3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

Squeaky 11-23-2015 05:29 PM

First name: Teresa

Geographical location: Ireland

Marital Status: Not married, in a relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 doggies - a labrador and a german shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: reading, psychology, cartoons, stand up comedy

Height: 5 foot 4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 17th November 2015

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I work & study, and lose interest easily

Following any specific plan: Winging it for now. All about smarter food choices, more water and gradually introducing more and more exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never really bothered with weight loss because I never really cared - I figured I would get around to it eventually. I got a wake up call when I realised I was morbidly obese

Anything else you would like to share with us: No :)

Photosphere 01-03-2016 03:53 PM

First name: Sofi

Geographical location: Sweden

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Children/Ages: No

Pets: No, but I spend alot of time looking at baby pets online.

Hobbies/Interests: Travelling! Movies, drawing, kayaking, exploring the woods, learning stuff.

Height: 5'2, or as I like to call it, 157 cm.

Eye/Hair Color: Greenblue, blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4 years ago, restarting today january 3rd

Starting Weight: 218 lbs, or 99 kg

Present Weight: 171 lbs, 78 kg

Goal Weight: 127, 58 kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Starting out after having claimed all my life to not care, and having to explain to people when I really only wanted to hide! After overcoming that the second hurdle was not gaining weight while being under alot of stress...

Following any specific plan: Low carb diet and limited calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have nothing stopping me, no excuses and lots of free time on my hands!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm too good at cooking for my own good and I love to do it. I'm also a binger trying to control myself.

Sinderhella 01-05-2016 09:00 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:1 son named Connor! He is 4 months old!

Pets:1 dog, a pembroke welsh corgi named Harlly Quinn, and one cat named Donna Noble

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, costuming, ren faires, comicon, nerdy things, cooking, interior design. lots of things!

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: red/blue (im naturally a blonde, but I've been rocking red for a while now.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've always been trying to lose weight, but my official re-commitment date was 01/01/2016

Starting Weight:229 on my start date, with a highest weight of 251 back in September when my son was born

Present Weight:223

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating my emotions. Especially boredom and happiness.

Following any specific plan: Weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually happy now. Usually I've looked at weight loss as a way to "fix" my unhappiness. I always thought I would just be happy if I was skinnier. I think that that was really disordered thinking. My happiness should not be tied up in my weight. I'm happy now regardless of my weight, now its about being healthy so when my son gets bigger I have the energy to keep up with him, and a little bit because i love cute clothes. lol

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm just super excited about life right now. I'm happy to be starting this new year with a fresh outlook on life and I cant wait to get to know everyone here and go through this journey with yall!

Whiterose75 01-07-2016 06:11 PM

First name: Lisa

Geographical location: Northern suburbs of Chicago

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages:0

Pets: one pocket parrot Emmy!

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, movies, tv, crafts, DIY, bowling

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Grey and Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/01/16

Starting Weight: 197

Present Weight: 196

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overcoming my addiction to food as a coping mechanism

Following any specific plan: Depends on the month!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my fiancé is joining me on this journey! We need each other to be truly successful. Last time I lost weight he continued to gain and I got pulled back into the crappy eating.

Anything else you would like to share with us: weight has always been a problem for me. Sometimes I feel guilty thinking I'm fat when I know there are others with more to loose than me. I just need support and I'm hoping to find some here! I want to make it to my first major goal by my 30th birthday!

onadiet520 01-13-2016 06:18 PM

First name: Prefer not to say

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Seperated

Children/Ages: 10,7, 2 & 1

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/13/2016

Starting Weight: 190lbs

Present Weight: 189lbs

Goal Weight: 145lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan: No, just eating less and eating off smaller plates. Exercise whenever I can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually going to make an effort. Usually I lose it naturally but I'm not too happy with my size after having 2 babies back to back.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

debest 02-03-2016 11:24 AM

First name: Deborah

Geographical location: Barbados

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Fishing, Movies, Cooking, History

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around January 11th 2016

Starting Weight: 224lbs

Present Weight: 214lbs

Goal Weight: 160lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting, portion control and low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have joined a forum filled with people going in the same direction

Anything else you would like to share with us: I Love grapefruit!!! I'm working right now to drop 5lbs more to fit back into my wedding dress for a photoshoot on Feb 13th

yuruppu92 02-08-2016 08:44 AM

First name: Sophie

Geographical location: Senegal

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: X

Pets:X

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, Tv shows, movies

Height: 1m75 or 5"7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/01

Starting Weight: 260 lbs/118 kg

Present Weight: 225 lbs/102 kg

Goal Weight: 143lbs/65kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I alaways acted as if I didn't care and wanted to lose weight without anyone noticing it. i didn' want people to see me work out and know that I wanted to lose weight.

Following any specific plan: Eating less and working out 6 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I now have the courage to tell people that I'm not comfortable with my weight and not hiding anymore the fact that I wat to loose some.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I know it'll be hard but I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you. Also english is not my first language so I might make some mistakes. Feel free to tell me

pinkalarmclock 02-16-2016 06:40 PM

Geographical location: Texas, USA

Marital Status: unmarried, committed relationship

Children/Ages: 8 month old girl

Pets: two Devon Rex kitties

Hobbies/Interests: fitness, reading (urban fantasy is my favorite), destressing

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 20 something 2015

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 171

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm a mom and breastfeeding

sassylime100 02-23-2016 11:22 AM

First name: Emily

Geographical location: Halifax, NS (Canada)

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Filmmaking, painting, writing, writing, reading, movies, cosplay...

Height: 5"5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My whole life...but this time I guess August 1st, 2015.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 207

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and trying to be low-carb. 1-2 hours of exercise each night.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Switched my lifestyle... my Mindset.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I struggle with depression and anxiety, which has often fed into my weight gains, as I tend to bury my emotions in food.

lpur248 02-28-2016 06:16 PM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: United States

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 dog :^:

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, reading, spending time with friends & family

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown / dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/12/2016

Starting Weight: 184

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not binge-eating and overeating

Following any specific plan: not really, just healthy eating and exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am truly determined to reach my goal

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to be here!

i_hate_pants 03-13-2016 01:26 PM

First name: Elle

Geographical location: Wyoming

Marital Status: So, so single.

Children/Ages: none yet.

Pets: One little cat!

Hobbies/Interests: I ski probably 100 days per year! And ride bikes on the other days. I also love to quilt.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and Blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Let's call it today! 3/13

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 140

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge Eating and drinking

Following any specific plan: Eating a fruit or vegetable at every meal. Tomato sauce on pizza doesn't count.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing it because I actually want to be healthier, not because I want to get noticed. What I really want is to make lifestyle changes, and I hope that setting some goals for my weight helps that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hate pants and I really want to like them again. Also - I live in a small ski town with a drinking problem. I would like to learn whether I can adopt a healthy lifestyle here.

I'm excited to share this journey with all of you!

ByebyeKitty 03-25-2016 01:19 PM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Canada - Ontario to be more specific

Pets: none. Allergic to most :(

Hobbies/Interests: writing (currently trying to write my first novel!), reading, dancing and watching movies

Height: I believe I am 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm going to start (again) Sunday 27

Starting Weight: Haven't weighed myself for a while. I'm guessing around 180- 190

Present Weight: Around 180 - 190

Goal Weight: First goal is to go back to 150. Depending on how I feel/look 140 - 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My weakness around sugary snacks and carbs. Binges. Lack of exercise due to sweat/heat trigger for chronic eczema.

Following any specific plan: Clean eating. Smaller portions (5-7). No eating after 8. Tea/water and occasional V8 fruit juice. Keeping food journal. Will alow myself to indulge in favourite food maximum once a week. Starting out walking for 30 minutes at least 3x a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not looking at this as a diet but a lifestyle change. When I make a mistake (eating a whole sleeve of oreo) I won't abandon my diet.

bekahbooks 03-29-2016 02:37 PM

First name: Bekah

Geographical location: United States

Children/Ages:

Pets: Not at the moment, but I have every intention of becoming a crazy cat lady. :D

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, painting, charcoal sketching, singing, and baking.

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes and dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 5, 2016

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 150 (to begin with -- may continue past that.)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Tendency to comfort eat during high-stress days.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories (1300-1800 per day) with tracking app and cardio routine (4-5 times per week, 25 minutes sessions).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My chronic depression held me back from sustained weight loss -- I would lose weight, have another period of depression, and gain everything back. This last year I finally got my depression treated and it is now under control. Without that constant up-and-down cycle, sustaining a good nutrition and exercise plan has been so much easier. I'm just hoping to keep it up! (29 pounds lost and 40 pounds to go!)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to joining in the conversations on this forum. Everyone is so lovely and encouraging. Let's lose that weight! :carrot:

Aly0824 04-08-2016 01:06 PM

First name:
Aly
Geographical location:ohio

Marital Status:bf

Children/Ages:none

Pets:ferrets and a kitty

Hobbies/Interests:i love video games and music

Height:5.2

Eye/Hair Color: brown/blonde and green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:april 5th 2016

Starting Weight:139

Present Weight:139

Goal Weight:120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:pushing myself to work hard

Following any specific plan:just eating right

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I changed my eating habits and I hope it stays that way I havent ate fast food in a week which is good for me.

Determinedchick22 04-30-2016 05:31 AM

I'm 25 and at 10 stone 10 am the heaviest I've ever been time to take action.

Winosaurus 06-12-2016 11:44 AM

First name: Taryn

Geographical location: North Dakota

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: Harley, 4

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Entertaining, Hunting, Fishing, Wrenching on vehicles, photography, bingewatching netflix

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/8/16

Starting Weight: 257

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: All of it. I need to have the willpower to make conscious food choices as well as the willpower to make myself get off my butt.

Following any specific plan: Nothing too specific. Working out like a boss, and eating healthy/clean versions of my favorite meals. I'm going to try to incorporate vegetarian meals in more often too, as well as power smoothies.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like it was easier for me to lose the weight the first time, as I was younger and had no real responsibilities. I feel like this time it's different because I have to maintain my life as well as improve myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to say good job, good luck, keep going. We'll get there.

Winry 06-19-2016 08:59 PM

My Profile

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: New York, USA

Marital Status: single (but have a boyfriend)

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: 2 dogs and a cat

Hobbies/Interests: camping, kayaking, and photography

Height: 67 inches

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes and brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 285 lbs May 15th, 2016

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight:279

Goal Weight:250

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress and emotional eating.

Following any specific plan: Using MyFitnessPal and exercising regularly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have gained some emotional confidence that I have never had before. In the past, I never had the support that I wanted, and now that has changed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a huge issue with "yo- yo" ing with my weight. I will lose a ton of weight, but within a few months I will gain it back plus more.

NaturalBeauty17 06-25-2016 02:38 PM

First name: Emily

Geographical location: UK

Children/Ages:

Pets: 2 pets

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, blonde/brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY

Starting Weight: 133lbs

Present Weight: 133lbs

Goal Weight: 115lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightless: Junk food :/

Following any specific plan: Starting with the South Beach Diet and continuing to Low Fat High Carb Vegan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm setting it as a gaol rather than 'i should probably lose weight" And holding myself accountable by telling people, joining communities and joining this forum.

Allons_y_Doctor 07-05-2016 04:17 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Pets: Dog- Tarzan

Hobbies/Interests: Films, television, reading, writing and basically anything entertainment.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Green , Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, July 5th.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated

Following any specific plan: None yet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose the weight to qualify for a breast reduction surgery and to be healthier

ambymaries 07-12-2016 07:39 PM

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status: Common Law

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: music, crafting, reading, travelling, coffee drinking

Height: 5'5 or so

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Uh... 2003 or earlier. Chronic yo-yo dieter :dizzy: Starting date of my current journey: July 2/16 (switched from WW to SB as of yesterday)

Starting Weight: 217

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating for entertainment/enjoyment; emotional eating; food addiction; maintaining weight loss

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Following South Beach as an adult (last time I did I was 14). It's nice to be able to eat until I'm full instead of having minuscule portions that I have to ration out/count (that was triggering past ED behaviours so I had to switch)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Have tried several diets: WW, SB, calorie counting, vegetarian... Here's hoping SB as an adult where I can make my own food choices works!

FYML 07-12-2016 08:59 PM

First name: Dakota

Geographical location: Canada

Pets: Nicholas Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Baseball, fishing, quading

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 28, 2015

Starting Weight: 245.4

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control, motivation to work out

Following any specific plan: Eating clean and low carb and starting 21 day fix when it comes in the mail

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am ready! I have taken pictures of myself and I am ready to make a change. I am eating clean and have not felt hungry or like I need to eat more. I have ordered 21 day fix to help me with my portion control and i have bought a food scale. I am also ready the labels on EVERYTHING and cutting sugar as much as possible. This time around I am also on a healthy sleep schedule and have a regular routine that leaves me hours to prepare my meals and to walk on the treadmill. I have even gone as far as to make my own salad dressing as opposed to using the crap filled store bought ones. The hardest thing for me to give up was my vanilla greek yogurt (approx 25-30 grams of sugar a serving) but I have happily replaced it with non fat plain greek yogurt with vanilla extract, almond butter, and chia seeds (5g of sugar and way less carbs!!)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Clean eating is the way to a healthy body! Not depriving yourself of food!

abrin 07-18-2016 10:22 PM

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Rockford, Illinois, USA

Marital Status: Unmarried, but in a relationship

Pets: Fish

Hobbies/Interests: Running/walking, Movies and netlfix, Video games and board games

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime this April

Starting Weight: 212.5

Present Weight: 170.5

Goal Weight: 158

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Weightloss isn't bad. Keeping that weight off is my greatest struggle. I feel comfortable when I'm focusing on weightloss and dieting. I feel like I'm in control. When I stop dieting because I'm happy with my weight/body, then the real struggle begins! I know I am going to HAVE to make eating healthy and exercising a part of my everyday life in order to manage my weight!

Following any specific plan: Eat healthier foods, stay within my calories, exercise regularly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am taking things slower. I have less to lose this time, so I don't feel so rushed. I have plenty of time to lose the weight that I need to!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Two years ago, I went on a diet and lost about 135 lbs. Then, I gained back about 50 lbs. This time, I'm determined to keep it all off. Previously in my life, I have lost weight as well. The first time was when I was 17 and still in high school. I lost about 70 lbs. My weight has always been up and down because I just really love eating. When I'm not dieting, I can't control my eating. This time, my big focus is not just keeping the weight off, but also I really want to learn how to control my eating for the rest of my life. I hate the feeling of losing control.

Another interesting thing: when I was losing the 135 lbs, I never once had a cheat day or cheat meal. Not once. Not one little piece of chocolate. Not one french fry. Nothin'. I dieted for about 8 months to lose it all. So, people who say you "need" cheat days are wrong. If you are determined enough, all you need is your own will power and that little voice in the back of your head telling you "don't give up".

Scotsgal 08-07-2016 07:14 AM

First name:Caireen

Geographical location:Scotland, UK

Children/Ages: NONE

Pets:Dog Called Zoe

Hobbies/Interests: Scottish Pipe Band Drummer, Love music, Love to travel

Height:5ft, 6

Eye/Hair Color:Green eyes, Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:13th January 2016

Starting Weight:323lbs

Present Weight:301lbs

Goal Weight:165lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:EXERCISE!! I do it in waves, sometimes I have all the motivation for it, sometimes I want to curl up on the couch

Following any specific plan:My Fitness Pall, 1450 calories daily with 5,000 steps daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am more educated on food, portions and know more about my own body.

Rockincon 08-15-2016 12:18 AM

First name: Constance

Geographical location: California, USA

Marital Status: Single and not ready to mingle

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 3 dogs, two cats and a lot of fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading,photography, film editing,movies

Height: 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day I was brought fourth into the world

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Motivation to drag myself to the gym

Following any specific plan: Survival plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time if I don't get down to my goal weight I can't get the career I want.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have played 5 sports my entire life and yet still no weight loss -_- and I am a foodie...which doesn't help.

narwhal_hugs 09-07-2016 01:32 PM

Ready to BURN BURN BURN!

First name: Kelly

Geographical location: USA

Pets: Three cats (Rhino, Flitter, and Trifle)

Hobbies/Interests: cartoons, wine tasting, fire pits, writing, voice acting, meditation, dreams

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Honey-colored hair with highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/7/2016

Starting Weight:

Present Weight: still need to weigh myself

Goal Weight: 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Need to burn this belly fat! I enjoy naughty foods, so trying to avoid those!

Following any specific plan: Working out at least 30 mins a day, avoid late night eating and sweets

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not out of shape, but I need to do more strength training

Anything else you would like to share with us: I make some pretty stellar guacamole .

annaloverlee 09-07-2016 01:51 PM

First name: Anna

Geographical location: Johnson City, TN

Pets: One black and white kitten named Gobi

Hobbies/Interests: Cosmetology, Social Issues, Cooking, Animals, Volunteer Work, Astronomy, Music, Road Trips

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Strawberry Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 2016

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 228

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The fear of failing yet again. Giving up after a lot of progress, because of one bad week.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using MyFitnessPal and fitness apps

I am married already, but we haven't had our big celebration with family yet and I really want to look my best. Also I've had enough of gaining and regaining weight, I'm sick of it. I really want to do this for my life and for my future children and for my husband. And for me. I finally want to make myself happy. I know I'm missing out on a happy life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to connect with the people on this website. It's important that I have a support network, where I can also give support.

Add me as a friend or message me anytime!!

Ameline 09-10-2016 03:27 AM

First name: Martina

Geographical location: Czech Republic

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: /

Pets: Border terrier Buddy

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, learning, dancing, bellydance, larp, psychology, philosophy, history, language, mysticism, music

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Grey-blue-green, dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3rd september 2016

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 176

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not forgetting to eat and buy food (so I don't go wild once I do get to some)

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting + meal plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Better planning, more knowledge, support system, determination

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi! I absolutely love the community here, such nice people

Skork 09-25-2016 12:11 AM

Shelby, losing for the Army!

First name: Shelby

Geographical location: Idaho

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: I wish!

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, writing

Height: 5 foot 8 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: September 16th

Starting Weight:170

Present Weight:165

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: My husband not being on board

Following any specific plan: Mostly just keeping a food journal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The food journal, rather than just winging a plan and then failing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really tired of practically killing myself in order to meet height/weight for the Army weigh-ins. I want to end that stress once and for all!

spunthestars 11-23-2016 09:58 AM

First name: Caroline

Geographical location: Montreal, Canada

Children/Ages: Oh dear, no.

Pets: Two cats, Fantine and Cosette

Hobbies/Interests: I harbour an unhealthy, unreasonable, devastating love for One Direction. I love writing and sometimes I dabble in arts and crafts like cross stitch and knitting.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm not sure, yet. At first I thought next week, but with the holidays right around the corner, I feel like I'd be setting myself up for failure. It's most likely to be January 1st, after the turkeypocalypse that December will be.

Starting Weight: eh last time I weighed myself I was at 219, roughly a week ago

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 160, literally the lightest I'll have ever been since I hit puberty

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercising. I haven't found anything yet that I like, except perhaps the yoga I try to do daily with YouTube videos, but eh. I'm not sure it counts.

Following any specific plan: I'm considering Atkins. I used My Fitness Pal over the summer, but that didn't work too well for me. I need more rules. Also, if I eat any more carbs I'll turn into a baguette.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think having found this community will help me. I'll feel less alone. Also, I want to look banging at my best friend's wedding next summer, I'm maid of honour. Also, just, like... an overall weariness about not liking myself. I want to do this for me. I think this time it's grounded in a true desire to change rather than plain old self-hatred. Oh and I live on my own, now, so I control my food rather than having to eat whatever my mom cooked.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm hella gay

HanneCat 11-27-2016 04:11 AM

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Australia

Occupation: University student, studying to be high school English/history teacher

Pets: A cat named Misty, who is a handful, but I love her anyway :) She's a tabby who is about 3 years old

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, gaming, baking

Height: About 160cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I think it was early October 2016 when I started doing it "for real"

Starting Weight: 96kg

Present Weight: 84kg

Goal Weight: 63kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating/sweet tooth :(

Following any specific plan: Currently Jenny Craig, but after quitting once my trial membership is over I plan to just try to stick to "everything in moderation" as much as possible, plus sticking with at least 3x scheduled exercise each week

I have no clue but for some reason I seem to be binge eating less O.O It's like something "clicked" and I feel like I can do this

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to becoming active in this community! :)

gaialove 12-08-2016 11:51 AM

First name: Zoe

Geographical location: Thailand (UK originally)

Marital Status: Long distance relationship

Children/Ages: Nooooo

Pets: None unless you include the geckos that occasionally decide they wanna be roomies

Hobbies/Interests: Alternative/indie & trashy early 00's pop music, TV/Netflix, LGBT stuff, movies, reading, swimming, excessive alcohol consumption, travel

Height: 161cm/5'3.5" (the .5 is extremely important)

Eye/Hair Colour: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/12/2016

Starting Weight: I'm not going by weight due to getting waaay too obsessed with the scale in my previous attempts at getting healthy, so I'm going by clothes size. Starting size: UK 14/16

Present Clothes size: UK 14/16

Goal Size: UK 10 / being able to fit into at least some of the high street Thai clothes.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: long history of binge eating, a massive sweet tooth and living in a country where I have to eat 90% of my meals out rather than cook at home due to both money and lack of equipment (I have no kitchen, only a fridge).

Following any specific plan: cutting crap out of my diet, reducing portions, exercise at least 4 times a week, focusing on weight training (I wanna be stronggg)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: gonna do it the healthy way so hopefully it will be maintainable, rather than heavy, unhealthy restricting that's focused on the scale rather than my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm socially awkward sorry??

sarah91 12-18-2016 03:51 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: I love cars, tattoos, spending time with family and friends.

Height: 5' 7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today..?

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 245

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overeating, portion size, no support

Following any specific plan: going to try the Whole 30 next month.. other than that.. nothing

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: hoping if I have support it will help more.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just looking for support, tired of failure :(

rustylush 12-19-2016 09:44 AM

First name: Mandie

Geographical location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Pets: Tortie female cat named Pepper, medium hair ginger male cat named Flash

Hobbies/Interests: Walking, softball, reading, watching TV series', travelling, drinking alcohol

Height: 5'-6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 19, 2016

Starting Weight: 188

Present Weight: see ticker

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bedtime snacking and drinking beer

Following any specific plan: A local clinic, Gail's Weight Loss, helped me last year with meal plans, so I will be following the same plan moving foward

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting married in June, have already ordered my wedding dress, and am also going to Mexico in February

Anything else you would like to share with us: For me, the requirement of weigh-ins is probably the biggest motivation. As long as I can get into some types of challenges here: I know I can succeed

Futuremartian 12-26-2016 08:40 PM

Howdy

First name: Christy

Geographical location: Alaska

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 1/1

Pets: 1 snake

Hobbies/Interests: painting/sculpture

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2016

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation

Following any specific plan: 1800 calories/10,000 steps daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: meal planning, activity tracking, better all around planning

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope :)

Slothee 01-03-2017 03:50 PM

First name: Sanna

Geographical location: Netherlands / Amsterdam area

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: no :(

Hobbies/Interests: reading/writing, spoken word, Netflix my love!

Height: 168 cm

Eye/Hair Color: blue / blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12 years ago :D

Starting Weight: 77 kg / 170 lbs

Present Weight: 77 kg / 179 lbs

Goal Weight: 65 kg / 143 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My vicious mixture of lazyness, sweet tooth and lack of discipline ...

Following any specific plan: counting calories, focussing on cooking myself and smooting into excercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my mindset and my boyfriend who is on board!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck to everyone!

Guinness_Lady 01-05-2017 11:12 AM

First name: Karolina

Geographical location: Poland

Children/Ages: nah

Pets: one pupper, a Landseer; a horse (if you consider horse a pet)

Hobbies/Interests: horse riding, languages I guess

Height: 164cm

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/also dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:05.01.2017

Starting Weight: 81kg

Present Weight: 81kg

Goal Weight: 65kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sugar addiction, binge eating disorder, depression? I'll see I guess

Following any specific plan: cutting sugar and more-or-lessly watching my calorie intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm here now :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck everyone!

anm017 01-07-2017 02:49 PM

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Maryland

Pets: 2 skinny pigs (hairless guinea pigs)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading/music/watching TV. I am looking to find more to keep me busy/active

Height: 5 ft 3

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes/ blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:On and off again for some time. First was September of 2010.

Starting Weight: 347

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 147

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mindless/binge eating, try to work more activity in

Following any specific plan: Writing down what I eat. (No portions or calories, just what I have been eating) Exercise 3-4x week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past, I meticulously counted calories and it worked very well physically, mentally it was very hard. I became very obsessive over every bite I put into my mouth, making sure to record it down and get the exact calories. I stopped doing things with friends/family because I didn't want to eat with them. I lost a lot of weight quite quickly, however I was very irritable and it is unhealthy to be completely obsessed with it. I have not counted calories in 2 years. I have put back on 56 lbs, about 1/3 of the weight I loss. This time around, I will still be writing down what I eat, but just as a guide to reference. I already know what a "normal" serving size looks like and how to balance a healthy diet. It's just time to put it into action!

Also, I am going on a cruise in July and getting married in April 2018. I want to start dress shopping soon!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Please feel free to reach out to me, I'm always looking for people to talk to about their journey's!

Zingo 01-12-2017 08:48 PM

First name: Leila

Geographical location: London, UK

Marital Status: Single (as ever)

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: Never had one

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, languages, crime dramas, documentaries, football

Height: 5'7 - 170cm

Eye/Hair Color: Black hair, dark brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2016 is the start of my current journey, but I've stopped and started since February 2015.

Starting Weight:
176 - 79kg (Dec 2016). In Feb 2015 I was 167 - 75.5kg

Present Weight
: 171 - 77kg (Jan 2017)

Lowest weight (since starting overall fitness journey):
155 - 70kg (April 2015)

Goal Weight:
Under 140 - 63kg. But I'm more interested in inches, especially around my belly!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
I comfort eat and stress eat :/ plus I give up too easily and make stupid excuses for my ridiculous eating habits

Following any specific plan:
Nope.

Well, I'm hoping to not stop. As a student I tend to always give up my healthy eating/exercising when assignment/exam time rolls around, and I have next to no self control when I snack, so then I feel crap and lose motivation quickly. This time I won't allow myself that excuse! Hopefully.... lol :p

Good luck to everyone! :cb:

hiimawkward 01-17-2017 06:12 PM

First name: Candra

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: 1 boy, 6 months old <3

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: being a mom, psychology, music/singing, browsing the internet, watching tv

Height: 5'

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes and red hair (natural)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 2016

Starting Weight: 271

Present Weight: I honestly don't know right now. :(

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I can't get my eating under control. :(

Following any specific plan: I was trying to do Weight Watchers on my own. i need to get back on it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a son now. I need to get healthy for him!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really.. I just want to say that I could use any friends and support that anyone is willing to offer!

ohhi 01-20-2017 10:07 PM

First name: Jordan

Geographical location: Missouri

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: 10 year old Aussie and 5 month old Aussie

Hobbies/Interests: Running, working, dog park

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2017, did a stint of whole 30 in January 2016

Starting Weight: 187

Present Weight: 173

Lowest weight (since starting overall fitness journey): n/a

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating out has been a hobby for me and I work in adverting.

Following any specific plan: Nope.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ready to get serious and also cut out drinking!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck to everyone!