Old 11-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #196  

Height: 5'6"

Just joining in. I've just decided to get serious about my weightloss, I sometimes think I'm crazy for doing this right before the holidays. But the fact that I haven't resigned to start next year for New Year's makes me think I might actually follow through this time.

My first week has been successful loss of 4.5 lbs. But I know it'll slow from here

RE Scales & Numbers: The closest I've ever come before to a healthier weight (I think I dropped about 30 lbs) was without ever looking at a scale. Numbers can be evil and really demoralizing because you think an increase is a failure. I was very mentally healthy during this period. So as others have said, taking a break from numbers can really help the stress.
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #197  

Height: 5'8

There is no way in heck i am losing 20lbs by Christmas,so I'm STEPPING DOWN TOO
I actually have a new goal,hopefully by MARCH 24th,I can lose 20lbs.
I'm just trying to get things together,but yeah,I'm out of the challenge

But godbless to everyone,and stay strong!
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #198  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So after taking a break from weighing in I already feel relieved. I was happier over the weekend not knowing what I weighed. I looked in them mirror and didn't see a body labelled by a number - but just my body. It was refreshing! I know it's strange to talk about this in a challenge based on numbers, but I still want to check in and see how everyone is doing =).

Operation workout Rie is not going very well. But I have to, because I'm running a 10K in a month!! So very under prepared for the race, all hopes of breaking my record have been well and truly thrown out the window.

Lianna - As you know, I understand exactly how you're feeling! But you're right, you're not going to lose weight all at once and it's fine to fluctuate. Thanks for the support!

grinchy - I know what you mean, I have no idea how I'm gonna manage over Christmas!

Tohisha - Don't worry! You don't have to reach your goal! Heck, you can go ahead and alter it!! Like I said in my first post, be realistic with your goal! Why not aim for 10 lbs or even 5 lbs?! Don't drop out just because you're not going to reach your initial goal!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #199  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Chart!!

Old 11-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

I'd like to come back in from standby please
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #201  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

skittlesfirehawk:

that's cute the two tattoos I have are the size of quarters on my wrists

ParkTrot:
So sorry you got into an accident, but I'm glad that you are recovering! Welcome Back

Goldengirlamy:
Glad you had fun on your anniversary and Happy Belated Birthday! What did the t-shirt say? or was it more of a cute blouse? I always used smaller shirts or pants as a motivation and it worked. I'm sure you'll be fitting into that t-shirt in no time!

LiannaKole:

thank you when I was 13, they had us to a fitness test in gym, and I remember weighing in at 163 pounds (and I was about 5'3). The lowest weight I remember is 128 and I was in 5th grade and about 5'1. It's weird to know that I weigh less that I did in middle school!
How long have you been trying the not calorie counting? I stopped using MFP a while ago, but I seem to know exactly what I'm eating and I can estimate how many calories I've eaten, even though I'm not consciously trying to count every single one.

grinchygirl:
Congrats on the 4.5 lbs lost!

zoesmom:
Welcome back!

Rie:
I think you are amazing and I'm happy that you had a good weekend. I totally get you about weighing in and not letting it consume or lives, especially if it's causing us to overeat or feel badly if we don't see the number we like. When I first started dieting, I couldn't even face the scale. I bought a quantum scale, which just tells you how much weight you've lost. so even if I gained .6lbs, I still was negative because it would tell me my total loss. anyway, I used that scale until I lost 25-35 pounds and then I weighed myself. I'm not sure but I think if I had seen my real weight (I did the calculations and I was at 299lbs when I started), I'm not sure how I would have reacted. So, I totally understand the need to step away from a scale, especially if it's affecting you negatively.
Anyway sending you a virtual hug and come on girl, you can totally get a good 10k time
__________________________________________________ _______________

I'm on vacation! I have the whole week off and I plan on chilling out and having a good Thanksgiving. I officially weighed in at 135 these last two days. GOAL. I feel pretty amazing right now. I even plan on going back to the DMV sometimes this week and officially changing my weight and pic. I attached a pic of my most recent body pics sideways. the first one I'm at 275 size 22, the second one I'm at 200 size 12/14, and the last is 135 and a snug size 3.

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-08-2017 at 07:43 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #202  

@kisskiss your transformation is amazing, so inspiring I didn't even think about changing dmv stats, the thought of doing that sounds wonderful! Congrats on your success.
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #203  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
So after taking a break from weighing in I already feel relieved. I was happier over the weekend not knowing what I weighed. I looked in them mirror and didn't see a body labelled by a number - but just my body. It was refreshing! I know it's strange to talk about this in a challenge based on numbers, but I still want to check in and see how everyone is doing =).

Operation workout Rie is not going very well. But I have to, because I'm running a 10K in a month!! So very under prepared for the race, all hopes of breaking my record have been well and truly thrown out the window.

Lianna - As you know, I understand exactly how you're feeling! But you're right, you're not going to lose weight all at once and it's fine to fluctuate. Thanks for the support!

grinchy - I know what you mean, I have no idea how I'm gonna manage over Christmas!

Tohisha - Don't worry! You don't have to reach your goal! Heck, you can go ahead and alter it!! Like I said in my first post, be realistic with your goal! Why not aim for 10 lbs or even 5 lbs?! Don't drop out just because you're not going to reach your initial goal!!
@Riestrella,thanks for the encouraging words.
I was going to drop out,and I got on the scale and it said I'd lost 3lbs.
I guess by Christmas,I could aim for a 5lbs weight loss,I still want to get out of the "20s" so yeah,I'll stay in
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #204  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

kisskiss - Aww shucks, you're the amazing one not me! I mean...just look at you! You have lost an insane amount of weight and you look INFREAKINCREDIBLE now. I mean that! You are such an inspiration to me, I hope that I can get to the same weight some day and look as awesome as you do. Seriously, can't get over how much you've lost! What's awesome is, you lost your weight in all the right places! You've still got boobs and ***! You're one sexy lady, go strut your fine self and be proud of how much you've achieved. I love how humble you are about your method, it gives me hope that I don't need any crazy diet plans or crazy workout schedules to lose weight...just calorie counting and being active is what got you there. Do you mind me asking how many calories you ate? I just wanna get started with whatever it is you've been doing! HUGE congrats on reaching your goal, I hope I still see you around here!!

Tohisha - No problemo, medear. Glad to see you're still sticking with it!! You can do it, every little counts =)

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-26-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #205  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I've left the challenge and I keep trying to post here but I keep deleting it... My brother came to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me for help because he was in a lot of pain, so I took him to the hospital. The "doctor" there made a series of glaring errors which lead to his death. He was 22. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 212/195/120

Height: 5'4"

@Marniadec: I'm so sorry for your loss. There aren't even words to convey the empathy I feel for you. This is a time for you to mourn, and to take care of yourself the best way you can.
whatthefudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 212/195/120

Height: 5'4"

These last few weeks have been challenging for me. I've become my mom's full time caretaker, but that isn't the issue. My parents have always had a tumultuous relationship - lots of arguments in the house. That's been affecting my mom's health to the point where she can't walk for much of the day and needs me with her about 18 hours of the day. I'm completely exhausted. I used to eat the worst when I was stressed and I find myself slipping into those habits again.

Two weeks ago I went to visit some family in another state and I tried my best to stay on track. I counted calories every day as much as I could, but in all those parties (3 big ones with catered food) it became difficult to stay under my calories. I still wrote down what I ate best that I could though, and saw that multiple days I ate twice my calorie allotment or more. D: My weight fluctuated a lot there. I only got a few workouts in.

Now that I'm back home, taking care of my mom takes up my entire day. One time I went for a walk, and she called me crying within half an hour. I don't really have the heart to leave her alone at home any more. My social life is obviously great haha. I'm not sure why I'm sharing all this, I don't know that it's totally related to my weight loss. It's just that between taking care of my mom and cooking dinner every night and taking her to the doctor every day and helping her with little things all day long, I get so tired and I'm having trouble staying motivated. The lack of a routine is something I don't enjoy, that's for sure.

I keep in mind that it's okay if I eat double the calories I'm supposed to, as long as I'm back on track the next day. This is about my health. I'm kinda new here and don't know many people here but everyone and their struggles and successes are so inspiring to me.

@kisskiss: You look so freaking amazing. It's hard to believe that's the same person in those photos! You're such an inspiration, and you did it all by yourself! You seriously give me hope!
whatthefudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #208  

Sorry I'm so horrible about posting. I think being away from these boards but once a week helps me to think about it much less.
I've been fighting a head cold this past week. I haven't been to the gym, but I haven't been eating much either. :/ Just no appetite.
The t-shirt was this super awesome 'Ravenclaw' (Harry Potter-Totally my house) shirt, but it was very very tight on me. It's sad too because it was an xtra large, and womens fit. I'm totally using it as goal!!!
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #209  

KissKiss- I know this sounds werid, but Can I please save your pictures as inspiration and goal? I may need to look at it from time to time...I sometimes get it in my mind that I've always been fat, I always will be fat, and I need this as a reminder that I am young and I can make a change.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

kisskiss - you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! so much congrats are in order!
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote