Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #16  

Yikes.. must update goals......... ok done.

So yes.. next summer! Its tentatively August 28, 2004. I am gonna go check out dresses when I visited my parents labor day weekend (my maid of honor lives in the same town as my family.. and the next visit isnt until Nov.. so starting early).

I hope you have a good workout
Old 08-13-2003, 03:57 PM   #17  
comeback member

I did my workout!!!! Woooo hoooo...life is great! 35 minutes of tae boe!!!! I feel great....

Tonic---- I am getting married next summer too...Probably July 10th....We started dating on July 10th 1999 so it will be our 5th year anniversary the day of our wedding...

Congrats to you!

Sacha

Old 08-13-2003, 05:37 PM   #18  

Congrats on the workout Sacha!

So me and my boyfriend have been dating since Oct 1997, so in Oct it will be our 6 year.. .. so by the time we are married it will have been almost 7 years. Time sure passes by fast.

So how much of your wedding do you have planned? Have you gone dress shopping? hehe.. maybe we should start a wedding planning thread
Old 08-13-2003, 06:02 PM   #19  
comeback member

Tonic ---- I didn't plan anything yet!! Oh boy, I need to start planning right now!

I didn't go dress shopping either. I have an idea of what I want but I know I should try some dresses on....

Will your wedding be a simple one or something extravagant?

Sacha, the wedding planner (minus JLo's body)
Old 08-14-2003, 10:54 AM   #20  

Ok I wussed out on my workout. I am stressing out really bad right now.. so many deadlines.

Sacha - I want a medium dress. I don't want it to be too simple and not too extravagent. I would like to be more then white satin (or whatever material they use) and to have some touches. But I dont want it too puffy.. or a long train.. or something I cant dance in or sit in for that matter! What kinda dress do you want? When you end up trying some one.. let me know how the experience goes.

So are you on a budget at all? If so.. I am not sure if you have heard of it or not, but there is book called "Bridal Bargains". It is awesome! You should check it out. Plus there are tons of sites online.. which I am sure you have surfed by now.

Oh and you are on to better then JLos body!
Old 08-14-2003, 11:23 AM   #21  

Hello ladies,

So many wedding plans on the 20-somethings boards! Congratulations to you both!

Have slacked off onthe exercising a bit during the last week....life has been crazy! But I am back on track - and at the gym tonight!

Woohoo! Congrats on the tae boe workout Sacha...I hear they are tough work!

JLo - eat our dust!

Kris
261-185-155
Old 08-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #22  
comeback member

Kris and Tonic---- You girls are awesome! **hugss***

I didn't sleep well last night at all...Kept dreaming about stupid stuff..Anyway, I will do my workout this afternoon cuz I need it!!

Tonic---- Did you go on 'weddingchannel.com, site? I love this site! There are tons of ideas for dresses, hair, makeup, flowers etc etc...There's also a scrapbook so you can cut and paste the items that you really like..Check it out...It's worth it...

My dress will be simple yet original...And I will tell you all about it when i'll start trying some on!

I'll look at 'The bridal bargain'. That's a really good idea! Thanks Tonic!

Have a good day!!

Sacha (that, according to Kris and Tonic, doesn't need JLo's body!! yipeeee!)
Old 08-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #23  
Hoping for Success

Sacha, I have been with my husband for the same amount of time we just got married in June! IT was awesome! I wore yellow instead of white. My grandmom made my dress and it was awesome.... I had to squeeze in, but ti was awesome!

Good luck with the planning ladies...keep me posted, I am so into this stuff.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:31 PM   #24  

I saw the pictures of your wedding dress on your site Carolyn....you looked fantastic. Loved the wreath of flowers.

P.S. Liked the haircut, too....

Kris
Old 08-14-2003, 01:42 PM   #25  
comeback member

Carolyn--- Do you have any pictures?? Would love to see some!! A yellow dress is so awesome!!

Tonic, Carolyn and Kris---If you want to see my favorite dress, go to:

http://www.lanaweber.com/Dresses/dresses.htm

The 13th one from the top

Style 406 (Silk Satin Sheath, low V-neck. Front accented with contrast appliqué. Open back A-Line sweep , train skirt.)

Talk to you all later!

Sacha
Old 08-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #26  
comeback member

Thanks Kris!! I'll look on Carolyn's website for the pics!!
Old 08-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #27  

How fun... I got married last October and we were married before our 1 year dating anniversary...it just went so well!! And still is :-)

Our wedding was on the beach in FL...Which I would recommend to anyone!! It was fun and memorable! Everything was simple! I am helping my Sister-in-law with her wedding and it's totally opposite. My recommendation is to not worry about all the little things they really don't matter. It's all about having fun, we still have people say that it was the best and most fun wedding they have been too, same with the reception. I made my own cake...it was fun and aweful at the same time :-)
Old 08-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #28  
Hoping for Success

SACHA---- awesome dress!!! I wish I could wear something like that.

The pics are on my site. I don't have any good ones in which you can really see the dress. (there are roses on it and ribbon and it was really yellow and the photos make it look like off-white) It's funny because the dress is like medieval or something and I wore flowers on my head and looked like mother nature or something....The funniest part...that is so not me!! I am like a punk princess! (well I used to be) People were shocked I didn't wear a red dress and fish nets or something... I loved the look though, it was so different and it came together so quickly! The dress was beautiful. The top part shimmered and when I walked it sparkled and it was so full. (I totally recommend not having a very full dress if you want to dance alot though!!! I had someone tie the back up for me and I had a huge looking butt!!!)

Our wedding was all DIY. We got married in the same place the reception was. All of the People wents nuts....everyone danced and everyone was just crazy and it was awesome. I laughed the whole time! And you know many brides are miserable at their weddings, so be sure to make it fun for yourself.

Last edited by ctagmire; 08-14-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:22 PM   #29  
Hoping for Success

Oh I also wanted to say thanks to Kris!

Tae Bo!! Holy -------- whatever! I am so impressed!!!! That video kicked my butt...literally. It hurt for days!
Old 08-14-2003, 09:49 PM   #30  
comeback member

Carolyn --- I love your wedding pictures. Love the flowers!

No Tae Boe for me today...*sigh* My body needs to rest!! Bought a pair of pants. Size 14! ***Happy dance*** I cannot believe that 2 months ago I was wearing size 20!! I guess it was all excess fat that was just waiting to disappear! Now, it will be a lil bit harder to get rid of the rest...But I'll do it!

Bye bye girls!

Sacha
Closed Thread