Old 09-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say hi since I'm participating in the challenge in more of a lurker way. I was doing pretty well with losing weight last week but recently started struggling with cravings and wanting to eat whatever I want. But I'm back on track now and excited about my new Vitamix which is perfect for making green smoothies and other healthy things. It's been a little tough for me lately because I love exercising and it helps me stay clean with eating but recently my leg keep getting kind of injured (excessively sore) and it's been super disheartening to have to give myself more rest than I would like and feel weight loss is being slower than it should be.

Riestrella I also have the goal of a flat-ish stomach! Of course my stomach is the last place I lose weight from so I have no idea when that will be but I look forward to finding out.

Yay October! It's my birthday month and LA may finally be in my perfect temperature range most of the time (70s)
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #197  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Ugh what a TOM. Today was a bad bad day. Major cheat day. I'm feeling really guilty now because I had chickfila for lunch... and apple pie for dinner, and then made caramel popcorn. Not good. at all. I just gave in to the carbs monster. This is exactly why I don't eat bread anymore, because once I do, the monster wakes up and I want carbs and sugar all day long! We had a work training day today and they got everyone lunch, and i figured one meal wouldn't kill me, but I let my TOM cravings and my weakness take over today. And i'm weighing in thursday, so I'll probably still be a higher weight and not lose this week because of it. Ugh! bad decisions. I'm also generally frustrated becuase my size 16 jeans still don't fit comfortably (last time I weighed the same I was in 14s) It's just incredibly frustrating. I just hate putting on jeans and feeling like a stuffed sausage. I want them to fit without the discomfort, and I don't want to wear them until they're not at all tight. I just need to let go of my frustration and get back on track tomorrow. For some reason that just sounds really hard and frustrating right now. I'm going to go relax now (stressful day at work didn't help today either, more stuff that's out of my control, not the mention the company isn't doing very well and we almost didn't get paid today. frustrating!!!) So, it's relaxing time now. No more guilty feelings or stress tonight. I'm done.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #198  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

my resolve is holding strong and im really buckling down so i can make cruise goal weight.I will be wearing mostly the same clothes i did last cruise but its okay. I wear mostly baggy men shirts so i need to slowly switch over to lady cut shirts.Yesterday at work all the costumers noticed i has lost weight because i wore a tighter fitted shirt.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 10-01-2014 at 08:48 AM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #199  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Today is the big test...will I workout after work?! I really REALLY want to. Because I have to! I'm coming down with a cold/cough, but fighting it off with water and trying to go about my day normally. We'll see how it goes.

Zucena - Thanks for stopping by in the thread! Great job on beating those cravings in the end, it's always difficult stumbling with these things but it's important to just go back to normal as soon as possible. Sorry to hear about your injury, that's gotta suck. When I first started running I hurt my foot and I was so gutted since I felt like exercise was a huge part of my weight loss. But it's important to rest up and watch what you eat in the meantime to compensate! I'm really excited to see how my body looks when I get closer to 130 lbs!! I'm the same way all my weight gathers on my torso but I'm thinner elsewhere. Can't wait to get rid of this belly!

kuri - Oh wow, what sort of deformities did you suffer from? That's amazing what the surgery did for your quality of life, it's a shame the doctor passed away =/. Do you have pictures of your tattoos, I love them in general and love to see other peoples work! It's so great to hear that you don't suffer from pain any more. Wait...so Shark Week is your period?! I thought you meant like ACTUAL Shark Week on TV! I was wondering why you were mentioning it so often! Hopefully you don't suffer too much with your next period.

Clay - *hug* I hear ya. I've been there. Carbs are a delicious devil. But you know your mistakes so you can work on them. Don't beat yourself up too much, I know how frustrating regain weight is. I bought a bunch of professional clothes when I was 149 lbs and I'm back at 166 lbs and only 1 pair of pants fit me. But I just popped the top button today...so...they don't fit me well . Get back on track asap and keep looking at that goal. We can do it!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-01-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #200  

Thanks Rie, I appreciate it. I actually weighed in this morning and was 198, so it doesn't look like my weight has gone out of control because of yesterday. I'm back down (generally) to where I was before TOM. I was hoping to be a little less, but that's still good, so I'm going to focus on that and keep on going.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 175/167/150

Height: 5'8''

Yay! Late joiner! this is such a fun idea! Now I have to find a fancy dress party to go to...
ShellCottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

THE MOM HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

we now returned to our regularly scheduled health food
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #203  

underanalysis I bet that is such a relief for you! I can usually handle 2 days of my mother, on day 3, I want to kill her. It's just the way it is. Some of us don't have easy relationships with family!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:15 AM   #204  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

This is completely new information/terminology for me! I think my favourite is being "on the blob".
Old 10-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm so relieved today. I thought my mom was fattening me up because I kept gaining while she was here, but I think it was a combination of sodium and mid-cycle hormones, because I'm down to 134.4 today

I've also been seeing some serious fitness progress now that I've hit the 3 month marker on exercise.

My arms, end of June versus my arms, end of September.

Also, belly area, end of June versus belly area, end of September.

The weight difference between those is only 10 lbs.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #206  

Kuri I've definitely heard "shark week" before to refer to TOM, and in my opinion it's very fitting to describe what we go through.

Rie I have never heard "on the blob" before! That one is quite unique. I kind of like it

underanalysis You're doing great! You can definitely tell that you're making good changes for your body, and it sounds like you feel great. I hope I can get there too. Good work!

I had my official weigh in day... and it was 197.4! 1.2 lbs down from last weeks official weigh in day. TOM/on the blob/shark week is finally over!! I was expecting it to be up because I did my first day of C25k yesterday (challenging, but do able) and I usually go up a lb or two after I workout (thanks for the perceived positive punishment body!) especially if it's a workout I haven't done before. We will see, I'm going to stick with doing workouts every other day for now (so I don't burn myself out starting too fast) and will up once I get in a good rhythm. Anyone have specific workouts that you absolutely love and got you working out? Right now I'm using the zombies run c25k app, which I like, but I'm always looking for ways to keep working out fun.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #207  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
I just had to quote this. Oh my goodness it's got me giggling! I've heard shark week, but I just assumed it was because of the blood. This comparison, however, is new to me and hysterical!!!

I think I'm going to have to change my workout routine. During the summer, I would come home, make dinner, hang around for a bit and not go to the gym until 7-8pm because it was less busy at that time. However, now that the days are getting shorter, I'm having a harder time getting my butt off the couch after work. I'm going to give it a few more weeks, but if I'm still struggling, I'm going to have to start going to the gym directly after work. Which stinks because it's so much busier at that time, but it's not the end of the world.

Made it to the gym last night, had a really good workout, and today is my second fast of the week. Looking forward to Friday's weigh in...hopefully I'll get back to my low weight, and then I can look forward to new numbers!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #208  

Feeling sore and tired now. Sore is good, I'm just exhausted. My last client today was 40 minutes late for an hour appointment, and it just irritated me, especially since I had confirmed the appointment with her 2 hrs before and she said that would be fine. People are aggravating sometimes. Oh well. Tomorrow is Friday thank god. I'm just super irritable right now and trying to get out of it. Hopefully the weekend will help with the irritation!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #209  

Had a cheat dinner today, my husband and I went on a date and had cannoli for dessert, it was delicious, but I ended up around 1800 calories today, which is way above my goal, but I shouldn't gain with that, just not lose. It was nice to go on a date with my husband though, especially since he has been so busy lately, and rather irritable since he is quitting his e cigarette. Hopefully it will get easier for him soon.

Crazy news today keeps hitting me and making me sad. One of the autistic kids that I work with has been placed with his grandmother for at least a month because he tested positive for marijuana. Mom is very sweet and works so hard to take care of him. She has been having a really hard time since she is the main caregiver of the child, and autism is by no means an easy diagnosis and change for a mother, especially without dad involved. She apparently has been smoking marijuana in the house with her boyfriend, and since her son is breathing the same air, he tested positive for it as well. I've been working with them for about a year now, and I know how much she loves him and how hard she works to make sure he has what he needs, I just know she is probably so devastated and upset, and I hate this is going on. It's definitely right to take him out of the house, it's just completely horrible. Not something I like to find out at work. Hopefully everything will be okay. I just had to get that off my chest.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, It's always a little quieter on the forums over the weekend! I guess everyone is busy!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #210  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Charts everyone!

20-Somethings Chart:

Overall Chart: