Old 01-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #46  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Things are going pretty well here, I weighed in at 185.4 this morning so that was a good feeling! TOM should be coming though (unless I'm pregnant, still waiting to test in a couple days) so we will see if it shoots back up. This morning I was crazy exhausted. I need to go to work in a bit, and I really don't want to, I'm so tired! I went upstairs earlier to get the cat, and when I got back downstairs I had to lean on my knees for a second because I felt tired from walking up and down the stairs. ridiculous. At this point, it's either a nasty TOM, or I'm having pregnancy symptoms. I just don't know at this point! My husband talked to his boss yesterday, because they keep asking him if he is willing to relocate for a promotion. We talked about it, and yesterday he explained to his boss about what we've decided. He told his boss that we are trying to get pregnant, and that if we have to relocate we would like to move down toward the Atlanta area near his family. He explained we would move there, or stay here immediately. His boss was excited that we are trying (we really like him and respect him, he's a good guy) and he told franklin there is a plan (with a lot of moving parts) that involves his getting promoted here, but that he will look into the Atlanta option as well. So, now it's a waiting game, but at least he knows to look around Atlanta for options for us. I've just been feeling a little stressed because I have no idea what's going to happen. Hopefully we will get some more information soon!

Rie
That's exciting that you'll be able to be with your fiance soon! I know gathering the paperwork is a pain. I still haven't changed my name since I got married in 2012. My husband doesn't mind that I still have my maiden name, but I'm going to change it before we have kids because I want us all to have the same name! I just don't want to deal with the DMV, the social security office, changing my name with all insurances and everything... I will eventually I hope you get those documents from Japan soon! If you mean a pap smear, it's not comfortable, because they have to go in and take a small sample from you, it feels like a pinch from the inside, but not awful. I had my last one 2 years ago, mine came back fine. It's really important to check though, because of early detection of HPV (can turn into cervical cancer). I believe in the US now they only check every 2 or three years if you've had 2 clear pap smears in a row. I hope your knee feels better soon! my husband has problems with his knees too, but he managed to run a 26.2 in Atlanta a couple years ago!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! So I had my pap smear today, which we in the UK call a smear test so sorry for any confusion, which went fine. The nurse was really lovely and understanding, but whenever I get nervous I turn into a rambling, giggling bafoon so she probably thought it was hilarious! The worse part was sitting there with no pants on honestly. It didn't hurt at all and she was super quick. Glad I've had it done, fingers crossed the results are all ok. I also booked my appointment to get my vaccinations done on Wednesday, I'll have to get 2 done but once it's over I can finally book my medical in London and take a big step forward in my visa process!

---

itsmemaggi - The US is a huge country so moving from one end to the other is pretty much like moving to a different country in my eyes! I've loved living in England, Japan and I'm sure I'll enjoy America - but I really want to find somewhere to call home soon.

claygirl - My goodness, you are rocking this weight loss game!! That's right, you're trying for a baby, how exciting. Try and not let it bum you out if you do get your period, my friend said that his wife was a bit of a nightmare once a month when they were trying :S. Sometimes these things take a while. That's strange you felt so out of breath, you work out right? Maybe it is a symptom of something or you're just exhausted. Do you feel energized in the day usually? I'd suggest perhaps eating a little bit more food, perhaps 500 cals more, if it persists. Your calorie intake seemed a little low to me, but obviously everyone works differently. I know how you feel about plans being up in the air! My boyfriend and I still don't know where we'll end up living. Changing your name sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad I'll keep my name the same for a while longer after the whole visa process. Less hassle! That's good to hear that despite his knee problem he did a long race, makes me feel better. I just need to fuel my body with lots of protein!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #48  

