Old 01-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a good day! I had eggs, veggies, cheese, sauce and a clementine for breakfast, Lara bar (banana chocolate chip yummm) for a snack, chicken, veggies, sauce with a side of salad and a small meal of lean beef, peas and tomato sauce for dinner. I also worked out on my bike for 50 minutes and so with my 1250 calories, my deficit is about 600 calories.

Today I had eggs, ham, veggies, sauce and a clementine for breakfast, Lara bar for a snack and I had a chicken bean caesar salad, potato skins with a touch of sauce and some blueberries. I'm at 1050 calories for the day and feeling full so that's good. I got in 1 hour and 15 minutes of dancing (I can do it while catching up on social media!) and a half hour of cycling so happy with the exercise for the day although I do need to do strength training tonight or tomorrow. No major issues with cravings which is always nice. I weighed in at 142.5 again which I'm fine with. I'm just really glad I was able to stick with a full week of staying on plan

Claygirl Welcome back! I'm glad you're trying again and congrats on staying on track for your first day Everyone needs to start somewhere. I think you're doing the right thing in taking time for yourself as you deserve it and it will only make you a better parent. Good luck for the new year!

Emsikins Congrats on the weight loss! Sometimes you just need a little proof it's working to keep you on track. I read that DEXA scales can be a little high (like 5%) so I'm hoping that's true. And the good news is metabolism can always be improved so don't give up I feel like when I see the 130s again, I' going to cry because it's been 6+ years now but I am determined to get there and hopefully the 120s by the event in April I'm going to where I hope to surprise my friends. And the burrito was indeed delicious!

MorningGlory Congrats on the big loss! Persistence definitely is key and I am determined to actually hold to it this year. I'm not sure what weight I feel best as I gained weight during puberty (and never weighed myself before) and have yet to lose this weight but I need to be lean for doing parkour and from pictures of women at my height, that's around 125. I may even need to go down to 120 and then gain 5 pounds of muscle. But it'll all be worth it when I have the body of my dreams! I don't think 125 is the best weight for everyone at my height but because of my body shape (I store a lot of fat in my stomach) and my goals, I need to go down pretty low. But for once, I am confident in my ability to get there no matter what.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

Weighed in again today and I've dropped down again to 161.8! Pretty sure most of this is water weight, but still. I'm glad to know that the LC diet is at least making a change!
So, overall I've gone from 164.4 to 161.8 in about a week. So close to the 150s!!

Today I splurged a bit. Instead of splurging a little every other day, I'm sticking to a once-a-week meal splurge. I gotta live a little! That is, unless my weight loss stalls again. Then I'll have to completely restrict my splurges. But let's hope that doesn't happen haha.
Hopefully I can maintain my will power to not weigh-in until at least Wednesday.

Claygirl - Thank you! I never knew carbs had that much of an impact on weight. Crazy! And I totally agree! That's why I'm trying not to weigh-in everyday, 'cause I too can can discouraged if it doesn't go down much. But it's definitely great when it surprises you with great results! And good for you for taking care of you and joining the studio! Doing something that you makes you happy can have an impact on so many different things. You deserve a happy place!

MorningGlory - WOW! Congrats on the loss!! Weight-loss surprises are always the best feeling! And thank you! Yes, I wish I knew of the evil of empty carbs long ago! I can't believe they can dictate your weight that much!

Zucena - Good for you for staying on your plan! Can't say I've ever in my life stayed with a plan for a week straight with no cravings, so I'm very impressed!! I'm dreading the thought of going six whole days without any little splurges, haha. Really? Man, I hope mine was just over-estimating my BFP 'cause that number really got to me. Psh, girl, well get ready to cry 'cause your 130s moment is coming up!! You so deserve it!! Only 2.6 lbs away!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:33 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Hello everyone!

Sorry I dropped of the last challenge. I completely forgot that I was travelling around the last few weeks of the challenge with no access to scales or a computer. Anyway, I am definitely up for a new year new me challenge
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Welcome, Claygirl ~ Your happiness is the number one priority. (I always think of the scenario of putting on your oxygen mask first before tending to anyone else in a dire situation.) That way, your husband and your son benefit immensely from your exuberance!

Surprises are in store every time one gets on the scale. For instance, yesterday I went to weigh in at my Medifast Center. I was on plan, "felt" thinner, but I was beyond psyched when the numbers showed a 4 pound loss! Needless to say, I am still on cloud 9!

Persistence and accountability are the keys that will unlock the door to your weight goal. Just take it one day, one minute and one moment at a time.

You are getting your plan in order: food plan, childcare + pottery = happy family!
Thank you for the kind words morningglory. I hope I can make this a good year!

Wow 4 lbs I would be on cloud 9 too, congratulations on your hard work! 😊
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #35  

Zucena: wow you are doing great! I need to work more on my meal plans (I'm trying to cut my carbs down) but I need more ideas. I may steal some of your meal ideas 😉

Emsikins: I know what you mean about cheats! It's hard not to. Right now my main cheat is halo top ice cream. It's around 300 calories for a pint, so I can eat half and I don't feel horrible afterwards! We are going on vacation next week though so I'm a bit worried about that. I'll check in here to make sure I stay accountable though.

Update
Pretty good day yesterday, I ended up eating 1500 calories (I got really hungry last night, I ate too many carbs so I'm focused more on protein and healthy fats today). This morning I weighed in at 208.2, down from 211 a few days ago. It's probably almost all water weight but it was definitely nice to see. I miss onederland...

I also ordered a new toy for me, and instant pot pressure cooker. It should be here in a couple days. I've noticed sometimes I eat badly because I don't want to have to cook healthy things from scratch. The instant pot looked pretty awesome for cooking quickly from scratch, and only messing up one dish. Lately when I cook healthy I make such a mess it makes me not want to do it again. Plus my son is all over me like a monkey whenever I try to cook! I'm trying to make things easier to do right, which has helped me in the past.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Yesterday I ate 150 calories of beef, half a slice of cheese and a little bit of marinara sauce as I wasn't too hungry so I came in at 1200 calories with a deficit of 600 calories, yay. And then I had an amazing morning for me today as I weighed in at 140.9 pounds!!! I really did not expect to get there that fast and I doubt too much is water since I've already lost a lot of that so I'm excited. Just one more pound until the 130s! I was so happy to see it that I spent an hour dancing and was rejuvenated in my motivation. I did have a Lara bar before it because I was starving but it kept me going through my exercise. Then for breakfast I was craving an eggs, cheese and ham sandwich so I had that sans bread (thank god I don't have any in the house) with a side of refried beans and peppers and a clementine. So far I'm at 650 calories and I'm looking forward to staying on track for the rest of the day and getting in a cycling workout.

One of the things I'm thankful of right now is I bought some LC meals in case I needed a break from my usual meals (I get bored easily with food) and so far I have had NO cravings to actually want to eat any of them. Usually I would eat them immediately so I'm proud of myself for sticking with the more unprocessed food that I'm eating.

Emsikins Congrats on the loss! You're almost to the 150s I think 1x/week meal splurges make a lot of sense and hope they work for you. I should clarify that I meant no *major* cravings in the last two days (I had real cravings early in the week) but I indeed had a short moment yesterday when I wanted to eat like 3 Lara bars but it was fleeting so nothing major. Usually I have a lot so I'm glad my body isn't tempting me too much right now. I have no illusions it'll continue forever though. And you were right on the 130s! Last time I lost weight I worked really hard for 3 weeks and went from 143-140 and then the scale wouldn't budge and it was SO disheartening which is why I'm feeling particularly excited about getting to the 130s. I know I just need to be persistent and not give up like last time.

Nanu Welcome back! Hope your traveling went well and feel free to join in and post at any time.

Claygirl Thanks! My ideas are pretty basic because I hate cooking but feel free to take them I'm buying these pre-made sauces (creamy parmesean, garlic butter, chicken pot pie, etc) which has made a huge difference in getting me to stick with my plan as I really enjoy them. But I'm sure if you look around the internet, you can find some great new meal ideas. Good job on the calories and for the scale going down! I think making things easier and making the changes an easy lifestyle for you is a huge part of sustainable weight loss so I hope the new purchase works out!

Good luck with the new week everyone!

Last edited by Zucena; 01-09-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #37  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Hey all.I managed to gain 10 lbs in 2-3 months and I'm feeling ridiculously fat and bloated at 132.My pants are all tight and I wanna be back to 121.I start 6 months of macro coaching this month.I need to get back to my regularly scheduled diet of healthy food with a once a week cheat meal.My main issue is stress eating.I also have an addiction To French fries I like them crunchy so I'm trying to find a healthy alternative.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #38  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

So great to see the thread active! The last challenge became very quiet towards the end (which is normal) so it's great having people to talk to again. I just got back from my trip to Wales to see some friends. I had a wonderful time hanging out with them and exploring the city (Cardiff), even though the place itself wasn't that exciting and weather was pretty grim it was great being in their company. I ate a lot of food, but also balanced it with a lot of walking. My first week weigh in was 168.2 lbs, but today I weighed 167.8 lbs so a 0.4 lb drop. I'm pretty happy with that!

I'm feeling pretty drained and tired today, think I might be coming down with a cold, so forgive me for skipping on personals. I get right back on it when I'm back to a normal schedule and feeling myself again!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 AM   #39  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone! So much to catch up on, I will say that I have read every single one of your comments, but I don't have time just now to do personals.

For those of you who are climbing back on the wagon, FANTASTIC! It's a new year, and another chance at hitting some personal goals.

For those who are joining us for the first time, WELCOME! Even if you have been on the forum but only recently came across 20-somethings.

Its nice to see this so busy and chat to some new people

About me: Well I hit the gym running..... then I died all weekend with Doms Yesterday I went back twice, and then as you can imagine, today I am again struggling with some leg soreness. My muscles are screaming but in a good way .

Today I will need to do some ab workouts and some stretching, maybe even some foam rolling to get my legs back some life . I have had my 3 boiled eggs on toast in the morning and I will be having some sort of tuna salad possibly for lunch. Then dinner tonight is salmon with potatoes and veggies. It is also not a gym day today, so I will be taking the dog for a walk tonight to get some steps in and to ease the leg pains

Weigh in tomorrow and Will be updating my loss
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #40  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

S/C/G: 211/195/154

Height: 173

Hay y'all! I've gone underground until Friday, when my exam is so just giving you a little update.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and I'm excited and scared at the same time. I really feel that I've been staying on track but I always get so nervous as if I ate something terrible in my sleep that I don't know of and now life as I know it will end.

Yesterday I shamefully ate 3 pieces of mint chocolates in the kitchen but I feel a real case of good old PMS creeping up on me so in hindsight it was totally worth if for my mental health and the wellbeing of those around me lol.

Edit! = weighed myself this morning; 4lbs doooown!

Claygirl1518 - I was off track for most of 2016 and just got back on it in November. Motivation just did not happen before that. I try not to think about my fails and go day by day. My first week felt awful, I get what you're going through. It seems like you're doing good just taking it day by day!

Emskins Congrats on your loss(es)!! that's awesome and such a good validation of your efforts, you're doing it! I have also gone from spontaneous splurges to one crazy meal a week, I've realised my metabolism is not like in my teens lol and I can't keep up with like a whole day of splurging.

Zucena
- So nice that you're having good days, I love the feeling of just not having to struggle haha

skittlesfirehawk - Welcome, I hope you reach your goal!

Riestrella - It's definitely a win to not gain weight when you've been away and out of context.

Scotsgal - Go you! It's nice when you get to a point when you ache in a good way and not just wishing for quick merciful death.

Last edited by flupi; 01-11-2017 at 06:50 AM.
flupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #41  
Determind Member

Weighed in this morning at 280.5, so I am .6 up from before xmas and I plan on blasting it away! This morning I sat with the shower on my legs giving 1 minute of cold water and then 1 minute of hot for about a good 6 minutes to help get the blood flowing in my aches and pains. Then I went to the gym, There are some weights that I am just blasting through, but then there are others that I am so bad at . But this is only week 1, so I am still learning and working it out. My legs feel good just now, the weather is soo cold outside just now, so I have had to come back, put on some pjs and wrap my legs in a warm blanket. I will be going back to the gym after dinner with my mum, then I will take part in some cardio. I still can't find my ear phones anywhere, being without them in the gym is horrific, just no motivation to keep going.

Breakfast today was: 3 eggs scrambled with 4 cherry tomatoes and a little bit of paprika spice. Also a greek yog with cinnamon

Lunch: Lentil Soup with a sandwich thin and a cut apple.

Dinner will be tomato and herb Cod with veggies.

Snack: A cinnamon bagel thin :O with a low cal hot chocolate
Old 01-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Hello everyone! It's great to be back on here and finally ready to put in the time and effort it takes to really be healthy. Yes, I want the scale to drop, but I'm really ready to be able to run and jump and climb the way I want to. Post holiday season I've jumped up to 176.4 lbs which is almost 7 lbs higher than I was pre-holiday season. That's more than usual, but with family flying in and a boyfriend who once thought of going to culinary school the food, wine and good times have been a flowin'.

Anyway, I'm happy to say that after a great holiday that I don't regret for a moment, I do see the difference in my clothing and when I go rock climbing I can feel the fatigue. Hoping to get back on the healthy train, stop snacking at work, and really focus on getting back on the wagon.

I'm also happy to see so many other people on here feeling the same! One thing that seems to always help is having a supportive community that knows what you're going through. Good luck to all of us!
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I'm up for the challenge! I know I'm 12 days late.. & I'm not from either forum. I'm all over 3FC. Is this okay?
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #44  

So, like many people right now I think I'm getting sick. I just put my son down for a nap, and I feel nauseated and have a Headache, so once I have the energy to get up I'll drink some water, then decide if I need to keep lying down, or take a bath or something while he's sleeping. My body seems to want to rest.

I've been doing pretty well, yesterday was great, I'm working on cutting down on carbs and I ate 1200 cals yesterday, mostly protein. The day before wasn't so great because I went to a moms meetup to discuss making an active play date group and we ordered in pizza, and of course there was wine 😊. I don't feel too badly though because I really need to get out more and get to know other moms, so overall despite the extra calories it was a success.

I'm also leaving for vacation on Sunday, hopefully I can stay on track there as well.

Sorry Im not responding to personals today, I think I need too rest before my kiddo Wakes back up!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #45  
Determind Member

Hey, Welcome newbies!!

This is one of the better challenges, you can join at any time as long as you can put in a starting weight. Anyone can join, even those who are brand new to the 20-somethings page. I think its great to stay accountable, I also put in my measurements, its great to see the different in just 8 weeks. I recently started back at the gym, so for me there should be some inches lost in that department.

I have finally lost my Xmas weight!! I thought that it would never go, I have been working my butt off to get it gone, and now it is.... I hope that everyone who has still yet to burn it off, will soon feel the relief that I feel today. I am also able to walk today My body must be getting used to the gym a little better now, so I can currently pee without crying in pain.

Today is a non gym day, which is meant to be a day of house work and a long beach walk, but its been snowing I don't know if I own enough clothes to go out in that. While the dog might want out just now, 5 mins in, she will be wishing she never whined about it.

Today has been a very high carb day, starting to run out of food in the house so breakfast was an normal.

3 boiled eggs on toast with a cup of tea.

Lunch was actually 30g of cheese on toast with a cream on mushroom cuppasoup.

Then I was hungry quickly, so I have half a cinnamon Bagel whats wrong with me!

Dinner will be something with turkey, probably rice and veggies

I need some food essentials tomorrow, bread/milk/cold cuts, stuff like that.

I have been working on upping my calories (I know, the opposite from most), but my PT said that he wont let me even near the weights unless I start eating 1500 calories (was on 1100-1350), I think I feel a little less hungry which is always a bonus, but he wants me to work on eating no more than 80g of carbs on workout days, and only 30g of carbs on non workout days 30g????? that's a portion of rice and that's it!

Well working hard I suppose, always a learning day