Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella You are doing so awesome with the whole no coke thing, don't worry about talking to us about it haha, I think it's a great thing you're achieving!! Sounds like you've had and still have a few food challenges coming up - all the best of luck! I think you've got the right attitude though The pasta dish I made is pretty simple. I use my le creuset dutch oven but any sort of biggish/deep pot/pan would probably work. Finely chop an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, chop the chicken, broccoli, cauliflower and mushrooms into bite size pieces. Make sure you've also got a little butter, a little flour and about a cup of low sodium chicken stock (or vege) at the ready. I used about... 500gm total chicken raw, maybe about a cup each of brocc and cauli and I only had two button mushrooms but I probably would have used four if I'd had them. I have weights of the veges but that's probably not as useful! Here is how I made it:
Cooked chicken in two batches in a nonstick pan with no oil - because I wanted to weigh it cooked haha.
Heat up the big pot, heat a little oil (like less than a tbsp). Fry onions and garlic, making sure to stir so they don't stick. Here's the naughty part - I used about 10gm of butter and a tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce. Make a well in the onions, melt the butter in there, dump the flour, mix around, then add about 1/4 of the stock. I used a whole cup of low sodium chicken stock total.
Add the vegetables and chicken back in and gradually add more stock, stirring to make sure everything is coated and the sauce doesn't end up TOO thin. It won't be super thick, but if you add the stock too fast it doesn't work as well. Put the lid on for a few minutes to steam the veges through a little more.
Add whatever seasonings you like - I just did a bit of salt, pepper, some paprika and some cayenne pepper, but it's really open.
Cook about 140gm (dry weight) of any type of pasta while this is happening, or do it first and set aside. Penne or spirals are best.
Combine the chicken/vege mixture and the pasta mixture - serve!
I am so not good at telling people how to cook haha, I reread that and I am so sorry if it doesn't make sense!

sun Dumb about your personals getting lost but super good on the running and feeling less uncomfortable. Hope the pizza was good!

~Did what I said I would and got up super early to run this morning. I was out the door running at 7.30am, I did just over 7km and now I'm about to go rinse out my hair dye because I just did that too. Before 10am and I'm feeling accomplished for a holiday Friday! Just have to try to keep my eating in check this weekend!!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #107  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Wow Rainbow, my goal was just to get up early enough to call the UK, unfortunately I wasnt even awake before 10am!!! Go you!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #108  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

rainbow Nice productive morning! My day was not so good.

I ate alot today. My tom is just around the corner plus feeling sick and doing nothing all day equaled a very bad eating day. I feel gross. Water will be my friend tomorrow. ZFeeling like I let myself down. Food seems to be so hard to control this time around. Last time I was losing I started with just walking and dropped 6 lbs in the first month and that motivated me to fix my eating. This time around I can't seem to shake more than 3 lbs and that is with watching my eating most of the time. anyhow I guess I need to get off the pity party wagon and get on with it. thanks for listening
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon It was tough, but it happened haha!

sun Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope you feel better tomorrow!

~I forgot to mention that I weighed lower than last week today, which I was happy about. Also I updated my ticker because it was annoying me that it wouldn't show half kilograms or any decimal point at all and I wanted it to haha.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #110  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Sun- I understand where you're coming from. I have been feeling horrible yesterday and today. I hope you feel better soon, and don't give up! You can do it. :-)

Rie- I sympathize, I love English candy way too much, lol. Good job cutting out soda, I am trying to do so myself but since I was sooo hooked on it in the past it is a hard habit to break. I drink green tea sometimes though and it helps. :-)

---
It has been an interesting few days. I have been feeling downright horrible because of spring allergies and the changes to my meds. I wasn't able to exercise today and ate next to nothing. I did get some fast food for lunch and it was gross, which was weird because I normally can't resist. I couldn't even finish it, I just threw it away and felt like I had wasted six bucks. Maybe that's a good thing though.

My fiancé is coming over tomorrow and I'm excited about that. Hopefully by then I will be feeling a little less gross. :-) It will be my last few days of Spring Break, since I go back to school on Monday. Not particularly looking forward to that but hopefully it won't be too bad.

Well, I am going to go to sleep I think, as it is late here. Have a good night all.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #111  
sun

rainbow Awesome on a new lower weight! Its so rewarding to see that number go down

namaste Having fun with your fiance? Sorry you are feeling horrible hoping you feel better soon.

So I ran today and worked my butt off. Waiting for TOM and hoping to see a whoosh. Yesterday i went to the beach with friends and totally over ate But today I was really good and am even under my calories so hoping it will balance out. How is it going ladies?
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #112  
sun

Where is everyone? So I am up 2 lbs. Have my period so I am contributing it to that and overeating a couple days ago. DD is super sick so just dealing with that for now. Not sure if I will get a run in or not. Feeling that first day bloated gross achiness.
Feeling so bleh lately. When is this weight loss going to pick up some momentum? I feel like I am making the effort but the fat is stubbornly sticking on. So discouraging.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #113  
sun

took some one month before and after pics. Not much improvement but some I guess.

Last edited by sun; 04-02-2013 at 10:36 PM.