around you is a big (and hard) step to take.

Zucena Thank you ! And hey, water weight friggin counts!!! Congrats! That means that you're definetly on the right track. I feel very optimistic about 2017.