3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

liiz 04-10-2013 02:59 PM

First name:Liz

Geographical location:Bay Area, California

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:daughter 7 daughter 3

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:

Height:5'9

Eye/Hair Color:brown/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4/8/2013

Starting Weight:250

Present Weight:250

Goal Weight:180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:stoping myself from eating sweets :/

Following any specific plan:counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am exercising more regularly

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope this time will be the good one! Good luck to everyone !

Andi24 04-13-2013 03:57 PM

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, camping, traveling, spending time with my friends

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? As soon as my Medifast food is delivered, 4/15-4/17

Starting Weight: 175-180 depending on the day/time

Present Weight: 175-180 depending on day/time

Goal Weight: 125, for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating when I'm not hungry, food choices, portion control, sticking with it.

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Determination. I'm at an all time high, and I feel really low about myself. Also I'm trying to get more support this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: So far this seems like a great place to come for support, I hope I make it this time!

junebug37 04-15-2013 10:33 AM

First name: Carmen

Geographical location: Southeast (FL/GA LINE!)

Age: 29- this is the group for me for a few more months!! ;)

Marital Status: married 12 years!

Children/Ages: 3 boys/9, 8, & 6

Pets: Dog-Blue Elvis (blue-tick hound)/ 2 yr old quarter horse-Ally

Hobbies/Interests: reading, coaching little league baseball, swimming, beach days, Cub Scouts, riding bikes.

Height: 5 foot.....

Eye/Hair Color: DARK brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/28/13

Starting Weight: 189

Present Weight: 170.5

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: family meals! hard to eat separately. no specific hunger drive fro me! slow metabolism due to skipping meals

Following any specific plan: Metabolic Research Center 17 week Meta-slim

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: asked for help!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Trying to warm up to RUNNING! But so far RUNNING SUCKS! LOLOLOL

mellowmelon 04-15-2013 02:03 PM

First name: Maddie

Geographical location: Utah

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Doggie :)

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Reading, Hanging out with friends

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue(green), Brownish Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4.11.12

Starting Weight: 251.8

Present Weight: 248.3

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation

Following any specific plan: Exercise&Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have no choice but to lose the weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Any tips would be amazing! I am also a fantastic listener, so if you ever need to talk, PM me :)

Andrea85 04-15-2013 02:22 PM

First name: Andrea

Geographical location: Houston, TX

Marital Status: Living with boyfriend

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: 2 dogs! Remi, my absolute lovie buggie pit bull mix rescue. She's about 1.5 years old. And Cuda, our big loveable dopey Rhodesian Ridgeback, is 3.

Hobbies/Interests: I love being outdoors. Hiking, boating, kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, jogging, and sports. I don't do all these things a lot, mind you, but I love them when I can do them! I also enjoy reading, turning old T shirts into 80's looking workout shirts. I love taking my dogs out and about, enjoying a drink every now and then, and chatting with my girl friends.

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown eyes, naturally dark blond hair but I like to dye it dark brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2008.

Starting Weight: 200 lbs

Present Weight: 164 (a few have crept back on!).

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating, definitely. I had a TERRIBLE relationship with food. I have overcome a lot in my snacking, portion control, and nutrition habits. I still struggle with occasional snacking problems and chocolate cravings. I just love to eat!

Following any specific plan: Nothing specific, but I am focusing on veggies, certain fruits (mostly berries, 1 banana & 1 apple a day), and lean protein. I have carbs in the form of breads, etc, as little as possible while still ensuring I get a few a day. Workouts are 4-5 times a week. I alternate weeks between strength training and cardio. I don't do cardio every day due to getting slight shin splints, hurt knees, etc, when I do a lot of it. I don't strength train every week because I am STARVING when I strength train, and I have a hard time not eating everything in sight just because I am so hungry!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have less to go, so I am having a really hard time pushing myself to the point where I need to be to get results. In the past, giving up alcohol, most snacking, and bad foods was enough. Now, I have to let myself be a little hungry, absolutely no extra snacking, and the heat makes margaritas sound SO tempting! I have NO leeway if I want to get down another 10-15 lbs, and that is super hard.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just happy to have people to vent to who GET IT!

ape85 04-16-2013 06:21 PM

First name: April

Geographical location: new york

Children/Ages: Max- 7 weeks

Pets: dill - toy poodle mix

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/1613

Starting Weight:184

Present Weight:184

Goal Weight:144

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: dont want to become so obsessive, want to do this in a more healthy way

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I lost 100 pounds a few years ago with the help of this site. My weight started to creep up when I was in a relationship. I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and also just broke up with my fiance. Seemed like a good time to start new

Cinnamonfox89 04-21-2013 01:07 PM

First name: Janay

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Pets: Yorkie

Hobbies/Interests: Music Dancing and Gaming... Reading

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/16/2013

Starting Weight:175

Present Weight:175

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad foods and I am a bit of a wino

Following any specific plan: eat clean and drink plenty of water... maybe have a cheat meal on the weekdays.. if I do the cheat meal on the weekend I stray for the rest of the weekend

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: A reason and desire to put my best me forward and career choice includes being a top notch chick

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a big gamer I have an xbox i play computer games too ;-0

Hoopty 04-25-2013 07:53 PM

First name: Kathrin

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: Happily Married

Occupation: For now stay at home wife (lol!) but I'm going to try to get into air controlling preferably with Lufthansa

Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion, football, nutrition, languages, traveling, fitness

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Technically April 2011 but let myself go (went from 160 lbs to 126 lbs then back up to 150 lbs). New start on January 15th, 2013.

Starting Weight: 150.4 lbs

Present Weight: 139.8 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PMDD food cravings, bingeing and emotional eating. I can eat TONS of junk food when I PMS and I mean - I can eat so much you wouldn't believe it. Place a whole cake, chocolate, donuts, ice cream and pudding in front of me and I'll eat it all. When I'm upset, I tend to wanna eat junk. When I'm super happy, I tend to wanna eat junk. It's horrible! Once I start I can't stop and the word "moderation" doesn't mean anything to me.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to be overall healthy which also means that I have sweets every once in a while. I eat a lot of veggies, fruits and whole-grains. I've been going vegetarian for about 3 months now and I'm really enjoying it. Also, I've never been a fan of sodas or processed foods, I have never smoked and I don't drink. Oh, and - I don't eat any carbs for dinner. As far as exercising goes, I go to the gym whenever my body and mind feels like it which is usually about 4 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Trying not to limit myself. It's all about moderation!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Summer will be here soon girls, we can do this! :)

BeautifulBrownT 04-28-2013 04:28 PM

First name: Tammi

Geographical location: DMV

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: 1 shih tzu

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Watching tv, Movies, music

Height:5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/1/2013

Starting Weight: 147

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation, boredom/emotional eating

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Previously lost weight for special occasions or for summer only but tired of up and down weight and not feeling in control of weight/motivated. This time I want to focus on being healthy and fit year round and make it a lasting habit.

Anything else you would like to share with us:First post and excited to have some unbiased support from other women :)

lizzieT 04-29-2013 01:36 PM

First name: Lizzie

Geographical location: Huntsville, AL

Marital Status:In love, but no ring yet

Children/Ages:My mom. She's 55.

Pets:Does my niece count?

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking/baking, crochet, and Scrabble

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4/28/13

Starting Weight:240lb

Present Weight:240lb

Goal Weight:180lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have an enormous sweet tooth, and am not very good at following through with projects.

Following any specific plan: Right now I'm just working on cutting out gross processed foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I am finally in a situation where I have complete control over the groceries I buy, the meals I cook, and the food I eat. I am going to take full advantage of this and instead of looking at my goal as another project I'm going to think of it as a life overhaul where I'm going to start Living and Experiencing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My weight and eating habits have messed up my insulin. I have some kind of low-blood sugar thing that now makes me even hungrier all day and night long, and if I eat the wrong combination/amount of high-sugar foods I crash and faint ...*yay*....

SugarDown 04-29-2013 01:48 PM

First name: A

Marital Status: Newlywed!

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: camping, hiking, reading, dancing..adventuring!

Height: 4'11ish

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ugh, my whole life? I'm a yoyo dieter.

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have a sweet tooth, I love carbs and I don't really like exercising just to exercise.

Following any specific plan: Trying to get back into running. I used to be addicted so I know it'll come back...right?! Try to go for a walk everyday with my husband... Also eat better, and have a green smoothie every day. Cut back on junk.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Mm, I have lots of extra time at the moment!

Anything else you would like to share with us: My bmi is 28.6, i'm an apple shape, and I'm super short so I carry my weight pretty badly. I really would like a more athletic look and I'd like to not have a gut!

Bunnydream 04-30-2013 04:29 PM

First name: Christiana

Geographical location: Newfoundland, but Memphis bound in 3+ months for school

Marital Status:
engaged

Children/Ages:
nope!

Occupation:Art student, going to get my beauty license in august!

Pets:
none

Hobbies/Interests: I'm an amateur illustrator with big dreams to become an animator, I love to cook thai food and indian food, I am really into fashion blogging, I love gaming, and basically an all-around nerd!

Height: pretty sure I'm 5'7, but I could be 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown eyes, I was a platinum blonde with verrry long roots showing about a week ago, then I dyed it to the ends the closest I could get to my natural hair color. I am a medium brunette.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 25th 2013

Starting Weight: 260 lbs

Present Weight: 260 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Nothing big yet, but I will get there! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Following any specific plan: I downloaded LoseIt! (a basic calorie counter, very similar to My Fitness Pal) and I will be doing a low-fat non-processed food diet, within my calorie budget. I will be hitting the gym for 30 min cardio and light weight training within my abilities, 5 days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have decided to go through therapy and I am going to track my progress daily. I have lots of support, this time around I think I can make it. OA is very powerful for me and I believe I can make it with proper support and a good plan. So far, so good. I am drinking water with lemon and orange slices instead of sodas and processed juices.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Something I'd like to share about what I've come to understand (even though I haven't lost any major weight yet, and I've just started!) is that admitting you are unhealthy can be VERY difficult. But once you get to that realization (it took me 2 years to figure out that I had a problem with my relationship with food) don't freak out and don't think all hope is lost. You are now empowered to make changes in your life because you truly want to; not because other people force it upon you. No doctor or boyfriend/girlfriend or family member or close friend can make you lose weight/ see your problem. YOU are the only person that can make the change for yourself. But do look for support along the journey!! I'm glad to be apart of this community.

PrettiiPisces 05-10-2013 01:15 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Roseville CA

Marital Status:

Children/Ages: 7 Destiny 6 Christian 2 1/2 Hailey

Pets: 2 teeny pups, Sophie and Little Bear

Hobbies/Interests: I love singing, dancing, cooking, the outdoors, bbq's

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/6/13

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion Control

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting..Low Carb Low SugaR

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am excited and dedicated...I am still young I need to be healthy for my family

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need motivation and I feel like a need a partner all the time so I think this site will be good for me, my boyfriend is a darn twig to I feel alone sometimes even though he is very supportive

mairee 05-12-2013 06:54 PM

First name: Mary

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: none!

Pets: The best dog ever!

Hobbies/Interests: I mean I love to read. HARRY POTTER<3. I love traveling, doing new things, going on adventures, and really just having fun.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. 5/12/2013

Starting Weight: 258

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: For now 180.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding support and staying motivated

Following any specific plan: I just plan on dieting and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is honestly the lowest I've felt in a long time. I'm tired of this and I'm ready to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would really love to find one specific person close to my stats to talk to regularly. If you want to be my weight loss buddy send me a message! We can get each through this together!

koigetshealthy 05-13-2013 10:30 AM

hi :)

First name: Koi

Geographical location: Connecticut

Marital Status: My boyfriend and I have been together for almost four years now!

Administrative Coordinator for a commercial real estate and development company

Pets: one 4 1/2 month old american pit bull terrier named Braxton

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a film and photography junkie. and I like music. and anything that involves any sort of art

Height: 5'7" (almost)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: (does birth count?) 5/14/13

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My bulimia and binge eating disorder

Following any specific plan: Not really, trying a little bit of everything. Just learning about my body and improving it any way I can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I always gave up on diets, but this time it is a lifestyle change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi :) I suck at making friends, haha.

carebearcm89 05-16-2013 11:38 AM

Hey

First name: Carrie

Geographical location:North Carolina

Marital Status: Single/dating someone/ probably could say we are practically married

Pets: 2 cats 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, reading southern romance novels, watching disney movies, (Newest hobby is running).

Height: 5 foot 7 inches- ish

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes brownish with a tint of red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:most of my life.

Starting Weight:264.8

Present Weight:254.8

Goal Weight:150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying away from fast food, Avoiding my sweet tooth, and getting people to support me and understand why I am doing this.

Following any specific plan: I running using Couch 2 5k but I am reducing my portions and eating a lot more fruits and veggies.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am determined to get healthy so that when I am ready to have kids I will provide them with the best environment for 9 months and be a good role model for them the rest of their lives.

Anything else you would like to share with us: When I was in high school I struggled with an eating disorder. I started out at 180lbs and ended up at 95lbs. I rarely ate. When I got to college I struggled with depression and still do and I turned to food because it was the one thing that I could count on and had control over. I quickly put on weight. I got into a relationship that was unhealthy in college and he was always talking how fat I was and was belittling me and often would abuse me verbally and once physically and I decided enough was enough and left him when I left him I had this weird reaction to it where I would go without eating again lost 30lbs and then I put back on 50lbs once I got over it. I am currently happy and ready to lose over the 100lbs that I need to in order to get healthy.

fitmama84 05-18-2013 11:35 AM

First name: Morgan

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: One boy age 7 months.

Pets: Primrose the basset hound, and Jack the turtle.

Hobbies/Interests: Going to the beach, reading supernatural books, watching TV and movies, playing guitar (not very well though), singing, going to amusement parks

Height: 5 feet even.

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair and eyes.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 17, 2013

Starting Weight: 228.8

Present Weight: 227.8

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing 100 lbs!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers, and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm heavier than I ever have been before, and now I have a post-baby deflated tire around my waist.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My favorite TV show is Walking Dead!

Alibaibee 05-24-2013 10:38 PM

I've been on 3fc for months on months, but have only become more active now that i'm creeping fairly close to my goal. lol. I was so swamped during my school semester I didn't have a ton of time to write all the things I wanted to!

First name: Ali

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Pets: Meisha, a 7 pound maltese yorkie!

Hobbies/Interests: working out, watching movies, traveling

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: hazel, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 15, 2013

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 127

Goal Weight: Original: 120, but I think I may lower it to 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control

Following any specific plan: just my own :)

SwallowedintheSea 05-26-2013 04:10 PM

This feels like the first day of school!

First name: Chandler

Geographical location: by the beach!

Marital Status: I'm on my third marriage. Kidding. Single. (:

Pets: two doggies

Hobbies/Interests: writing, photography, reading, psychology, running

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: brown & brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started last January

Starting Weight: 133

Present Weight: 129ish

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I lost a bunch of weight when I discovered running. I went from 140-115 and maintained my weight until this winter, when I gained back almost 20 pounds because of depression and some other issues that went on in my life.

Following any specific plan: eating healthy & running!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Because now I understand how good I had it when I was skinny/healthy. I think when I return to my normal weight I will appreciate it more and be more careful about slip-ups.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am pretty young but I have an old soul and I want to work hard and get my body back to it's healthiest.

josie4 05-28-2013 06:51 PM

Hi!!

First name: Jo

Geographical location: Ohio

Children/Ages: 3 girls, 2 boys 5 and under

Occupation: Left my kids' Dad 6 months ago, living with my family, staying at home taking care of my kids

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Don't remember exactly, maybe 10 years ago? I lost it and maintained then the babies came. I was able to get to my pre-pregnancy weight after my first three pregnancies. I started my fifth pregnancy about 20 lbs heavier than normal. My fifth is now 3 months old and I'm getting close to my ideal weight.

Starting Weight: Close to 190 at the end up my pregnancy, upper 170's after having her.

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 135 for now.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not overeating

Following any specific plan: I took a Christian weight-loss course that helped me greatly, settingcaptivesfree.com

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not turning to food anymore to try to make my problems better.

tehshort1 05-28-2013 07:46 PM

First name: Mandi

Geographical location: Lady Lake (Ocala Area), Fl

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 5 year old German Shepherd namd Zeb, 1 4 year old cat named Bowie

Hobbies/Interests:Crochet, Walking, Video Games

Height:5' 1"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Light Auburn Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most recently - Jan 1, 2013

Starting Weight:212 (my highest was 230)

Present Weight:164.4

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my natural laziness

Following any specific plan:Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never followed a plan before. I am having awesome success with weight watchers as a meeting member.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I previously lost 50 pounds in high school and got down to 140 my senior year. When I hit college instead of the Freshman 15 it was more like the Freshman 90 :( After several years of being unable to get pregnant, my husband and I are hoping that getting BOTH of us into shape will raise our chances of starting a family.

Infinitesimal 05-28-2013 08:03 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Alabama, USA

Marital Status: ...NOPE! (not for a while, at least)

Children/Ages: one day

Pets: One feisty little black cat named Jethro

Hobbies/Interests: ...you know, I'm trying to figure that one out right now.

Height: 5'2 1/2" ...once you start getting below 5'4", the half inches start counting... haha

Eye/Hair Color: blonde/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/26/2013

Starting Weight: 138

Present Weight: 138

Goal Weight: Wherever I feel healthy, but no lower than 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting frustrated when it doesn't happen fast enough for me and quitting.

Following any specific plan: nope. just changing the foods I eat and getting active.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not trying to hit a specific number this time. Just trying to take back control of my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a HUGE Star Trek nerd, but you wouldn't know from looking at me! Haha.

oliconnelly 06-02-2013 09:47 PM

First name: Olivia

Geographical location: Kentucky

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, sewing, Renaissance Faires, Medieval history, playing violin and piano

Eye/Hair Color: grey-blue/medium brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Not entirely sure? I'll just say my join date here, as I have been going on and off of diets, as well as on and off of this site ever since then.

Starting Weight: 287.6 (this time)

Present Weight: 281.4

Goal Weight: 160, for now. That may change once I get around that weight.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Motivating myself to exercise with my knee pain and overcoming the temptation to eat out every day for lunch with my co-workers.

Following any specific plan: Simply calorie counting. I just recently did the cabbage soup diet, and only made it through the first four days.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I recently broke up with my boyfriend, and therefore feel like I have more time to devote to getting myself healthy, seeing as it will be much easier to resist the temptation to eat out so often. I also really feel as if this is actually for myself this time around, and not to impress anyone else.

I am obsessed with Renaissance Faires, and am currently a little worried that I will so much weight before this summer's fair that I will no longer fit my costumes properly. (Which isn't entirely a bad thing.) I also have had increasing problems with both of my knees over the past two years, one moreso than the other due to an injury. I am hoping that getting a big amount of this weight off will help out with that and that I can avoid having knee replacement surgery in the future.

CannaBliss 06-03-2013 11:11 AM

First name: Imani

Pets: Pitbull named Sirius Black XD

Hobbies/Interests: I don't think I have any hobbies :\, but i like music and going to concerts.

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Orange-ish Brown?

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/17/13

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 208

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Craving sweets (cakes, cookies, ice cream, kool-aid, ect.)

Following any specific plan: Cut down on sweets, eating more veggies and fruits.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a better support group, and my confidence has gotten extremely better.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi!

Nagazim 06-05-2013 11:14 PM

First name:Magan

Geographical location: Mississippi, USA

Children/Ages: Son (3) and daughter (14 months)

Pets: 3 goats and 55 chickens :) We homestead.

Hobbies/Interests: I love computer games too much. WoW, Sims 3, FB games. I also LOVE Netflix. I need more active hobbies.

Height: 5'6.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About 10 years ago. I yo-yo like no body's business. Recent: June 1, 2013.

Starting Weight: 275 lbs

Present Weight: 268 lbs

Goal Weight: 160ish lbs. I'm not 100% sure where I want to go to. I just want to be under 180lbs. That's around where I was when my hubby and I married.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: night time snacking. My brain goes nuts and everything sounds so yummy. I need a guard for my kitchen after 9pm.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting like a boss. It's going very well this time around.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been this terrified that my children will notice I'm fat. I don't want kids to even remember me this size. So I'm desperately wanting to lose not only for me, but to help my kids have a healthy role model.

I forgot to mention that I'm obsessed with reading and love fantasy style books.

JRP2689 06-07-2013 06:49 PM

First name: Jazmine

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, crafts, reading

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 20, 2013

Starting Weight: 193

Present Weight: 179

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: straying from the plan

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a specific plan to stick to rather than trying to figure out what is healthy and what is not on my own.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad that I found this forum, I hope this is the time that sticks.

SoOverThisFat 06-14-2013 10:01 PM

First name: Ammaris

Pets: 2 cats - Oreo & Gracie, 8 fish - Marv, Bartholomew, Goldilocks, Animus, Thing 1, Thing 2, Runt, and Sucker.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, World of Warcraft, fishkeeping, gardening, kayaking, hiking, camping, fishing, & geocaching. All outdoor activies have kind of come to a halt due to weight gain.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel / dirty blonde (dyed blonde blonde)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today :)

Starting Weight: I weighed myself a month ago and it was 275. I will not be stepping on the scale until I fit into a size 16.

Present Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: No discipline.

Following any specific plan: C25K, walking 30 min every day, eat less processed foods and bread, eat more green veggies, eat small throughout the day, stay positive!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I didn't try to jog in the past. After today's disappointment I'm determined to be a success story. I signed up for a 5k in November. I've made it my goal.

Anything else you would like to share with us: A carrot: :carrot:

somebodysangel 06-21-2013 08:08 PM

First name: Kalyn.

Geographical location: Ohio.

Marital Status: Engaged.

Children/Ages: No children yet.

Pets: Three- Ziva (11 months old); Punkin (4 years old); Little Man (aka Silver Surfer- 3 months old).

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, making new friends.

Height: 5'5".

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, black hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'll officially start July 1st.

Starting Weight: 170.

Present Weight: 170.

Goal Weight: 130.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: No more midnight snacks!

Following any specific plan: Not really, no.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I WANT to.

Anything else you would like to share with us: No, not really.

makayla94 06-24-2013 08:07 PM

Yay!

First name: MaKayla

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Single (hoping to be married in a few years!!!)

Children/Ages: None!

Occupation: I work as a barn assistant/trainer at a few horse barns.

Pets: Dog, Horses, Cats, Hamster!

Hobbies/Interests: Riding horses, hanging out with my boyfriend, watching movies, and anything else to do!

Height: 5 Foot 8

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Hair, Green/Hazel Eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Uhm, about a year ago

Starting Weight: 244

Present Weight: 222.8

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making myself eat right

Following any specific plan: Eating specific calories, working out daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a boyfriend who loves my body, but I push myself to look better for myself AND him.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope!

ArtThistle 06-24-2013 10:41 PM

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship, but unmarried.

Pets: 2 large-breed dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Drawing, Sewing, Playing Hockey.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, naturally ginger hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A long time ago. Officially retrying as of June 20th, 2013.

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 162

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a grazer, and I tend to choose unhealthy options.

Following any specific plan: Reduced food diet, with increased exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My mentality.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a bit obnoxious, so I apologize in advance.

Liquorice 06-26-2013 11:24 PM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: Minnesota

Pets: Grey kitty

Hobbies/Interests: Nature, art, fashion, perfume, drawing, veg*nism, etc...

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Green & brown eyes; brown-black hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2013

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 153

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: None

Anything else you would like to share with us: not right now.

iixi 06-27-2013 07:00 PM

First name: Ixi

Geographical location: USA- Washington (not d.c)

Marital Status: In a relationship (1.5 years ;)

Pets: 30 tarantulas

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 27

Starting Weight: 150.2

Present Weight: 135-140

Goal Weight: ? -want to build muscle and lose fat so wherever that lands me I'm fine as long as I look good-

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Disordered eating and binges

Following any specific plan: TRYING to keep it under 1600 calories a day but if I can't then I won't fight it. Just trying extremely hard not to binge at this point.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually going to the gym and doing weight training. I'm eating a lot cleaner

Shaunalynn 06-27-2013 08:05 PM

First name: Shauna

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Figure skating

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10 years ago but for efficiency's sake let's say June 1, 2013

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating right, always feel like I need to overdo exercise to get any weight off.

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't want to be fat anymore. I'm sick of it and need to lose it for good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I figure skate, and I want to wear a dress and FEEL thin and LOOK thin. I'm sick of looking like a fat skater.

BrittBit 06-27-2013 08:27 PM

First name:Brittney

Geographical location:San Francisco, California

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None

Pets:I have a kitty.

Hobbies/Interests:Art, wine, food, skiing, kayaking, climbing, camping, music.

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel, red right now but naturally blonde.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Crap! It's been a long, on again off again journey.

Starting Weight:160

Present Weight:145

Goal Weight:115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Actually making a lifestyle change over doing short strict diets.

Following any specific plan:My main goal right now is to not overeat. If I am not going to overeat, I need to steer clear of foods that aren't whole.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:My focus is more on health and well-being rather than what I look like.

kairyudo 06-27-2013 09:05 PM

First name:Kairyudo

Geographical location:Japan

Marital Status: Relationship (2 yrs)

Children/Ages:None

Hobbies/Interests: music, books, Kdramas, dancing

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10th June

Starting Weight:152

Present Weight:152

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional eating, giving up easily and 'punishing' myself by forcing myself to eat...hmm... not good.. And also before I was able to run and went down to 132.. I've since developed a foot problem cuz of flat feet/bunions and am not allowed to do any strenuous activity on my feet so... finding an activity that helps me lose weight and doesn't put stress on my feet is perhaps the biggest hurdle. Yes, I know there's swimming but in a month I'll be moving to India and I'm not keen on going to any public pools there :-/

Following any specific plan: Trying out the intermittent fasting thing... some days I'm good, some days I'm bad.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I REALLY REALLY want to be healthy and change my attitude towards food as a crutch. :)

katevangogh 06-29-2013 06:36 PM

First name: Katie

Children/Ages: No

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Netflix

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown eyes/ Dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Tomorrow I throw out everything bad and really try! So, July 1

Starting Weight:222

Present Weight:222

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Addiction to junk food and soda

Following any specific plan: Nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My last year of college is going to start soon and I want it to be the best year yet!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking for any buddies to trade support with!

Gavvie Farron 06-30-2013 02:11 PM

First name: Gav

Geographical location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Marital Status: Aha...dating I guess...?

Pets: None ):

Hobbies/Interests: Loads lol

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Blonde/Light Brown hair depends really

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/7/2013

Starting Weight: 20 stone/280 lbs

Present Weight: 20 stone/ 280 lbs

Goal Weight: 13 stone/ 180 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my own gluttony and self doubt

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to do this. I actually hate what looks back at me in the mirror

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope we can all help each other and succeed :) I really do

Ready For A Change 06-30-2013 07:57 PM

First name: Becky

Geographical location: UK

Marital Status: Remarkably single!

Children/Ages: None (one day!)

Hobbies/Interests: I used to have hobbies, prior to my studies, but they are now but a faded memory! I used to sing, and I used to read for pleasure *sigh*

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oooo way back.

Starting Weight: 176

Present Weight: 141

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self sabotage. I'm a perfectionist and thus a fear of failure prevents me from trying altogether. Ironic, ah?

Following any specific plan: Nope. Calorie counting has helped for the last 35 lbs, and I hope it will carry me through the final 16.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I wax and wane week by week, day by day, but I have the ability to commit myself absolutely. I just have to find the zone!

Anything else you would like to share with us: If I can loose the weight I have, anyone can. I am not an athletic person!

anm17 06-30-2013 10:28 PM

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Central NY

Marital Status: In a relationship (my supportive boyfriend actually brought me to this site :) )

Pets: One dog, a pit bull/coon hound mix

Hobbies/Interests: Need some new ones... Internet, dogs, swimming

Height: 5 ft 4

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes, light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2010

Starting Weight: 347

Present Weight: 275ish?

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Obsessive eating is definitely my hardest thing to overcome. I can eat well for a while, then when I slip, I go down hard. It is so hard for me to realize that one little slip up won't hurt me.

Following any specific plan: Good ole' diet and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am seeking support from where ever I can get it. My family does not quite understand my struggles. They don't encourage my unhealthy habits, but they don't quite support the healthiest of lifestyles at the same time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Feel free to contact me, I am great at giving support. I appreciate any back :)

Shoes 07-01-2013 05:09 AM

Overly over weight, but determined!

First name:Chantel

Geographical location:East

Marital Status:engaged

Children/Ages:

Pets:1 German Shepard "Rex"

Hobbies/Interests:Walking, reading, drawing, cooking,

Height:5 feet 5 inches

Eye/Hair Color:dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:07/01/13

Starting Weight:208

Present Weight:208

Goal Weight:125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Laziness, fatigue, and smoker.

Following any specific plan: Tried them all, now just eating right and exercise. The old fashioned way.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to feel good and look good.