Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #46  

Hi! I overate yesterday too at a restaurant haha. But I tried to pick up some healthier groceries today. Tomorrow I'm thinking about joining a gym, and I also need to get some outdoor running shoes for the trails in my city. I'm feeling ambitious! Does anyone here use the Zombies, Run app? It sounds like fun!

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze; 09-16-2014 at 06:58 PM.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #47  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Bluedog Congrats on getting back in the work out groove! I've got no clue as far as rainy day workouts. Although I've found with littles sometimes you can start incorporating them into your work out. Bear crawls around the basement before bed or lunges to the bathroom for bath time. I have absolutely no experience with littles of my own, just tales from kid sitting in college.

Pyretta Healthy groceries are a great way to make up! It is wonderful to have those choices to rely on! I've really wanted to try that app buuuuuut spending money isn't exactly in my budget It looks super fun though!

I've been a part of a gym for over a year now. I am ashamed to say I haven't been in the door for almost 9 months. Man, that's really shameful. On the upside I have been doing more yoga than anything (although, I've slacked on that as well). My work schedule is so weird and I haven't figured out the right balance of spending time with my husband and working on myself.
I am currently on vacation so the walking is pretty much taking care of the exercise for the week. I have blisters on my feet and both my husband and I look like old people going to the bathroom (old people grunts/noises included).
My eating is a little off simply because we are on vacation. I'm trying not to get too carried away but pizza was on the menu for dinner tonight.
I feel like right now I'm having a lot of trouble finding a workout that produces results that I can actually see. I'm impatient and want to see my body change. I have mini breakdowns almost everyday and I think that really gets me down a lot. A lot the time I see how easy is for the women around me to lose weight and I just get so defeated. I get to the point it starts to affect my marriage. It hurts so much to hear people say "I just need to eat less". I eat about 1000 calories a day on a hefty day, I don't eat that much! Ok, I need to end this rant before I get into book zone. In conclusion I'm extremely down on myself. I'm trying so hard and I'm trying everyday. Where are my results?!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #48  
Houda

S/C/G: 75Kg/please see thicker/60Kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone! i'm new here
i couldnt resist adding you all to my buddy list my real name is Houda, i am 23yo from Morocco, i'm a medical student (6th year) and i hope we become good friends
starting weight: 75 kg
current weight: 72.5 kg
goal weight: around 60 kg
this time i really hope i can get rid of my extra kilos for sure, i made a choice to start eating more healthy and change my lifestyle

Last edited by fcoad2; 09-17-2014 at 03:35 PM.
fcoad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #49  

alyrh hope you're enjoying your vacation! great job on the yoga! How long have you been doing yoga? Have you seen a difference in your state of mind and mood from it? I've been interested in yoga for that aspect and of course the flexibility and other benefits. But I feel like for me, yoga would be a good way to connect with my body in a positive way. Do you get that feeling? I need to join a yoga class! I know what you mean about feeling impatient and wanting to see improvements in your body. While I have only started my weight loss/fitness journey recently, one thing I find motivating is when an activity starts to feel easier. Hopefully this will happen with my new jogging thing I want to start, haha. I did get the Zombies, Run app and now I just need running shoes, which might need to wait til next payday.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #50  

Hi Houda! Nice to have another buddy!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #51  
Houda

seems like i cant use PM! is there any other way i can contact u? (i couldnt find u guys on skype, if u would like to add me here is my ID taki_houda)

Last edited by fcoad2; 09-17-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:11 AM   #52  
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi everyone!

I'm looking to find a couple active buddies as well, I'm so over starting over, I need a place to make myself accountable, and I really hope I've found it! :/ I'm just at a loss, I'm tired of feeling this way, and I'm ready to see a change!
Lets go folks!
whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #53  
Houda

Welcome whollyhick! Let's make a change !
Old 09-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #54  
Hello!

Houda Welcome! Glad to have you!!

Whollyhick Welcome! You sound so motivated it is fantastic! You can do it!

Pyretta I have found when I keep up with my yoga I feel a bit more balanced and my mood is improved. I'm so impatient and I get down really easily.

I'm having a blast on vacation right now. I've got blisters on my feet but I don't really care lol. I'm still super down about myself and I just want to not be fat anymore. There are many emotions going around in my head. ugh
Old 09-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #55  
Houda

Thank u girls ^_^
Alyrh don't feel down anymore, fat or skinny u must know u r beautiful (i'm looking at ur pic and girl u r cute!) we r not defined by the number on the scale, we r doing our best to be healthy and WE WILL lose weight "slowly but surely" fighting!

Last edited by fcoad2; 09-18-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #56  

Hey whollyhick! I love your profile pic, haha! I'm a Pinkie Pie fan!

Alyrh, glad you're having a great vacation! We're here for you when you feel down!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm back from my sister's wedding! Which is why I sorta disappeared for a week. Didn't have internet access. Wedding was in a different state and all the bridesmaids were in a rental house along with my parents.

Hello to the new comers! I've added each of you to my buddy list. I am assuming you have to have 20 posts plus have been a member of the forum for 20 days to send PMs. I don't have access to them yet either. Also can't make a signature.

fcoad2 I added you as a friend on Skype.

alyrh thank you for your kind words, and sharing a bit about yourself. Sorry you caught a cold! Tis the season, unfortunately. I brought one home from the wedding with me, so now I'm guzzling airborne. Regarding not going to the gym, I definitely feel you there. Personally, I've found my insecurities prevent me from going if I try to get my exercise there. What does work for me is doing workouts at home, and then I figure when/if I get my confidence, I can do the fitness center the apartment complex offers. I have a subscription with daily burn (10$ a month). They'll ask you some questions about how active you are, your weight, and your fitness level, and then set you up with a 30 day work out plan. They also have a nutrition side for an extra 5$ a month, but I don't do that part. Definitely find something that makes you feel comfortable though, so it's easier to stick with it.

Good news: I didn't gain any weight while I was gone! In fact I lost around 2lbs, which puts me below 240 for the first time in years and years. Part of that is probably because I caught a cold (which surfaced itself mildly with sore through, congestion, and fever the day of the wedding), so I haven't really ate much of anything for the past two days.. I wouldn't be surprised to gain a little back when I start eating my full 36 (whoo, one less point!) points per day again. For today though, I'm super excited. That was my last vacation for a few years, so I'm glad to have made it through without a gain. I have a picture of boyfriend and I to post, if the forums will allow me, we shall see!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #58  
Houda

welcome back sunarie! great to hear u had fun and congrats for the lbs loss u r doing a great job girl and who's that cute couple in the pic ?
ps. thank u for adding me on skype, i'll contact u as soon as possible
Old 09-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #59  

Hey sunarie! Wow, that's such a nice dress, looking very cute together! Good job with the home workouts and for not gaining! I know I'd gain at a wedding haha, party time!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #60  
Hello!

Welcome back sun! You looks great! I love that purple dress! Your hair is super cute too! Congrats on the loss!

Thanks for all the kind words. I get really down really fast and umfortunely I'm just really stuck in this cycle. I tend to compare myself no matter what. I'm extremely pessimistic towards myself and am super sensitive about my weight and how I look. Finally back home and able to keep a good watch on my diet again. Although getting back to work is not my most favorite thing. This whole adult thing stinka sometimes lol.