Old 01-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 199/190/135

Height: 5' 5"

I was down to 193 this morning! I wasn't expecting to have lost so much already, and even though I know some of it is probably water weight, I am quite pleased. My cravings are also better today than they have been so far, which is nice for a change.
linguigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

I went up a few ounces a day after I weighed in at 157, even though I ate well and put in a nice workout that day. I had been doing so well, so I freaked out and ate a lot. Pizza, ice cream...I'm so embarrassed with myself. This was a huge wake-up call reminding me that I just can't be weighing in everyday. There are bound to be fluctuations in weight, and I can't seem to handle it if I've gone up a bit. I did weigh-in today and am back down at 157 again. I'm just going to put that on the chart and not weigh-in until the following Sunday (Feb 5th). I'm hoping this group will hold me accountable to that.

Defining Thank you for that bit of info! That's so reassuring!!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Did good today. Calories were in a good range.... Workout was decent....ready for bed! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

After gaining back up to 177.2 and having a minor emotional breakdown, I came to the realization that even though I'm working out again I've just been giving in to all of my temptations and thinking "it's ok it's just this once"

But in reality it's many times over that I make these poor food choices and give myself the excuse that oh well someone offered it to me so I should take it, or I don't have time to shop for healthy snacks so this is better than nothing.

Anyway I had a chat with my boyfriend about how I just couldn't keep going on and eating like I was, and almost surprisingly he said he also needed to be better. So, we're both making the effort to eat healthier and not try to feed each other just to make the other person happy (he likes to buy me ice cream).

This has led to a 3 lb drop in a few days, just from watching what we eat. Here's to keeping the trend going!

And to everyone struggling like me keep going! We're all doing great!
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

Good morning everybody! Happy Sunday!

After 6 days of dieting, today I'm down 6.4 pounds! Yesterday I was down 7.5 and was in onederland, but went out for an anniversary dinner last night and didn't quite behave and also didn't hydrate well yesterday.

I'm super happy with my lose, but am even more happy with some of my behaviours this week. I was at friend's house friday night and she wanted to bake some elaborate dessert- instead of either refusing to make it, or making it and eating some, I had enough will power to help her bake it, without even tasting the batter! It was fun and I felt so proud of myself. I also attended an impromptu family dinner out this week and instead of opting out since I was on like day 2 of a diet, I went, enjoyed everyone's company and ate something super healthy. This is the first time ever that I've managed to stick to my diet (except for last night) without completely avoiding certain activities.

@redrose - Its so great that you've gotten your boyfriend on board with you for healthy eating. Have you figured out other ways to spoil each other in other ways yet? I also tend to show love with food, and I'm having trouble finding other little surprises.
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #96  

I have a few very very bad days - long work hours combined with cramps and general crankiness means I ate very poorly this weekend. Gotta start getting back into the habit of prepping whole meals so that I have healthy instant food available when I'm tired.

Emsikins- I totally feel you on the not weighing thing; I can only weigh myself once a month or so without starting to freak out. Sometimes, every quarter (ie. 3 months) is even necessary - you just have to work with where your head is at.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #97  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I'm having some trouble staying on track. I've been kind of depressed the past week, things are just really crazy. On top of that, my son is teething and getting multiple molars. He has been Crying most of the night, and been extremely clingy and crying during the day as well. I feel awful for him, but I'm struggling to get through it as well, and the emotional eating monster has reared it's head.

Again I'm so sorry I haven't had time for personals. I'm barely holding it together the past couple weeks unfortunately. Molars are ****. Hopefully life will get better again soon!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

oh Claygirl -- hang in there!!! Maybe buy a bunch of celery and carrots and have them cut and ready to go. Make a yogurt dip for them. Or, just eat chocolate and get through it..... Good luck!
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #99  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

I've not weighed in consistently throughout the week so I'm just going to stick to my original week 3 weight that I put in on Monday. I think it'll be best for my sanity this way!

Honestly I've been having a hard time adjusting to "normal" life after my vacation. I have a hard time gaining momentum with my daily routine so being away from it for a month has really screwed with me. I'm trying to go easy on myself since I was really sick my first week back and now I've been hit with my period and all the lovely hormones that comes with that.

Not much to update y'all on, I've been lazy. Not been paying attention to my food, not been working out - it's a bad time for me! I've been avoiding the forum because of it, but I need to stay accountable. Here's to hoping for a more productive week from tomorrow.

------------------------------

Scots - Happy birthday, hope you had a great time!! Did you make an appointment to get a food tolerance test done? Good luck with gluten free February!

Emsikins - Woohoo congrats on entering the normal BMI range, that's a huge accomplishment!! I'm positive your complexion is because of what you've been eating. My skin always looks nicer when I make sure to drink water and eat more healthy foods. That's interesting that you have different mentalities for the different "zones" of weight loss! I have similar ideals too. My danger zone is definitely the 160's...it's the place I've been for 5 years now and I need to bust out of it. The 150's is where I started to feel good about my body, but I've never been in the 140's or 130's so I imagine they will feel great!
Definitely don't weigh in daily if you're going to have bad energy for the rest of the day. I like to use my lightest weight in the week as my official weigh in, but if I notice my mood being affected by my weight I don't weigh in. Just get right back on track, don't feel embarrassed it happens to us all, and kick some butt! You got this!!

Clay - Hey! Where did you go on vacation? Sorry to hear you're having a hard time, I'm right there with you. I imagine you're not having a good time dealing with teething problems, I'm sorry you're going through that! I agree with the advice of having those healthy snacks ready to grab when life gets crazy. Hang in there though, we all have bad times, we can do it together

Missy789 - Welcome to the challenge, your vacation must have been amazing. Just 5 lbs gained is not a lot! Since you can't workout much then I'm imagining your weight loss will come from your diet, it's definitely possible to lose just on good eating habits alone. Perhaps gentle exercise, like long walks, could be beneficial? Also, as much as we all do it, don't compare yourself to anyone!! You are beautiful in your own way, no matter what your size, hair colour or skin colour. I've got plenty of friends who I've compared myself with but they have their own list of things they're self conscious about too. WOW what an incredible loss!! Congrats! And sounds like you're saying no to temptation left, right and center which is what's going to get you to your goal. Well done!!

Zucena - Oh my gawwwddd you did it!! You're in the 130's!! CONGRATULATIONS! How amazing, my heart lifted reading it. I definitely need to take a leaf out of your book and work on making myself happy and getting productive again. Despite needing time to relax, I really need to draw the line on how much relaxing I need because then I begin to get lazy.

missy005 - Welcome! Just as long as you put this weeks weight in the week 3 column on the spreadsheet it's fine to start later than everyone else! Read through the first post in the thread for the full rules of the challenge

flupi - Glad to see you're still around and yes, maintaining is definitely something to be proud of!

Defining - I'm the exact same way! I do awesome, then I suck for a while and it's one big cycle. I just need to be careful since the times where I've been bad I've done more and more damage over time. Thanks for the tip! My ear is definitely better, though it still "cracks" when I swallow. I'm not sure if that's a wax problem now?

linguigirl - Welcome! I'm the same way with carbs, I love them. Bread is my biggest weakness as well as breakfast grains like cereals and oats. I need to definitely lower my intake but I can't just eliminate them forever. Running is a great way to lose weight, but as you found out it's also really easy to injure our bodies running! Wow, figure skating sounds like so much fun! I'm a big wimp so I'd be worried about falling too much.

redrose - Sometimes it takes those moments to realise that we need to change. Great news to hear your boyfriend is on board, that's a huge help! Keep up the great work
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #100  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Ladies

Still got the tail end of this cold that's been going around. I now have a flem ridden throat which makes cardio horrific. I was doing well before this came along. Now I can barely get the 10 mins on a treadmill before realising I can't actually breathe and need to cough up a lung. Today I feel I did a good strength workout which was good! I will be going back tonight for some light cardio and maybe a foam roll.

I will be going down to see friend in England from Thu-Sat, plan is to stay on track, they are also quite health conscious so that will be fun! Going Gluten Free after buying the shopping tomorrow, that will be interesting. I haven't yet booked my test, because it is actually a holistic test and wanted to see if I was able to make a conclusion on my own. Doctors apparently suggest the removal method, which involves you removing it from your diet for about 4 weeks, the bring it back on week 5 to see if symptoms come back. This version is free So ill try it for just now.

Linguigirl Well done on the loss lets hope it keeps going!

Emsikins I do the same all the time... while I end up getting the weight back off... I always feel like I've just delayed some weightloss by having to work off what I put on, instead of extra. Fingers crossed it gives you a boost for this week

Nichols Hope you had a great weekend! Well done on the good calorie days!

Redrose Well done on the loss! Self Sabotage is very difficult to control when you don't realise what and why you are doing what you are doing. I too would go to the gym and work my butt off.... burn 500 calories! then eat back those calories? Like why would I do that to myself? Sometimes I still do it, but It is very much an unfamiliar sight. I removed all snacking objects from the house, made sure that my meals were full enough to make me feel like I have been fed, and reward myself every night with a very low calorie hot chocolate to sustain my sugar crave. Its difficult..... but noticing it is step one to fixing it. Good Luck!

Missy Well done! that's awesome!! Great motivation to keep going.

Defining Meal prep will set you up for the weak ahead and hopefully stop you going off track. I have always planned my meals, but February will be the first time I actually make the meals up and just pick one up and run out the door. Good Luck!

Clay Its how we rise that defines our greatness!!!! You will get through this, just like you have got through many difficult situations before. Maybe make your meals a little bigger or plan a snack to try and deter you to stop over snacking. I hope the wee man feels better soon...

Rie It is very difficult to jump back into it after not only being out of routine for a month.... for it to of been over xmas..... but to of been back here in the UK and eating different food again. You need to do your best to get back into running, eating your oatmeal, upping those step counts, planning meals.... I know you can do it, it just needs to be kick started some how. I hope you can come back to us. Like I said to Clay Girl, its how we rise that defines us.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #101  

CW: 141.8

I am ready to be out of the 140s. So close yet 2.0 lbs before I'm there. Hoping to see 139 in the next week. I hope everyone is doing great and having a great Monday!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 199/190/135

Height: 5' 5"

Am still holding steady at 193, but I suppose that makes sense since over the weekend I let myself go up to 1600 cal/day. (Plus my family ordered pizza for dinner on Saturday, so I was impossible to truly be really healthy that day.) I've been looking into inline figure skates for when the weather turns warm and I can't ice skate anymore, but my bank account is shuddering at the prices...so we'll see. Some are pretty cheap but I still don't want to shell out cash for a pathetic pair of skates. In any case, I'm going to enjoy the cold weather while I can and go skating tonight!

Riestrella
- Skating is so much fun! For me it's a great form of exercise since I can learn a new move and see progress quickly, versus other activities where progress is slow going. Falling is definitely a risk, but for the most part I don't mind, lol. I do wear volleyball kneepads, though, since last winter I damaged my knee skating with a bad fall. I wish you luck with getting back into the swing of things! I definitely sympathize - one day of fewer rules always seems to turn into five! Keep your eye on the prize.

Scotsgal
- Thanks! Still feeling motivated! My family had noticed even just the 6 lbs I lost, so that was encouraging. Good luck with going gluten free! Sometimes I wonder if gluten fuels my PCOS, so I've been trying to minimize it (along with carbs in general). I have cousins that have celiac disease in varying severities, so they all eat and cook without gluten. My aunt, who doesn't have celiac, ended up becoming sensitive to it anyway after being on the same diet as her children for so long. I definitely wish we knew more about how gluten sensitivities work! Hopefully you'll be able to figure out whether it bothers you or not!

Nicholsfamily1987
- Good luck on getting out of the 140s! Seeing a new (lower!) tens place is always great!
linguigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #103  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 3 charts everyone! I'm on a new laptop now so I'm able to display the top 20 from now on

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 01-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #104  

YW: 141.8
CW: 143.0

Up 1.2 lbs overnight. Must've been the fact that I ate baked spaghetti last night...I stayed within my calorie range (I believe) but who can ever trust the restaurant's nutrition info. Worked out for 20 minutes on the stationary and 13 minutes on the treadmill. Hoping to get another mile in on the treadmill tonight. Stationary is building muscle in my legs but I want them to be thinner and right now they look pretty bulky. I hope everyone is doing great today! 2 days left until my official weigh in day!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:59 PM   #105  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hi guys!

Well, I'm calling today the last day that I'm going to be truly lazy. I don't expect myself to get back on track with everything like I was before I went on vacation, however this trend of me doing nothing has to stop! I need to move forward and not keep messing around being a slob, I won't become successful if I keep acting this way.

Today I weighed in at 169 lbs, which I'm fine with! Again, just hoping to hang on in the 160's until I start to get my life back on track again!

-------------------------

Scots - If I've learned anything it's to rest up when you have any sort of cough/cold! I find if I push myself too hard while sick I end up feeling worse the next day and I'm sick for longer. Thanks for the support! Although I don't want to eat too much oatmeal since I'm trying to cut down my grain intake Hehe! But I definitely still love a good bowl of oatmeal on a run day!

linguigirl - It's hard to stay on track when you're at the mercy of someone else's meal planning! I think as long as you stay on track most of the time, you can afford to go off track a little 10% of the time. Plus, it helps me stay sane to have a cheat meal once a week. Some people have cheat days, but I think that's a little excessive. Don't you hate it when you get into a hobby and then it comes with a price tag to progress?! I felt like that when I needed to invest into some nice running shoes! Fingers crossed you can find some in the sale? Otherwise it's something to save up for . Yup, definitely need to think about things in the long run! This lifestyle is not sustainable if I want a successful career and you know, be able to afford to buy things for myself again!!