Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 10:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Becca,

That's a WONDERFUL idea!! I'm up for the dancing challenge!! Sounds like a wonderful way to start the day!!!

Kris...Good job on finding the walk/run program! I am SO sorry I didn't get back to you on that...I totally forgot until I just saw your message!! I am confident you will get back to the gym.

Would you believe that I am actually beginning to enjoy running? I never thought I would say those words?!?! What has happened to me. ;-)

Yesterday I swam 2000 meters (about 350 meters more than a mile)...in other words about 1.2 miles...slightly more than that.

This evening I felt SO sluggish! I do my swims at 5:30-6:30 in the morning and I hadn't exercised all day. So I went for a run this evening. I ran about 2.6 miles!! WOW!! I can hardly believe that!!! Granted I was hot, but I could have kept going that was the incredible part about this!! I'm guessing exercise is really becoming a daily part of my life.

I hope that y'all both are having wonderful days!! Just think we are in the heat of summer and sticking with this stuff...yeah us!!

Okay...talk to y'all tomorrow...
Betty
Old 07-10-2003, 07:52 AM   #17  

I swam 1900 meters this morning in the pool.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #18  

Wow Betty! I am drawing some exercise inspiration from you! I hope that i too can one day say that I enjoy going for a run/to the gym/insert favourite exercise here! I know that I do miss exercising if I don't go...not because I miss the exercise specifically, but because I miss the feeling of accomplishment and pride afterwards. I find that I feel a bit sluggish if I don't exercise....I at least HAVE to get a walk in everyday!

Becca - that does sound like a great way to start the morning!

I have renewed my gym membership for the rest of July, and I am off to the gym after work!

Hooray!

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #19  

6 mile bike ride this evening!!

Kris, I know what you mean about the sluggish feeling. And good for you on walking every day!! How's the walk/run program going? How was the gym?

Betty
Old 07-14-2003, 10:07 AM   #20  

Hello ladies,

Went to the gym on Thursday night again....did 8 miles on the elliptical trainer! Gave me a bit of hope that I might actually be able to jog the 10K in the fall! I am planning to do one more week on the elliptical, then move to the treadmill and progress to the pavement...I'll see how it goes. Still not a huge fan of the gym...but seriously love the rush afterwards! Makes me feel like I can reach my goal weight. I also find that I try to be a bit more careful about what I eat when I work out. No sense wasting all of that hard work!!

Hope that everyone is having great success with their exercise goals this month! I am off to the gym after work today...

Take care,
Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #21  

Kris! That is AWESOME about the 8 miles on the elliptical trainer!! Way to go! You will be able to do the fun run in the Fall... I just know that you will. My week hasn't been so hot for exercise and such. I plan to get back on the program tomorrow with the swim. I am headed out of town on Friday, but I'm determined to train the weekend away despite my out of town voyage. Yay!!!

Betty
Old 07-18-2003, 02:01 PM   #22  

Cool Whoops!

Hello all,

Apparently the elliptical machine at the gym is a liar!! No way have I done 8 miles! It tried the treadmill yesterday and couldn't get through 2 miles! YIKES! Seems like I have a lot of work to do to be able to run 10K. I am thinking of revising my plan....There is also a "Fun Run" category, and I think that I have the option of doing just 5K. This seems more reasonable for me....because quite frankly - I am a terrible runner! I seem to have quite an awkward gate when I run....Seemed to start easing into an easier running style by the end of my workout yesterday. You seem to have to land on your heels a bit more....I think that I was trying to run on the balls of my feet (ouch!). I'll see how it goes.... Last night was a very humbling experience!

Have a good time on your weekend away Betty! Guess that next weekend must be the triathalon! V. exciting!

Keep moving everybody!

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #23  

Hello ladies,

Am off for a walk today...

Think that I overdid it on my first time running. I will be using the elliptical again tomorrow. Will try to follow the running program (1 min walk, 1 min run) on Thursday night, but I have to give my poor knees a rest! Went to Montréal this weekend and got a lot of walking in, but I was still sore from running last Thursday. Note to self: EASE into running! Ms. Hotshot had to run continually right out of the gate! Guess there is a reason that you are supposed to ease into a running program. I am OK for the cardio - but my body can't take the jarring. Will try again though!

Hope that the exercise is going alright for everybody else!

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #24  

Hey Kris,

Hang in there...you are right easing into the running is definitely the way to go....it's too rough on your body is you try to get going with the running too quickly. Can't begin to count the number of times I've messed that up myself...but following the 1 minute running 1 minute walking sounds good and before you know it you will be running non-stop.

Betty
Old 07-22-2003, 09:45 AM   #25  

Thanks for the encouragement Betty! Glad to hear I'm not the only one to overdo it when trying to learn to run! I always tend to overdo it a bit - I am anxious to make my exercise time really count, which is the wrong approach. Apparently a fast walk has the same exercise benefits as jogging. Guess that I will just have to keep reminding myself of that as I work up to a longer jog! I'm not very patient about it, though!

How's the training for the triathalon going? Did you manage to get out while you were away this past weekend? So difficult to stick to an exercise routine while you are away.

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-25-2003, 02:35 PM   #26  

Smile Good luck Betty!

Hi Betty,

I think that this weekend is your triathalon....just wanted to wish you well. Let us know how it goes!

Kris
261-188-155
Old 07-29-2003, 09:32 AM   #27  

Not a good month!! I lost 7 pounds at the beginning on my Atkins induction. After that I have held the weight loss but haven't lost anymore. However, I was VERY bad the last week...ate everything in site. I need to jump back on the right track. My exercising wasn't that good and I almost hit the 10lb mark for the end of the month. If I lose 7 more every month until October the sister-in-law's wedding will be great. That would equal 30lbs since June!! That's the goal...

Can't wait to start the August goals to get me pumped up more!!! I already have my goals!
Old 07-29-2003, 11:34 AM   #28  

Golfergirl - I know how you feel. I lost a pound.. but now I'm sorta stuck .. can't wait to get back into the swing of things. However, I feel like I have been at this weight so long.. that I wont ever lose anymore.

Can't wait for August.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:55 PM   #29  

Wedding date....Tonic....so when are you thinking?? I have my sister-in-law's wedding (where I am doing more work than at my own) in October and that is what started the whole weight loss!!! Everyone in it is tiny except 2 of us (and we're not that big, but larger than the other's size 4-8) and we decided that we would order the dress to small and it would make us...it has, she has lost about 40 pounds and now the dress is too big. And I have lost about 15 and the dress is perfect. So...that's still the motivation. Mine's still a 14 and the others are still smaller........

August will be a great month for geting back into it.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:09 PM   #30  

Golfergirl - Not sure.. I am trying to find the happy balance of finishing school and getting married. I am thinking August 2004, Fall 2004, or early Summer 2005. Thats a lot of dates to choose from though My fiancee is not graduating until Dec. 2004, I graduate Summer 2004.

I hope your sister-in-law has a great wedding. We want pictures of you in your dress! You are doing great on your weightloss!!
Closed Thread