3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

dreamer2207 02-17-2014 06:59 AM

First name: Mary

Geographical location: The Netherlands

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 cute love birds!

Hobbies/Interests: singing, playing guitar, shopping, going out with friends, reading, nail art

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: lost about 50 pounds back in 2012 and kept it off. Starting again this month to lose another 40 lbs :)

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: 163

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to the diet!

Following any specific plan: low-carb, eating as much vegetables as I can and drinking lots of water and green tea!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more motivated than ever to lose the weight. I'm very happy about most things in my life, except for my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have felt like my last weight loss journey was a path that I chose to walk alone, but I am hoping to find some support on this forum so that we can all keep each other motivated!

Nikkilovesyoga 02-21-2014 06:39 AM

First name:Nikki

Geographical location:Cebu,Philippines

Marital Status:Living Together

Children/Ages:not yet :)

Pets:6 shi tzus and 1 mini pincher

Hobbies/Interests:LOTR,skyrim, fantasy and motivational books, all games and fantasy movies

Height: 5 ft

Eye/Hair Color: brown and long black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2013

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight:134

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on my daily exercise routine

Following any specific plan: Doing meditation and ashtanga yoga

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm eating slower and listening to my body more. I intuitively eat and don't diet. I love sweating in yoga it feels good afterwards.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I hope we can become friends and share stories.

KGreene2014 02-22-2014 06:50 PM

First name:Kristy

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: William(5)/Claire(7.5 weeks)

Pets: Lulu(Yellow Lab)

Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Travel, Camping

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/21/2014

Starting Weight: 257

Present Weight: 257

Goal Weight: 199

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving up the foods I love!

Following any specific plan: Eating in moderation, and exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel more determined this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

BombshellFitness 02-24-2014 07:39 PM

First name: Margeaux (pronounced mahr-go)

Geographical location: Montgomery, Alabama

Marital Status: Single, but dating.

Children/Ages: No kids, and I don't plan on changing that at any point in my life.

Pets: Battlecat, a massive 30-lb, 7y.o. orange tabby. He's a complete mama's boy. Gus, a 3y.o. pitbull/great dane mix who is absolutely convinced that he's a lapdog, despite being nearly 100lbs. Gatsby, a 1y.o. purebred Treeing Walker Coonhound whose main interests are bellyrubs, frolicking, and getting into the garbage. Last, but certainly not least, Salem, a 1y.o. solid black cat who is a bit skittish around strangers, but the sweetest cat you've ever met once she gets to know you. They're all rescues, some from abusive homes, and they are all my babies. They completely own my heart.

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my animals, creative pursuits, hiking, kayaking, running, blogging, cooking, etc.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:Coppery-red hair, green eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around, 2-22-14.

Starting Weight: 161.4lbs

Present Weight: 155.8lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of willpower, still being in recovery from years of eating disorders (recovery never truly ends, as I'm sure some of you know).

Following any specific plan: As of right now, I'm recovering from a back injury, so nothing. But usualy, running 2x a week, eating as well as possible, and making healthier choices in everyday life. Soon, my main partner (I have several, I'm polyamorous, and happy to answer any questions about this) and I will be starting Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred and following a meal plan to go with that.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My career is on the line this time. It's already suffered because I live somewhere that doesn't have a very high demand for models. That being the case, it's absolutely imperative that I find an agency as soon as I can. No agency will take me in my present shape, so I have to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I absolutely need to make friends for support and accountability (plus making friends is just fun), so if you want to chat, PLEASE message me! I don't really have many friends, despite being an extrovert, because the people in my town are just soul-crushingly dull. So let's be friends!

bt2155 02-25-2014 03:08 PM

My profile

First name: Betsey

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two cats that stay with the ex

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Volleyball, Family and friends.

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown :-)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It started over two years ago and has been on and off. (Restarting today 2/25/14)

Starting Weight: 232.2lbs

Present Weight: 189.2lbs

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating and tracking

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I'm single now (which makes a big difference) and just am sick of how I feel. I have had lots of health issues and know its time to get on track.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very open and honest and love chatting! Any new friends would be warmly welcomed! :-)

timbre 02-26-2014 02:06 PM

First name: Cassidy
Geographical location: Texas
Pets: 3 dogs
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, baking, bowling, biking, running (trying to make it one!)
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2009
Starting Weight: 210
Present Weight: 215-218
Goal Weight: 150
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating chocolate..... sticking through plateaus.
Following any specific plan: Not sure yet.
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I will win.
Anything else you would like to share with us: Lets keep each other on track.

tinamariefitforme 02-27-2014 03:19 PM

First name: Kristina

Geographical location: California

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Photography! Reading, Love movies, being with my family

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1st

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating healthy and eating way less bad foods

Following any specific plan: Still looking

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want this for me

Anything else you would like to share with us: Would love to become friends with anyone on here :)

oliconnelly 03-01-2014 11:07 PM

First name: Olivia

Geographical location:
Kentucky, US

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: No pets.

Hobbies/Interests: reading and writing, video games, drawing, and sewing

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For this time around, February 10, 2014.

Starting Weight: 299lbs

Present Weight: 291lbs (since my weigh-in last Monday)

Goal Weight: Ultimately 160. We'll see as I approach that goal.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation and a bad knee from a previous injury.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and cardio/weight training three to five times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have friends to do it with this time around. I think that will definitely help keep me motivated. I also feel as if, for one time in my life, I'm doing this for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: One goal of mine is to lose a couple of dress sizes by the time June rolls around so that I can fit into some new garb for the Renaissance Faire I attend every summer! I would also like to be able to ride all the rollercoasters I want sometime within the next year or so.

lisha91 03-02-2014 05:32 PM

First name:Elly

Geographical location: Virginia/tennessee

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:none

Pets:a cat and 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests:Anything that grabs my interest

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown with old dyed tips lol

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/13

Starting Weight:310

Present Weight:295

Goal Weight:200 then 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Will power

Following any specific plan: 4-5 meals a day. water every day no excuses. meal prep when necessary

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:My mind is a lot more focused and motivated, Not half assing and then falling off, im all in now.

Mirieli23 03-09-2014 01:47 PM

Hey all!

First name: Miriel

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Not married, in a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets:My boyfriend's cat Nebula aka Demon Cat aka Ninja

Hobbies/Interests: Foodie

Height:5'2

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long long time ago, I can still remember

Starting Weight:145

Present Weight:145

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightless: Going our

Following any specific plan:Not yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Being part of a group

Anything else you would like to share with us:Nope! haha

kaybee1 03-10-2014 07:22 PM

Geographical location: Ottawa, Ontario

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Sadly, none

Hobbies/Interests: Painting, Travel, Cooking, Music, Walking, Camping

Eye/Hair Colour: Blue/Dark Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/09/14

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion Control

Following any specific plan: Eating a balanced meal, starting to track calories and weigh food, working out with a trainer twice a month but going to the gym 4-5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually keeping myself accountable. This the first time I've weighed THIS much and it's scary and i don't want health problems and I don't want to die young. I want to be health, and to fit into beautiful clothes and to play soccer again.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

nonameslob 03-13-2014 02:33 PM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location:
Delaware

Marital Status: Not married, living with partner

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 cats!

Hobbies/Interests:
Anything outdoors - especially hiking and canoeing

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
Feb. 2013

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight:

Goal Weight: 160 (Aiming for 180 by the end of 2014, I like smaller goals but I *think* my end goal is 160...)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Realizing that it TAKES TIME!

Following any specific plan: I started following the 5:2 "diet" (I call it a way of life!) in August 2013

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've ever done any sort of "diet" plan. And I am incredibly motivated by wanting to get fit for hiking in the Rockies this summer, after a miserable experience during a hike to summit a mountain in the Adirondacks last year. That was when I realized THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE. If I can't do what I love without feeling like I'm going to die, then what's the point?

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my first post and I am looking forward to having a community to share with.

constellationmomma 03-14-2014 08:18 PM

First name: Heather

Geographical location: the Southeast

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 2.5

Pets: A dog & A goldfish

Hobbies/Interests: crochet, cooking, DIY & crafts

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Pink (naturally strawberry blonde, although I haven't seen it in years)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/2013

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: mini goal is out of the 200's by July 4th. I think I'll be satisfied somewhere between 150-175.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love of sweets, and a hubby who loves to eat anything & everything!

Following any specific plan: Just TDEE with certain amounts of protein/ carbs per day (roughly 130 g max per day of each)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not trying to take the easy route- I have previously used supplements, crash diets, etc- this time I'm okay with the amount of time it's taken (most days) and I'm trying to love myself more at every stage

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm wearing skinny jeans today. In the same size I was before I got pregnant. (!!!!) Also, I have Ulcerative Colitis, Hydradenitis Suppuritiva (inflammatory skin condition), and have struggled with mental health disorders. I am currently aiming to lose weight and be healthier so I can have a healthy pregnancy when my H & I try for a second.

Claygirl1518 03-17-2014 07:44 PM

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information.

First name: Emily

Geographical location: upstate sc

Marital Status: married

Pets: 2 dogs, 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: making pottery on potters wheel, gardening, reading

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/10/14

Starting Weight: 219

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it!

Following any specific plan: eat less move more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: most to lose this time...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to have found such a great group of encouraging motivated people!

Writer2014 03-21-2014 11:12 AM

Maja Dyra

First name: Maja

Geographical location: Taiwan

Occupation: lady of leisure, work a few hours in a restaurant once a week

Pets: beagle

Hobbies/Interests: art, nature, cooking, kayaking, snorkeling, fashion

Eye/Hair Color:black/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/21/14

Starting Weight: 130 lb

Present Weight: 130 lb

Goal Weight: I don't know

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: moral support

Following any specific plan: taking intense cycling class at the gym, working out twice a day, following Eating Well's meal plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this is my first time

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't know :-)

ChristaCupcake 03-22-2014 10:03 PM

First name: Christa

Geographical location: Colorado, transplanted from Joplin, MO

Marital Status: Engaged to and living with my Soul Mate!

Children/Ages: None yet, but sort of desperately wanted in the future.

Occupation: Unemployed and Disabled because of reasons. In the future I want to be a child psychologist.

Pets: The best cat ever: a 7-year old calico/tabby known as Sweet Pea who has been through a lot with me, two cats who technically belong to my fiance and his mother, Boo and Fuzzy (they have real names, but they don't know them), a beautiful lazy and lovable black boy cat called Binx who drools compulsively and lives with my mom in Missouri, and a talkative not-big blonde mutt dog with a pot-belly and kind of amazing eyebrows and mustache named Gunner who also lives in Missouri with my mom.

Hobbies/Interests: reading (especially fantasy), drawing, playing video games (especially RPGs) and I'm trying to make exercising into a hobby, AKA something I enjoy ;)

Height: 5'1 or 5-flat depending on who's measuring me

Eye/Hair Color: my eyes are blue-green and change colors with my mood, lighting, clothing, etc. My hair is blondish.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for a few years. Officially restarting as of today: Saturday, March 22, 2014

Starting Weight: 320+

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 180, ultimate 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: chronic pain, stress eating, losing motivation

Following any specific plan: Not really, but I'm trying to cut sugar completely. I've identified sugar as a big freaking problem and also the possible pre-diabetic diagnosis scares the heck out of me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Unlike all the other times, I'm really invested this time. My heath problems scare me, and I don't see a good future if I don't change. And this time, part of my motivation is to look on the outside the way I feel inside.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a Christian, but don't let that scare you off. I roll with all kinds. My sister is Pagan, I'm friends with a boatload of atheists, and one of my best friends was a Satanist at one point. XD
I am an independent Libertarian (officially registered as a Republican) politically, I am not a feminist I identify as an Egalitarian, I'm not politically correct, I support gun rights, etc.....In short, most of my opinions run in opposition to the Mainstream. :lol: But I promise it doesn't matter! I get along with everyone, almost no matter what. I was raised to not judge and I don't! The worst you'll get from me is agreeing to disagree!
Also, I've been posting on forum websites for over a decade, and sometimes I make REALLY long posts....hope that doesn't bother anyone. I also have a lot of emotional baggage and sometimes that creeps into my posts....I apologize in advance. -bows-

lucrezia 03-23-2014 12:43 AM

First name: Karen

Geographical location: PA, USA

Marital Status: Single!

Pets: 1 adorable kitten!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travel(!), Hiking now that I'm more fit, Alcohol

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 19th, 2014

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 161

Goal Weight: 155 for Budapest trip (May 6th, 2014). 145 by September 7th (for a friend's wedding)!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Gaining/losing cycle. I've lost a bit of weight before, but I've gained it back due to stress and just not caring.

Following any specific plan: Tracking my food, Running three times a week, Drinking lots of tea. Trying to walk to my job once summer hits. Will be joining a gym or trying to find a running buddy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally know how to manage the stresses of grad school without eating. I'm not obsessing about my weight loss going one way--I'm just trying to make more conscientious choices about what I'm eating and what I'm doing without depriving myself of the good stuff.

tapirgirl 03-24-2014 04:28 AM

Fist name: Maddie

Geographical location: Herts, England

Pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, some snakes and a tortoise

Hobbies/Interests: being in the countryside, learning new things (i'm proud to be a geek), seeing friends and reading

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5th Feb 2014 (although there have been many other start dates, this is the one where I properly became serious about loosing weight and have seen results.

Starting Weight: 223.5

Present Weight: 209

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding time to exercise, not comfort eating due to stress (working 7 days a week and being tired all the time makes it hard!)

Following any specific plan: Eat less, eat better, exercise more. I also use a diet plate.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: motivated, support from my gorgeous husband (we got married in August 2013) and a more positive attitude.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need the support of others too to stop me giving up, but also to stop me boring my husband to death with constant diet and weight loss talk. He is actually very slim/muscular so it must be hard for him to listen to me all the time.

;)

yohasoy 04-03-2014 11:17 AM

First name: Yohana (YOHA)

Geographical location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Art, Criminal Minds, Diet, Dance

Height: 155cm

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/ Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been on a diet since I'm 14. But after a 10kg gain through college, the real journey started on late January 2014.

Starting Weight: 69kg (152lbs)

Present Weight: 64kg (141lbs)

Goal Weight: 50kg (110lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: BINGE & EMOTIONAL EATING

Following any specific plan: nope, just dance my *** at least 3 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really exercise. Not just swim for 2 hours. I really exercise. Cardio and strength, and I'm happy I could see my muscles building up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been on binge-purge cycle since high school and I'm working on getting out of it.

Java1991 04-08-2014 01:07 AM

First name:Stephanie Bednarz

Geographical location:Salem, OR

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:Puppy

Hobbies/Interests:Arts and Crafts, Theater, Watersports

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue!, Light Brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:I started a year ago, but stopped Ideal Protein, I just restarted Medifast on 3/31/2014.

Starting Weight:286.2
Present Weight:275.4

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overcoming my temptations, binge eating and old habits

Following any specific plan: Take Shape For Life Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing it with a friend and its am working on changing my habits

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'd love to meet more people doing the program, and chat! :)

katiepie7312 04-11-2014 11:49 AM

First name:Katie

Geographical location: DC Metro Area, US

Marital Status: Engaged as of Feb 2014!

Children/Ages: N/A- But soon to have an 8 year old step daughter

Pets: 2 of the awesomest cats ever alive

Hobbies/Interests: documentaries, traveling, music, outdoor activities

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late February 2014

Starting Weight: 204 (yikes)

Present Weight: 190.2

Goal Weight: 135 would be amazing.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am your classic yo-yo'er. My weight has been up and down quite drastically my whole life. It's hard to stay on track when your partner can eat/drink what ever he wants in front of you!!!

Following any specific plan: 1,200 calorie a day intake goal with one cheat day per week. Calorie counter has helped me stay accountable even on my bad days.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never been over 180 before in life and somehow lost control and reached 204!!!???? I do not want to get married and be self conscious about my wedding photos. I avoid the camera as much as possible these days. Health is a big motivator as well. I would be so disappointed in myself if I was pre-diabetic and if I don't stick to a permanent change now, diabetes is a very real possibility.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am thankful for forums like this to keep me motivated and know that I'm not alone. I feel like everyone else around me is so thin and I'll always be known as the chubby girl.

magsabags 04-19-2014 10:24 AM

First name: Maggie

Geographical location: Ohio

Pets: 1 dog - a papillion named cooper

Hobbies/Interests: drinking, writing, dancing

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green eyes; blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/19/14 (today)

Starting Weight: 188

Present Weight: 188

Goal Weight: 145

FleurDeLis 04-24-2014 10:37 PM

First name: Sabrina

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: Our daughter was stillborn on March 21, 2014.

Pets: A boston terrier named Eddie and a brown Tabby cat named Evie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, exercising, the Catholic faith.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 21,2014

Starting Weight: 205lbs

Present Weight: 190lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Knowing that it takes time to lose weight.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting (1200 per day) and exercising 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm losing weight after having gained it during my pregnancy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm 4 weeks post partum. As I mentioned earlier, I gave birth to a stillborn daughter in March. I was 38 weeks pregnant. The cause could not be determined. My husband and I trust that God had more important things for her to do in Heaven. Though it may seem strange, our faith has been strengthened since the loss of our daughter.

jacquelinerose 04-30-2014 09:13 PM

First name: Jacqueline Rose

Geographical location: Nevada

Pets: 2 cats, Baby kitty (9yrs), Snickers (8yrs)

Hobbies/Interests: Getting to know people,

Height: 5ft 2˝in to 5ft 3in. Dunno which.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 30, 2014

Starting Weight: See Ticker

Present Weight: See Ticker

Goal Weight: 144 lbs (10st 4lb)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: There are quite a few for me. Staying on track is #1 on my list

Following any specific plan: I'm going back onto the plan that my previous Dietian had me on. I had amazing results

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been mentally preparing myself to keep on track and not lose sight of the big picture, and having a support system here on 3FC will be a nice kick

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm currently in school to become a Medical Biller & Coder.

futureformerfisher 05-01-2014 09:40 AM

First Name: Cris

Geographical Location: Fort Hood, TX

Children/Ages: a son, 6

Occupation: graphic designer (although I am currently on extended leave until 2015)

Pets: a (rescued) black shepherd, Link, the sweetest and kindest dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: crafting, sewing, surfing, makeup, shoes, ~glitter~

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde (though I just recently went dark red)

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: April 24, 2014. It was a Wednesday - I know because for three weeks prior, I kept saying "next Sunday... Next Monday..." And on Wednesday I woke up and said, you know what? It's now or never.

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 185.0

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Weightloss: eating - I typically eat only one meal (dinner) and will not stop what I'm doing to make or eat something when I am hungry, which means I eat nearly all of my calories at dinner and right before bed.

Also, my husband is deployed and a medic who tends to fret over the smallest bruises, so I haven't told him what's going on. It's very hard not having his support, but he has other things he needs to focus on.

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and lots of cardio for now. I'll adjust later as necessary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts in the past: I've never tried losing weight in the past, so this is uncharted territory for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: my husband is deployed until the end of November, and I'd really like to lose most of this weight by then. Our son is also struggling with being underweight/classified as FTT, so he needs a very different diet and I'm trying hard to make sure we both get what we need.

floralshorts 05-06-2014 12:57 PM

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: midwest USA

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: painting, drawing, crafts

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/blue

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 1/12/14 technically, but started Optifast 70 on 5/5/14

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 245 still probably, don't weigh in until next Tuesday (5/13)

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: social situations

Following any specific plan: Optifast 70 + weight lifting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: that determination is back ;)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing that I can think of right now!

Sillybug 05-10-2014 12:48 PM

First name: Mia

Geographical location: VA

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: An adorable and grumpy black lab

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, video games, and rollercoasters

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Gray eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love junk food (soda, hot wings, fast food, greasy foods, beer) and often find myself just being lazy and laying around the house instead of being active like I should be.

Following any specific plan: I am going to start working out everyday, at least six days a week and cut my junk food back to just one day a week. I'm looking into other diet plans and am always open to advice.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I'm going to be diligent and mindful not to get discouraged like I have in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very excited!!! :carrot:

acts238girl 05-13-2014 07:50 PM

First name:JaLisa

Geographical location:DMV

Children/Ages:N/A

Teacher at a day care

Pets:1 cat

Hobbies/Interests:Active church member,reading,watching old movies,mostly a homebody

Height:5"4"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:230

Starting Weight:230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:A lot.Mostly Laziness, emotional eating, bad food choices, and limited selection of healthy foods.

Following any specific plan: The broke peoples version of weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Health reason.Just found out I am prediabetic

Anything else you would like to share with us: IM ABOUT TO GET MY CUTE GIRL ON!

lindsey.reid91 05-14-2014 11:44 AM

First name: Lindsey Reid

Geographical location: TX

Marital Status: In a happy relationship with the prospect of marriage :)

Children/Ages: 4 y/o girl

Pets: A big, furry cat named Leo

Hobbies/Interests: I love to be outside doing just about anything and reading is my indoor passion

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1, 2014

Starting Weight: 175lbs

Present Weight: 173lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Resisting certain foods, eating in moderation, and eating healthily

Following any specific plan: Exercise every day and cooking my own food

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I HAVE to lose weight. There are no if, and, or but to it. I refuse to live in a body that I am not happy in.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Any help offered, is help greatly appreciated!

PrincessGoo 05-17-2014 04:22 PM

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone. I've been stalking the forums for over a year, but this is my first time deciding to post. I'm getting married this fall and the yo-yo has got to stop. I'm sick of it, and I want to be in good shape so I can match my very athletic and muscular fiance FINALLY!

First name: Brittani

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Recently engaged!

Children/Ages: No. Nope. None. I love other people's kids though... they go home. :D

Pets: I have two dogs and a cat, all boys.

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, camping, kayaking, backpacking, fishing, rock climbing, gardening... pretty much anything outdoors. I also like to read a lot and take photos.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown or hazel/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I can remember, but officially May 2012.

Starting Weight: 194

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Complacency. I get to a point where i'm comfortable and maintain, then sort of lose track of my goals until I gain a little bit of weight and freak out. January I had gotten down to 162, but I got lazy and gained 10lbs, and got motivated to start again. I just want to make goal once and for all and stay there.

Following any specific plan: No. Just clean and heathy eating and regular exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting married in September, I am going to be wearing a sari, and while I know I won't lose 40lbs by then I want to be in significantly better shape than I am in right now. I need my midriff to be on point for pictures. Also, we are thinking we might want babies in the next few years and there is no way i'm getting pregnant unless i'm in terrific, athletic shape -- for my benefit and for the baby since i'll be embarking on that quest at a much older age than most of my peers and I want any advantage I can get.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really. Nice to meet all of you! :hug:

alyrh 05-20-2014 03:35 PM

First name: Alyssa

Geographical location: West Michigan

Children/Ages: N/a

Pets: 2 cats: Spartacus and Jasmine

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, Outdoor activities (I LOVE the water), running, reading, debating, anything and everything really.

Height: 4' 11"

Eye/Hair Color: Natural Black hair and Dark Dark brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I suppose all of my life? My weight has been a constant battle since about middle school. Not so much in my lower elementary years.

Starting Weight: 200lbs.

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: Science and Doctors say I should be 98-123 (ish) lbs. My heritage says my average weight will be around 145. So, I'm shooting for 130!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself. I know nothing about my parents or what issues they might have had to deal with in their 20's in regards to weight. They have run a million tests and bloodwork has all been done and the science says I'm healthy as a teenager. Yet I am still obese! It is frustrating. I'm also an extremely picky eater and have been through numerous stints of eating disorders.

Following any specific plan: Not yet, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Don't say calorie counting, please. You can swear by it but they hold no power with me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly, nothing. I have the same motivation and same obstacles I've always had. I'm just older and possibly wiser?

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm extremely shy and often take words the wrong way. I'm not joking when I say I have tried and been through everything in the book. Name it, I've probably tried it. Also, I'm a Michigan State fan! I live for football season! Nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to chatting soon!!

lizard618 05-24-2014 06:02 PM

First name: Liz

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 4, 5

Hobbies/Interests: My children take up the little free time I have, but I love it that way!

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 05/12/2014

Starting Weight: 217

Present Weight: 210

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time management, trying to balance everything

Following any specific plan: Insanity

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't dread my workouts. I don't look forward to them either, it's just part of my day.

lizard618 05-24-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futureformerfisher (Post 4995752)
First Name: Cris

Geographical Location: Fort Hood, TX

Children/Ages: a son, 6

Occupation: graphic designer (although I am currently on extended leave until 2015)

Pets: a (rescued) black shepherd, Link, the sweetest and kindest dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: crafting, sewing, surfing, makeup, shoes, ~glitter~

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde (though I just recently went dark red)

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: April 24, 2014. It was a Wednesday - I know because for three weeks prior, I kept saying "next Sunday... Next Monday..." And on Wednesday I woke up and said, you know what? It's now or never.

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 185.0

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Weightloss: eating - I typically eat only one meal (dinner) and will not stop what I'm doing to make or eat something when I am hungry, which means I eat nearly all of my calories at dinner and right before bed.

Also, my husband is deployed and a medic who tends to fret over the smallest bruises, so I haven't told him what's going on. It's very hard not having his support, but he has other things he needs to focus on.

Following any specific plan: just counting calories and lots of cardio for now. I'll adjust later as necessary.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts in the past: I've never tried losing weight in the past, so this is uncharted territory for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: my husband is deployed until the end of November, and I'd really like to lose most of this weight by then. Our son is also struggling with being underweight/classified as FTT, so he needs a very different diet and I'm trying hard to make sure we both get what we need.

It's crazy how much we have in common! I live in Killeen, so we live pretty close to each other. My five year old son is also underweight, so I have to make separate meals for all of us. My ex-husband and I were both active duty, but he got hurt on deployment and is now medically retired. We are currently back together trying to work things out, but that's a whole other issue. I chose to not continue in the military because I wanted to be home with my kids more. Anyway, I just thought it was so awesome finding someone I had so much in common with, so I had to respond to you. Good luck in your journey!

Melarie 05-27-2014 10:34 PM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Not married, but in a relationship

Children/Ages: -

Pets: 8 kitties and a parakeet

Hobbies/Interests: Flute, sewing, theater (crew, not acting), makeup, swimming

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2012

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: ~150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation. I have SO much trouble sticking to a work out routine for more than two or three weeks.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment. Just going to work and eating less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've seen progress. I started my job one month ago and I noticed stuff like my new pants not fitting, my collar bones being more pronounced, rings fitting looser even. Before I even weighed myself. It's great to actually see weight coming off instead of wondering if my scale is just a little off today or if it's power of suggestion from the number on the scale going down.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have PCOS, possibly thyroid problems (currently waiting on the second batch of blood work) and this is the first time I've been under 200 lbs since I was like 14 so nearly 5 years.

tardyfortheparty 06-02-2014 02:24 AM

First name: Mimi.

Geographical location: Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: None.

Occupation: Full-time student, but I am a Residence Advisor during the school year.

Pets: One rambunctious cat who drives me up the wall.

Hobbies/Interests: I love hanging out with my friends, going to new restaurants, cooking for people I care about, baking, reading, watching television, and exploring the city.

Height: Almost 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown hair, lighter brown eyes.

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: October 2012.

Starting Weight: 170 lbs.

Present Weight: 160 lbs.

Goal Weight: 115 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I love to eat. I do this thing where I eat a lot of delicious food in one day because I say I'm going to start dieting tomorrow, and then the next day rolls around and I say the same mantra...this can go on for weeks...I unintentionally gain weight before I start a diet.

Following any specific plan: Signed up for Weight Watchers for 3 months. It's exactly like calorie counting so I think it was a waste of money, but we'll see what happens. The fact that I'm paying for it means I gotta stick with it, right? I'm also doing a DietBet right now (google it).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, I lost 25 lbs last year and unfortunately gained 15 lbs of it back. This time I'm going to lose it FOR GOOD!

Teacherette13 06-07-2014 12:43 PM

Stop stalking, start posting!

First name: Lindsey

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Single (and too picky, if you ask most people, haha)

Pets: Jack Russell terrier

Hobbies/Interests: Church, reading, nearly any fun thing...

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Mostly green, sometimes brown / light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Somewhere around age 15 (when I didn't need to lose!!), but 2008 is when I reached my heaviest weight and really started seeing measurable results.

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 205 (had lost down to around 194 in March, but had a "fall off the wagon" season).

Goal Weight: 178. More than what BMI charts indicate, but I'm big-boned, so that looks pretty thin on me.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Tracking and snacking! I can plan a healthy meal, but I reach for terrible snacks, and I can put away 2000 calories in no time flat. And then I always neglect to write anything down.

Following any specific plan: Bounce back and forth between WW Points and counting calories. I'm about to try iTrackBites on my iPhone.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more toned, even though I have had a gain. I discovered CrossFit in the last year, and it has done wonders for my fitness level. But I never got my eating under control, so I still have a layer of "fluff" over all the muscle! I haven't been to a workout in 3 weeks, but I paid my registration this week so I can start again on Monday, haha.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That I'm DESPERATE to finally get this weight off! I seriously have never once reached a goal weight that I set, so I need all the support I can get!

JennyBean94 06-12-2014 05:21 AM

First name: Jena

Geographical location: South East London

Marital Status: Engaged

Hobbies/Interests: Music and anime

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: My hair is red and my eyes are blue/gray

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off since I was a teenager

Starting Weight: 218 lbs

Present Weight: 218 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression and giving up.

Following any specific plan: Not yet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The way I think and also I was diagnosed with pcos yesterday so I want to start looking after myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm extremely self conscious and came to this site looking for a buddy in london.

KayMayWill 06-12-2014 10:13 AM

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Technically the Kansas City area, but I'm almost never home.

Marital Status: Married 5 years

Children/Ages: Nooooo

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, camping, painting, traveling the country.

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are blue/grey, hair is...currently dark brown. It changes a lot!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh lord, since I was 10? Not kidding. :/ Currently I'd date it about Sept 2013 that I stopped gaining and started losing.

Starting Weight: 210 lbs

Present Weight: 184 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging and giving up.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting combined with IE.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm older and have a more realistic view on weight loss and maintenance, I think. That, and I am so determined to really do it this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't wait to go on this journey with you ladies!

bollywoodprincess 07-23-2014 03:15 PM

First name: Karen

Geographical location: California

Pets: One Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, Walking, Spending time with family, Cooking, Dancing

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 15, 2014

Starting Weight: 193.8

Present Weight: 186.4

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have such a hard time sticking to any type of plans. Any time, I don't get immediate results, I resort to old ways, self sabotaging is the biggest hurdle.

Following any specific plan: OPTIFAST 800 through Kaiser

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Taking break from Food… This program is very strict, and does not allow any outside food until you hit week 17.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Really hoping to succeed this time. At one point, I was able to go all the way down to 138. I was so close to my goal, but got too comfortable. I gained all that weight back plus another 50.

nonameslob 07-24-2014 08:53 AM

Welcome Karen! There's a relatively active thread for people working on getting out of the 180s. You might want to pop over there, great for motivation. :) I should be in that thread very soon I hope...I think there's also some Optifast threads around if you want to hang out with people on the same plan. Good luck!