Old 10-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Penny We're allowed, and encouraged, to dress up for work on Friday the 30th, but I have two offsite meetings meaning I won't be at work for most of the day, so I can't dress up. A friend is having a birthday party that night too, but I don't think that's a dress up thing either haha. So if there is no actual party and I don't get an excuse to dress up, I think I'll at least try to talk the boyfriend into scary movies, or something spooky in the least!! Do you have plans?

Rie I really like your site! It's well-laid out in my opinion. I definitely agree RE Crimson Peak - I would have definitely liked more of a creepy twist, involving the clay not just being clay. I wanted ALL of those things in the basement to be full of bodies as well. Sorry about your bad day, but congrats on turning it right around yesterday, and the loss! The salad was roasted cauli, sweet potato, black beans, pecans, spinach and a little goats cheese! It was good but I made too many in advance and had to get rid of the last two. Hope your chili was tasty!!

HDWD Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your work situation, and that you didn't get the job you applied for - hopefully something else comes up for you soon. Congrats on doing so well with your running! It's such a good feeling to beat your own records and feel that sense of achievement.

~So, as I said to Rie, I think I was over-ambitious with the salads. I had to get rid of the last two because the spinach got a little gross, and the overall salad was a little soggy. I ate it Mon - Wed, and the Wed one was not that great so I made the decision to get rid of Thurs & Fri salads. I did, however, decide that I still needed to bring lunch, so last night I made a bolognese with ground chicken. I wanted it to be turkey, but they were out, so chicken it was. I don't love ground chicken, but at least it's fairly healthy. And then, because I'm so clever, I left my lunch at home this morning. So that was a bit of a fail. I bought some sushi for lunch though, and that is also fairly good - I needed to get some fish in my diet anyway, and I'd been having a craving, so I'm happy.

There were some cookies today, brought by some of our venue contacts, which was tough. I did eat one, because I had the calories - but it wasn't even a good cookie. Man I hate wasting calories on things that aren't worth it!

I haven't worked out since Monday because I've felt like I've been coming down with a cold, and I've been told to listen to my body a bit more, so when it said it felt run down, I listened. I have still been on track with meals though, so it's all good. Still mostly keeping up the water intake, but I do notice myself slipping a bit on that in the afternoon and evening.

Weight has been steady all week, but I'm really hoping to see another small loss by tomorrow or Saturday. On that note, I should probably go fill up my water bottle and get drinking!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:59 AM   #182  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Woohoo! 5 pounds down for this challenge! My goal was just over 4 so I am pretty happy. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum and have a good weekend and week to follow. I haven't been doing much exercise with all this rain we've had, but I'm taking the bike into work today on the train and will hopefully ride the 10 miles home. We're getting some new parts for it this weekend to make it more comfortable so there should be some nice, long rides in my future.

I really am missing running, though. I just don't know how I will fit it into my life. At the moment, Sundays are about the only time I can easily fit it in. Maybe I should put it into my calendar to make sure I stick to it! Even though I miss it, it's not like I'm sitting on my butt all the time so I really shouldn't be so down about it. I'm still getting lots of exercise. Though I am worried about the winter! I don't have space to workout indoors and the gyms are really expensive. I think I'll just have to get lots of layers

Tonight we are hanging out with my bf's friend who just moved here from our home state. Another friend will be in town this week visiting, and a third friend may be coming out to visit next week! So nice to have familiar faces around.

Halloween....I STILL need a costume!!! Is anyone else dressing up?

rainbowstripe - Oh no! There is nothing worse than leaving your lunch at home! For the salads, hardier lettuce like romaine tends to last longer, though I have had a lot of luck with spring mix, too. Sushi sounds like a nice compromise Feel better!

Ries - That's great that you still lost after a bad day and got right back to it the next! Ugh, who needs bacon grease AND butter in one dish?

HaveDogWillDiet - Awesome job on the long run! Good luck with your job hunt. I just went through something similar (though eventually I did get to quit....and then it took me two more months to find a job, ugh). It's so depressing and exhausting but keep your spirits up!

Last edited by nonameslob; 10-23-2015 at 08:59 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Froday! Whew! The last two days I was TOM-ing and overate a bit-not as much as I would eat normally pre-diet so there's that at least. I have managed to maintain my loss from earlier in the week, but there is just something about the time of the month that makes me not want to go running and makes me want to eat more. I know, not unique at all! Trying to pysch myself up to go for even a short run later. I know I won't regret it if I can get out there!

I am still looking for a used treadmill....I am going to have to snatch a good deal before it gets taken, there are a lot of cheap walking ones and overpriced too fancy ones available.

So exciting to see everyone's momentum on the challenge! This is my first one but I am definitely going to do the next one! Thanks again, Ri!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #184  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Guys...I'm in trouble. Mum just sent me a care package full of my favourite crisps and chocolate!! Aaaahhhh!! I've already had 1 of the 4 bags of crisps (they're a LOT smaller than American bags of chips!) and a row of chocolate. I need to RATION this package!! But I can see myself getting all unrestrained and eating it all . I need to CONTROL MYSELF!

So today I've been feeling a bit gloomy...I tend to have these moments of pure happiness and feeling all excited then I can have days where I don't want to see/do anything. I've considered going to see a doctor/therapist about it, but I fear they'd just whack me on some drugs and shoo me out the door. I was going to go for a run, but I didn't sleep well last night so once I started to do my morning routine of reading I ended up falling asleep. After that...there's no real excuse =/. I'll go tomorrow when the weather isn't as dreary.

To make myself feel more positive about today I did do a good solid job search. I found 3 jobs to apply for that I'm qualified to do, basically they're receptionist/admin positions and all are part time so I can focus on editing as well. I discovered a website called Thumbtack, I signed up thinking it'd be a great way to get clients for editing, but you have to PAY to send a quote to them. A bit ridiculous really...will have to keep searching for a way to get my name out there.

Yesterday I had a good day as well, I did my workout (yoga) like I wanted and I was good with food. I was a little up this morning, but I think that was down to lack of water. My homemade chili was delicious!! So happy with how it came out, a solid base recipe, I would like it to be a little spicier though.

--------------------------------------

rainbow - That's a good point - the lower level! "Never, ever go below this level." Or else what?! She wasn't exactly reprimanded for going down...nor was it that scary down there. Haha, sorry to keep venting! Sorry about the soggy salads, you live and you learn! Salads are a bit tricky because of that...you could potentially store all the cut up ingredients in different containers and just throw them together in the morning? I hate it when I leave my lunch at home!! But hey ho, at least you had some sushi . I love it so much...I think I could eat it every day. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well with your water intake too! Might I suggest that when you're feeling run down/a cold coming on to perhaps just go on a nice long walk? It's not exactly a hardcore workout, but it's something and it might do you wonders in regards to feeling crappy.

NNS - Woohoo, huge congrats on making your goal!! That's so great to hear!! Even though you're not running, biking is still such a great workout for you. If you don't want to give it up then definitely schedule a time to do it on a Sunday. You could probably do a long run with all the cardio you're doing. You can most certainly run outside in winter, you just need the right clothes! Haha, apparently my BF's Mum does!! She's like a butter-aholic. Everything she cooks has SO much butter in it. We had homemade burgers the other day...she used like 2 tbsps of butter to fry some onions with. I would have just used a bit of PAM! If I make the recipe again I'm definitely going to make some alterations, like cooking it with turkey bacon and not having butter in it.

HDWD - I'm the same, I become a food MONSTER just before my period! Did you get my PM about Insanity? Just a couple more days until the next challenge opens up!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Rie - Star Wars fan here! Super excited about the new movie. Would you go to the midnight release? I was thinking about buying tickets since they're already on sale, but I have to wake up at 6:15 every morning for class, so I'd probably regret it. By the way, I think it's completely normal to have days where you don't feel like doing anything. Especially with the dreary weather you mentioned. I use days like that to recharge if I've been really busy. About the care package, what I usually do is keep it in my garage - or someplace far from where you usually are.

rainbowstripe - I've been researching and it seems like a lot of people suddenly get allergies in their early 20s. I'm pretty much the same age as you were, about to turn 24.

For Halloween, there's some kind of event happening in a closed-down hospital, which sounds spooky. I'll probably either do that or stay home/with friends and watch movies. No costume though, I'm boring.

Went out for my birthday last night. Since I've been keeping very low with the calories lately, I had what was basically a fancy bacon cheeseburger - omg, it was soooo good. I don't eat meat very often, so it was a treat. Instead of beer I went with cocktails that were short and strong - for less calories and bloating. Today I've been eating pretty simple - oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, and I'm making potato and leek soup for dinner.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #186  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Halloween is coming fast, guys!

I've been pretty busy the last week. Things are going pretty well, though. Now I've got to get ready to go to another wedding. I've been to so many in the past couple years! I like weddings well enough, though. Just need to figure out what to wear...

Reistrella: About the care package, if you don't think you can ration it, maybe give most of it away?
With the ups and downs you feel, are they a pattern affecting your daily functioning or really bothering you emotionally? If so, I'd talk to a someone (or a couple someones) and see if they can help. You may not need meds, and you can make that preference clear.

HDWD: Yeah, bar crawls get pretty expensive. I tend to not do them, but I'm also a major light weight (despite my size).
Good luck with the job hunt! It's so frustrating when things don't pan out. Keep looking and I'm sure you'll find some other options.

Rainbow: Well, a party is a party, right? I hope you have fun! My plans are not set yet. I'm either going to go to a party, have people over for a party (not my choice, but it could happen), or settle in with friends and BF and watch scary movies and drink. My favorite is the latter, but it might not happen.

NNS: Congrats on reaching your challenge goal!
I don't think I'll dress up. If I do, I'll use one of the two old costumes I have. I love to see other people dressed up, though. Some people are so good at costume makeup and stuff!

Mongoose: Happy birthday! I'm glad you had a good time going out to celebrate!
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #187  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So this week I'm clocking in at 164 lbs, 1 lb up from last week. I'm confident that I can get down for Halloween and reach my goal of 163 lbs. I figured it's best to be honest with myself and with all of you about my weight, despite it being a gain. There's no point hiding it after all! To think positively I'll say that my weight has been between 164 lbs - 164.6 lbs, so I figure with a good push on exercise/hydration/healthy eating I'll get down into the 163's.

Last night we went for sushi...omg it's so good. I could eat it all day every day. After that we went to a Halloween party at my BF's kickboxing gym. It was a bit clique-y, and the BF didn't know many people (he does kickboxing and muay thai, most of the people were either cross fit or jiu jitsu) so we left a bit early. I wore my Totoro onesie though, 2 people told me they knew who I was dressed as!

I also went on a 20 minute run yesterday, it wasn't my best, I was doing a 11:55 min/mi but I'm glad I got out there and did it. Small steps!

In regards to my care package - I've actually been REALLY good! I completely forgot it existed yesterday, I kept it in the shoe box it came in and put it in the bottom of my closet out of sight. I had a small amount today, but didn't binge on it. So far so good

-------------------------------

Mongoose - Yaaay, another Star Wars fan! I'd be VERY surprised if you got tickets now...the night they went on sale I was on the website for our local theater and it crashed for about an hour. When I finally got through to get tickets most of the seats were taken! Madness. We're going on the Friday at 12:45pm, I'm sure it'll be fun! That's a great idea about the care package, I do better when it's not in my sight all the time! That Halloween event sounds awesome! There's an attraction in Japan that's a haunted hospital, but it's year around. People are hired to jump out at you, it looks so scary! I don't think people make it past a couple of check points. Sounds like you had an extremely healthy day following the birthday celebration! Not that you did badly, but it's nice to balance those moments out.

Penny - I've only been to a handful of weddings, I think about 5? I'm gutted that I missed the wedding of one of my closest friends though...that's the hard part about moving to another country though .
I think I will share some of the goodies that are in there, every time I have something I was considering offering it to someone else too. I don't think I could give it away though, after all it's a gift from my Mum and it is sort of special to me despite it being food!
I get ups and downs within a long length of time, so I can be really positive and happy for 4 days then for 1-2 days I want to do nothing. Over the weekend I'm really happy/positive, then the day after it's over I feel the need to hibernate and not do anything. The urge to not do anything is really strong in me in those moments...the reason I got to be 200 lbs was because for about a year or so those days were every day. I just ate and didn't move. So, I'm much better now than who I was back then, but maybe there are things someone could teach me about dealing with those days better.

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-25-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

NNS 5lbs, way to go! That's awesome! Yeah, I'm gonna have to reconsider what I make my salads with, and regularity of making them - but making them in the first place is a step in the right direction for me!

Rie Glad to hear the chili was good! I feel you on the days where you want to do nothing/see no one. I have them far too often, and I don't think I have the balance of the pure happiness days. But I second Penny's suggestion - talking to someone doesn't have to be a big or a scary thing, and no one is going to medicate you without your consent, so maybe worth looking into? I am looking into it myself at the moment, but haven't really taken the first step. Care packages are DANGEROUS - my mum sent me a bunch of candy in with my birthday package, and I've been rationing that fairly well, but there's always that temptation! I have mine in a high cupboard I can't physically reach without needing a chair haha. I should take your advice and walk. I don't think I can do a long one at the moment, I'm super fatigued, but even 20-30 mins is better than nothing!

Mongoose Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had a nice night out - cheeseburgers are a weakness of mine for sure. I hope you had a great time!

Penny A scary movies night at home sounds great! My plans for next weekend just filled right up, so I don't think I'll get to do that anymore, but I do get to dress up now, so I'm happy about that! Hope you find something to wear to the wedding!

~I've been a little off-course with eating this weekend, but very aware of it. Friday night we went out for pizza, but that was actually not too bad. We split a thin crust pizza, and I didn't have any drinks, so I guess it's not the end of the world. I had to work yesterday, which wasn't all that fun, and though I took the chicken bolognese I'd made, it was actually really not that good - I ended up with an upset stomach within 20 minutes! Then I got into some halloween candy that had been left around our desk spaces. Yeah...I need to work on self-control!

We went out last night, my boyfriend's office-mates for his PhD wanted to get together and meet partners etc, so we went around to one of their apartments for drinks and nibbles. As I got home late and we had to pick up dinner on the way, we stopped at the only place in between her place and ours on our walking route, which was McDonald's. I limited myself to just a cheeseburger and fries, and instantly had pains in my stomach - I feel like maybe I got used to eating healthier stuff over the past couple of weeks? I dunno. Anyway, I didn't really drink, but I did snack on some of the corn chips and naan bread that were around, and had a chocolate chip cookie.

I guess I've made up for it today by barely eating, though that was more because we have nothing in the house, and I don't really want to go anywhere. One of those days. In fact I have been wearing no pants all day haha. I ate a couple of pieces of toast, and have now found out we have to go out and have dinner with our friends. They live close by though, and they're our closest friends here, so I don't have to make too much of an effort.

My goal tomorrow is to exercise while my boyfriend is at physiotherapy. I have the day off since I worked Saturday. My weight was down a little more on Friday, and I haven't weight since - so I'm going to do my final weigh in on the 30th, and hope that I see a miracle. Even though I changed my goal, 2 pounds in a week might be a bit of a push.

I also got a halloween costume sorted on my break yesterday! I'm going to go as a bat. I like doing animal costumes, because I secretly wish I were an animal a lot of the time. So I got this cute velvet bodysuit with bat wing type things attached from H&M of all places, and I'm going to wear it with black stockings and a black skater style skirt. With ears, and a whole lot of black makeup.

Sorry this post feels super disjointed and all over the place! Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 10-26-2015 at 10:29 PM.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #189  
Hello!

The weather is getting colder here. It's feeling less like autumn and more like winter. I am not a fan. Anything below 65 degrees and I get very cold. I don't even like it below 75. It's definitely worse since I lost weight from my high weight. But then again I used to always be SO hot, so I guess it's a pretty good trade off... Though I still don't love when I feel frozen to the bone when it's below freezing.

Riestrella: I think acknowledging your weight, especially to yourself, is a good thing. I know for me that when I start not being honest or (especially) not weighing, it's only a matter of time before I'm way off track (the head-in-the-sand thing gets me every time). You can absolutely reach your goal of 163!
Moms are special - It makes sense that something like a care package from your mom is important, especially if she doesn't live nearby. But I'm glad keeping it out of sight has been working.

Rainbow: My scary movie night just went up in smoke. I now have TWO parties to go to, AND people are coming over. It'll be fun, but it's not my first choice. I'm kind of a homebody.
Hope the meet the partners dinner went well!
And your costume sounds adorable!!!

Last edited by Penny105; 10-26-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #190  

Picking up my used treadmill today! It was just what I was looking for and the timing is right and the price was...well, it was not quite right, but it was ok.

I had a weird week last week. TOM, ate extra, but still foods that are part of my diet, my exercise was low (mainly due to TOM sluggishness) but I still lost 2lbs. I want to get back on it this week because I do want to keep the habit of being conscious of what I am eating and exercising. Not obsessive, but conscious. Like some said below, I definitely can have the head in the sand problem, which is what got me here, and so I am trying to not go back there! We can do it!

Nice job on the care package, Ri!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #191  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #192  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

For those of you who entered our measurements challenge, please remember to fill in those inches on the challenge spread sheet! Otherwise, let's GO GO GO until Halloween! Winners will be announced on Monday 2nd November, so be sure to have your final weight in by Sunday at the latest.

Please join me in my next spread sheet challenge which is up NOW! -->Click here to sign up for the Delicious for Christmas 2015 Challenge!<--
Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 AM   #193  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Yesterday was a chill out day, which was actually really nice. My boyfriend and I just hung out all day with the exception of going out to buy a new PS4 controller so we could play a Tomb Raider game on co-op . We had a Cobb Salad for dinner, which was super delicious, so I didn't see a gain on the scale this morning.

Today was more of a busy, errand running type of day. Doctors appointments, post office, UPS delivery, shopping...it was tiring but we made it through! We headed out at about 8:15am and got back around 2:30pm. I made dinner tonight, "skinny" orange chicken. It was pretty good! I think the sauce was a little too zesty so next time I might only use a little orange zest instead of the the whole thing. I got the recipe off pinterest.

Tomorrow it's back to normal! I'm gonna do a strength workout (full body again) and be mindful of food. I must remember to book an appointment for physio therapy too! I keep putting it off.

Something I noticed today, I met up with my BF's sister briefly while we were out today. She's been super active/healthy for all her life, she's got a "real" body i.e it's muscly and toned vs. underfed. She was hanging out in her running pants and a hoodie, but she still LOOKED thin and healthy. Usually when I wear hoodies I feel big and blob-like, so it was quite motivating to see her look still slender in her chill out clothes. I know I'll be happy with my body when I'm being a complete slob but still look thin!

-------------------------

rainbow - That's so weird about your chicken bolognese giving you a upset stomach! I take it you heated it up enough? I know chicken can be a bit of a weird one when re-heating. I think something I find useful is reeeaallly evaluating if what I'm about to eat will benefit my health. Most of the food I love is a big "NO!" so if I really focus on what it's doing to me and my insides then it can put me off. I tend to visualise bad food as leaving an awful gunk in my belly vs. healthy food which is all light and airy! It's strange. You experienced the healthy belly! Eating REAL food and a lot of it will make your body reject the fake/crappy food like McD's. It's a huge advantage to feel, despite the unpleasantness. Congrats on the loss! Did you end up working out? Sounds like a cute outfit, show us some pics!

Penny - Haha, we're the opposite! I prefer the colder weather. I like feeling like a blob. This is me!

HDWD - The body can do incredible things, if you are on it with health/fitness for a long period of time you will continue to lose for a while even if you have a bad week. It's one the best things about keeping a good routine going! Let's keep a clear head and move forward and achieve our goal . Woohoo, I hope your treadmill is all you want and more!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-27-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #194  
Hello!

I made my Halloween goal this morning! I'm 173.6! Yay!

Riestrella: See, I like warmer weather because I get cold, but I adore winter clothing (not so much summer clothes - love me some sweaters). It makes me very conflicted every year.

HDWD: Congrats on getting a treadmill! Let me know how it goes - I kind of want to get one because I hate exercising outside when it's cold, but I want to learn to run.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #195  

Penny on making goal! I am very excited about the treadmill. Will do my first workout this evening!