Old 02-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #181  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Not much is new with me. I just had 3 days off since I didn't get a log in for the computer at work. I was supposed to work 1 of those 3 days so it wasn't too bad. Back to work tomorrow though, not looking forward to seeing all the emails I've missed since I've been gone. I was just starting to feel on top of it all!

My eating/exercise habits have been terrible in these 3 days. I seem to have these weird hibernation periods where I don't want to do anything...it's terrible. I know how bad it is, just can't seem to get up and get energised. I know I should just force myself, fake it to make it and all that, but I find it so incredibly difficult.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? I'm not too fussed about it, my boyfriend set up a "pizza party" for us (via Skype!) but I said to him I really wasn't bothered so if he wanted to make other plans then go ahead. Then he said "but I want an excuse to eat pizza" . So that's what I'll be doing!

Next week I'm working full time, should be a shock to the system since I haven't done it for literally A YEAR. Wow. It was exactly 1 year ago that I was finishing my last month as an English teacher in Japan - feels like yesterday.

---------------------------------

clay - Feeling bloated is the worse. I'm sure with some constant water drinkage you'll be back to normal soon! Just some TMI for you, when I was getting over the stomach bug I let out this massive fart that went on for like 3 seconds and I swear my stomach shrank!! It wasn't like a gross one either, it was just a huge release of air! So satisfying. Did you ever figure out what happened with the meeting? You don't suppose his bosses are deliberately screwing up to make him stay do you??

noname - Haha, it's not a job interview!! It's for my visa. They call it an interview because they collect your documents and ask you some questions. Woohoo on the blouse tuckage! I know what you mean, I love that look too! I like high waist jeans/skirts with a top tucked in, but my boobs are so huge it would just look showy off in my case.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #182  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys!

This week and the next week we celebrate the Apokries in Greece. These are customs that really come from festivals in honor of Dionysus but a Greek Orthodox spin has been added to them. So, there's eating and drinking and dancing and general debauchery here. Also, the Carnival. And people eat a lot of meat because they're about to go vegetarian and then vegan until Easter. Although, only very religious people do that nowadays, the rest just eat meat because they can. And then there are different customs in every town and village. Just festivities all around, it's a lot of fun!

Today in particular, was Tsiknopempti, which could be translated into Burned Meat Thursday. That's because the women used to go out and celebrate and the men would stay at home and burn the food for they didn't know how to cook. Also, Thursday is between two fasting days (fasting in Greek Orthodox Church means going vegan) and so to celebrate all that burned meat, people ate all the meat. That's what we still do. There are barbecues everywhere and the air smells like cold and meat and it's awesome.

So, there you have it. I know all about American and British holidays and now you've been forced to learn about Greek ones, too. I'm writing this to say that I ate meat, french fries and salad and tzatziki and I drank tsipouro and then went to a costume party and I drank more tsipouro (without anise because it tastes like dentist) and I ate weird Cheetos-like things that taste like peanut and hazelnut and smell like nutella and also Mars and Bounty. Some *******s trashed the place because they think they're still 18 years old and I helped clean up and my friend gave them to me to thank me and I was too drunk to not eat them. But it's ok because I ate too little yesterday in preparation and I've done way better than I thought I would have this week. I might still lose weight tomorrow, fingers crossed. I'm not too drunk now, I'm tipsy and I'm about to get a headache. I can't handle tsipouro but it's all I drink lately!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #183  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Today is an exciting day! I hit my first low weight in over a month! And, as much as I don't like to subscribe myself to BMI, I am NO LONGER OBESE as of today! While I don't let BMI dictate my health, this is a huge deal to me. I was turned down for life insurance over a year and a half ago because I was obese. And last year, I was approved but only after having to complete a very embarrassing form (about how I've lost weight and kept it off, how healthy I am, etc.). The thought of not having to go through that again is such a relief.

Also, my first loss of the challenge. I finally feel back on track. I'm working out a lot more, I think because I'm really, really enjoying Couch to 5K. I haven't had any trouble sticking to my diet the last few weeks. The only real challenge will be limiting the drinks this weekend, but if I can keep that up I think it will help keep things moving.

Otherwise, life is going relatively smoothly. Work has been busy and I have three big deadlines today, so once I get that out of the way I will be very happy for the weekend. We aren't doing too much to celebrate VDay since our 4 year anniversary is in a couple weeks, but we will get takeout and I'm making chocolate covered strawberries. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

---

Ries - Oh that makes more sense! Well then good luck with that, though I'm sure that's much less pressure than a job interview? But maybe not Glad someone understands the shirt tucked in thing haha I was looking at high waisted swim suits. I'll have to try some on and see if I like it, but they tend to not be very flattering for the behind.

Marniadec - Wow, that sounds like quite a celebration. Don't have too much fun The burned meat tradition made me laugh!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:48 PM   #184  
Maria

Claygirl Narcissists never get diagnosed, do they? My mom sent me to a therapist when I was 16 because we were getting along awfully. I also had Hashimoto's already and I was showing symptoms. The therapist said something about her being a Narcissist and she told me to get out fast because she'd drive me crazy. My mom came to the next session to help the therapist realize that she wasn't to blame at all. When it didn't happen, she stormed out of there and never paid her. Hope the bug is gone by now! It seems to be going around in the thread, doesn't it?

missm1 That's a great loss!

Rie I hope you enjoyed your pizza party on Valentine's day!

noname They can turn you down for life insurance based on your BMI? o.O What if you're a pound away from being considered overweight? You lose that one pound and suddenly you're all healthy and a good risk? Sounds stupid. I'm glad you won't have to go through that again... Congrats on the low weight!

I thought I'd still be very bloated today but I remembered some advice I'd read in a forum: a woman had said that her endocrinologist had told her to drink Pedialyte if she was too bloated (Hashimoto's symptom). I happened to have some sackets of electrolytes on hand because I rescued a starved, dehydrated kitten in December and I'd gotten them for her. To my surprise, the water gain is all gone, so I guess it worked? I'll try it again, as it can't hurt.

I tried hard to do well yesterday. I wasn't going to celebrate Valentine's day anyway, I just bought some flowers for my mom. They were in a nice vase that looked like a wine glass and it had pretty stones in it, too. The formerly very starved, very dehydrated kitten who is now a little monster spent an hour trying to steal them. She even managed to keep one rose. It was too funny!

Today I won't do well, though. Yesterday was one of the Saturdays our religion devotes to the dead. We go to the cemetery and among other things, we hand out dessert-type stuff in memory of our dead relatives. The other mourners take them and offer a little prayer. I handed out cookies and got too many things in return, even though we went early so not many people would be there. It may sound silly but I can't bring myself to not eat them.

I'm also going to dinner and another costume party tonight. It's the little Carnival today! I'm dressing up as Daria and my best friend will be Jane. Nobody will recognize our costumes but we just finished watching the show together. I'll completely go off the rails!!!

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

Last edited by Marniadec; 02-14-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone,

I'm back after some time away. January was a busy month for me as I moved from Los Angeles (I miss you!) to Santa Fe, NM for college along with stressful work deadlines. But I managed to maintain my weight around 145 and in the last couple weeks I've been eating much better, doing parkour, soccer and running and today I finally saw 142! That was the weight I was at 4 years ago when I first moved to LA so it's special to me. Now I just have 5 more pounds to get to 137 which is the lowest weight I've been at as an adult and I'm feeling confident I can get there. My work deadlines are finally gone so now my full focus can be on college and losing weight and I'm excited to train hard as I'm still trying to train to try to eventually apply for American Ninja Warrior. Has anyone seen the movie Edge of Tomorrow? I'm dying to get arms like Rita's!

Hope everyone is doing well with the challenge! I'm going back to LA for Spring Break the last two weeks of March so I'm hoping I can surprise all my friends when I get there. College is a lot of work and very intense so I'm sure I'll enjoy the break when I get there
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #186  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So on Friday the work load was pretty intense. Not one email since Monday had been read/dealt with in my forced absence. It took me all 7.5 hours to go through the emails, some of them were requesting urgent bookings too. I still find it ridiculous they have a human process referrals...just create a computer program and no one will have to wait!! Tomorrow I start working full time, which will be good in a way since I will be able to get on top of all the referrals that need to be booked/dealt with.

Today my Mum entered us into a 10K race in 5 weeks time. I haven't ran a 10K since 2013, I wanted to do one last year but never did which was disappointing really but I think I'll make up for it this year. Unfortunately the prize is a t-shirt and not a beloved medal! I love medals...I wish every race gave them out! It's a trail run too so it'll be super scenic but it will also be hilly and MUDDY. They call it "beauty and the beast"; the beast part being the mud. I hope I don't trip! So training starts IMMEDIATELY! I have to find a way to fit in training with work, which will be hard, but I'm determined.

This weekend I'm at my friends house all the way down south. I'll be travelling after work on Friday for 4 hours so I'm going to be knackered. But I get to spend 3 days with her and her boyfriend who I'm close friends with. I'm looking forward to hanging out with her, I only met her 2 years ago but she's become one of my closest friends . Plus she lives somewhere really scenic so I look forward to her showing me around.

--------------------

Marnia - I loved reading about your holidays! Please tell me more about Greek life . Do you have pictures of the place where you live? I've been to quite a few Greek islands growing up, one of my favourites was Skiathos. I also enjoyed Zante too. We went to this amazing restaurant on Zante and we pretty much ate there every night since the food was so good and the waiters were super friendly. We ended up getting a picture of all the waiters with me and my sister. We were quite young at the time though, I just remember it feeling like a second home even though it was only 2 weeks.
That's so sweet that you rescued a kitten! I'm sure it loves you very much which is why it's so cheeky .

noname - Oh wow! Congratulations on no longer being obese! I'm a bit of a slave to BMI, I'm in no way obsessive but I base my mini goals on whether or not I've hit a new class. I'm 10 lbs away to being healthy . It's just a nice little incentive to break up the long journey to my goal weight.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #187  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Well, just got back from Atlanta. I did NOT do well food wise... we went to this really great restaurant in decatur called the "iberian pig", it's a tapas bar (classic spanish cuisine) it was amazing, we ate WAY too much and had a lovely time with my husband's family. We also met with two regional managers while we were there for my husband's work. We met with L (manager) and IR (HR manager). They asked what we were looking for, and what our timeline for moving was. We explained what we are looking for and that we are looking to relocate soon, we could come down as soon as possible (at least a month or more). The HR manager was very encouraging, said they had an opening and would love to have us with them. They also would not take my husband off the promotable list, so he wouldn't have to be re-evalutated for promotion which is great news. We heard from the HR manager again the next day. She said she talked to my husband's current area manager and he said he needed DH for 6 more weeks. She said she'd take him in a week if they could, but saw no reason why they wouldn't have a place for him in 6 weeks. So... now we are about 75% sure we are moving in 6 weeks. We haven't heard anything else since the call on Friday. We are just waiting for the official word now from franklin's boss and from the HR manager. We started purging the house of extra junk we don't need today... so much to do, a bit overwhelming for sure! We are both very excited though, we were both thinking that if we got a chance to talk to the people in atlanta things would move pretty fast. We also told DH's family (parents, uncle and brother) that we are moving down their way, and they were absolutely thrilled. It was really fun for us to see their reactions. We talked about it, and decided I should probably go ahead and put in my two weeks notice at work (no problem there!) so I can get the house ready and go down to the atlanta area to find a new place for us. So... we are definitely scared and stressed thinking about the next few months, but also excited! Change can be scary! But I really think it's right for us. Hopefully we will get details from the higher ups soon so we can really start planning!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #188  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

soo much has happened with everyone since I last posted!

nonameslob:
I do c25k, as well, and I really like it. are yo u going to be running an official 5k? My SO and I are doing a little 5k in May, and while he used to be run track in HS, he hasn't ran in years. I think it's pretty helpful. I have a free version, I just wish it included GPS on it. My 5k time last year was at 27 min, so I'm hoping to get under that for the May race. yay on the BMI change! I also am not a big follower on basing health on this chart, but hitting the threshold from obese to overweight, and then overweight to normal were huge for me mentally.

Yajaira: Welcome! what part of Mexico will you be visiting? Sounds exciting!

Marniadec:
thanks ! When I was bigger, I was always too self conscious to wear skirts. I wore jeans everyday--even in 90 degree summer days here in Los Angeles. Now, all I really own is skirts and dresses--short skirts and dresses lol. I went so long without wearing it, but I feel so cute in them so I am taking advantage of finally feeling confident in them. I do have loose skin on the tops of my inner thighs (higher than my short skirts will show), and my tummy. After losing 160 pounds, it's not as much loose skin as I've seen on other people (it doesn't bother me when I workout, it's not really visible unless I'm wearing like Lycra), but, I feel like it would make me more confident in myself if I had it done.
how was the costume party??

Riestrella:
YAY!!!! 160s can suck it! Great job
sorry you weren't able to get anything done at work and then they seem to have piled it up on you. I used to work in an office a few years ago, and while I always wanted tasks and what not, my supervisors didn't seem to care when we didn't have things to do. It was a bit frustrating, cause like you, I don't like to just sit around and also I kept thinking I would be let go because they didn't. how was your pizza skype date? my bf and I went just randomly searched for taco trucks in our area. this will be our "2nd annual V-day Taco Run" and we chanted "tacotime" over and over when we spotted taco places. We are a little weird, lol.

10k sounds awesome! When I ran the 5k last year, I didn't get a medal, just a tshirt. This 5k that I'm doing in May is a medal plus a beer, so I'm excited for it.

Claygirl1518:
this relocation business is kind of all over the place for you, but hopefully it'll be over soon . but, that's exciting that 6 weeks you could be in the ATL! my fiance is from that area (not atlanta, but a smaller town about 20 minutes away), and it seems like a cool city the few times I've visited.

Zucena:
nice job on seeing 142 again. 135-137 is the lowest I've been as an adult as well, so I'm hoping to see that again soon (139 as of this morning!). American Ninja Warrior is awesome! I saw a girl who did the obstacle course quickly--she was such bada$$! Emily Blunt was in Edge of tomorrow, she definitely seemed fitter/more muscled up. I live in LA and I've visited NM. very different! but a change of pace (esp college)can be exciting

__________________________________________________ ________

My week has been going good. I am at 139!!!! woot woot!! 135 (my lowest weight, and my real goal) is sooooo within reach. For V-day, the fiance and I did a taco run (Los Angeles always has taco trucks everywhere). We had a lot of fun, but 5 street tacos (5 different trucks), and I was done for the night.
I signed up for health care today. I have a thryoid issue (lump) that I've been holding off on and I know I need to get it checked again. So, I feel like I'm being a little more productive about my well being.

Happy Sunday everyone!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #189  
Call me NNS!

Marniadec - I was still able to get life insurance but not at the amount I wanted. I suppose since it's elective, they can do whatever they want. It sucks! I really love hearing about all your traditions and celebrations. Hope you had fun dressing as Daria! Love that show.

Ries - Wow that 10K sounds fun! It will be hard with working full time but once you get yourself into a routine I bet it will be easy than you think.

Claygirl - Six weeks?!?! Ahh! You must be freaking out! I hope everything works out for sure, sounds like it's still not definite? That's great you're able to put your two weeks at work and spend the rest of the month getting ready. Moving sucks! We're moving to Colorado in July and we've been slowing getting rid of everything, but I get stressed out thinking about the actual move. Very exciting for you and your family, though

kisskiss - I made a bet last year at my work's 5K that I would run it, so the plan is to run this year's which is May 2nd. I may also do one in April as a "trial" and there's another one in June my friend wants to do. Speaking of, I should really register for the one so that I can set it in stone and make it real. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got excited about the change in BMI. You are soooo close to your goal! I hope you're able to get your thyroid taken care of. That must be scary, but at least a bit less so since you have health care, right? Good luck and keep us posted.

---

My weekend was pretty good, the bf and I spent a lot of time together but didn't do anything super special. I have no idea how I did with my weight because it was too cold to strip down and step on the scale this morning LOL We went on a long walk Saturday but the arch of my foot hurt all day yesterday. Hopefully it works itself out because I plan on going to the gym tonight. I enjoyed some drinks Friday and Saturday but didn't drink yesterday, so I'll call that a win.

I will be really happy when winter is over. This cold weather just makes me want to eat lots of comfort food. It's so much easier to lose weight in the summer... Soon enough!

Last edited by nonameslob; 02-16-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:08 PM   #190  
Maria

No time for personals today, sorry, I'll be back tomorrow. I just have to confess that the party was way too much fun. I had lots of shots and I got really drunk, which I never do. In my drunkenness, I apparently decided to become an extreme couponer, which you can't do in Greece. I looked up what was on offer and I spent half an hour waiting for a grocery store to open because they had a buy one get one free on nachos, dips and individual chocolate cake things. Once the store opened, I got 2 huge bags of nachos, the dip that's basically nacho cheese and salsa and two cake thingies. I bought them, gave one of each to a friend and then sat down on the floor and cried because I immediately regretted my decision. She gave them back, I went home and woke up 4 hours later holding them close to my chest. I'm PMSing and I have no willpower, so I know I'll eat them. Sigh.

And now, I'll vent: today was my mom's birthday and I ordered her cake five days ago. I thought that my mom wouldn't want to leave the house today, so I arranged to pick it up and bring it home. As it turned out, my mom wanted to have coffee and then go to a restaurant. I had to ditch her and go get the cake but it wasn't ready. I asked them to deliver it at the restaurant. I met my mom, we ate, she asked for the check and the poor waiter had to way take too long with the check and get a scolding from my mom because the bakery hadn't delivered the cake yet. When it finally arrived, it was banana-chocolate instead of caramel-vanilla, which was what I'd ordered.

They basically took a finished cake they were meant to just sell at the bakery, spread some white frosting on one end (there was no frosting on the cake, so it looked very out of place) and wrote Happy Birthday Mom on it. Because I'd told my mom that I forgot about her birthday, it looked like I really had forgotten and I just got her a cake when I left. Not only that, but their banana pastry is my favorite and my mom doesn't really like it, so it looked like I really got her cake for me. Which is something only she would do. I was livid and I'm still not over it.

Also, I asked our waiter if he wanted cake and he basically grabbed all of it and left. The cake was delicious and I got embarrassed and didn't ask for it back and I'm not pleased about that, either. I later met him and another waiter on the street and they told me about how much they enjoyed my cake and I felt like crying.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:44 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Riestrella I know what you mean, I always get super frustrated when there's a lot of manual work that could be done so much easier with a computer program! It's especially difficult since I've been doing computer programming for the last couple years. Good luck with the 10k training! That's super disappointing about the lack of a medal; I'm always looking at my medal I got from when I ran a marathon a few years back and there's nothing quite like seeing it and being reminded of your accomplishment.

Claygirl1518 It's always hard to do well with food when you're traveling and eating out. But that's great news about moving to Atlanta! Moving is definitely tough but it does give you a good opportunity to clear our stuff you don't need. Hope it goes well for you!

kisskiss Thanks! 139 sounds great to me right now (congrats on getting there!) but I'm sure you'll get to 135 in no time. Are you talking about Kacy Catanzaro? She actually inspired me to start training and I got a chance to meet/train with her 4 months ago and she was SUPER nice and encouraging. Yeah, Santa Fe is pretty different from LA but at the same time it's similar enough for me (mountains, desert, decent weather, spanish influences) for me not to miss LA quite as much as I was afraid of. Or maybe I'm just too busy with college to complain too much lol. I do remember all those LA taco trucks

nonameslob Hope your foot feels better! My upper leg is extra sore and I'm really hoping it clears up soon as it's so frustrating not to be able to do the exercise I want to do. I am right there with you with wanting winter to be over. It's not even that bad here but I miss the warm weather, it really does make it so much easier to lose weight.

Marniadec Well at least you have a fun drinking story right? I try to tell myself that when I get really hungover the next day and regret everything. I've done the buy crappy stuff thing and I just try to throw it out (put gross stuff on it, w/e) in the soonest moment of self-discipline. Sorry to hear about the cake It sucks but the important thing is being there with your mom. Maybe you can do something extra special for her to make up for it? Hope things get better!

-------------------------

So far I am keeping on track! Yesterday I played pick up soccer for an hour and a half and it was a lot of fun; I even scored two goals. Today I kept it super nutritious eating my go to meal: lettuce/greens, tomatoes, beans, chicken, guacamole and a little bit of cheese along with eating mostly veggies, fruit and lean protein at my college's dining hall. It can be tough in there because there's so much unhealthy food but so far I've been good about trying to get mostly healthy food and ignoring everything else (except occasional tiny bites). I also did some strength training and running today at the gym and it was a pretty great workout. I can finally see the 130's and I'm determined to get there soon
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #192  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone,

Sorry there haven't been charts this week, I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this week. I've just gotten a nasty cold (complete with head fuzziness and feeling drained) so when I get home I like to just go straight to bed. I'm supposed to be going away this weekend to visit a friend, I will still go, but don't want to be too sick!

10K training has started, did a T25 leg workout on Tuesday and my legs are feeling it today 2 days on. I should be doing lots of walking this weekend, not quite the same intense training I would like but it'll be something! If I don't feel crappy when I get home I'll do another T25, but I doubt it. I have to get the bus home which takes an hour and cook dinner for my parents too. We'll see.

Work has been slow again. I've literally conquered a mountain of work and because I don't have access to one shared drive yet I have to wait to finish off the rest of the pile of things to do. Once that's over...well...I really will have a slow, boring job! I'm typing this from work, something I wouldn't even dream of until now, because I would usually be so busy. Glad to be getting paid but still! Would like something to do!

---------------
kisskiss - Not weird at all, I would join you right in the tacotime chant!! Sounds lovely. Pizza was good, but I ate it way too fast...whoops! Not good for me since I'm trying to live by the "slow down when eating" motto. I hope you get some new answers about your thyroid! And huge CONGRATS! on 139 lbs, that's so epic!! So close!

noname - I know how you feel, I just hate running in the cold! Roll on Spring and some nice pleasant runs! Do you have arch support in your shoes? I need them when running/walking long distances or I get sore arches too.

Marnia - *bighug* It sounds like you have a pretty intense emotional attachment to food. The way you described feeling sad about the cake and the purchasing of the nachos...it's a bit worrying. Have you tackled these issues with food before?

Zucena - Wow, you sound like you're doing awesome!! Keep it up! =D
Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #193  
Call me NNS!

Hi ladies! Gosh it is COLD today!!!!!! But this week is going really well even through the record cold (and a snow day on Tuesday). I made a pot of soup Tuesday and a different pot of soup yesterday so I am all stocked up on homemade healthy comfort food, instead of reaching for pasta and cheese.

I finished my second week of Couch to 5K! I am still really enjoying it, but of course, I haven't run for more than a minute and a half at a time haha So far it's been easy, but I know it's going to get more difficult. I'm just glad I'm having fun. I've already been to the gym three times this week, two times for C25K training, and one day of cross and strength training. It's been so boring at home in the cold darkness so I've looked forward to getting to the gym. I also registered for a 5K on May 2nd!

This weekend is going to be really busy, but I'm kind of looking forward to that. My last few weekends have been lazy. I have a work event on Friday night, my best friend's husband's surprise 30th on Saturday, and dinner with friends on Sunday!

Marniadec - I hope your week has gotten better I certainly would have been in tears after the day you had. I hope your mother understood your intentions.

Zucena - Wow, I'm impressed with your meals at the dining hall! I know from personal experience how difficult it is to stay on track, so I am super proud of you. I was so happy when I got an apartment near campus and could cook for myself, but there was still always temptation. Pick up soccer sounds great! Was it outside? Do you live somewhere warm? Can I come visit?

Ries - No worries about the charts. You are busy! Take care of yourself and feel better soon. I can't imagine doing an intense workout with a cold, just listen to your body.

My feet are feeling better, thanks. Actually arch supports I've learned are a BAD idea for me since I have flat arches! (Who knew? I sure didn't until a few weeks ago lol). I think the boots I was wearing this weekend just don't fit me well. My new running shoes, however, are very comfortable. I do have a little pain in my feet and legs while running but that usually goes away after the first half of the workout, which I've heard is pretty normal. After that I feel like I'm sailing!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #194  
Maria

kisskiss Do you know what your fat percentage is? Most of what we consider loose skin is actually fat. That's why you look so good. I used to watch documentaries about people who had bariatric surgery and I thought I'd end up like that and the thought was terrifying. I did look like that at some point but it got much better as I lost, did you notice that? My problem areas are also the tops of my inner thighs and my lower stomach. It looks kinda wrinkly there and I still have some overhang.

It would definitely make you more confident. I'm terrified of having surgery, too, but I've started saving for it. If you put in all that work to lose the weight, you want to get as good a result as possible. I'm planning to get at ~17% fat before I get surgery, though, so I'll need less work done. That was the advice a friend got when she went to get a consultation. She had the surgery right away to get it over with, which I completely understand, but I want to make it as easy as possible.

Zucena I just watched American Ninja Warrior in a video that's been posted all over the Greek media lately. It looks so awesome and fun! Good job on the weight loss.

I no longer like fun drinking stories. I always end up crying on the floor over ridiculous things. I've cried over the window being closed, over the bathroom being occupied, over a friend walking faster than I do, etc. It's always so dramatic, too. "I can't write right now, so after I'm dead, I want you to let show everyone the tears I spilled and tell them that Vaso is to blame. Why would you feed the dog when I was playing with her? WHY??? I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!!!1 " It's not pretty...

Rie I don't have an emotional attachment to food, unless I'm drunk or I'm PMSing. I was both when that guy stole my cake but even if I wasn't, I did not intend to spend more money than I make in a week on a complete stranger and I don't like that I had to.

I hope you're feeling better! Being at work and having nothing to do sucks. The ours don't go by when you're just sitting around. At least you have internet access, right?

Noname Thanks! I really hope she believed me. We haven't celebrated anything since my brother died and her birthday is right after my dad's, so it wasn't an easy day. I really wanted it to be perfect but what are you gonna do?

I have the exact opposite problem with my feet. My arches are too high and I didn't even know that such a thing existed until recently. The right shoes can make a huge difference for your feet, your knees, your legs in general. Do some research, especially since you're doing C25K!

So, things haven't been good this week. I was supposed to have gotten my period on Tuesday but I haven't yet. That's 21 days of PMS. I took this week off because I can't even handle the hunger anymore. It's not even cravings, it's just HUNGER and pain. Damn stress...

I also have to deal with the as*hole whose storage unit is under my apartment in Salonika again. We have a clogging issue, anyway, in the building and it gets worse every winter. We've known it for years. Everyone has unclogged his pipes except for him, who's the only one who gets moisture damage. He just calls me and the guy who owns the apartment next door every day and demands that we replace our pipes. I've replaced mine, though and I also got everything unclogged again this year. There's nothing else I can do. My apartment is rented but the renter hasn't been there since before his problem appeared, so I don't know how I might be causing him problems in the first place.

He's an arrogant, condescending, misogynistic piece of sh*t, too and it's so difficult to be polite to him. To give you an idea, the first thing he ever said to me was: "what is it, honey? You threw a sanitary pad down the toilet and you're trying to blame it on me?". I told him that I use tampons and offered to give him one because he could definitely use it and we haven't gotten along since. Today, he called my mom and made her cry because, apparently, he doesn't appreciate my sarcasm. That was the final straw. I told him to go to a lawyer and figure out what to do next. I he expect paperwork signed by a plumber, an engineer and an employee from the corresponding ministry, proving the problem is mine. My renter goes back next week and if he's done anything to my plumbing like he's threatening to, I'm going to have to press charges.

Last edited by Marniadec; 02-21-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #195  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Zucena:
I had to google her name, but Yup, that's who I was thinking of. She was soooo awesome! That must have been cool to be able to train with her!! I gained a lot of my weight in college, so I think it's pretty great that you're eating healthy there. We had awesome meal plans at the college I went to for undergrad (great breakfasts, buffets, small hamburger spots, pizza restaurants) and I just didn't make great choices in college despite having loads of healthy options as well.... Good for you for keeping on track!

nonameslob:
woot woot on signing up for the 5k! Mine is also on May 2nd (in California) so we'll be running it together in a sense....I've also heard that arch supports are not so good for flat arches. I don't have flat arches, but my right foot tends to over-supinate? I've looked it up, and it's why I'm very careful about the shoes I get to run. My brother swears by those stores that give you a gait analysis and then tell you which shoes are best for you, but it's a little pricey.

Marniadec:
I've had the calipers done and that puts me at 20-22 depending on the day. I've had the scales from GNC types of places that give body fat, and it put me at 19% the one time I used it. I think I've got more body fat than that based on pictures I've seen and other forums (bodybuilding forums BB)....
The next thing I wanna do is the Bodpod, which I've heard is the one of the most accurate. But, it's $60 for a testing. I'm waiting a bit bf I try that, and just have my gym's trainer use calipers for now. I think some of it is fat, but some of it is loose skin. I'm hoping with more time and with more weights and lifting, it'll get better. But, I'm saving for that tummy tuck too. I definitely want to be the healthiest before I go under :/

Ugh, this guy sounds like a d!ck! Do you think he might actually do something to the pipes? are there cameras around just in case? to make your mom cry, that's crossing the line
__________________________________________________ ___________

No change for me, 139 is sticking to me. But, I'm okay with that. It'll come off. My cousins and I are doing the beach body ab challenge, and darn it's making me sweat, burpees are not my friend It is actually cold today in LA and supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm thinking I may actually just take a rest day and chill out this weekend. the week has been pretty hectic--We painted our office room and it took longer than we expected (doesn't it always?). But, it looks soooo good in here now! Plus, we painted two of the walls with idea paint (dryerase) and I'm excited to be able to write on the walls soon.

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-21-2015 at 01:52 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote