Old 11-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #166  
Loving Insanity

S/C/G: 185/176/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm In!

Seeing this a little late in the game, but needing motivation so I'm in! Anyone else into juicing? Type II diabetics? Live in the Bay Area, Cali? Cuz I am/do! Hollerrr
Annie415sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #167  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

So, this week I'm trying NOT calorie counting. I've counted calories for a couple years now. We'll see on Sunday how accurate my intuitive eating is. Fingers crossed. But what I've eaten has been on point this week. Yay!

Also, over the past week I ate twice at a friend of mine's place and something I ate there made me feel AWESOME. Like, I felt relaxed, peaceful, comfortable, and basically got a gentle endorphin rush The only common foods were steamed leafy greens with a dressing, and miso soup. So one of those is amazing and I want it for myself.

---

kisskiss: I'm probably going to do an herbed potato and mushroom gratin and a really autumn-y rice dish. Yum! On the "I love you" front, I've waiting a very long time to say it before (like a year) and much sooner than that. When I say it often doesn't actually reflect my feelings. I tend to wait to say it if I'm saying it first, just to be sure. I get nervous too. But I have said it first, and thankfully it's mostly gone well! I have a friend who always says it within 2 weeks of dating (every single time, & often much sooner), and she always means it for every guy, somehow. Also, remember that your guy may be feeling the same way you are - scared of rejection. I'd say if you feel it and want to say it and are getting the "love you" vibe between you guys, I'd feel out a good moment and tell him. Good luck!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 11-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #168  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Whew, what a horrible week this has been for me.

So after my epic week of working out Insanity style and running I was so pumped. But when I weighed in on Monday I saw my weight had shot up to 159 lbs after weighing in at 157 lbs. I had even hit 156 lbs briefly during my week of awesomeness. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me, especially over a NUMBER. But I did. Over the last 5 days I've over ate, bought ready meals, ordered a pizza and generally lost all sense of control over healthy eating. As for workouts...well, they've just not been happening.

I'm getting fed up with myself about this behaviour of mine. I just sabotage myself whenever I have an "off" number. The mentality I have is "well, I weighed in high today so I might as well eat what I want." In hindsight I know how DUMB this sounds, but I honestly believe in that theory at the time. I'm just trying to justify eating junk when I have a bad day, it's terrible of me.

I'm thinking of doing the blogilates 12 week meal plan. She's designed a be-yoo-tiful fit journal http://www.ogorgeous.com/product/blo...-fit-journal-1 that I really want to buy. It comes with the meal plan, so I might just do it. I've always sworn to myself that I don't need plans and guides and diets...but heck, maybe I do? Maybe I need some sort of guide to take my hand and say "Here is a good eating week!"

In non related weight news, I wrote an Impossible list. Not sure why it's called that, but it's just a list of life goals. Check it out here if you fancy reading mine. http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/2013/1...ible-list.html

34 days til I'm back in England loving life and being with family again. My social calendar is already jam packed, and it's more than a month away! It's been very enjoyable organising meeting friends and spending time with family. I'm going to Skype with my parents tomorrow and add even more plans! Can't wait. Anyone else psyched about Christmas?

---

183 - Don't you hate it when you really want to workout but something is actually stopping you for a legitimate reason? Hope your wound heals up soon!!

grapefruit - Sorry about the gain, those gu pots are delicious aren't they? I haven't had a lot, but when I have had them I always love it! I know how you feel when you have to adjust the ticker to reflect the shame, but we'll kick arse and take names and that ticker won't know what's hit it!

Hoopty - Glad you enjoyed your husbands birthday! Sounds foodriffic, sorry about the gain, but it's kind of inevitable isn't it?? Good luck getting back on track! I'm sure it's a temporary gain!

Trauma - Oh em gee, so sorry you got such an awful text! If you actually are concerned about your safety please report it to the police. He would have to say something directly threatening, but his text just sounded like he was venting anger and saying "you'll never see me again". But, if he has a weird history then definitely tell someone. Man, don't you just hate it when you work out and you gain weight?! It should be totally the opposite!! Haha, I always fart up a storm when I'm working out that way - sometimes it's so satisfying. Feel like I drop a pound in gas weight!!

Lianna - I'm not American, but my boyfriend is, we're going to go to a Brazilian place and eat lots of meat. Oh wow, drama queen much?! Maybe you should focus on portion size rather than trying to sneak healthy meals? Just to avoid the chaos that might come with it, I mean. Good luck!!

dehtripper - You're welcome! I like being asked questions, so if you need any more info on anything Japan related I can do my best to answer!

kisskiss - Hmm...hard question. My first boyfriend I never really loved, but I did say "I love you" but I just felt it was more a cute thing rather than a serious gesture if that makes sense. He was the one who said it first, he just blurted it out in a weird situation. My current boyfriend, we were saying I love you before we started going out!! It's a long story, but we were best friends before we were officially together. I was, for a long time, his only close friend. He was very vocal of how much he appreciated me, so he said he loved me as a friend. But when we got together I did get a bit weird because I didn't know if his "I love you"s had changed from the friendship stage to the relationship stage. Personally I would probably wait for the guy. I'm not sure why, I guess I'm annoyingly traditional like that. But I don't see anything wrong with saying it first. Honestly just try not to think too much about it, you might find yourself just coming out with it!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #169  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

ugggh i havent worked out in almost 3 weeks and im eating like crap.Im putting myself on a strict chiken and salsa diet until i can workout again i really wanna be at 139 before my cruise. i got a tatoo on wednesday and it still hurts so im probably out for at least another week but then im commiting to 4 days a week workout. im at 158 and its killing me because on november 1st i was 154 and going down
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #170  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

So I went to dinner at a friend's house, and I was accidentally blocking a doorway when one of the women I sort of know was trying to come through. I apologized and she said it was fine, that I wasn't blocking the door because "there's not much to you." Just matter-of-fact and polite-like, not a compliment, just a statement. I was so surprised I made some weird reply that probably made no sense. But she was nice about it. I'm nowhere near thin or 'not having much to me', but I still loved her comment! No one's ever told me that before.

Also, I got called pretty. Not a "pretty face," which is nice.

I'm still okay on track for this challenge... I think. I'm hoping I can make my goal of 10 lbs by... wait, does this challenge end at Christmas or New Year?
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh boy, I've gone on such a junk food bender since Halloween that I've gained back all I lost in the last challenge and more You'd think the goal of a beach vacation would be motivation enough, but apparently not!

Reading through the thread has been a great boost though, so please keep posting your daily successes!

I've set up a tv by the treadmill so I'm gonna try to start my week off right by walking while watching my Sunday night shows I'm hoping this will get me to walk/run 3 miles a day for a total of 15 miles a week. We'll see how it goes...
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:34 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 84.8kg / 70.0kg / 63.5kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby5839 View Post
Oh boy, I've gone on such a junk food bender since Halloween that I've gained back all I lost in the last challenge and more You'd think the goal of a beach vacation would be motivation enough, but apparently not!

Reading through the thread has been a great boost though, so please keep posting your daily successes!

I've set up a tv by the treadmill so I'm gonna try to start my week off right by walking while watching my Sunday night shows I'm hoping this will get me to walk/run 3 miles a day for a total of 15 miles a week. We'll see how it goes...
@ruby: The treadmill thing is a great idea! It's been so cold here and I have so much work on that going to the gym has been a struggle, and I've gained back a few pounds too!

@everyone: What I've done today though is completely planned out all my food (went to the supermarket yesterday to buy healthy stuff but also purchased a chocolate twist for tea which goes to show I'm in a bad place because normally I would not touch that shiz! processed food ) So yeah but today I am going to be under my calorie and carb goal. If I can't get the motivation/time up to go to the gym I'm at least keeping my food on track, because that's 80% of it I believe.

I was honest and updated my weight here though. Hope to see it go down again next weekend.

Last edited by grapefruit; 11-18-2013 at 04:34 AM.
grapefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 84.8kg / 70.0kg / 63.5kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
So I went to dinner at a friend's house, and I was accidentally blocking a doorway when one of the women I sort of know was trying to come through. I apologized and she said it was fine, that I wasn't blocking the door because "there's not much to you." Just matter-of-fact and polite-like, not a compliment, just a statement. I was so surprised I made some weird reply that probably made no sense. But she was nice about it. I'm nowhere near thin or 'not having much to me', but I still loved her comment! No one's ever told me that before.

Also, I got called pretty. Not a "pretty face," which is nice.

I'm still okay on track for this challenge... I think. I'm hoping I can make my goal of 10 lbs by... wait, does this challenge end at Christmas or New Year?
Those non-scale victories make all the difference
grapefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #174  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Riestrella - I updated my weight for last week. Didn't get to do it yesterday..

---

So, I've been feeling horrible. Like I said, the food on DH's birthday was absolutely delicious and I was able to get back on track 2 days later. HOWEVER, it's PMS-week and my cravings have been so, so, so, so HUGE. It's already really hard for me to get 100% back on track after a cheat-day (make that 2) so the cravings didn't help at all. Let me show you:

Saturday, 9th: Birthday food
Sunday, 10th: Leftover cake
Monday, 11th: ON PLAN
Tuesday, 12th: PMS - ate 810 calories worth the chocolate, ugh! Then I was super upset after there was none left. And then I was even more upset and regretful because I ate so much junk. Go figure.
Wednesday, 13th: ON PLAN
Thursday, 14th: ON PLAN
Friday, 15th: PMS - went over my sister's and she had pancakes with Nutella, double UGH! Once I ate those I went on to eating a whole bunch of Snickers bars and chips (which I usually don't eat) because "*** it, I already ate like crap, might as well enjoy what's here, right?".
Saturday, 16th: PMS - little bit of cake, Nutella and pudding
Sunday, 17th: PMS - Nutella, french fries

Yesterday was also my last day of birth control so I am hoping for TOM to get here as soon as possible. My lowest weigh-in was on Thursday - 141.8 lbs. My highest was 143.8 lbs yesterday and this morning I weighed-in at 142.8 lbs after a successful meet-up with the toilet.
Not only did the PMS cause those cravings, I've also not been working out at all. So, time for me to quit slacking and start making something happen!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #175  
A broad on a mission

S/C/G: sz20/14/8

Height: 5' 4.5"

I know Im late to this party! But I've got 6 weeks til New Years. 12 pounds sounds doable
aBroadAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #176  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 4 Chart! Sorry it's late!!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Ruby I feel you. Ever sine Halloween I have been having a problem controling my snacking and urge for sugar. Over did it the week of my Birthday I think with too much sugar.

Trying to get back in line.

I hope everyone is having a good week and sees some awesome losses soon.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #178  

so ive been dping really bad staying on track. Ill weigh tomorow but I havent been to the gym in almost two weeks because ive been busy after work! Tomorow.im.so getting.back morning workouts. Clearly for me if I dont workout in the am it wont happen.
my main motivation for weight loss is wanting to get pregnant. Weve had issues and.im young enough where it shiuldnt be hard. AF came this week on my anniversary and.instead of being upset about another failed month I immediately thought..alright looks like another month to get in shape!!!
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Uggg Halloween chocolate is a devil indeed eh. Thankfully everywhere close sold out so I avoided the dreaded "well its SOOO cheap I better buy it ALL" season this year.

Mara - you can do it!! I hope you have a good week and see loses too.

goldengirl - thats awesome that you can put a positive spin on having more time to kick butt. I'm not well-versed in things that help fertility but a great attitude sure can't hurt.

I feel so much less "stressed" being back on WW. I really hate that term but I found counting I was over-obsessing over every tiny thing, meeting my macros and always feeling guilty thus giving up. I just can't work with a constant state of food guilt. I've got enough things to worry about in my life, getting healthy should make me feel BETTER.

Anyhow, having now reprieved myself mostly from my previous weeks indulgences, I looked at my numbers. In order to make my goal, I just need 1.3lbs/week. Which is totally doable. So yay Lastly ETA a NSV: I can finally feel/also see the acromial end of my collarbones for the first time ever.

Last edited by dehtripper; 11-20-2013 at 10:00 AM.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks dehtripper. Scale is moving down again
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote