Old 09-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #106  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveDogWillDiet View Post
Ri first, what a bummer about your interview. I had one like that where my boss --actually its the job I have now-- just talked about herself and what she does and thinks the whole time. Was a bit of a red flag, but I was working in a bad place and desperate to get out so I didn't mind a slightly self-centered boss. Now I have dealt with it long enough and also am ready for a career change. The new job is an internal communications director for a large company. Right now I do compliance and emergency management for a healthcare system, but before that I was a crisis communication director, so it still aligns with my skills. We will see!
I'm hoping that they really study my resume and trust that I did the jobs well enough to do this one! It would be a nice bit of income and I'm not intending to stick with it long term, just until I have enough money to move. Wow! It's so funny when I talk to people on the board and we all rant about food and exercising and weight loss, then I learn what people do for a living and it's super impressive! Do you have a face to face interview set up?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Ri yes just after I posted here I got a phone call to set up a whole afternoon of face to face interviews next week!

I was up a bit this weekend but TOM and slipping a bit is certainly the culprit. Back on the wagon today!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #108  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 4 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to add you back in.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #109  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys! How was your weekend?

Personal stuff: Yesterday I went to help with a film shoot that one of the BF's friends is working on. She's writing, directing and editing a feature. You could tell she wasn't experienced, a bit too nice for a director! You have to have a bit more balls to take the leadership role. However it was nice to be back on a film set, it's definitely what I want to do in the future and it was great to get some tips on what not to do (as mean as it sounds!).
We went to a sushi place afterwards, oh man it was amazing! Their salmon was to die for. I didn't have as much as I normally do though, I managed to contain myself since it's so expensive! It was so cheap in Japan I forget it's like $5 for 2 pieces...in Japan it was $1 for 2!

Today was errand day, BF had 2 appointments and we went for some lunch in between. Since we have excellent insurance right now (long story) I've just booked a bunch of appointments. One for my knee that I injured back in March that still gives me some issues, one dentist appointment, one dermatology appointment and another for my wrists that get really sore when I apply pressure on. I only really notice it when I'm doing planks, but sometimes my left wrist will hurt so figured it'd be good to check it out. I feel so badly though because I managed to book them all on the same day, but because I only have a learners permit right now I have to drag the BF along all day . I'll have to buy him lunch! So that'll be my 5th October - fix Rie day!

My mood has been much better since last week, I feel a lot more positive about things. I'm going to make sure I work out to keep my good mood elevated and work on my own projects (+ the one I said I'd help on but have been neglecting for a while) this week. Fingers crossed to a successful week! Almost October, when did that happen?!

Weight loss stuff: My official challenge weight last week was 165 lbs, so happy to see a drop! After a couple of days of bad eating habits (not enough water...eating out...dessert) I've been seeing 166/167 lbs the last couple of days. I always use my lowest weight of the week for my official weight, to keep me sane! This week I want to work on exercising and not over eating + HYDRATION! I neglect it too much but when I hydrate I always see a drop even if it's only slightly. I need to also work on my weight loss vlog, I've got some good ideas for how I'm going to do each video (break it down into sections, kinda like this post!).

-------------------------------

HDWD - Congrats on the interview! That's amazing, the hardest part is getting the interview I think! You're owning this challenge, keep up the amazing work.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #110  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive comments on the license picture!

Well, this weekend we hiked ANOTHER 14er, for my boyfriend's birthday. Much better experience this time! The weather was better, my body didn't get nearly as sore, and I didn't get a headache, get out of breath, or get an asthma attack. Whew. I think having just done one the previous week and being active the whole week helped prep my body for it. It was about an 8 mile hike and 3500' elevation. It's more fun when you don't feel like you're dying! Anyway, weight seems to be dropping after a slight uptick over the weekend. I didn't ride my bike home from the office today because it was raining (and sunny...and super windy. Colorado is weird), but still got a few miles in and hopefully I can ride more tomorrow! I haven't run much lately, but my bf's schedule changes soon which means I will probably have more time to run on the weekends at least.

Personally, things are pretty good. I was getting the autumn blues but I seem to have kept that at bay. I'm getting more hours at work and it is looking positive that I may go full time at the end of October *fingers crossed*. I really love it there, but man I miss having full time pay and benefits. I also can't wait until I can officially quit my other job (the one I was working full time before the move and now I work a few hours a week). They are driving me crazy!!! Especially now that I've seen how more professional organizations work. It is infuriating. In fact, I should be doing some work right now but I'd much rather write this post.

HaveDogWillDiet - Congrats on getting the face to face interview! When is it? How was your Monday getting back on track?

skittles - Do you only do weights with your trainer? If so, definitely cardio! Why not? It's good for you! But - give yourself a break. You've made amazing progress in the past year. It will take your body time to settle. You're doing great and a couple days of poor eating won't undo it.

Riestrella - It is so bizarre that the bf's mom used to be so healthy and now is the complete opposite. Did something change? I cannot imagine cooking with that much butter. I love butter but, no! That interview sounds strange and must have help disconcerting when you were done. But I hope you hear something soon. I'm sure it would be nice to have the income. Awesome that you got down to 165 this week! woohoo! and yay for being positive. It can be hard this time of year. Oh! We made a super last-minute trip to Boulder this weekend to pick up a bike for the bf and I thought of you. I forgot how pretty it is there.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #111  

Whew NNS that is a lot of hiking! My interview is Thursday. I did a good job getting back on track Saturday and Sunday, we had visitors Thurs and Fri and they were what got me off track.

I am excited about my interview, especially since the company has a fancy gym on site, so I won't have to pay to join one, or get a treadmill for the winter. But sadly, even if I get it, I might not be able to afford to take it, it is almost certain to be a pay cut. We can take a bit of a paycut, but mortgage and student loans etc all based on current pay---its not like I am all about only the money, but I do need to make ends meet!
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 6'1"

Hey I am new to this site! My name is Patricia and I am 26 years old. My height is: 6'1" and my weight is 180.4 Lb. I got interested in this challenge and would like to sign up for it... I have been not a member in any other forums here can I still sign up? ��
Etoile_de_Ticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies, sorry I've been a little MIA!

Rie Good luck for all those appointments in one day, that would stress me out to no end. Well done on staying hydrated (amongst the other good things!) - that's a definite challenge for me - I just don't feel thirsty that often and have to remind myself to drink water!

NNS Sorry to hear about the annoyances with one of your job, hope that things work out soon for you in that department!

Havedogwilldiet Good luck for your job interview! Even if you aren't sure you'll take it, I always think interviews are good experiences!!

~Ok so I've been mostly back on track for the last week or so, at least with eating. I'm hoping to see a little loss this week, though I haven't done a whole heap of exercise, as I just got a tattoo this past Saturday. I went for a long walk last night, though, and that was good. I don't know if I'll keep off whatever I lose, because it's my birthday this Friday! Boyfriend and I are headed down to Seattle on the train, and we're going to see Death Cab for Cutie, which I'm also pretty excited about. I always treat myself on my birthday - it's a few days of cheating to be honest.

I've been SO tired these past couple of weeks. I think it could be to do with my potential health problem, which I won't go into, because it's a little too scary for me to fully deal with at the moment.

Anyway, in case anyone wants to see my tattoo, here it is!! I've been wanting to get this for nearly 8 years, and with the recent scary health stuff, I figured I may as well just stop putting it off and get it done!!

rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #114  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So for the last couple of days I've been sick with some sort of stomach bug. Not so much a fever but every time I ate my stomach would cramp and I got a bit of diarrhea too. Today it seems to have cleared up though, but didn't want to jump about with a proper workout, so I went on an hour long walk. It was nice! I thought it was going to be cold, must have been my brain saying "it's October today, that means it's cold!" but ended up feeling super hot in my leggings and tank top.

The only good thing about being sick is the weight loss! I'm down to 165 lbs on the dot today so I hope I can keep it that way and lose a little more by the end of the week to get down to 164 lbs.

------------------------

NNS - Wow, you've not been in Colorado long and you've hiked two 14'ers! That's insane! I'm so happy that this time your body was cooperating with you. Fingers crossed that your job goes to full time! I'm not sure what changed honestly, but most of her free time is now spent faffing over her dog Radar. She shows him at dog shows so that pretty much occupies her mind. The BF's dad was talking to me saying she used to be a bit of a badass with exercising, she was super strong but then she just stopped and he doesn't even know why. Maybe she felt like she always had to keep up with her husband, but now she's just given up on that? If you're ever in town for long let me know and we can hang out

HDWD - Good luck on the interview! If they like you enough perhaps you can ask them to meet your current salary?

Etoile - Welcome! Of course you can join. Simply read the rules in the first post and sign on up.

rainbow - You know I'm pretty zen when it comes to doctors appointments...as long as they all don't exceed an hour then I should be fine for timing. I think I like knowing what's wrong with me! I try to hydrate more on time rather than if I feel thirsty, I try to drink 1 bottle of water by 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. As you know, I LOVE the new tattoo! Makes me want to get the Totoro one I have planned! Sounds like you have an awesome birthday ahead of you, have an amazing time!!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #115  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quick update...weighed in this morning at 163 lbs!! Whuuut. Today I need to make sure I don't celebrate this loss with food!! So happy. Even though it's probably the stomach bug that helped me lose I'm still excited, haha!
Old 10-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #116  

Ri Hey so what if the bug gave you a boost...at least something came of it!
Old 10-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #117  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, everyone! I've been to this site before, but had to take a break when personal stuff got too complicated, and I was so burned out from it that weight loss was put on hold (the right decision for me, as it turns out). I've been trying to maintain for the past few months, with relative success! But I think I'm ready to get going again.

I did one of Riestrella's challenges before and it was so fun! I kind of wish I'd been here for the start of this one, but hey, I'll join in for the last couple weeks.

Last edited by Penny105; 10-02-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #118  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys,

I've been trying to post since last Friday but I just can't. I don't even know how to say it. I lost Evan, as I'd ended up naming him, last week. I had to put him down. We finally figured out what was causing all his problems. The vet who initially did his surgery didn't actually do it.

My poor baby had to go through a sixth surgery but it was too late and the fractures couldn't be fixed. He would have to get an ostomy to survive but that's not really something you can do on a cat. There was no other choice.

He had to go through so much in his short, miserable life. I haven't really wrapped my head around what happened because he was trying so hard and so was I and even his vet. Everyone loved him at the practice, he was a wonderful kitten. He deserved much better and I'm just gutted that I wasn't able to help him. I really can't even comprehend what that POS did, I just don't know how anyone can do that...

I've been a mess since last week, of course. This whole thing hurts too much alone but then it also brings back so many memories and I've had a hard time coping. My anxiety is through the roof, I haven't been sleeping, I've been getting migraines every day, I'm smoking again... On top of everything, yesterday I went and read an article on Buzzfeed that reminded me of my burns and now the thought of just boiling water is terrifying. I'm just a mess, really. I want to stay in the challenge because I hope that it'll give me something to focus on, I really need a distraction.

But, yeah, my poor kitten suffered his whole short life and now he's gone and that's that.

Last edited by Marniadec; 10-02-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Marniadec, I'm sorry for your loss. That vet should get his license revoked. Life is really unfair for animals sometimes. At least you were a source of comfort and protection in Evan's life and did all you could.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #120  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Feeling happy I'm at 130.0
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote