Old 01-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #76  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

YAY! Came back down a little. Now only 2.8lbs up since Friday Morning.

Still suffering from the cold! It is Also my Birthday today so I feel I should be aloud to kick back and eat cake .

Not feeling so great! Hoping that I am all good by tomorrow so that I can really kick it up a gear in the gym and just knock my socks off!

Hope all is well!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

I'm officially in a normal BMI range(!!!!!!). I'm now 158.6. Haven't been there in many years. However, when I had this InBody scan done a few weeks ago, I was only 8 lbs heavier at the doc's office, yet my BFP was 36%, which I believe puts me in the obese range. My dr. assured me that because I wasn't fasting that day and didn't get the scan done at the "ideal" time (which is suppose to be morning), that there's a chance that the reading was off a bit. I remember Zucena also mentioning that the readings tend to be a bit higher too, so that gives me hope!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOTSGAL!! Enjoy your cake and have a fantastic day!!!!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #78  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Happy birthday Scotsgal!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had to pop in here and say that! I've been MIA for so long it was nice to read that it was your birthday today and I hadn't missed it!
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Happy birthday Scotsgal!!!

I'm back from vacation and getting back in track, I definitely splurged a bit more than I intended. I had crustless quiche for breakfast, and I had a salad for lunch. I'm trying this new thing I saw on a health nerd video to differentiate between cravings and actual hunger, which is to ask yourself if you're hungry enough to eat a salad. I was so I ate a salad!

I'll get back into personals soon I promise! Things are a bit crazy here getting back into our schedule.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Happy Birthday Scotsgal! & Yay for some of your weight coming off!

Weight was down .2 lbs this morning for me. Not much but better than going up or staying the same I suppose. Got 35 minutes of working out in this morning...going to strive for 15-20 more minutes when I get home...although once I'm home it seems like its one homework assignment after another with the kiddos..making sure showers are done...everyone has ate dinner and so on and so on so working out in the PM becomes hard.

On a bright note--Got almost my taxes finished which is a task that I dread every year! **WooHoo!**

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 225/190/?

Hi everyone! I'm joining you a couple weeks late! I did a challenge during the summer and have managed to maintain all but 5ish pounds of my 25pound weight loss. I've spent two weeks eating my way through Europe and a week in New Orleans, so i'm going to consider gaining only 5 pounds a mega win!

My foreseeable obstacles: I tend to lose weight really quickly for the first 2-3 weeks, the hard part for me will be to keep it up for the whole challenge. I'm also not allowed to do more than super moderate cardio because I'm still recovering from a pretty big concussion from over a year ago. I miss lifting weights!

My main motivation this time around is because two of my besties are getting married this summer. I'm going to need dresses for a ton of events and we are going to take a zillion pictures- so i want to feel HOT! Also, I'm a bridesmaid for one of the weddings and the rest of the bridal party are all super tanned, dark haired, size 2s- I'm already blond and pale, I don't want to stand out anymore than that!

Wish me luck!
Missy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the absence, I've been really busy with work and a vacation so I haven't had much time to write. But things have been going well with weight loss! After I had my maintenance day a week and half ago, I got right back on track with my eating plan and have been doing 300-1000 calorie deficit days since then. I also added in some exercise and every 2-3 days, I've been doing a routine of pushups, negative pull ups, squats, wall sits, bicycle crunches and a plank at the end combined with cardio dancing. It's a lot of fun to try to beat my last workout day's number of things I can do and I love feeling strong so I enjoy it. I've been feeling happier lately (meditation + productivity + friends + exercise) so I've had much less stressful moments which eliminates a lot of my binging urges so it's been pretty easy to stay on track.

Last Thursday, I had my first big challenge as I went to NYC to visit friends. I ate a big breakfast on Thursday filled with nutritious foods and then had a protein bar later on that lasted until I ate dinner at my friend's place. I felt it would be rude to reject the white buns and tator tots part of the meal so I did eat more calories than I hoped for but I did a lot of walking so I think I still had a small deficit. On Friday, I had a Lara bar and oatmeal with peanut butter for breakfast at my friend's place, a salad and apple for lunch (I was proud of myself for choosing the healthy choice) and pork, salad and potato (friend's dinner) for dinner but with my spin class workout, I think I managed another small deficit. On Saturday I did a TON of walking with friends (30k steps) so managed to burn off my meatballs w/peas and one waffle breakfast, protein bar, fried chicken sausage soup and a couple of vodka and juice small drinks. I had a lot of fun going clubbing with a friend that night Sunday I was in the mood for a treat so I had a chocolate croissant and then later a Cliff's bar and then I tried to have greek yogurt again but still hated it so ended up eating another protein bar and then chicken and veggies when I returned home. But with my Sunday strength training workout, I still managed to be in a deficit.

The great news is after being stuck in the low 140s for almost two weeks, I finally managed to get down to my lowest weight since 2010 and broke into a new decade as I now weigh 138.5 pounds!!! Honestly, I was so happy to see that number that I cried tears of joy and then danced around for 2 hours while processing all my emotions. I have tried SO hard to see that number and never persevered long enough to see it but this time I DID it and it reminded me that I am powerful and can accomplish anything if I put my mind to it. Let this be a lesson: don't give up and you WILL see those magical numbers you long for. Now I feel even more inspired to get down to my ultimate goal as I have a strong belief in myself that nothing can stop me.

I will be busy for the rest of the week but wanted to check in before things get too crazy.

Emsikins Congrats on getting to a healthy BMI and a new decade! That's great progress and I hope it keeps going down. Definitely don't worry about the body scan results, I've heard they can be up to 5% too high and if you keep losing, it'll go down anyways.

Claygirl1 Good job getting back on track! That's a great point about hunger vs. cravings

Scotsgal Happy Birthday! I am impressed at all the gym work you did before your trip (thanks for sharing your workout!). Glad some of the weight you went up in London came off and you should enjoy your cake! A food intolerance test sounds like a great idea and I hope you feel better!

Nichols Good job with the weight loss going down! Just be patient, you'll get there! Congrats on the workout and getting your taxes done

Riestrella Welcome back! I'm glad you went back to your pre-holiday weight and hope you can keep up the losses I also tend to hibernate after a trip, I like to stay inside and just focus on doing things I enjoy doing by myself. Good luck with the running! I miss it a lot and can't wait to do it again once I get back to LA.

Missy Great job maintaining and I hope you stick around because this thread can help with continued motivation when it gets tough later on. It sounds like you have a good motivation and even with moderate exercise, you can still lose!

Good luck in the coming week to everyone and here's to kind scales for everyone!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #83  
Missy's On A Mission

S/C/G: 189.4/-/145

Height: 5"4

Smile Latecomer to the Party, but I need this :)

I started Week 1 on Saturday, so I will weigh in on January 30th and put that in my week 1. I know that I'm two weeks behind you ladies, but the accountability and support is what matters.

Good job to all of you so far!

Missy
missy005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #84  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

S/C/G: 211/195/154

Height: 173

Hi everyone!
I'm just checking in to say Im still in the game.
I've been having some rough weeks, but I have managed to maintain my weight and stay at 195. This is new to me, I always gain weight when I don't feel like I have control. I'm actually feeling more proud of maintaining instead of frustrated and disappointed for not losing weght .
Trying my best to get through this week and and then hopefully tthings will be less chaotic!

I hope you are all doing well <3
flupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #85  

Back up those .2 lbs today. I keep bouncing between 144.0 and 143.8...It's crazy! Oh well. I'm super glad it's Wednesday. I'm hoping this weekend I can get some good workouts in...I hit about 30-40 minutes per day...I want to get a good solid hour in and try and start painting our kitchen this weekend...We will see how that goes though! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

I'm down to 157! I'm getting off my period so I know that's water weight I've been retaining, but it's still so nice to see it's still going down! I've still been staying completely clear of all carbs. It's been salads, chicken & veggies (not even carrots or potatoes!), fish. Blahh. I have noticed that my skin looks a lot more clear and smooth, so I'm wondering if it's the new, healthy foods I've been introductioning into my diet that's clearing up my complexion. I've also upped my water intake. I can't wait until I'm in the 140s. It's weird, but I have different zones for my weight. When I was in the 190s it was sort of my "hopeless" decade. I thought of giving up many times. The 180s was the "danger zone" decade. 170s is "red alert". 160s is "proceed with caution", lol. 150s is "in control now, but still not comfortable yet". 140s is when I officially enter my "comfortable" zone, 130s is a "happy, can-wear-shorts-again" zone, and 120s is when I officially hit my "confident" zone. When I weighed 122 (before the crazy dieting destroyed my weight and confidence) I had never felt more beautiful (although the disordered eater in me still wanted to weigh less). It's sad and shallow, I know, I know I shouldn't let my weight affect me that much like that. But I grew up with family that always criticized my weight...I was always too chubby to them, no matter what I weighed. So I've been conditioned to feel like that since I was 3 years old.
Sorry for going off on a tangent there. Kudos if you actually read all that!

Zucena Thank you!! You've been doing so well with your will power! And congrats on your new decade, too!! That's so inspiring! I totally get that feeling. You're so close to your goal weight--that's amazing...just 13 lbs! I can't wait til I hopefully get as close as you are.
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #87  

WHOA, you guys are prolific; love it!

I've been focusing on getting in more protein & at least 5 veg a day - I tend to go in waves of doing really well, and then letting everything falling apart for a while, and then getting back to a good place. This is not hugely reflected in my measurements, but definitely is in my energy levels and digestion.

Nicholsfamily1987 - what kind of workouts do you like to do?
flupi - congrats for holding steady! That's a rad accomplishment
Zucena - I'm amazed at your deficit goals - 1,000kcal would destroy me if I did it on a regular basis! Sounds like you left yourself some wiggle room while visiting with friends though, which is awesome.
Claygirl1518 - Love the salad idea, though I'll admit, I can happily eat a whole head of lettuce and still want more salad.
Emsikins - I've had radically different BF results even with volume displacement measurements - these tests can vary by as much as 8% in individual tests! Personally, it's been more effective to track girth measurements and visible changes in shape instead of my BF% (though I still worry about it sometimes).
Scotsgal - Chicken broth works wonders for colds - 'hope you feel better soon!
Riestrella - Thanks for the welcome! If your ear is still bothering you, I've found that it helps to warm up some olive or almond oil and drip a bit in, swish, and let it drain to try to help melt some of the wax. Dunno if that's better/worse than the drops, but it's another option!

Thanks for letting me hang out in your thread!

Last edited by Defining; 01-25-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 199/190/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm so glad to see all of these posts. I too am starting late, but I'm excited to have some accountability as I jump into trying to lose weight again (lost some in high school but after going to college it all came back plus ten).

Right now I'm trying to keep things as low carb as possible (but not no carb, because...well, I like carbs). I'm definitely noticing ridiculous cravings - pacing around the kitchen, desperate to stuff my face with goldfish but knowing that, at least for me, one handful of goldfish inevitably leads to ten.

I also want to give running another chance, even though it isn't my best friend in the world. I ran trails over the summer and liked it, but got bursitis in my ankle from running nearly every day for a month straight. (Unfortunately, no weight lost since I was eating enough to make up for the expenditure.) Right now I'm mostly figure skating for exercise (which I ADORE), but I know that running will shed the pounds. Plus I can only skate in the winter since the rink near me is outdoors. Aggh! I just need the motivation!

Encouraging thoughts to all others involved right now! Let's make the new us permanent!
linguigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:35 AM   #89  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Aww yay! you guys are awesome!!

Cake was awesome! I then went to the gym yesterday and burned 500 calories in just 40 mins.... felt light headed to had to stop. I hit 13,000 steps yesterday as well which was pretty cool. My aim today is to hit 15,000 to try and catch up with FitBit competition that I am in .

I am now only 1.5lbs up from the weekend. I dropped right down yesterday which was awesome.... but then I had more cake. Now there is now cake to distract me for just now I have also decided to go gluten free in February to see if it is the reason why i get such strange tummy noises, gas, bloating, tiredness, and well weight

Bring on February!!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:48 AM   #90  

Defining: I don't do nothing big as far as workouts go. I will do a mile or two walk...I love my stationary bike (which doesn't burn a ton of calories)...and I'll do a workout video off YouTube every now and again (like Walk away the pounds) I like to do what I can maintain.

Weight was down this morning (Woo hoo!!) & today was of my official weigh in day..I am down 5 lbs since the 9th of January which is roughly 2 lbs per week so I can't complain. I've been getting my workouts in and eating within my calorie range. I am ready to be in the 130's!! Hopefully the 3.4 lbs comes off quick!