Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

I'm back... Again. Still stuck in the 150s like I have been for years. I started back on track last week and lost 2lbs this week putting me at 154. Hoping to see the 140s next month. Good luck ladies!
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Samantha Daisy Hey! I know it can get frustrating, I totally know for me my body has these kind of "set points". But you've already lost 2lbs, that's awesome! You CAN get to the 140s!

Well, this weekend wasn't good....at all. I thought "Oh I can go off GF just for one meal!" Well as soon as I had some bread I was insatiable. I got these super intense cravings that lasted through yesterday and just wanted to CONSUME. It was trippy. Also got stomach aches and was super tired. It was Friday night I went off, so Sat was a wreck and Sunday was still pretty bad. Basically, I really can't cheat. Bleh.

Anyways today classes start again for Spring semester I made potato GF pasta last night, "fried" baked GF veggie meatless nuggets to put onto my salads, hard boiled eggs, and mixed together some DF veggie cream cheese. So I'm ready for the next 5 days!

Anyone else back to classes?

Oh, so minor NSV this weekend. I tried to go thrift store shopping(but thrift stores here suck, really I've gotten spoiled on LA thrift stores!) and for fun tried on two pairs of junior size 7 jeans. And they fit! They were super unflattering and in weird early 2000 style cuts BUT they fit :3
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #168  

Back to my healthy eating and weight was down to 144.8! That's the lowest number I ever get to lately and I'm crossing my fingers that I will break past it this week!

First week back is interesting and ended up having to change my schedule :/ But I think it will work out in the long run

You know, people have commented that I look slimmer. Its weird bc I haven't lost weight since Nov But as I've said before my clothes have been getting bigger....so at least people are noticing!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Dottington!! Its great to get that outside reminder that even when the scale isn't moving, the progress is obvious.

I've been putting off coming back to this thread, because I've been not very dedicated to really getting my butt in gear and committing to getting out of the 140s. Mental breaks are great but I've finally been easing back into focused effort. Still trying to break myself of the Christmas treat yo self routine though.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #170  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

The last time I logged in previous to last night was September. What a shame! I did manage to lose a few pounds during the time I was gone, which is great given the holidays! I kind of figured I might need a little more support if I want to break into the 140s though, so here I am again. Sitting at 150.8 as of this morning!

~~

Dottington ~ Wow, that's great! That number on me would put me into the normal range. Can't wait to be there. Also, congrats on that NSV! It's always a great reminder that the scale numbers aren't /everything/

dehtripper ~ Welcome back! Admittedly, I've been the same way. I've been in the, "I don't need to be serious if I'm not posting here," mentality, but in reality...I do want to be serious about my goals.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #171  

dehtripper Good to hear from you! I agree that mental and weight loss breaks and taking time to treat yo self(haha too funny) are important. For me, November and December were really just about maintaining and staying sane. Now we're back to working hard though and we'll both be into the 30s soon

Atarimae Welcome back! That's great that you were able to lose weight during the holidays! I made my goal maintaining so I commend anyone who can lose during that time! Wow you are SOOO close to the 40s! I bet with a few days of hard work you break into them

So I broke past my stupid low weight of 144.8! Over the past couple months I would always bounce down there then back up then back down ect I'm now 144.4 I know .4lbs might not seem like a lot, but man, when you're in these lower decades every lb becomes such a struggle! I started noticing it at around the mid 50s when things just got super hard. Gone are the good old days of the 70s and 80s where I swear I hardly tried and it melted off! I know though that 145-155 is a set point for me though from past experience. Do you guys have set points? Weights its really hard for you to break past?

School is in full swing. I've been having bad insomnia though Going to take a nap today. Yesterday I was non stop from 9:30-7 with school and work and I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep! Last night at 3AM I finally took something to help me fall asleep so it was 6 hours last night. bleh.

Since my weight dropped I decided to take some measurements. My stupid waist has hardly budged during the last 15lbs or so! Its so odd because when I first started my waist just melted and it was awesome. Now though it's staying put and my legs and arms are slimming down. I kind of miss my old measurements when I was a super hourglass. I've just been a little insecure because my bf has been making comments about me not needing to lose any more weight and to stop where I am. I still have a lot of fat to lose though and for my particular goals(especially for hiking) I really need to trim down more!
Are the people in your lives supportive of your efforts? Have you noticed a change in people's attitudes towards your weight loss efforts as you move into these lower number?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #172  

Atarimae - yay for being soooo close to the 140's! Its so motivating to see people of similar height/weight

Dottington - It feels good to be back at losing and back in this thread. Glad I'm not the only one who relates to the treat yo self. I think your goal of straight up maintenance is a great idea over the holidays. I was originally half-heartedly trying to keep losing, but was much more able to enjoy the holidays without guilt once I just embraced the season and aimed at keeping steady.

I tooooootally hear you on the change in loss rate now vs when I was in the higher decades! I would (will) be thrilled to see a solid 0.4lb loss at this point, but also felt like the 180's until ~152ish came off without much stall at all. I haven't ever put much thought to set points for me before, mainly because I have weighed myself so rarely in my former life that I don't know when/at what point I was ever stable. Though size-wise I'd guess that I was around the 150's-ish consistently in high school if I had to guess so perhaps that is what I'm dealing with. I started losing this time last year, lost ~65lbs by august and have been within the same 5-7lbs (depending on bloat) since. I can't call it a plateau, because I KNOW I haven't been as strict with my eating, but more a mental plateau, urging me to take a break.

tl;dr - Agreed, losing is hard as we get smaller and brain-breaks sometimes are needed.

Also your other question about support - I had a couple people make light comments assuming I'm "done" now, but no straight out "you DON'T need to lose more" ones. :/ Even so, its hard to mentally support myself to keep going now that I'm basically healthy. I can imagine those kind of comments would just perpetuate my complacency. For me, I think I've been needed to re-frame my goals (like you were saying with fitness for hiking). Last stage - must eat less. obese me must go. Next - get a waistline? Focus on agility, endurance etc to make it to our A-level derby team? This makes me pumped for the pyramid challenge.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 203/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Dottington Finally 159.5 so officially joining this thread
lulubellebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #174  

lulubellebc Awesome!

dehtripper I never thought about it but you're totally right about needing some bigger overarching goal to get through the final phase of weight loss. I know its hard sometimes because I'm like "Well I'm healthy, a good weight, good size....why am I doing this again?" haha but yeah for me hiking really keeps me motivated because getting to the speeds I want requires me to weigh less. I think your idea about making an A-level derby team is awesome! I too am really excited for the pyramid challenge

About plateaus-I don't really believe in physical ones except in the case of serious medical issues. I think all plateaus and set points are pretty much mental. For me, its like my bmr will drop which means I need to drop my calories to continue losing but my body will fight that and make me ravenous so its really hard to actually drop them and takes a while for me to get used to it.

Ah so busy, tons of homework and only the first week back T_T So I talked with my bf last night about how he's made me a bit insecure with the comments about me not needing to lose more weight and he apologized and said he didn't mean anything serious by it. So yeah, we worked that out and I feel better about it all

Weight bounced up again, but its not that big of a deal because I do feel a little bloated this morning and I ate more sodium than normal yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dottington; 01-16-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #175  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Dottington ~ Wow congrats on the new lows! I definitely have had people tell me that such and such number is enough for me. At my height, 145 is the highest of what's considered a "normal" weight, but I'd love to get down to like...well, 125. Haha! That's still quite a ways away, but my family keeps telling me that another 10-15 pounds (from where I am) is fine. Just focus on a goal that makes YOU happy. Whether it be the inches or the pounds or just your overall health/stamina/endurance, your happiness is what's important.

dehtripper ~ I really like your attitude on plateaus vs mental plateaus. I think after I lost my initial 20 pounds, I kind of "let myself go" and got back up to where I started. Essentially the 174 to 154 would yo-yo back and forth (granted it would be something like 174 to 154 to 170 to 152 to 160 to where I am now) and I just realized I put in that much work just to get back to where I initially was! I have to commend you if your mental plateau/break didn't cause a yo-yo effect like me.

lulubellebc ~ Welcome to a new decade! It's always great to welcome someone new in, especially when they're happy to move down!

~~

I need. TO...stop relying on the scale so much. I noticed once I start getting into my "health fixes," as I'd like to call them, there's this obsession with the scale that comes with. Not that it's exactly a bad thing, but it would be great if I'd focus on things other than that number, you know?

Though today is not exactly a ~*complain about the number I just witnessed on the scale*~ kind of day, since it did claim I broke my first glimpse of...A NEW DECADE! 149.6 this morning. Sure hope this sticks, though this pretty much reaffirms my scale obsession.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #176  

Atarimae Congrats on breaking into the 40s! Knew you could do it About the scale, I too get really attached to the number which is why I will take breaks. This summer I took a break from the scale and focused a lot of exercise. I ended up losing no weight but I did lose a dress size. I think scale breaks can be pretty important. But they are really scary too. I think the reason we get so attached to the number is because it seems more "real" and an embodiment of our efforts that is quantifiable. Maybe take a month long break and just focus on being healthy, nutrition, exercise, and how your clothes fit and see how that works for you

Speaking of the scale....totally up again today Although I don't think its that confusing because I really didn't drink enough water yesterday and my sodium was wayyy higher then usual. But I'm still counting this week as a victory despite the scale because I did see that 144.4 and that's the lowest weight I've ever been able to break into.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #177  

I am tired of being in the 140s. A little over five pounds to go till I hit the 130s!

@Dottington I know how you feel about being really tired... whenever I have days off from school and work, all I want to do is laze around and watch TV. I have also given up coffee which makes it worse.
arzu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #178  

arzu1991 Hey we're the same weight, height, and have the same goal weight! Too cool I admire you being able to give up coffee! You are way more brave then me Hey, we are soooo close to the 130s, I'm sure we will be there before we know it!

Weekend is going well. At the bf's in LA. Yesterday went thrift store shopping and found some great tops. Pants though are the hardest. I know I've ranted about pants many time and sizing in general but seriously it gets me so mad I have a 26 in waist, and 35 in hips. I can never find anything that fits both! My stupid backside makes trying on pants the most depressing thing ever. Ugh! What about you guys??? How do you feel about pants? Any of you also have the trouble of finding pants that fit your rear? Any suggestions on a brand for those of us with a big booty?

Today we're going to the natural history museum and I'm excited to see dinosaurs! Then out for gf, df ethiopian food.

How's everyone's eating going this weekend? Mine is actually wayyyy better then normal. I think a big reason is because I really am limited with the whole gf, df. Last night we found a restaurant that did gluten free vegan pizza. It was super good but wayyyyy over priced. There's this amazing pizza place on the east side that does the same thing for way cheaper, but we didn't feel like driving. From now on though we'll just make the drive since everywhere else is stupidly over priced for gf, df.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #179  

Glad I'm not the only one who needs some mental re-framing sometimes.

Dottington - Re. Pant sizes, I'm the complete opposite haha. I have like NO butt. I'm like 37/36 hips, and 32 waist. Its getting better as I lose + squats, but I find most pants fit in the butt but then cut me off in the waist where they nip in or are baggy-everyting & fit in the waist. Though this year I finally found a couple pairs that fit awesome (American Eagle, size 8 oh yeaaaa). Anyhow, yes pant sizing SUCKS!!!! Sending sympathy from the too-little backside, too much waist camp

I had an off-ish weekend, full of curry and yummy beer. Back at it today though. I made homemade-naan this weekend and its taking every inch of willpower not to eat ALL THE NAAN. Crazy flavourful foods remind me I'd rather enjoy healthy portions of super tasty foods than eat a crap tonne of mediocre diet food any day.

Also a funny - I had a bunch more tattoo work on my sleeve Friday, mostly in the armpit-area. I've never swelled that much before! The swelling gave a super awesome old-lady wobbly bingo-wing. Like a ghost of flabby arm future. Now back to the gym to keep that at bay
Old 01-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #180  

dehtripper haha loved the visual of the ghost bingo wing. i really think pants just don't work for anyone and therefore we should all go pantless! That's great you found some jeans that do work though(and great job on the size 8!). Omg I love curry soooo much and naan too! Maybe you can freeze it so its not so tempting? I do that with treats sometimes so I have to actively get it out and heat it up that way I don't mindlessly eat.
You should post a pick of the new work you got done on your sleeve once the swelling has gone down!

Well, I accidentally had some gluten yesterday and that made my moods and body go crazy Luckily it wasn't very much so I should be back to normal today. I had a lot of fun with the bf yesterday though. We had a great time at the museum, I'm including some pics. I love seeing the dinosaurs! Then we went on this epic walk to this vegan gf ethiopian restaurant, and it ended up being closed. So instead we went to this amazing vegan place on the east side(why does the east side have the best food???). Then we walked around the lake at Echo Park. We did a good deal of walking which made me happy because we were supposed to go hiking but bf wasn't feeling it since its been really warm(I think 80s is perfect but he thinks its too hot ).

Off from school today but not work. Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (41.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (31.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (17.0 KB, 12 views)