Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 07:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Default July Exercise log

It's a new month SO....it's time for a new exercise log!! Ready set GO...on those goals!! We can do it!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 07:40 PM   #2  

I ran 2 miles today!! I can hardly believe it. When I started training for this tri I couldn't make it a mile!! Now I'm up to 2 miles! And the tri is still about a month away. If I can make it up to 4 miles this month, I'll be SO excited!!! I have to run 3.1 for the Sprint Tri...I think I can, I think I can. Anyway....tomorrow is most likely a swimming day!

Today felt sort of like a swimming day. It was raining, but I'm tired of using the rain as an excuse not to exercise so I went out running in it. I had SO much fun splashing through the puddles as I ran. My feet definitely didn't get hot. I felt like a kid just out playing a lot of the run. It was great!! I hope everyone else's day is going well.

Betty
Old 07-01-2003, 09:23 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I walked 2 miles today!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 10:53 AM   #4  

Default July Exercise Goals

Hello ladies,

I'm up for the July exercise Challenge! My goals:

- exercise 3X per week
- continue my new longer walk to work (40 minutes each way - uphill in the morning! )
- include toning in my gym days (1 day arms, 1 day abs, 1 day legs)

SAPF, hope that you enjoyed your nice long walk! I went for a great walk by the river on Saturday...the weather was so beautiful here. Hope that you had similar conditions!

Betty - when is your triathalon? That is amazing! A friend of mine ran in a marathon last spring, and I was thinking of trying to train for a mini-charity marathon in the fall. I have been exercising and improving my fitness level for the last 6 months or so. How long have you been training for the triathalon? You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Kris
261-186-155
Old 07-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #5  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I'm in!!! So far no exercise just yet but hopefully I will get some in today!! Good to see this thread keeps coming back!
Old 07-02-2003, 11:36 AM   #6  

Kris,

Thanks! My tri is July 27th!! It's not a long tri. It's just 660 meters swimming, 13 miles on the bike and 3.1 miles running. I've been training for it, for slightly over a month. One of my good friends encouraged me to do it. He's the guy that when I say I'm going to do something he pushes me to truly follow through...usually without saying much, but he just expects that when his friends say they will do something even if it's a personal goal they will do it.

So I mentioned the Tri idea to him, I think it was one of the days he was reminding me the importance of breakfast. Anyway...he said he thought it was a wonderful idea. I had no idea where to begin...but I did begin just started jogging, then got myself an inexpensive bike from Kmart, and contacted someone in town about using the local pool early in the AM for swimming to train. One of the guys in town who does tri's has a key to the pool so I swim with him and a couple of guys early in the morning on the days we do that. And here I am a month later!!

I think that your idea of training for a mini-Marathon this fall is a WONDERFUL idea. How long is the mini-Marathon? When would it be?

Betty
Old 07-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #7  

Hello,

Welcome back Jess! Do you have a specific exercise plan that you are following in July? Hopefully this month will be a bit easier for you time-wise now that you are out of school...I looked at your web-site....you have made amazing progress with your weigh loss! You must be so proud of yourself! Congratulations.

Betty - Wow! That guy sounds like a good friend! Good for you for following through with that plan.

I was really thinking about a fun-run that I WALK every fall to raise $$ for cancer research. For me it is like a marathon! It is really 10km...which I think works out to about 7 miles. The run is mid-September, so I should have time to get in a bit of outside running. I'm just a bit unsure of where to start. I think that I will look around a bit on the Internet and see if I can find some ideas. I am very open to suggestions from everyone on the boards, too!

Thanks for the bit of inspiration Betty! Let me know how your triathalon goes! Won't it be great to be able to say that you have completed a triathalon?!

Kris
261-186-155
Old 07-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #8  

Hey Jess....glad to see that you are in for the July Exercise too.

Such A Pretty Face...GREAT Job on the walking.

Kris-- The fun run idea sounds like a great plan! I think a 10k is actually 6.2 miles. I just know you can do it!!! I'm going to work my way up to that one of these days. I will definitely look around for ideas as to how to help you start with the running. Some places I've seen have suggested starting with a walking/jogging combo...and I do think that's the best way to go. Let me know what you decide to do...and I'll look to see what I can find to help too. How smart to have started early on thinking and planning for the Fun Run in Sept! That is great!!

I will definitely let you know how the Triathlon goes!!! Yes it is going to be SO great to be able to say that I've finished one. I'm so excited about it. I can hardly believe this is real!!

I biked about 6 miles (or so) this evening. I had to stop b/c it got too dark. I've not heard back from my swimming buddy so I'm not sure if I am swimming in the AM...if not then tomorrow is another jogging day...time will tell.

I hope everyone else is having a great day too!

Betty
Old 07-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #9  

I ran 2 miles again today. This time was 7 minutes faster than on Tuesday!!! Wow! Talk about a wonderful surprise when I got home and discovered that!!! Tomorrow is a biking day.

Have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow to all of you in Amercia!!

Betty
Old 07-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #10  

Biked 10 miles this morning!!
Old 07-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #11  

Hey! It's me again!! I upped my mileage today. I went 2.3 miles and amazingly enough I did it in the same amount of time that it took me to run 2 miles four days ago!! I'm really excited about that!!

Betty
Old 07-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #12  

I have been trying to ride my bike to work and back everyday. it takes 40 mins to get there and 40 back.

I got one of those exercise balls recently. this month i'd like to use it..haha

And lastly i really think cardio is best thing, so i want to try and do my cadio video that i used to do in highschool 3 times a week.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:55 PM   #13  

Becca,

I think that's an excellent goal that you want to try to do the exercise video from HS 3x a week...and Exercise balls are cool. I used one for a while!! Welcome!!

I biked 6 miles today and jogged 1. I was working on my transitions from biking to running...talk about rubbery feelings legs the first part of that mile I was running...thankfully they improved as I ran.

Betty
Old 07-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #14  

Hello all,

Really need to get back into the exercise...have been away from the gym for nearly 3 weeks! I managed to gain 2 pounds last month. Not the direction I was hoping for! On the plus side - I have continued to keep my two 30-40 minute walks up.

Betty - I looked up the information on starting to run. I think that I am going to aim for a mix run/walk program. I am posting the link, just in case you (or anybody else) is interested. This site actually has some really great information on all types of exercises. I have used the toning section in the past to help develop a gym routine. They use video to demonstrate the exercises, which I find helpful.

http://ford4women.chatelaine.com/run...ure/index.html

There are still 3 weeks left in July - here's hoping that I can pull it together! Hoora!

Good luck to all....

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #15  

I've been doing something for a while everymorning when i get out of bed. and this morning i really got to thinking wow this is great exercise! and i never thought about it that way b4.

So. i think i'd like to challenge everyone to put on your fav. song in the morning and dance around in your underwear (jammas)
It really starts the day out well for me
Closed Thread