Old 03-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 165/106/96

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
OK, so if you're going somewhere casual you can wear your normal work gear, pick your favourite out of whatever fits at the moment. Maybe find some fancy shoes, fix your hair or paint your nails, something to make you feel good. It sounds like you've had to deal with a lot of negativity recently, on top of struggling with your health so I'm not surprised you're self-conscious! Takes a lot to shake that off and I think you're dealing with it really well, you're obviously a very strong person and I applaud you for your determination and resilience.

I'm sure once you get there you'll relax and enjoy yourself You might feel out of practice, but you're into health too! That's why we're here. So you can talk about your goals, getting back into hiking etc. I'm sure you'll have much more in common than you think! Have a great time, do let us know how it goes!
I think the date went OK. I like the guy and certainly would like to go out again. He has some strong views and I'm not sure we totally agree on everything. We discussed all of the subjects we weren't supposed to. We went from drinks to a casual dinner across the street and he gave me a closed lip kiss goodnight. He said he would call tomorrow so let's see if that happens. I think I'll text him in the morning to say I had a nice time.
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:29 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Soon2BSlender-So glad you had a nice time on your date! It sounds like you were able to relax I always like to get the stuff you're not supposed to talk about out of the way first haha Idk I like debating so I think it can be fun to be with a guy who you don't entirely see eye to eye with on all the major issues(as long as he's a good debater that is ) I think texting him you had a nice time is a good idea.

TheMilesAwayGirl-I think focussing on slipping up less everyday is one of the best way to get yourself back into the swing of things. I actually really like thinking of it that way Keep it small and with time those healthy habits will form again. Where you able to find a new exercise or lifting plan you like?

Its spring break!!!!! Definitely need this. There's been way too much drama and work lately. Luckily the issues that were causing a lot of stress for me this past week are resolved. The scale is still stupid though!!! I just want to chuck that thing off a cliff sometimes I'm about to start TOM(joy) and my weight luckily dropped back to 144 area. I'm hoping that dropping my calories to 1400s will move things along. I've finally adjusted to eating less, wasn't too bad. Today I felt like I ate a lot, but only ended up around 1600s Ugh I really want to go hiking and I need to if I want to make my exercise goal for the pyramid challenge this week but we've been having this stupid storm and there are flash flood warnings for many of the hills where I would go hiking I actually don't mind hiking in the rain, but its a matter of convincing my boyfriend to go haha
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #243  

Dottington, spring break sounds terrific! I need a vacation so badly. I hope you're having fun on your anniversary date!

The guy from last night invited me to watch a movie at his place tonight. I declined so we'll see if there is another date (in a public place).
Old 03-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #244  

Soon2BSlender-yeah good call declining the movie at his place, seems a bit soon. I'd be wary too. Thanks I had a wonderful time!

So we ended up going to a different place, but I'm so glad we did because the place we ended up going was incredible and was also entirely gluten free(aside from one item, which ironically my bf got haha). http://www.theshojin.com/cchome.htm I got the pirates of the crunchy roll, peach sake, and savory onion crispy rice. Was seriously AMAZING. It was so nice to be able to go somewhere fancy and be able to eat everything! Also my bf told them it was our anniversary so the servers really went above and behind. They even took a picture of us holding this heart and gave it to us as the end printed out in a card wishing us a happy anniversary. I wore my black romper, back leopard print tights, 6in suede heels, and a black blazer. Tried to curl my stick straight hair, but even with tons of spray the rainy weather wouldn't allow for it
Didn't count cals yesterday. Back on plan today. Really hoping sticking to my new plan this week will show a good loss by my official weigh in on sat! hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 4-3.jpg (41.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3-3.jpg (24.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5-2.jpg (31.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #245  

Dottington that's fairly near where I work, I'll have to try it out! You look adorable. I love your romper.

I was weighing in at 143 for a few days and it actually looked like I was going to register at 141, but today my scale came in at 146. I ate 1500 calories two days in a row so I guess that's what I get. I'll be keeping it bland this week and trying to stick to 1200 calories or less. I have got to get out of the 140s!

Last edited by Soon2BSlender; 03-03-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #246  

Soon2BSlender-Thanks! You should really check it out! So yummy That really sucks about the scale I really hate how low we have to keep calories to get these last lbs off. I keep telling myself though that I just have to push through it. If we both work hard we will be in the 30s in a month or two!

Blah yesterday I was trying to get back on plan but ended up eating more around maintenance. I've been away from my scale since I was at my boyfriends and now I'm at my parents. I'm scared of seeing the damage tomorrow. Sigh. Just got to keep going I guess. Today I'm going hiking with my dad in Palm Springs. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #247  

Feeling good today! Yesterday did an 8 mile, 1600ft vertical gain, 2.5 hour hike averaging 2.8mph I have been so down on myself, really feeling fat and out of shape so I was happy to see that no, I am in good shape and really have come so far. I went with my dad who is a super mountain man and I think he kind of planned the whole thing to boost my confidence bc I had told him I thought I'd only be able to do 4 miles and probably only 2mph Its so nice to be so wrong about one's abilities sometimes! haha

Anyways today had been good. Caught up with an old friend over coffee, slept in, going to work and practice in a bit. Today eating has been spot on. Smoothie for breakfast, goat cheese, nuts, hard boiled egg, avocado, and gluten free crackers for lunch. Going to a bbq tonight and will pick up tofu dogs and veggies to grill Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Also, including a couple picks from the hike bc the views are amazing! This was Murray Peak hike in Palm Springs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1620725_10201637532202386_1533609648_n.jpg (21.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1962717_10201637532682398_1501463601_n.jpg (28.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #248  

Yesterday was on plan. So far I've been doing really well this week. Scale isn't budging though but TOM is starting bleh. Holding at 144.8 Really hoping tomorrow will give me a lower number.

I'm so excited to go to see my friend in Catalina tomorrow! I can't wait for snorkeling, hiking, and exploring Also, my mom knows I've been wanting a spiralizer so she got one for me! Yes! I can't wait to play with it

Going to attempt to try and buy a bathing suit again tonight Let's hope I don't have a repeat of last time where everything was huge in the bust and stomach but too tight and legs and bum and made it looks like my thighs were fat sausages poking out
Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 AM   #249  

Dottington, I hope you had or are having a nice time in Catalina! I am dreading bathing suit shopping. I've been looking online a bit, but I'm hoping to get some pounds off before I really need to be back in a bikini.

My TOM started today so I've been bloated and feeling bleh as well. I'm holding at 145, as usual. My calories have been pretty on track, but I've had some really salty food these last few days so that's just adding to the bloat.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #250  

Soon2BSlender-I had an amazing time! I'm sorry about the bloating, I've noticed I'm very prone to swelling up when I have salt, its so lame. How is everything else going for you? Having you found places to hike near you?

Catalina was AWESOME! I exercised sooo much too. It felt great to be in nature and be so active. I can't wait till summer!!!! Only 6 more weeks

Eating wise, I'm doing really well. Lately I've been craving liquid foods, its totally random and very not me but I'm going with it and hoping I'll see some result from the scale. I still jump all around 145 But I'm also very sleep deprived and I've noticed my weight goes up or stalls when I don't get enough sleep. I won't be able to really sleep again till Friday night so I'm just counting down the days and powering through. Today I think I actually got 10,000 steps in and only ate 1350.

How many calories do you all eat? What about with exercise? What does maintenance seem to be for you? For myself maintenance seems to be somewhere around 1800 if I don't exercise and 2300 if I'm active. I'm a little disappointed bc I made that whole new calorie plan and have been eating less and moving more this month after realizing my calories were too high last month, but I haven't seen the pay off yet :/ Bleh. Just gotta wait it out and keep going I guess.

Last edited by Dottington; 03-12-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #251  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys.

I got strep throat last week and I lost most of the regain. I'd gone down to 153.5 lbs and then up to 165. As of today I weigh 155.6. I only have two lbs left to lose the regain and then I'll have 1.5 lb left for goal. Not that it's really my goal but still.

I'm thinking of joining a gym when I go home. I have Hashimoto's and severe iron deficiency, I'm always stressed out and I don't eat enough. When I add exercise on top, I just get burned out too quickly. But I'm just too flabby... So, maybe I could try two full body workouts once a week. And no cardio. I usually walk about two hours a day anyway and walking is all I can do because of my knees, so there's no point. I wish we could try gyms for free in Greece...

Also, I've been trying to create a signature here but I can't find the tickers?
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:00 AM   #252  

Marniadec, it looks like you have made tremendious progress! I'm sorry you got sick and I hope that you're feeling better now. Congratulations on being so close to goal!

I have thyroid problems along with some other health issues so I understand how frustrating it is.

I've been stuck at 145 for so many months! I think I've been at about 145 since maybe August or September, when I first hit that high number. I've been dieting the whole time but nothing has helped. I too am stressed out and have health problems which have made exercising more difficult these past few months. I generally eat about 1000-1200 calories a day, but my weight doesn't budge. I'm thinking of adding in Yoga and slowly getting back to lifting heavier weights.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #253  

Marnie-great job getting all the regain off! I feel you on the iron, I have issues with that too :/ To get a siggy just go under User CP at the top left of the page, then on the left side it says edit signature and there it will walk you through setting up a ticker

Soon2BSlender-I've been jumping around 145 since Nov. 1st I'm kind of at a loss myself too since I work so hard to be healthy, count calories, and do as much exercise as I can but just can't break into the 130s. We will figure this out though, we just need to keep tweaking an experimenting and we will find the missing component.

Scale between 143-147 all week. I'm so f-ing sick of it. I think I'm going to have my boyfriend take my scale away for all of April. Its really upsetting me. The weird thing is though, when I look at photos from 2-3 months ago I look different now and people have commented on it too. Hmm. Stupid scale
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #254  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi all, I finally can "officially" join in this thread since I weighed in at 159.8 yesterday!

Looking forward to meeting you all.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #255  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Soon2BSlender it gets really frustrating. And I just remembered the dreaded water retention. I bloat very easily and it's very difficult for me to get the water to budge. When I work out I gain up to 6 lbs and by the time I've lost them, I have to work out again. I just can't deal with it anymore, it infuriates me... Have you been checking your thyroid? I lose weight normally when my meds are adjusted. And I've been doing much better since I started taking t3 along with the t4.

Dottington, I can't create a signature because the link is broken. I was just wondering if there's a new link and if someone knows it. My ferritin is 5 and my iron is 19 right now. It sucks a bit, doesn't it?

amandie, welcome and congrats!

Last edited by Marniadec; 03-13-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote