Old 09-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #31  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sunarie ~ Thanks for telling me how Skype works.

Fos & Atarimae ~ Welcome to the thread and forum
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #32  
Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

Email works better for me than Skype, but until the PMs get going for me, you can find me on Skype under Fosteph.

alyrh and sunarie - I always work out before I eat, so whatever is going on in my day that changes my schedule, that's not going to be changed. I feel like it helps me make better food choices later too, since busting my butt makes me more conscious just how much work it takes to burn off whatever is tempting me after. I know some people don't have much energy without food in them, though, so maybe see what time feels right for your body?

Terra1984 - Thank you! I'm still trying to figure out navigating myself around. There's a lot going on all over the place.

Atarimae - I'm a fellow awkward turtle, so that works for me.

BlueDogWeed - If you can see the Forum Jump dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen, the Private Messages is near the top.
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #33  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

muguetNo worries! I'd forgotten I asked you lol. I've been using a site called doyogawithme. I dig it!

Atarimae awkward turtle over here too!

Fos I used to get up and run every morning before work (which was usually around 3:30-430 am). Then I realized I wasn't getting enough sleep and my body shut down. I do my yoga when I get home (or at least try to) but then I fall asleep on mat lol.

Well, today (the 10th of September) is my birthday. There are cupcakes on the counter 5 are already promised to other people and my husband took two this morning. We are going out for middle eastern tonight *drools* so I'm excited. My week has been pretty uneventful. I'm staying within my diet and always looking at labels. Its amazing how much just knowing what exactly a serving size actually is in comparison to what they give you or what one might have eaten previously.

Now the struggle is real. This is the firs time I've ever taken my birthday off. I've been up since 6 , no plans til 11. Should I fall back asleep or be a productive 24 year old? Eh, I'm only 24 once in my life! I hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by alyrh; 09-10-2014 at 08:02 AM.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #34  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Oh hello hello to other awkward turtles!

alyrh ~ Happy birthday! Do whatever you feel like doing, because today is your day! Mmm cupcakes. What kind? Yes, I'm living my sugary treats through what everyone posts about here. Hehehe.

My grandma can be so entertaining and frustrating at times. Because I'm trying to go relatively tough on myself with the BFC restrictions, I naturally asked her if this mushroom burger she wanted me to order from a local fast food place was sweet tasting. All she said was, "Ah, once in awhile, never mind!" I guess it's just funny, because when I'm on a less restrictive meal plan for myself and was with her, she'd sometimes have the tendency to scold me about how this and that is no good. Gah, elderly people. I usually just nod at her, because she's stubborn too.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 215/187/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Ladies! Im finally on a computer and not my phone for once.

Fos - I do see that forum jump! Thankyou for pointing that out. I had never noticed that before on my phone.

alyrh - Happy Birthday! I hope today is great for you. You can always make up later, birthdays are allowed cheats and cupcakes!

I went through after Monday's celebration and did a house cleanse (nod to the other ladies who also cleanse!). My hubby brought home a huge! (like half a circle cake) chuck of chocolate cake (my nemesis) and another whole sponge cake thing from work yesterday. Today, he also stopped by the store on his way home and bought chips, pizza, and bread sticks... Totally killing my mojo over here! My 3 yr old has wanted nothing for dinner but potato chips... He needs a junk food cleanse too. Totally thinking about grounding hubby from the food money for a while.

Edit to Add - Im currently trying to add all ya'll to my buddy list now that I actually see how it works. ( I should get on the computer more often!)

Last edited by BlueDogWeed; 09-10-2014 at 08:12 PM.
BlueDogWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

alyrh!

I hope your day was relaxing and fun for you.

BlueDogWeed sorry to hear others are bringing so much temptation into the house. My boyfriend brings homes sweets a lot too, but we've come to a compromise in that he doesn't bring home, or buy, sweets that I like. Luckily I'm a picky eater (I don't like most nuts, pretzels, french fries, potato chips, as some examples) so that's not entirely difficult for him to do.. definitely feel for you though. Stay strong! Maybe have a talk with the hubby about acceptable foods if you haven't already.

I haven't been on the computer a lot today. I actually took the day off work because I've been having a little bit of an emotional breakdown. Part of it has to do with weight, part of it has to do with just.. me. My sister's wedding is coming up, and it's really hitting home because Saturday we fly out for Washington, where it will be. My sister sent out wedding plans today, and that sort of solidified things in my mind. I've never been a girly girl. I don't wear make-up, I do usually wear dresses, I don't own a curling iron, or a hair dryer (my hair is naturally straight with a slight curl at the bottom.. I'm lucky, I know), I don't wear jewelry for the most part.. and it's occurring to me that I need to be a girly girly for the wedding.

She's providing jewelry, so thankfully I don't have to worry about that. One of her friends will be doing make-up, complete with fake eye-lashes, which I've never wore. I'm suppose to be providing foundation, mascara, and eye-liner, but I don't even know what my foundation should be. The foundation I have is probably around 5 years old, I'm not even sure that it'd pass for a good foundation. Originally she had said someone would be there to help with hair, but now she's getting hers professionally done, so I'm scrambling to find someone to do that too, in an area I'm unfamiliar with. I'm medicated for anxiety/depression, so that definitely isn't really helping.. and I don't want to bother my sister cause she's the bride and I know she's stressed as is so I haven't voiced any of my concerns to her. I'm just so afraid of ruining the wedding pictures or something. I was afraid of that before, since I'm the fat bridesmaid and all.. but now thinking about all the other factors too I'm getting more and more scared, and stressed, as the event gets closer.

So far I've been good about sticking to the diet with the stress. At home I have personal time where I can add up my weight watchers points, even for non approved food, and keep an excel sheet and all. I won't have that for the week I'm gone, so I'm also worried I'll go way off course. My dad is a Mississippi cook, and he's the one that will be providing the meals, which tend not to be on the healthy side of things. He gets offended if you don't eat the food he makes too :/
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #37  
Turning Into A New Woman

Fos ~ Yes the forum is really big

Alyrh ~ Happy belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #38  
Hello!

blue dog, sun and terra thanks! It was extremely relaxing. I went and got a pedicure and massage!

Atarimae I have this obsession with funfetti cupcakes with purple (my favorite color) frosting. I feel like a child eating them lol.

sunarie I've been in your shoes for the past year. Having breakdowns in the middle of dressing rooms. Not wanting to be seen in public or even touched by my husband. I struggle with that everyday going to work. I am constantly comparing myself to others around me and find it hard to give my self any compliments. I have a long list of insecurities and tears, but ill save that for another time (or Email or pm or never lol)I do however have a knack for giving others compliments. I bet you will look more fierce than some of the girls who maybe smaller. I always figure if a woman doesn't own a lot of makeup they must be fierce and fabulous enough to rock their gorgeous faces. Own that natural look! I'm assuming your sister loves you and that's why she close you to be in her wedding. On that merit that means she wants you to feel beautiful next to her on her special day. Be proud! Own that dress own the aisle (I prefer to think of it as a walk of fabulousness) and smile. You are beautiful at any size! Your goals are set and you can do it. One step at a time!
I hope that helps.

My parents are brother are hosting a birthday dinner for me this weekend so I'm afraid I'll be pretty stagnet as far as weight loss. I caught a cold too yesterday, boo! So I'm resting up and eating chicken noodle noms! My husband is treating me way to well. Massages for my back and feet and running a bubble bath. We are heading to Washington D.C. on Monday and will be there for a week. A lot of walking will be done so, I'm really hoping that will make some impact.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #39  
Turning Into A New Woman

Alyrh ~ My favorite color is purple too
Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #40  

Hi guys, got room for another buddy? I just had a birthday and I decided to use it as a starting point for weight loss. Here are my stats!

Starting weight: 194
Current weight: 195
Goal:???
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #41  
Hello!

pyrettablaze Absolutely! Welcome to the thread!!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #42  
Turning Into A New Woman

PyrettaBlaze ~ Welcome to the thread
Old 09-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #43  

Hey there! Nice to be here! So my workplace ordered in pizza today and I was so tempted to dive in, but I mostly stayed on track. I ate one breadstick though, haha. But for the first time I actually brought lunch to work and hopefully it was healthyish. Usually I either order food or just don't eat, which makes me too hungry, leading me to overeat when I get home. I hope this is a good first step!

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze; 09-13-2014 at 06:00 PM.
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #44  
Turning Into A New Woman

PyrettaBlaze ~ It sounds like your on the right track

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-13-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 215/187/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hi ladies! How are we doing?

Weekend & workout Confessions - We ate at a Chinese buffet this Saturday for my mom's birthday and I totally ate way too much... Too confident in the few ounces dropped because of my workouts (see below). Then we had a cookout on Sunday. I totally need to get my eating back under control. (before we hit the Holidays!!!)

I finally got back to working out end of last week (Thursday & Friday) and was so excited to see a few ounces drop. Now it's been cold, rainy/cloudy so I'm back to my in-home workouts and they just aren't as effective. Here's hoping for some sunny days! What do you ladies do for rainy days workouts? I tried yoga a couple times but it's close to impossible for me to do at home with my littles. I have a nice lovely elliptical that everyone went in together to purchase but rarely use it ( shame on me!) but I try to workout during nap time and ately neither sleep at the same time. I gotta get back to it!

I've been stuck in the 190-185 for over 2 months because bad habits have snuck back in.

Also - Welcome pyrettablaze!
BlueDogWeed is offline   Reply With Quote