Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #46  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Qb Aw nice about your boots hope you have fun

rainbow cute pic Did you enjoy your dinner? You seem to be getting ablot of exercise/ That is nice. I am running 5/6 days a week but not nearly as far as you yet. I am just up to 2 miles. Working on getting to 3 miles/5kms.

Last night I had a dinner party at my place and didn';t get my run in as it was a super busy day. boo. I miss it. I will run today before my fil comes for his 5 day visit. BUt first I need to clean up after the party! haha TOO many dishes. I am having hard time getting in enough water. I usually get about a liter in. Its hard.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey guys!! sorry i've been absenty recently! here's some super long personals to make up for it! lol.

Rainbow: oh is that the actor's name? i had a feeling it might be the same since we both like dorky boys i'm giving myself a Criminal Minds break though cuz i'm scared to go to sleep at night... lol. i've started watching Downton Abbey. everybody's been recommending it to me for ages! that's lame about the dress!! i also ordered a bunch of stuff online recently, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but i only got half, so i was really grouchy! guess we have to wait longer...

your bf may have a point though... i think the constant dieting, and then gaining the weight back, may have f-ed up our metabolism over the years... i'm super frustrated these days as well cuz i'm losing weight so painfully slow, even though i am quite good. like 2-3lbs a month or something, which is ridiculous considering i am eating clean and in small amounts, very low carbs, and i exercise everyday. and then i got nothing for all my hard work. but i think maybe we have to accept our metabolisms might just be slow. i dunno. life's unfair. but yeah, maybe a relaxing of the obsession over the whole thing is due!

but congrats on your anniversary! 5 years, that is awesome!!
zoo trip sounds fun! it's great that you still can have fun dates like that after 5 years! love the hello kitty shirt

QB: how was the party? yeah, i dunno how long he has to wait to take the test again. i think in April he was saying. actually, he can just take it whenever but he said he wouldn't have time to study... it's such a stupid test anyways, cuz his english is amazing. but i think i've realized why he's not doing good. it's cuz in the test, he has to express his opinions about stuff, and in Japanese culture, you never learn that in school. they don't learn how to write essays like we do or give summaries of stuff... it's kinda shocking really, but they just don't. then you get this foreign test like this and he just doesn't know how to do it. which doesn't reflect on his english ability at all, but there you go...

sun: a belated welcome to you! good luck! sounds like you're doing good though. don't be too hard on yourself!! do you run a lot? i am always baffled and amazed by runners, because it's not something that'll ever be in my future! haha!!

Soooo... i've noticed it's mostly just Rainbow and QB up in here... what happened to all our regular posters from feb?? i hope they didn't just give up... you know, i was thinking about it the other night, and it's about that time when all the people who had such good new years resolutions give up on them... makes me sad... DON'T GIVE UP, PEOPLE!!!

ok, so as for me...

like i told rainbow above, i am having massive issues with this impossibly slow weightloss of mine... it's just refusing to go down and it's making me so frustrated *sigh* i know i'm not doing anything "wrong" and my body just hates me. also, i am around the weight that i've given up at every single time in the past. when i get around 165, i dunno. something happens, my body refuses to lose, i give up. well, i will not give up this time, but still. 3lbs a month is so depressing. i was hoping to be 160 by the time the new school year starts in April, and THAT's not gonna happen... and i also want to be 150 for when i go home in august... i try to tell myself that progress is progress... and even if it takes a year it'll still be worth it. but i just feel like i'm working so hard... bah!

in other matters, it was "White Day" the other day. if you don't know, Japan has this really warped idea of what Valentine's Day is, which is a day when girls HAVE to give chocolates to boys. technically, boys they like, but there is this whole system where you're supposed to give them to your male friends and coworkers as well... it's f-ed. but anyways. then on White Day (March 14), the guys are supposed to return the favor by giving back either more chocolate, or a more expensive present, to the girls who gave them chocolate (this doesn't work for the friends and coworker part, so see, girls get screwed anyways). so bf and i decided we were gonna have an awesome White Day date and i was gonna make it my cheat day so we went to a nice sushi restaurant and had awesome sushi!! I wanted to go see OZ but bf said it wasn't his cup of tea, so we just came back to my place and watched movies and had lots of snacks and wine. oh boy, the wine. lol. i got so drunk!! i've never been drunk on wine in my life but this was pretty bad... surprisingly, i wasn't hungover at all the next day, but just feeling pretty weak. haha.

well anyways. weight was up after the cheat day, but now it's back down to normal so we'll see if i can get to that $#&@*!! 75kg marker by next week. now i am off to do my dreaded workout 5 from Body Revolution. god, i hate you so much workout 5... lol. wish me luck!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

The Festival was SO MUCH fun. And the weather (for some reason) was great all day! Everyone was completely confused -- our weather apps kept saying "it's raining! It's going to rain" and it never did. Which was great!
And I don't think I was too terrible when it came to calories either. Though all the beer means I am very, very bloated today. Didn't weigh in this morning, so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

I am so, so tired. Woke up yesterday at 6.30 so I could get ready (we were meeting up at 9am) and then we were at the festival from noon til about 8pm. Then went to someone's house for a party until I took a cab home around midnight. It's going to be an early night for me for sure!

rainbow Sorry you got rain at the zoo! What a shame. The picture is pretty though. I wasn't sure if there were any animals specific to New Zealand that would be at your zoo.

sun Nice that your party went well. Dishes afterwards are the worst. It's the only downside to cooking.

Kawaii That's a shame about the test. I had no idea that they didn't learn that in school! Wow. I can't imagine school without essays.
Your White Day sounds like it was fun. Good luck with your weight. Have you tried changing your calorie intake to mix things up a bit?
Yes, I noticed that many of us have disappeared. Wasn't February busier chat-wise? Wish people would come back.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #49  
sun

kawaiiSounds like you had a fun evening. Its good that your weigh is back to where is was before. I ran 5 times this week. Not very long just 2 miles altogether with the walking. Getting to 3 miles non stop is hard!

QB Sounds like you had fun at the festival. Get some sleep

SO my father in law is here and I have been so busy taking care of cooking and cleaning. I am so tired as i went to bed so late last night. I might take a nap now. I ran and it was hard! I can't imagine this getting easier but it does haha. I ran 3 five minute runs and then walked for about 20 minutes. Will do it again tomorrow Eating is not going so great. boo

Last edited by sun; 03-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

sun It's weird how you actually miss a run, like really miss being able to do it when something gets in the way! Hope you get some good sleep in soon

Kawaii So lame about the dress haha, they said I'll get a refund if it doesn't arrive today. Still trying to decide whether I'll try to repurchase, not impressed after this haha! Your White Day date sounds fun!! I want to see Oz, not sure who I'll go with though haha. Slow weightloss is SO annoying. I thought it would be fine since I never really gained a lot back and lost it all fairly slowly the first time, but no, my body is stubborn as.

QB Glad to hear the festival was great, that's so awesome about having good weather! We do have some native creatures at our zoo, like birds and reptiles, but NZ actually doesn't have any native mammals!! Hope the beer doesn't affect you too much!

~FINALLY it's Monday and for the first time in ages, I haven't had a gain over the weekend! Probably all the walking on Saturday haha.

We've had super fine weather for ages here, we've actually been declared in drought, but we finally had some rain over the weekend, it was quite nice. Just need to get myself some kind of rain jacket for running - I don't know how good I'll be at running in the rain, but I have to try! Auckland can be pretty rainy, and, looking forward, apparently Vancouver is also rainy, so I better get used to it!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #51  

QB: that's awesome! i'm glad the weather held up and you had a good time! yeah, the education system is SO weird here... they do write essays, but not opinion ones, and the way of writing is different. they totally don't get the introduction-development-conclusion styling of things... it has made for some frustrating times with me trying to teach more advanced students!! let me tell you! yeah, another friend suggested upping my calories... that i might not be eating enough... the thing is, i don't count my calories! so i'm worried about how much more i should eat! lol.

sun: well, i dunno how long a mile is, but i'm sure i couldn't do that! lol. cardio is my bane... so props to you!! good luck with your eating though!

rainbow: that is so lame... yeah, i'd be weary as well. my thing though, i think, has just not been sent yet. it's like, when you pay you can chose a day of delivery, which i did, but i didn't really get the second confirmation email... plus it's all in japanese so, so confusing... T_T anyways, at least i haven't paid yet! that's the awesome thing about online shopping in japan, you don't need a credit card to do it! you can usually pay C.O.D. or at the convenience store. yeaaah... i think some people just have bodies that lose weight slowly... and we're two of these!!! it sucks but anyways, CONGRATS on not gaining after the weekend!! wohoo! you should do a happy dance for that, haha...

well guys, it's another slow boring day for me. getting ready to do my workout... i can hear my neighbour watching tv though so i know he's gonna hear me stomping around... lol. i feel kinda bad. but it's the middle of the afternoon so whatever. today is super-happy-fun-times-pay-my-bills day! yay! lol. gotta go to the post office and get laundry done and do a bunch of oh-so-fun errands.

and i'm gonna try to either go to the gym, or study at a cafe tonight. two things that i don't really wanna do, but should
Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #52  

Kawaii I feel sort of worse because my boyfriend actually used his credit card as it was meant to be an anniversary gift of sorts haha. Also totally doing a happy dance re no gain over the weekend, and the weight dropped again today! Online shopping in Japan sounds confusing but also better? Paying at a convenience store sounds way better! Hope your slow boring day wasn't too slow or boring.

kisskiss Looking good!! That is a huge difference between those two photos, you look great! Glad to hear that you had a good time clubbing - break up sounds tough, but it sounds like you're being healthy about the way you recover so it's all good! Yay for being nearly not obese! What a great feeling.

~I am so happy that my weight didn't go up over the weekend because it seems like now I might see some actual proper loss this week - so I guess it really is all about controlling myself more on the weekends/getting more exercise in!
I'm in a funk today, dunno why, just feeling dejected and sad for no real reason. I'm a bit stuck in my work/evening routine during the weekdays I guess, but I can't do much to change it up. I'm also getting nervous about moving out of our house to save money, and just money in general because I'm having to be majorly budget at the moment and even filling out the application for my work visa in Canada, which I have to do this weekend, is stressing me out. I'm so worried I'll miss something and they'll reject me!

I feel like I need a massage or some chocolate or just something to relax - how I wish we had a bath!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #53  

kisskiss: boys do suck! oh honey, i'm so sorry... still... what a stupid reason to break up with you!!! if he really loved you, he would've waited!! i know for me i can't say "i love you" after a month! no matter how sweet the guy! love is a thing that takes time to grow! whenever i see friends with new bf or gf that they have been together for a week or two and they are saying i love you to each other, i always look at them like they're aliens. lol. like "no, you don't. and actually, if you think so, you have no idea what love is!" lol. but that's just me. yeah! i'm sure our western boys would be pleased with Japan's idea of Valentine's day! especially since a lot of them get to chicken-out of white day!! -_- but good for you for not turning to food!!! and omg, are those your progress pics?!? cuz the difference is amazing!!!

rainbow: yeah, i don't wanna use my credit card cuz it's full up! or more like, i didn't... cuz recently my margin was upped considerably... but still don't wanna cuz that wouldn't be good!! haha... but yeah it's convenient. the conbini thing... basically you pay all your bills like that (electricity, water, etc.) they send a bill to your house which has a little barcode on it, you go to the convenience store and they scan and you pay there, and tadah!! if you order on amazon they send you a little code and you have to pay before, but every other website i've used, you pay after, which is good, i think, cuz if you don't like the stuff and wanna return it, i guess you don't have to pay! i just realized that i may have good a bit overboard though... cuz i still have 2 orders to come, of about 200$ each and that means i'm gonna be poor for the rest of the month... haha... good luck with all your papers stuff though... big hugs! and no chocolate for you! and you be good on the weekends!! i'll be your drill sergeant! lol.

ok so i'm kinda cranky cuz i made another thread about loose skin issues, and people basically answered me "everyone has cellulite! don't worry!", which kinda pisses me off cuz a) that was not the question, and b) that's just condescending!! gah... well anyways...

today i'm up a bit earlier than usual cuz i need to go to my company this afternoon, so i need to NOT sloth around in bed til 1pm and get my workout and shower in before lunchtime... lol. I'm going to sign my contract for the new school year, which is exciting! it's not a permanent job here, so you have to re-contract every single year... hopefully i'll get a raise! lol. but i really like my job so i'm happy to stay. i'm moving to junior high school next year though, which i'm less happy about, but i'll deal... and then later tonight i'm having dinner with my Australian friend before she goes home for 2 weeks!

so at least that's a bit of excitement in my life... lol. then bf mailed last night and was like "wanna see me tomorrow?" and i was like "gah!" why does he pick the one day where i actually have plans?? meh. so anyways. today is cardio day! my favorite! (not!) so i'll probably end up in a gross puddle of sweat in an hour or so...

you girls have a nice day!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #54  

Kawaii I can't help but I can share in your fears - I am so paranoid that a lot of my stomach is actually skin that I won't be able to get rid of. I once tried to tell someone that I was fat because they wouldn't believe me. It's a girl I work with, we were drunk, so I showed her my fat tummy and it's droopyness (it hangs, it's not nice, and it's not small!) and she just said "oh that's all just skin from losing so much weight". Now I'm sure it's not all skin, because this is a huge hanging sack (mm, sounds nice haha), but I am now worried that because it's been there for SO long (I'm talking probably 12 years or more, I can't remember my body before about age 14...) it just won't shrink back.
Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear...
Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #55  
sun

Hey ladies. No time for personals. My FIL is visiting and life is super full and busy right now. Getting my exercise in though eatimg is crazy. Lets see next week what my weigh in is like.
ciao ladies
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

rainbow When are you trying to move to Vancouver? Will your boyfriend be going too?
I'm sorry that you're in a funk...filling out the application is very stressful, I'm sure. I always freak out a little bit over things like that. Can you have someone check your work?

Kawaii I heard my neighbors in my old apartment ALL the time. My new place was built better though -- I almost never hear people!
Gah over the boyfriend! Isn't that typical? You'll have the entire week free except for ONE day, and that's the day everyone tries to make plans with you.

kisskiss I'm sorry about you and your boyfriend. Don't let him pressure you into saying you love him when you aren't sure though! Clubbing isn't really my thing, but I'm glad you had fun! Ego boosts are always great.

sun Hope your visit is going well!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday. No class tonight! Have some homework of course, but I'm going to get in some gym time too. (And TV! I don't know if I've seen any TV this week) haha And I'm thrilled at the idea of getting to bed at a decent hour.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #57  

sun In crazy times, I feel good if I'm doing at least one thing right so at least you're still getting your exercise in! Keep it up lady!

QB My boyfriend has been accepted to do a PhD in Vancouver, which is the main reason we're going, and it's also a great opportunity for me to experience another country as otherwise I wouldn't be able to stay that long! We're planning on doing all our forms at my parent's place so that my mum, who is pretty pedantic, can check everything over with us. I just stress out too easily. Hope you get to relax a little, sounds like you need it!

~Oh finally. This morning I saw 63.8 kg on the scale, the lowest weight I've seen in well over 6 months I'm going to guess. So I must be doing something right. Also when I went to take my boyfriend his dinner at work last night, some friends of ours who we haven't seen in a couple of weeks were also there visiting him and when they saw me they said I look like I've lost weight, so there's that too, which is nice.

This week is dragging on, I thought yesterday was Thursday but it's only Thursday today haha. I just want a day to sleep, I'm so tired at the moment!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #58  

rainbow: no actually that IS what i wanna hear! the truth! i suspect it's much more likely people have lots of hanging skin after a huge weightloss than the other way around... i don't want people to comfort me and tell me what i wanna hear, i want the truth! lol. though hopefully if i keep working out hard, i might be able to tone my belly up enough to be shown in public, but meh. congrats on your loss though! i bet it's that weekend self-control, eh?

sun: hang in there with your eating, girl! it's the most important part! good luck with everything!

QB: yeah... this is really common in Japan though cuz places are tiny, walls are super thin and there's no insulation... i can hear my neighbours snore sometimes... lol. although i've just bought me some earplugs for sleeping! I'm glad you got to have a more relaxing day! i miss tv too... i don't really have a tv (that works) here in my house, and i'm not bothered anyways cuz japanese tv is really crap, but i miss just being able to turn on the tv and watch whatever... being able to understand the commercials!!! lol. hope you had a good time

hey guys! bf ended up comming over for dinner last night and we had indian curry at our fave restaurant... the girl actually messed up my order cuz i'd order a shrimp-saag, which is veggie-based and she brought me a normal shrimp curry, which was delicious, but all cinnamon-y and sweet. i'm not one of those people that returns food at restaurants (unless it's gross) so i just ate it. lol. and some nan. it's weird cuz in the earlier months of my diet, if i'd go out to eat somewhere, i'd be full about halfway through and just stop eating. but these days i just feel like "I WANNA EAT ALL THE FOODS!!!!" and when i'm at a restaurant i feel like i really have to watch myself, and force myself to stop halfway through, even though i wanna eat everything... i told the bf so and he was like "what? but you ate less than normal today?!" lol. i guess i am so scared of over-eating, i don't eat as much as i could... haha. well anyways.

yesterday was my rest day from Body Revolution, but i knew we were going out to eat so i decided to do something anyways so i decided to try one of the youtube workout videos from Blogilates, who's a popular fitness blogger, and i was expecting it to be kinda easy, cuz i'm used to Jillian and this girl is like this super ditzy pretty girl, but man, today my as$ is hurtin!! i worked muscles that i don't usually work out, i think, and so today i'm hurtin in weird places!!! lol. gonna be doing my *favorite* workout 5 again later today... wish me luck!

oh and, weight finally went down a bit! didn't wanna announce it just in case, lol, but now it's been a few days so i guess i can do it without jinxing it! 75.4 - 166.2 lbs! I'm off to move my ticker! (after like, a month. lol)
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #59  

Kawaii Yeah, it sucks. I am still holding out hope that my stomach might shrink away some, but I'm also trying to be realistic. I feel you on all the foods. Every time I go out I too want to eat EVERYTHING that is put in front of me haha. You just reminded me I have a voucher to go to my favourite Indian place, I better do it soon! Yay for the loss! Also the blogilates, which one did you do? I think I was looking through some of those youtube videos a little while back but I couldn't find one that was like... an actual follow along workout.

~My run killed me tonight, just because my ankle and left leg, which had been sore for the first 20 minutes of most of my runs this week was fine at the beginning of tonight's run only to then turn crap towards the end and cause me grief all this evening. It's so achy, I'm worried I've done something not great...but I've noticed the whole time I've been running that my left leg is just generally not as great at doing what I want it to haha - like if I'm going to fall over, because yes, I'm clumsy, it's totally going to be my left leg causing it.

Oh well. I'm so tired tonight, it's only just after 9pm here but I think I'm going to call it an early night, get some reading in and sleeeeeep. SO glad it's Friday tomorrow.

OHHH also just an update re the dress I was waiting on if anyone wanted to know (or if I didn't already say, which I might have, my memory is crap) - they said they'd refund me as they're now going to say it's "lost in the post" - which is a pain, because I really wanted the dress!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #60  
sun

rainbow way to go on seeing that number on the scale! Ouch about your foot! That sucks. And about the dress. Are you going to buy a new one?

QB thanks

Kawaii I know! Eating is the most important. I am trying to real it back in today. I have a slice of apple pie and I am factoring it in to my 1500 calories. I have to stick with it.

So a friend of mine is doing weight watchers and when she does it she always loses weight. I really don't want to be left behind this time. She weighs less than I do but I still want to be looking better as well. Otherwise its such a contrast in our group when she is losing and I am just the same fatty as usual. So I am really trying to step it up and get somewhere this month. I have about 10 days left so I think I can hit another 2 lbs loss if I really stick to it.
Drinking water is also so hard for me. I simply fill my bottle and forget. I need more water to move this sodium and fat along.
ok that was my little rant of the day! haha