Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I don't really have any exercise goals per say excpet to try to do it more this month, I'm saving September for that. Didn't want to have eating OP and exercise all grouped together at the beginning, a little too overwhelming but...two days in a row ladies. I even did my flipping Nordic Track yesterday for 25 minutes! woohoo!

And Bella that is a fabulous dress, mine is sleevless too and my arms aren't going to be waving in the breeze by then. And I have Tae Boe tapes too, they are very intense but you can actually feel your abs afterwards, I just love that! Maybe I'll have to dig those things out of storage.

Tummy
Old 08-15-2003, 09:29 AM   #32  
Hoping for Success

20 ----> 14 WOW!!! Amazing.

Thanks about the flowers. They were awesome! I picked out the flowers and the balloons....and they came out awesome. My hubby's mom did all the rest..there aren't really that many pics of the whole place but it was awesome. My dad owns the building so we did whatever we wanted. I live on the same street, its a little like shopping type area..and so i used the florist on the street, the deli lady did my catering....but it was cooked food and great!!!, I got my hair done two doors down, and it was so simple and convienent. BUt I will say it was not your typical wedding....

I don't drink, but everyone else was soo drunk, even before the ceremony because we had a cocktail hour before I arrived.
Okay just giving the details...

Exercise.....I RAN YEsterday outside for the first time in a year and I made it twice as far as last year...so all the exercising in the house is finally paying off!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #33  
comeback member

Runnigng?? Awesome Carolyn!! My personal trainer back in June told me that jogging was the best way to lose weight...She also said that it is addictive...Well I am still waiting for the addiction part!!!!

I don't jog a lot coz I'm soooooo silly! I feel too self conscious about my body...Yeah I know it's stupid but it's me! I might change one day...Who knows!

Tummy---I'm glad you like the dress, I'm soo in love with it! I'll start trying on dresses in novermber I think. I want to loose more weight before that crucial moment!

I'll be cooking some weight watchers meals today with my mom. (I'm not on WW but I have a cookbook)When I'll be back home, I'll put the food in the freezer so it will be convenient I am going back to Ottawa, where I live, on Sunday. I was on vacation in Montréal to see my family. I haven't seen my fiancé for more than 2 weeks now...Can't wait to see him!!!!

Carolyn---When are you starting school?

Have a good day girlies!

Sacha
Old 08-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #34  
Hoping for Success

Oh my sacha, I wish I was addicted!! I cannot go to far yet...

I start school on the 2nd of September. I am so nervous. The teacher wants me to have my lesson plans done before the class even starts...I don't even know what he really wants though. And since it is science, I don't even know what kind of equipment will be available to me!!! Ahhhh, I don't even want to think about it.

when do you start there?

good idea with the meals, I have now solved all my problems....I was really stressing today and sacha you have changed my mood!!

love ya guys...
Old 08-15-2003, 07:31 PM   #35  
comeback member

I am starting school next week (25th) and kids are coming back on the 2nd! Like I said before, I am nervous since it's a new position...But I'll be ok!

Today I made:

vegetable soup
Bolognese sauce
Turkey meatballs with tomato sauce
Mexican stew

All low cal and fat! Woooo hooooo!

Carolyn----In these meals, could you use tofu instead of the meat? I used to work at a vegeterian restaurant and we served spaghetti sauce with tofu instead of ground meat.

I am treating myself with an iced coffee tonight...I decided that I deserve it!!!

Have a good evening!!

Sacha
Old 08-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #36  
Hoping for Success

Yeah, I am thinking about making some meals and just adding tofu when I make them. I am really getting into that wacky white stuff! hehe.

hope you enjoy the coffee Sacha. You do deserve it.

don't be nervous and good luck this week.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:58 PM   #37  
comeback member

The coffee was excellent!!!!

I'm really wondering what I'll do in september when I'll go back to the routine... Will I have time to visit you girls?!?! I hope so!!! I need you!!!

*sigh*

Sacha
Old 08-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #38  
Hoping for Success

I was thinking about the same thing. I might not visit as often because I won't be in the store in front of a computer all day!

In fact, I may not be online as much as I would like to. But I will have to use the computer...so we will see.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #39  

- Yesterday: 30 minutes treadmill + leg weights
- Today: 45 minutes treadmill + arm weights today.

*sigh*
Old 08-20-2003, 09:41 AM   #40  

Alright... I have hit the 169 mark after being at 170 for weeks. I have kicked myself back in gear and have been more careful with my eating and I have been getting up early to go for a walk/run!! Within 2 days I have dropped a pound. I have been eating good all day and then for supper I usually end up with a little more carbs than I should have, but I have been cutting back little by little.

The whipped cream in a can is my lifesaver!!!!!!!!! It cuts my sweet tooth and I love it anyways. Everynight I have a small cup of it!! Tonight I am going to make jello to have with it...what a great snack!

I am just so happy to see the scale go down again...it was stuck between 170-171 for so long that it's a great motivation to see it still go down!! :-)
Old 08-21-2003, 09:33 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

YAY GolferGirl! That's fantastic, god that must feel amazing, and way to hold on and wait it out. I'm so excited for you, happy dance! you even broke a weight decade in the process.

Tummy
Old 08-21-2003, 11:11 AM   #42  

Congrats golfergirl!!!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #43  

Thanks... I was hoping that last night I would have lost a couple more, but not the case. It feels good to see the weight go down a little though. I have went back to the induction weeks of Atkins. I may not be counting my carbs really, but I know that most things I am eating is about 1-2 carbs, so I am not worried about going over. I know by the time I get home from work I have had about 10-11 carbs, and have 10 to go... so that leaves room for a good dinner. Last night was chicken stirfry with a whipped cream dessert :-) I am starving today so I will see what I can get by with... I have hot dogs for lunch...a little higher in carbs than I am used to, 4 per dog, but I have been so sick of the same things for lunch that I needed to find other things to have at work here... Maybe I will pre-make some brats for next week so I have something with a little more substance.

I have been great at getting up early to run in the mornings lately and it feels so good to do, but it doesn't make me want to go to work :-) I think I am going to get up earlier so I can have a bigger breakfast and longer to sit down and relax before I shower and get ready for the day...
Old 08-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #44  

Default Power outages scrambling my workout!

Yikes...

Can't believe that it has already been a weeks since the power outage on the East Coast.

Last Thursday when the power went out one of my first thoughts was "Hooray! I won't have to go to the gym!" Bad girl! Now I am starting to miss my exercise routine...

It was alright the first few days because DB & I were getting a TON of walking in (about 3-4 hours a day!), but I have been called back to work as an essential worker, so there is no time for 3 hours of walking. The gym is closed, the city pools and community centres are also closed...Looks like everything will remain shut unitl next Monday at least.

Still getting around an hour of walking in...but it's not really the same as having a good sweat at the gym, is it? Long for the exercise endorphins that a workout give you.

Who knew that I could miss my regular exercise routine?? Let's hope that I remember this once I can get back into the gym!

Hope that everybody else is managing to stick to an exercise program better than I am!

Take care all....
Kris
Old 08-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #45  

30 minutes treadmill today..
Closed Thread