Old 09-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Atarimae, you may want to look into a chewable instead of a pill or liquid. They make adult chewables now, and that's what I take. Pill form vitamins sometimes don't dissolve completely before your body passes them, even if you don't throw up, and I bet liquid vitamins taste pretty gross.

With a chewable or liquid, you can try adding them to a smoothie or something in the morning as well.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #122  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I reread the label and it does say to take with food...which is what I did yesterday. There was a slight feel of nausea for about five minutes, I gagged once, but no actual vomiting. The thing that I found odd was that I do actually recall sneaking some of my mom's gummy multivitamins on an empty stomach and have never reacted this way. Maybe it's psychological in that I think I'm swallowing some giant horse pill? LOL, regardless, I did also Google some information and nausea is apparently a side-effect, albeit a weird one in my opinion.

The only thing that stinks is that I don't exactly wanna waste the rest of this bottle either. 198 left!

Regardless, I appreciate all the responses. Happy hump day!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #123  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

so i went to try on pants today and i got 3 new pairs of size 10's the 8's were a tad small but buttoned fine. Im keeping one size 12 for a final photo.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #124  

Congrats on the new pants, skittlesfire! I'm hitting a point where some of my 8's have had to go bye-bye already. It's frustrating because I don't have the funds to replace some of my favorites when they stop fitting, and there's nowhere in my area that does consignment, so the best I can do on donating them is to get a coupon at Savers.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #125  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by underanalysis View Post
Congrats on the new pants, skittlesfire! I'm hitting a point where some of my 8's have had to go bye-bye already. It's frustrating because I don't have the funds to replace some of my favorites when they stop fitting, and there's nowhere in my area that does consignment, so the best I can do on donating them is to get a coupon at Savers.
Hold it!

Depending on your seamstress skills, I've become a bit of an expert of bringing clothes in to a smaller size. Pinterest / sewing may need a visit if you're willing to try something new. A lot of the clothes I've brought in, you can't even tell they use to be bigger. May save you some money (thread is cheap!).

If not, or you have no desire to try, then donate them / sell on e-bay. Good luck!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
Hold it!

Depending on your seamstress skills, I've become a bit of an expert of bringing clothes in to a smaller size. Pinterest / sewing may need a visit if you're willing to try something new. A lot of the clothes I've brought in, you can't even tell they use to be bigger. May save you some money (thread is cheap!).

If not, or you have no desire to try, then donate them / sell on e-bay. Good luck!
If a button falls off my jacket, I can sew it back on.

That is the extent of my sewing ability.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by underanalysis View Post
If a button falls off my jacket, I can sew it back on.

That is the extent of my sewing ability.
Have you looked at thrift stores?

My dad asked if I was going to lose more weight after a death glare he bought the pants.he said I better invest in a belt Becuase he won't be buying me 8's. I will need to buy new clothes in October before I go away on my cruise but I will be getting just the minum since I won't be at goal until early-mid December and need a new wardrobe at that point.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #128  

I have decided as a Xmas gift to me depending on how my stomach looks I will be getting my belly button pierced and a new tattoo on my wrist.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #129  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

thewalrus:
a few halloween stores have opened up near me, but I haven't dropped in yet. I LOVE shopping, so I can't wait til I have time to go in

Atarimae:
I'm going to echo some of the PP...may be try a chewable or smaller pill. Chewables and gummies work great for me.

skittlesfirehawk:
that's exciting, going down sizes is so rewarding A belly button piercing and a wrist tattoo sound sooooo cool. I have a small clover on one wrist and a bee on the other wrist...from a poem I read. I would love to get a belly button piercing, but my tummy (while pretty flat) has a little too much loose skin and stretchmarks for me to feel comfortable with that. I'm considering a tummy tuck in the future to help with that...so may be a piercing is in my future.

underanalysis:
lol that's more than my sewing ability

I finally weighed myself...and after 9 weeks of a Costa Rican vacation I weighed in at 139. Which is basically where I was at when I left. Considering how I ate, I'm okay with that. Would have been happier being at 135-137, but I'll take it. I've been hiking twice this week, and plan on going on a small run later...not looking forward to that run since it's been awhile. Gotta get er done

Last edited by kisskiss; 09-11-2014 at 08:26 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #130  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Ever think of youtube a "take in" video and then trying it out on a cheap/lame clothing item? The first time I brought something in was in high school. We always get these free shirts when you volunteer and they were out of the smalls, so I was handed an XL. This was when I was thin, no boobed, and barely claiming 5', this shirt swallowed me whole.

After the event, I wanted to keep wearing it (it had a cute little kitty on it since it was from a shelter). So... I figured "free shirt" and what's the worse that could happen?

I brought it in by measuring it against a shirt I already owned. It was really easy, and, once I was done, couldn't tell It use to be HUGE. I wound up with extra fabric as well, so dusting rags!

I do it to jeans and skirts as well. It's fun... if you like sewing.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #131  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

kisskiss and skittles - I know it's hard to imagine getting a belly piercing when you aren't satisfied with your tummies, but I would encouraged you both to go for it anyway! I have had mine for almost a decade and I have never been comfortable showing it off publicly, but I can say I absolutely LOVE having it FOR MYSELF. It is so cute and fun to play with, the bf likes it too

underanalysis I've had a lot of success selling clothing on eBay. I set aside my "good" clothes for selling, and the rest go to Goodwill. The problem is I end up buying more clothes with the money I make, but hey, that's kinda the point!

Weight loss isn't going so well. Hoping to see an improvement by tomorrow, but I'm not feeling optimistic.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
kisskiss and skittles - I know it's hard to imagine getting a belly piercing when you aren't satisfied with your tummies, but I would encouraged you both to go for it anyway! I have had mine for almost a decade and I have never been comfortable showing it off publicly, but I can say I absolutely LOVE having it FOR MYSELF. It is so cute and fun to play with, the bf likes it too

underanalysis I've had a lot of success selling clothing on eBay. I set aside my "good" clothes for selling, and the rest go to Goodwill. The problem is I end up buying more clothes with the money I make, but hey, that's kinda the point!

Weight loss isn't going so well. Hoping to see an improvement by tomorrow, but I'm not feeling optimistic.
I am not sure if I can get a belly button piercing.the way my scar indents and sits directly above my belly button I'm not sure if it's safe or feasible
Old 09-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #133  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarimae View Post
Hi ladies!

I just have a quick question and anyone's welcome to answer. The other day, I finally bought myself multivitamin pills because I didn't feel like I was getting a full balance of vitamins/minerals that I needed. However, I ended up vomiting. I think part of it attributes to the fact that instead of waiting until AFTER or towards the end of my meal, I took it with my first couple bites. However, I've also had issues with liquid multivitamins and vomiting (I apologize if any of this is TMI ) I was just wondering...if any of you are on multivitamin pills/gummies/liquid, what tips do you have? Did certain things give off more of a reaction than others? I've just eaten lunch and I'm literally afraid to even try taking a pill right now. I guess I'll reluctantly do so anyway...just in case the problem was because of an empty stomach.
I get the EXACT same problem. You are supposed to take them with food, and if you don't, vomiting and nausea can definitely happen.

What solved it for me was two things. One, I take them at night after dinner and not in the morning. That has helped a ton.

Two, if I do feel nauseous or like I will vomit after taking them, I quickly shove down 1/8 or so of a bagel, or 1/4 a slice of bread or so. For me, that stops the nausea/vomiting in its tracks. Bagels are particularly effective. Crackers may also work.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 09-13-2014 at 08:47 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #134  
Vi

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Went up to my starting weight for this challenge this week, today I was back down, and a pound lower than last week. So yay progress lol

skittlesfirehawk: My plan is a belly button piercing too once I hit my goal weight. Always wanted one but I seen what they look like on heavy girls. One of my friends got one and she wore cut off shirts to show it off. Nothing against her for it, but I'm an introvert and I could not see myself doing that. lol
vsmith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #135  

Usually I gain 2-3 lbs for Shark Week. This shark week I'm at 135.8... now I'm wondering what the heck my real weight will turn out to be at the end of this week