Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 AM   #61  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Clay, if it gives a little hope I'll tell you that I never get a positive until I missed a period. I have no idea how some women get 2 glaring lines 5 days before their missed period. I also completely understand how you feel about "it's one more month to get healthier". We had a 'scare' over the weekend and for the first time I was dreading being pregnant because I am trying to get to at least the 170s before trying again. That and I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and I really, really didn't want 3 under 3. :-p

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #62  
Counting bites!

So I weighed in today at 265 which means I'm only 3 pounds away from 20 pounds gone! 20 pounds down only 132 to go :-/
I think my goal this week is to shed those 3 pounds. We will see what happens.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #63  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Oooh ooh, I'm in. And right on time since it's starting today!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #64  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

179.2 today. I recorded my weigh in yesterday since it had been a week since my starting weigh in. I'm feeling good about the loss this week. No time constraints, just losing. I have a doctor's appointment this week to follow up on a scan I had done and to check in weight loss progress. I feel like I am in a good place and when I have my yearly numbers ran in October, I have a fighting chance to have no red flags.

Any advice in upping good cholesterol? I am gluten-free if that makes a difference in your answers. Thanks for the support everyone and good luck this week.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #65  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I normally weigh in on sundays so do I wait until this Sunday or put in my weight for yesterday
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:42 AM   #66  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

DrivenByAmbition: I think I read that adding omega 3's to your diet can help lower your cholesterol (almonds, salmon, flax, chia seeds, etc). I also found out that my cholesterol is higher than I would like, but it's been coming down since I've been losing weight and exercising with a healthy diet. I also eat oatmeal, and healthy fats like olive oil (not at high heat) and avocado. I also take an omega 3 supplement every day. I do eat coconut oil and grassfed butter, which is not recommended. When I made the switch to a healthy lifestyle I threw out all margarines, and "fat free" type foods, and switched to small amounts of real food. At this time though my cholesterol is still going down and I'm getting healthier. If I find that they are really bad for me I won't eat them anymore, but so far I haven't found that to be the case for me. I hope your visit goes well, and you've done amazing with your weight loss! I hope to join you in the 170s soon.

izzyboomama Thanks for the support, I'm thinking at this point TOM is coming in full force. I'm cramping now and my weight has been creeping up the last few days (188 this morning). I'm a little disappointed, but I'm good, I could use another month to keep up my healthy lifestyle. I would love to be in at least the 170s before I became pregnant. My ultimate goal is 165 (lower would be fine too). It would be tough to have 3 under 3! I can imagine you would probably want to wait until your youngest gets a little older, and that gives you time to focus on you too. You've been doing great so far! I hope you hit 20 lbs gone this week. You can do it!

Rie I hope you get that job! And I also hope you get that report from Japan finally!!

I spent about an hour last night trying on most of my closet full of clothes. I ended up taking out about 75% and putting it in a "too big" box . also went into the closet in our guest room (where I put my too small clothes last year so they wouldn't depress me as much) and some of them fit now! There are still a few things (size 10) that are still a bit too tight, but I bet once I hit the 170s they will fit again. Most of those clothes I haven't worn in almost 2.5 years. I have so much work to do today, and I'm just dreading it. I'm having trouble motivating myself today. I'll workout later, but I just don't want to do paperwork! I haven't been happy with my job for a while now. I love working with kids, but the amount of pointless paperwork that comes with it because of government departments being indecisive is truly appalling. I just need to get this paperwork done!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #67  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Got a good workout in today! I normally only go for 45 minutes, but I had some trouble with the video game I was playing, so I went for another 15. Unfortunately I didn't beat that part of the video game, but I'll try again tomorrow. So, 1 hour of cardio today! Hopefully it will help to even out the dinner out the other day, I know that wasn't good! I'm hoping for a good whoosh after TOM. For now.. I need to clean the kitchen. FUN!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #68  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claygirl1518 View Post
DrivenByAmbition: I think I read that adding omega 3's to your diet can help lower your cholesterol (almonds, salmon, flax, chia seeds, etc). I also found out that my cholesterol is higher than I would like, but it's been coming down since I've been losing weight and exercising with a healthy diet. I also eat oatmeal, and healthy fats like olive oil (not at high heat) and avocado. I also take an omega 3 supplement every day. I do eat coconut oil and grassfed butter, which is not recommended. When I made the switch to a healthy lifestyle I threw out all margarines, and "fat free" type foods, and switched to small amounts of real food. At this time though my cholesterol is still going down and I'm getting healthier. If I find that they are really bad for me I won't eat them anymore, but so far I haven't found that to be the case for me. I hope your visit goes well, and you've done amazing with your weight loss! I hope to join you in the 170s soon.
My bad cholesterol was only high by 3 points. My good needed to be upped at least by 2, but this was before I was really serious about getting back to weight goal. I can eat oatmeal because I have a similar reaction that I have to wheat. I use a heart healthy butter and cook with olive oil, hardly eat butter, only on baked potatoes. I do not do fat free type foods either. I also eat way too much cheese, it is its own food group to me and I can't give it up. I have given up eggs though. Just not ready for even the thought of medication right now.

I'm not enjoying 2015 so far. This was supposed to be a year that I really focus on debt, but it just keeps piling up. Hopefully by summertime I will have relief with that.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #69  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Just to clarify: Week 1 weigh in dated 1/19 counts the Monday-Sunday time period of 1/19 through 1/25, is that correct?
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #70  
Counting bites!

Atmos: yes, you've got it!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #71  
Counting bites!

So a week ago I picked up the Tracy Anderson Method for Beginners DVD at target. I finally did it today, starting with the level 1 intro. When I finished I was a bit teed off because at 265 pounds, I breezed through it without a sweat or even getting out of breath. I had no idea how this woman had so many fans with a workout like that!

Then I decided to do intro 2.

Omg.

Now I know why she has so many fans.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #72  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

So, Sunday was an extremely fun day but it was a very bad day eating-wise. I got drunk on homemade cranberry liqueur and ate 8 pieces of pizza on a dare. I've done pretty well today, though. Both eating-wise and activity wise. I' d love to
actually participate in the nnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,, conversation but my cat won't let me. nnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,..............
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 222/216.0/150

Height: 5'10

It looks like many of us are off to a great start! I haven't been a part of a weightloss forum before. It's great how much information there is and how so many of us are experiencing the same things and can provide great advice.

I weighed in at 216, so 6 lbs less than last week. I literally have no idea how that happened. I tried to drink more water and eat smaller portions. Definitely lots of water, but I do not care. It's a start, and it had to come off some time.

Also, I went to my first barre class today. As anticipated, most were teeny tiny women in lycra, but it wasn't judgmental and I could do some of the moves pretty well. I will say, I am already sore from an 8:30 am class. Scheduled tomorrow for 5 am before work. Definitely going to be super sore.

Anyways, good luck for this week, ladies!
aliesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #74  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey guys! So I weighed in yesterday and I was down a pound, huzzah!

Interview went ok, but I probably won't take it IF I get offered another interview. They seemed super intense about people starting a career, that they would invest time and money into the candidate and want people to stick around. It was super awkward because it was like I went in with a big sign that said "I'm leaving the country in 3 months" and they were trying to trip me up! I've made an overall life decision to just stick to temp work, it's less hassle and I won't have to feel guilty and lie my way through 3 months of work.

I told this to my best friend (she asked how it went) and she disagreed with me and said I should go back to working at the cinema I used to work at (which I do NOT want, it's a job I don't want to go back to!) if I'm desperate for money. I told her I'm actually not desperate for money, that I just want to enjoy life and I think I would be uncomfortable in a position where I would have to lie so I'm choosing the temp work route. She persisted in saying that I should go for the type of job she was suggested, so I said "ultimately I'm going to do what makes me happy so I'm going to go with the plan I've set for myself." She then got very snappy with me, said that "I see my opinion isn't wanted" so I said "in all honesty I wasn't really asking for advice, it's not bad advice per say but it's just not what I want." She then went on to say that I was basically being short with her prior, that she got the impression I was struggling with money and she was trying to be nice to me and I shouldn't treat my friends this way. What the eff! I looked back at the messages and saw the response where I said "I'm not desperate, this is what I want" and she still went on with her opinions about how I should live my life! So I said "lack of tone hasn't helped, sorry if I came across nastily but that wasn't my intention. I just want to get on with what I want to do." Her response and the last thing she's said to me was "Well get on with it then and I'll keep my opinions to myself."
I can't believe this is coming from her! She literally is my closest friend, I've known her for 16 years, I just can't believe she's being so immature. I know that she has an AWFUL stubborn streak, once she feels wronged then that's IT, there's nothing you can do to calm her down. So I told her that I'm not sure why she's so angry about this and that wasn't a nice thing to say to me when I'm trying to make things right. She's not seen the message, she's probably off fuming about me and reading my messages in a very negative light. I know I'm in the right here but I hate it when conflict appears and the other person disappears! I think it's so rude, just sit down, let's be adults here and sort this out!

In other news I heard back from the Japanese Consulate today, they said that the office in Japan contacted them and they sent the certificate on the 5th January so it's on its way. They said they should expect it by the end of next week. It's still overdue, but I'm happy it's not lost and it's indeed on its way here!

Tomorrow is vaccination day, I'm gonna have 2 very sore arms tomorrow!

--------

clay - Wow, 75%!! That's insane! That's awesome you have clothes at hand that fit you nicely now too. Sorry you're not liking your job at the moment, sounds tedious. It's like when people thing being a cop is all action when mostly it's just paper work. What video game are you working out to?

izzy - I've never heard of her actually, the big 2 I hear are Jillian Michaels and Shaun T.

Marnia - Haha, hello, kitty!

aliesq - The water and smaller portions will definitely be why you dropped an amazing 6 lbs this week! Great job! That's so awesome you weren't put off by doing a class with teeny tiny women, we all started somewhere!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #75  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Due to a death in the family I have been away from home and my diet for the better part of a week. I can't remember the last time I went to the gym. But I'm not sure I'm 100% ready to get back to routine.

I'm finally home at least and will be back to work tomorrow. Hooefully that will help me feel like a normal person again. Fridays weigh in will definitely be a surprise as I have no clue if I have gained or maintained or what.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote