Old 04-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #301  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks guys. He was 22 and he died five months ago. I'm still in a deep state of denial and I want to keep it that way. But I also can't not tell everyone...

Dot It sounds like you had fun. Drink a glass of water before and after each glass of wine and you'll never get drunk or experience hangovers. I speak from experience. Also, get some sleep!

themilesawaygirl You should stick around. There's no other place to go to anyway. I think that the thinner you are the harder it is to be determined about losing weight. I remember losing tons of weight and having thin friends who couldn't lose 10 pounds. I didn't understand it at all. But now all the things that used to motivate me are gone. I'm nowhere near as determined as I was. I cheat a lot more easily.

So, my period is late. I'm still PMSing. I'm still 500 calories under maintenance but I'll probably eat more. I just finished eating and I'm already hungry.

The scale said 142.78 today and I got all excited but then it went up to 146.96. Normally the lower number is the right one but I don't think the water will go anywhere soon.

Oh and I just heard my dad tell someone in his sleep that I won't stop dieting because I want to be thin but I already am thin and he doesn't understand me at all.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #302  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Thanks all for the reassurance on the quick drops. So far 155, although I saw 154.8 this am after twosies but I won't count that, LOL.

Maria- I totally hate that feeling of being sick due to not eating enough. Maybe something with blood sugar? I wonder. Hope you're feeling better now. LMAO @ your dad. I agree with you that the smaller you get, the harder it is to stay committed.

Dot- I am such a lightweight now, it's not even funny. I totally second Maria's suggestions on drinking a glass of water after each glass of whatever. For me, I did it so that way to give time for the alcohol to kick in because I totally hate it when it hits you then your head is spinning and etcetc. NOT A GOOD FEELING at all. Admittedly, I stopped doing that. I need to start that up again.

Themilesawaygirl- Yes, please stay. Don't go!!! I hear ya on how easy it is to slip back into bad habits. I think that's why I was stuck at 160 for a lonnnnnnng *** time. Just stick with it!!!! I can't wait to see 140, IF EVER.

Have a great day, lovelies!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #303  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Wow, it's nice to see this thread so active! I'm really poofy when it comes to my accountability on this site! Sigh. I did, however, see 144.8 for the past two days though, so I want to hope and pray this sticks.

With that said though, I need a bit of personal advice lol! Anyway, I met a guy about a week ago and I'm really excited that things may be headed in the right direction if our first get-together (tomorrow) goes well. If (and this is a big IF) things go well, I know that in the dating phase where we go out and what not...it will inevitably include eating out and drinking. Now given I haven't really focused on weight loss when I was with my previous ex (in fact, all the gain was while I was with that guy!), this'll be the first time I need to worry about all of this...do you all have any tips? I definitely don't want to go overboard. :P

Also I'm kind of worried. We may hit the beach and it's been awhile since I've felt comfortable in my own skin.

I'll try to check in more regularly! I missed this community for sure!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

themilesawaygirl-My friend played at this cool venue in LA thats like an art gallery warehouse. He did solo rep. Great job being supportive with your boyfriend I think maybe making a really casual suggestion about going to the gym together sounds like a good idea. When measuring you also have to take into account water retention just like the scale My chest always goes up around TOM and so do my hips! Try to measure every month around the same time(I measure in the middle of my cycle to avoid getting bigger measurements from water retention). Also if you're working out your muscles could be swollen so take all that into account when measuring. Let me know how the calipers go, I've been thinking about getting some myself. Would you recommend them? I'm glad you're sticking around even if you've made it into the 30s! Its awesome having you here

marnia-TOM hit me yesterday like a ton of bricks! I totally bumped my calories up a lot the past two days bc if I don't I will end up bingeing Haha that's funny about your dad, my mom grabs me whenever she sees me and yells "Don't lose any more weight! Do yo understand?!" Parents

Amandie-I make sure to drink lots of water and it helps, but I just drink so rarely and have such a low tolerance that it seems like no matter what I end up drunk even after a drink Oh well, at least it keeps me away from alcohol haha

atarimae-Welcome back! Glad to hear from you As far as dating and dieting, look up places ahead of time so you can find the most nutritious dishes or can plan to work the meal into your calorie allotment for the day! Since dating my boyfriend I've lost 20lbs, so its definitely possible to lose weight and date As for the beach-don't worry about it! Confidence is sexy and guys generally don't notice what you think of as flaws and are just super excited to get to have fun with you and see you in a bathing suit

Last edited by Dottington; 04-11-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #305  

Whoops forgot to update on my own life! haha Busy busy next week is the last week of classes then finals, so yeah might not be around as much. I'm really tired still. Eating has been good. Today had to bump calories to 1600 since its TOM and I get so freakin hungry Going to LA to see my boyfriend this weekend and am super excited Will work hard on keeping calories low and getting in exercise
Old 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #306  

Thought I'd add some photos from the concert last weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1310074.jpg (31.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1310061.jpg (42.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1310072.jpg (33.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #307  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Dott - Wow 20 lbs while dating is impressive! Great job! I think I'm just more concerned with the actual part where we're like doing all the exploring and wanting to go out all the time. Though I admit, it's kind of helpful that he has some issues with body image too...since I clearly do myself. Your concert pictures look amaaazing by the way! You're doing so well! And have fun seeing the boyfriend!

~~

Well. Last night didn't go exactly as I hoped. (TMI ALERT!!!) I woke up with the runs, and ended the evening with vomit. I'm most definitely lacking nutrition, given I haven't really been able to stomach more than 600-900 (yes, this is really scary for me) within the past like three to four days. If it keeps up, time for the doctor's!

However, despite the negative health related stuff, the guy I spent last night with was great. I mean, the poor guy had to deal with me puking outside the cafe for goodness sake! Hahaha. Ended up with a couple cuts here and there because we went exploring in the shallow reef area at the beach, but all in all, it was fun!

Also, while I'm not content with my eating habits (or lack of), the scale is being kind. Obviously not in a good way. Agh, but now I'm worried for when the numbers go up! I guess that'll just mean I'm becoming healthy again.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #308  

Atarimae-Thank you! If you guys are both health conscious that's great! Its been difficult to get my bf to become more interested in health/exercising That's awful! What caused it?? Food poisoning? At least your date went well Exploring a reef at night sounds amazing fun! Hope you're feeling better, get in lots of fluids

So far having a great weekend. Yesterday went thrifting with my bf. I got 3 dresses for $18! And most exciting was the sizes One small, one 4, and one 3. I also got a new/never worn, with tags black wedges for $15. My bf got jeans and 2 shirts. Then we went to the swap meet and I mainly people watched My bf know's how much I love kettle corn though and bought me a small bag of it. I know it was unnecessary, but it was so good!(also I ended up sharing it with my bf). Then we went to a thai market to get supplies for dinner. I made pad see ew and it turned out pretty good. Then I got all fancy bc my bf wanted to take me out for drinks in culver. Weirdly enough, we've never gone out for drinks together! We first went to a speak easy type place that was decorated all victorian. I really loved that place, the music, vibe, drinks-all awesome. Then we went to this club bc my bf wanted to dance, but it sucked and there wasn't actually any place to dance :/ Just a little bar and reserved tables. Was super lame and service was rude so we ended up leaving without ordering anything. Then to the culver hotel bar which reminded me of the haunted mansion and had a silent horror movie being projected on the wall. It was cool, the drink was ok, much fancier atmosphere, but pretty crowded. After I finished my drink we walked around then went home.
So calories were pretty disastrous, but I did walk a ton yesterday. Also didn't get too drunk or hungover. I'm pretty sore actually from all the walking in my new super high wedges! lol
Today planning on going to the beach to walk around, then making dinner, do some homework and bed
Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #309  

How is everyone doing? I'm dying here with finals

Eating is challenging with finals but its mainly one thing that's bothering me and I was wondering if you guys had any advice. So with my lower calories I am often hungry. I eat high protein, low-ish carb, and high healthy fats because that seem to be the macro make up that keeps me most satisfied. The problem is when I get to a certain low calorie amount-nothing can keep me from being hungry. The problem of course is if I eat intuitively and don't experience hunger I maintain I'm not talking head hunger either, I mean actual physical, bodily hunger. It takes a lot of mental strength to get through sometimes, especially at night. So how do you guys get through the hunger? What is your take on bodily hunger? Lately, I've been trying to tell myself its not worth it and that I can live with a little discomfort, but last night that didn't work because I was too tired from all the school/work stuff to have the mental fortitude to back away. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #310  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dottington - I dealt with that same type of hunger last week when I worked out for 5 days straight which consisted of 5km runs and strength training. At first I tried to ignore it, then I drank tons of Green Tea, then I just couldn't take it anymore and I ate lots of veggies and fruit combined with good fats. I think I'm gonna have to start calorie-counting again since I find that I've been having trouble losing weight (well, this past week definitely sucked including today - having pizza tonight, ate tons of dessert) but starting tomorrow I'm gonna have to log my calories/food.
I guess, if you really keep having that hunger feeling/pain, try to add in more low-calorie foods to fill your stomach up!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #311  
Breathing.

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone's having an amazing weekend!

My binges have finally been catching up to me. My midsection has gotten bigger. It's so frustrating but I can only blame myself!
I'm having an Easter breakfast with my brother, niece and nephew tomorrow. Pancakes, rolls, bacon, you name it. Then, on Wednesday, I'm finally getting my wisdom teeth taken out (I have 3, all of them under local anesthesia) which means I'll be eating baby food for a couple of days and oh - no gym, obviously!
And then, THEN I will STOP with the binges, buying junk food, skipping out on workouts and I will get back on track and STAY THERE. It's so frustrating to see the scale creep up to 150 lbs. However, my scale sucks and I've been thinking about buying a new one. Once I move it to a different spot in the same room it gives me a completely different number and it's SO FRUSTRATING!
Still though, I seriously need to take a moment and make a plan. I need to start counting calories and keep my cravings in check.

Enough of me, how is everyone else doing?
Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #312  

Height: 5'4

Hoopty I think we are very similar people. I totally feel you with the frustration and self-blame, feels like you're going round in circles right!? Good on you for focusing on getting back on track though, it's often that decision that's the hardest one to make, so you know you're pointing in the right direction, it's just a case of getting back on the wagon to take you there! I hope all goes well with your teeth and they actually get done this time! Maybe use that time to make your plan properly, so when you're all healed up you know what to do and you can start doing it. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Dott Your time with your bf sounds great! It's so nice to have proper 'date time', especially when you've been together for a while As for the hunger thing - I'm with Hoopty - if drinking more water / green tea etc doesn't work, I'll go to what I call my 'free foods'. Basically vegetables with very few calories - cucumber, celery, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, mushrooms etc. They're mostly water but should fill you up.

Atarimae Hope you're feeling better? Glad the date went well though, he sounds like a keeper

As for me, I had a fantastic time over Easter. I visited my best friend whom I've not seen for about 6 months and spent some time with her family and friends. It was so much fun! But after last week's terrible eating, I didn't improve any over the long weekend and I'm firmly back at 141ish, so need to crack down again and stop eating all the chocolate! I'm going to give myself a night off tonight and get back on it tomorrow, making sure I've picked up healthy food for lunches and planning my dinners. I'm out on Thursday and Friday this week so I'll have to work around that, but I'm sure I'll manage somehow! I need to get out of the habit of making excuses, and into the habit of working healthy choices into my lifestyle.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #313  
Breathing.

Hi!

themilesawaygirl - Circles is right...I need to break out of it and get on the healthy path. You and your best friend must've been so excited to see each other again after such a long time! I haven't seen my best friend since May 2012! But we talk on Skype as often as we can. How is it going for you so far? Have you been able to stay on track with food?

--

The surgery went well! Everyone was super nice to me and treated me well My face is swollen but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Same goes with the pain. I am actually able to talk and walk around (when I thought I'd be sitting on the couch all day).
So on Wednesday, the day of the surgery, I ate a big breakfast: a bowl of oatmeal, vanilla soy milk, flaxseeds, a banana, an orange and an apple. I got my wisdom teeth taken out at 1pm and the anesthesia lasted until about 5pm. Throughout the evening I had 3 jars of baby food which were actually really good! Each jar has between 110-140 calories. I slept a lot that night and felt okay the next morning! So yesterday I had about 6 more jars throughout the day which all came out to about 650-900 calories and I thought noooo! I can't stay that low with my calories! I felt super hungry all day, tried eating a banana, ended up mashing potatoes with a little bit of water and some olive oil and, to up the calories, I threw in half an avocado. It was super satisfying and delicious. I went back to the dentist for a check-up and he said that everything was healing very nicely.
Today, I woke up with pain in my jaw. I'm feeling better now but dang, my face has gotten HUGE I have eaten 2 jars of baby food so far and even managed to eat oatmeal with a mashed banana and some vanilla soy milk.

Now some weight-related stuff..
On Wednesday morning I weighed-in at 150 lbs even. Yesterday the number dropped to 147 lbs and this morning I weighed-in at 144.8 lbs. I'm not gonna lie, it's such a good feeling to see the number go down like this but I know that everything will change once I'm back on a normal routine, especially with working out. I have read that you should do weight training rather than cardio after being sick/dieting to 1.) rebuild muscle and as a result 2.) get your metabolism going again. And I think I will start weighing-in daily again to avoid stupid scale surprises.

I haven't made a "plan" yet but I definitely will this weekend! I'm also gonna make food lists and plan out meals. I'm a very organized person and love logging/writing things down so I'm gonna head out to the city tomorrow to buy a new notebook.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #314  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

159 hello 150's
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #315  
Fatbuster

S/C/G: 165/126.2/115

Height: 5'6

Almost out of the 150s...I can't wait for the 140s....
daydreamangel is offline   Reply With Quote