Rie: I'm glad your doctors visit was good. Hopefully you get good results soon! Since adding in cardio and strength exercise and cutting out diet soda my weight loss has been much more consistent. I may need to eat more, on exercise days I eat back about half my calories that my fitness pal says I burned, putting me between 1400 to 1600 calories a day. This morning it wasn't so much that I felt out of breath, I just felt so tired! Ive been tired, dizzy, and nauseated for the last 5-6 days. I'm expecting TOM next Tuesday so that's when ill test for pregnancy. I just been feeling particularly awful! Getting up out of bed this morning was a struggle. Right now I just have a lot of symptoms of pregnancy, or a nasty TOM. I just want to know one way or the other. We will definitely be disappointed if Im not pregnant, but we just started trying so it would be kind of crazy if I was! I exercised for 45 minutes yesterday when I had some energy. I'm much more tired today though. Hopefully ill have answers soon.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Claygirl, that exhaustion sure sounds like pregnancy to me! I've read that you're trying, so I'm sending good thoughts your way. I have known several people who showed a significant weight loss right before finding out they were pregnant, so maybe...... Either way, that weight loss is a good thing.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Today I feel utterly horrible over my weight but I'm going to keep going. The important thing is to not cave on days like this, I know.

My old workout pants cut into my gut and squeeze my legs which made me feel awful about myself at the gym. But I walked for an hour, jogged part of it, and may make a second trip in tonight with my fiance to make up for the 2/3 days I missed.

I've been making more food at home so that I know what is in everything. I've even started using a calorie counting app. But I still worry I am going to fail, that something is wrong with me. And looming overhead all the while is my wedding and that white dress. >.<
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:35 PM   #51  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

I agree - my weight loss always seems to be really good, right before I get pregnant (I have three kids). Keep us posted!!
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #52  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Saw this and had to laugh at the salad comment...pretty much how i feel about salads! XD!

claygirl - Oooh, I bet reading peoples comments are making you feel pretty anxious to get a pregnancy test going! Try and not get your hopes up, but you never know...I know it's early days yet but have you thought about whether you'd like a boy or a girl? Obviously it doesn't matter, but I know most people have a preference (never heard a man say he'd want a girl!)

DoomKitty - I hear ya, I have moments like that too. But definitely don't get discouraged! In relation to this challenge, it's just about to begin, so any weight you enter as a starting weight you will move far away from as the weeks go on. What's your workout routine and your food plan? My advice would be to not pressure yourself so much to lose weight, just find an enjoyment in exercise and feel satisfaction in fueling your body with the right food and the weight loss will be a result of both. You have people on the board to listen and support you too, every step of the way! It's why I do these challenges

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-16-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 255/240/125

Height: 5' 2

Hi guys! I'd love to join you all if that's okay.

I'm starting at 240 lbs.
sugarfix. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:44 PM   #54  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I'm joining, too. My goal is to lose the weight I gained after my dad died. I hope I can stick with the challenge this time. The last time I joined a challenge was when I gained back weight after my brother died. I got too obsessed with my weight loss so I could avoid my grief and it was wrong. I hope I won't do that this time. I am using other distractions and hopefully that will help.

Anyway, my plan is to stay at ~1300 calories a day and to hopefully do a workout video 2-3 times a week. I get all Type A when I'm trying to lose weight and I want to control it a bit this time around. I'm also going to try to limit the utter junk I keep eating (cheetos and chocolate).
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #55  

Hey guys! Well, I couldn't wait so I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. Sad day. It's still early though so it could be a false negative, but there's about a 30% chance of that. But, it's not a bad thing because I'll just have at least one more month to get healthier. I'm officially in my 14s now which is nice! My husband and I are going out tonight with his parents for my husband's birthday dinner, so we should have a nice time. I've been running around the house all day cleaning! I hate it when people see my house messy... It's looking pretty good now though. I'm still so tired, nauseated, dizzy, and just general indigestion too. Now I just want to feel better. I'm going to try to workout tomorrow, I haven't the last two days though unfortunately. As far as what we would want... boy or girl would be wonderful, but a girl first would be really exciting for the family, because my husbands side of the family had all boys my husband's generation. They are just dying for a little girl, and I would love to have a little girl first too. My husband and I have already picked baby names too. For a girl we love Penelope (Penny) for short, also Ella and Claire. For a boy, we love William (Liam for short) and that would be great because William is a family name too (my husband and his father named William). We also love James for a boy. Sometimes it still takes me by surprise that my husband and I are now trying to have a baby on purpose! It's just a big change in the way we see the world and our future, but it's very exciting!

I was cracking up the other day at work because one of the babies I work with was sitting with her mom while we were talking paperwork. Mom was giving her little snacks in her hand, and she kept giving them to the dog (Coco) sitting sweetly next to her. Then Mom put the snacks directly in her mouth, and the little girl kept taking the snacks out of her own mouth and giving them to the dog. Mom and I were just laughing watching her. So adorable!

That's pretty much all that's going on here! I'm glad we are starting up officially soon, doing these challenges always motivates me to stay on track and accountable
Old 01-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #56  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Crossing my fingers for you, claygirl. It will happen when it's supposed to. Maybe it's just a tad bit to early, try to wait til the day after a missed period.

I hope my weight drops in the next few days. Holding strong at 179.9
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

so im going to start at 131 i leave for disney 3/1 and i want to land in orlando at 120.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Rie, my plan is to not overdo it and count calories with an app I downloaded. Walking for an hour on days I don't want to do much else is enjoyable because I read and typically towards the end, I jog anyways. Sometimes it leads into more exercise if it gets me feeling energetic.

I'm also going to buy a new piece of workout clothing each pay period because I don't have much. Tonight I got a pair of $40 pants on sale for $20 so I'm excited to take them for a spin. ^.^ I think if I see my workout wardrobe growing, I'll feel more like "that girl, you know that girl, the gym girl!" lol

EDIT: So is the first day the 19th or is that the day we have to weigh in by?

Last edited by Doomkitty; 01-17-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #59  

Well, we had a nice birthday dinner with my husband's parents the other day. It definitely wasn't on plan but that's okay. Weight jumped up to the 187s today, but I was expecting that with the off plan meal + dessert, and TOM on its way mon/tues. Hopefully by next weeks weigh in my weight will be back down where it was. I'm in this limbo place now where I almost fit well into my older smaller clothes, and most of the clothes I had been wearing the past year look ridiculous and very baggy on me. Not a bad thing at all, but I need to sort out my closet for sure. I never wear clothes from the closet because they're either too big or too small! I may need to try everything on and sort through the mess tomorrow. Overall things are pretty good here. I'm feeling okay about the negative pregnancy result, but I'm thinking the symptoms I've been feeling may have something to do with my vitamin D levels going funky again. They were really low a while back and I felt horrible, barely able to function. I'm being more careful about my supplements now and I'll start walking outside again too. Hopefully that will help!

I worked out for 45 minutes today, trying to make up for messing up yesterday! I'm back on track though. I'm feeling a bit sad, but I think hormones because of TOM are the culprit. I'm a bit disappointed about the negative pregnancy test, but I'm trying not to be, I know that there's only about a 30% chance each cycle, and we haven't been trying long. I guess it's just that I was feeling so bad, I was hoping there was a good reason! I'll just continue to be more careful with my vitamin D and keep being healthy.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #60  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! This weekend I've been laaaazy as eff, I need to snap out of this hibernation/not doing anything mode because life needs to begin and I need to get to work! I think this week will kick start me into action whether I like it or not though, so that's good. Tomorrow I have an interview for a job as a finance assistant. This time I've not told many people i.e. I've not told my parents and I feel so much better for it. My parents, especially my Dad, tend to treat me really differently when they know I've got an interview. They're really sweet and offer me "good luck" but I can feel the shift of anticipation since they clearly want me to get a job. So without that I've felt a lot more relaxed about it. I hope I get it, because having a job for the next 4 months would be great for my savings, obviously not looking forward to leaving early but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut and pretend I'll be living here forever!

On Tuesday I have to go to the job centre so that gets me up and moving, then on Wednesday I have to get 2 vaccinations done and then I can finally book my medical that I need to get for my visa. After the medical is booked and complete the last piece of the puzzle is literally that darn police certificate from Japan which I'll be emailing the consulate about tomorrow (again...they're probably going to start hating me!)

clay - I can see why you'd get excited and buy a pregnancy test, but I think the best indicator is missing a period, yes? Because you're right, it might be too early for it to detect. Those are lovely names. Definitely have a good sort out of your wardrobe! I love going through my things and having a good clear out, maybe I'm just weird like that! Hope that your supplements fix your problem with feeling crappy. As for feeling sad, there's nothing wrong with feeling bummed out, but try your best to crack on and keep going on the same trajectory you are now. You've been awesome at getting healthy and losing weight, so the longer you can keep that up the better it'll be for you for when you finally do get pregnant.

Doom - You weigh in every week Monday - Friday. The dates on the spreadsheet indicate the beginning of each week.