3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/266461-20-something-profiles.html)

emmablack 01-22-2013 10:00 AM

Hi!

First name: Emma

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: Spider

Hobbies/Interests: Science, make up and hair, reading, star trek :)

Height: 163 cm

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 10, 2012

Starting Weight: 205.4

Present Weight: 198.0

Goal Weight: 138

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being so hungry ALL THE TIME!!

Following any specific plan: Not really, no junk food, lots of veggies and fruit, work out 3x a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing this weight loss with my boyfriend and this time really feels different! I am focused and determined :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really am so happy I found this website. I read a lot of the posts and looked through the threads for a while before I joined. It may have taken some time but I finally joined and I am on here everyday getting support from everyone!

Psychic 01-22-2013 10:03 AM

First name: Ally

Geographical location: Bethel Park, PA

Pets: A cat, a dog, 100+ fish, and 2 chickens at my parent's house

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, anime, Subeta.com

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes are blue/grey. Hair is dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 13, 2013

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 188

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom

Following any specific plan: Just eating healthy and doing cardio and weight training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Going to a gym

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been heavy since I was young. I'm genetically predisposed to be heavy, but I don't want to be. I've struggled with my weight for years. I've tried dieting in the past, but never got through more than a week or two. In the last year, I have gained 20 pounds do to stress and unhealthy diet choices. I want to lose what I gained and more. I refuse to reach 200 pounds.

Airycuh 01-24-2013 04:42 PM

First name: Erica

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: in a relationship and waiting on the ring! ;)

Children/Ages: N/A but hopefully in the future.

Occupation: recent college graduate, work in retail but hopefully going to grad school for a music performance degree.

Pets: 3 kitties! Bruno, Mia, and Percy.

Hobbies/Interests: music of course, playing flute and piccolo, dance, Winterguard, spinning flag, drum corps, knitting, and being super creative!

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: last week, 1/14/13 but have steadily slimming down months prior.

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 283

Goal Weight: 200 or below.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating right. I live with my boyfriend who hates any veggies (meat and potatoes kind of guy) and doesn't gain weight easily. It's going to be hard changing my eating habits with someone else who can eat whatever he wants!

Following any specific plan: turbo Jam exercise program and Couch to 5K app.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. I want to have more energy to live life to the fullest instead of it passing me by.

Anything else you would like to share with us: support support support! I hate doing things alone and really need a system that can push me to do my best and succeed.

birdtostone 01-24-2013 11:06 PM

First name: Kaitlin

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: My holy terror of a cat-dog, Basil, and my boyfriend's cat Pixel.

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, writing, hiking, computer, etc, etc.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, turning slowly green and brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Back in 2010.

Starting Weight: 245

Present Weight: 247

Goal Weight: 140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sheer laziness. There's no getting around it. And my "screw it" mentality when it comes to doing things I want to do.

Following any specific plan: I'll be following the same idea I was initially, intuitive eating along with working out. I've been looking in the Paleo lifestyle lately, and I may switch it up a few times before the end of it all. My exercise focus will be with weight lifting, P90x theme of videos, and perhaps some Jillian Michaels.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've gotten away from the edge I had before with it. I entered into a relationship and weight loss took a backseat. Now, I'm suffering the consequences. I can see a double chin again and I hate it, vehemently. I need to get my butt into gear. Enough is enough.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a lurker, I read a lot and talk less, but I do post when I feel moved to. I love this site and have been here for years now, even if I haven't posted that much, I feel that the inspiration here has been a very positive drive for me.

MrsO2010 01-24-2013 11:46 PM

Afternoon all :-)

First name: Carly

Geographical location: Okinawa, Japan.

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy traveling with my husband and exploring new cultures.

Height: 5 Ft 5

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 27th 2012

Starting Weight: 279 lbs

Present Weight: 267.4

Goal Weight: Gw1: 155 but my ultimate goal weight is 135. I will see how I feel/ look once I reach 155 and decide wether to continue losing or to go into maintaining.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Because we travel a lot eating out is my biggest hurdle. I have to do my research and make sure I'm prepared! "Failing to plan is planning to fail."

Following any specific plan: calorie counting (as well as conscientiously watching carbs/fat/sugars etc) and exercise! I've taken up Zumba and I love it. Although a drunken spider overtakes me in the coordination department.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I haven't really committed myself whole heartily in the past. December 2010 I suffered a devastating miscarriage at 8 weeks. And since then my husband have been trying desperately to conceive again and each month it ends with me in tears and my husband doubting himself as its another chance missed! I realised I can not expect to carry a child if my body is 100% healthy (apart from being very overweight I am healthy). I'm not saying losing the weight will guarantee me getting pregnant but I want to get myself in shape and giving it a good go before we turn to Drs to help!

Sorry my entry was so long winded!

tricenews87 01-25-2013 12:03 AM

First name:Trice

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:Single

Hobbies/Interests :DIY Projects, Classical music, fingernail polish, history, genealogy

Height:5'5''

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 21, 2013

Starting Weight:322

Present Weight: 321

Goal Weight:200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it and a lack of organization

Following any specific plan: Just cutting calories and walking for now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think now I actually want it. Other times I think I really lacked the motivation.

synchrojo 01-28-2013 08:54 PM

First name: Joanna

Geographical location: Washington, DC

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: swimming, playing music, knitting, cooking, arguing, puzzles

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: blue-green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 25

Starting Weight: 187 (my heaviest)

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 150 before starting graduate school in the fall

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: inconsistency and distraction from my goals. That and cheese.

Following any specific plan: limiting to 1400 calories, using my work's gym at least 3 times a week, swimming once a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a deadline in mind. I will be moving to start graduate school, and I want to start fresh in a new place (and hopefully meet some men who are attracted to me)

Lali421 02-01-2013 01:49 AM

First name: Christina

Geographical location: Chicago, IL, USA

Marital Status: Dating

Pets: Hershey-san, my cat.

Hobbies/Interests: Listening to music, writing, dancing (horribly I might add), reading, playing the Sims 3, reading to my 2 year old niece, walking, singing

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2-1-2013

Starting Weight: 255 lbs (I think. I'm getting a scale this weekend.)

Present Weight: 255 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I live on campus at my university and the biggest hurdle is the food. The good stuff is all fried, the stuff that's good for you is expensive and also tastes horrible.

Following any specific plan: I plan to take my doctors advice and reduce my sugar and fat intake to 50 grams a piece. This is easier with the fat intake than it is the sugar. I was told that natural sugars, that are in fruit and other natural sources, are alright to indulge, obviously the healthy recommended intake. I also plan on walking around my town, going to the gym, and doing simple exercise in my room. Once the weather begins to get better, I plan on trying the Couch to 5k running system. If you have other suggestions that would be good for a beginner, let me know! :D

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time around I'm doing this for my future and for myself. When I have kids, I want to be able to keep up with them, and I know that I'm having an issue because I can't keep up with my niece. I'm also trying to improve my health and improve my life. I'm unhappy with my image and I know that if I was thinner I wouldn't be as unhappy. Overall, I am doing this for my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: At this moment, no, but that might change in the future! :D

Soft Speaker 02-01-2013 12:38 PM

First name: Dina

Geographical location: Cincinnati, OH

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Occupation: Student (English: Writing Studies and German double major)

Pets: None :( But I want a Welsh Corgi and German Shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: All things nerdy! Video games, comic books, movies, etc. I also love to sketch and write.

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: We will say Jan. 2012

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 170 for now. 150 ultimately.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing weight while in college! Also, cutting out Coke! Why do I love coke so much?

Following any specific plan: Nothing too particular. Just calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think in the past it was more because I'm not comfortable in my skin. I think now it's more for medical reasons. I have PCOS and as many of you probably know weight loss is a big motivator to help deal with the symptoms that come along with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to be here and I'd love to talk to people who are in college and juggling weight loss because I know that's a big struggle of mine.

RavenTheMind 02-02-2013 02:02 PM

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Plano, Texas

Pets: 2 cats: Grace and Dank

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, writing, comics, video games.

Height: 6' 0"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes; naturally brown hair (changing regularly! ;) )

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 1, 2013 (latest)

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: See the number in the profile box! xP

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food is GOOD. Also, I cannot keep fresh food in my current apartment as it is overrun with bugs. I have to drive to my parents' house to eat or pick up something from a convenience store.

Following any specific plan: Cheating weight watchers. (using the points system, but not paying out the wazzoo for the tools.)

What is different this time: I have no idea. Hopefully I can stay motivated. :)

What else: I'm broke, in college, and have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I spend my days wondering what I'm working for and what I want to do, usually coming to the conclusion that though I have talents I am a waste of potential due to lack of ambition. My favorite thing to do is to sit at Starbucks with a venti Java Chip Frappuccino, nonfat, no whip, one extra pump mocha, and draw while people pass my table and comment on my drawings, making me feel awesome and making me forget I'm an immature adult living above my future-mother-in-law's bedroom in a roach-infested apartment that I pay $200 a month to live in. I also enjoy going to bars with my best friend, spending money I could be saving on a few overpriced drinks and flirting with everybody, pretending I'm a cool, worldly, interesting person even though I only have those two friends and haven't seen or done a whole lot of anything in my 21 years of life. But... I'm okay. :)

RisKay84 02-04-2013 12:04 PM

First name: Kay

Geographical location: San Diego, California

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, Almost 2 (we share back to back birthdays)

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, reading, socializing, watching re runs of old 90s shows... currently getting through Ally McBeal LOL

Height: 4'11 - Hoping to make it to 5' one day ;P

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/14/2013

Starting Weight: 139 lbs

Present Weight: 131.6 lbs

Goal Weight: 110 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Working full time and making time to exercise as well as curbing bad eating habits

Following any specific plan: Mostly vegetarian diet with some fish/poultry. Although after watching a documentary called Vegucation this weekend on netflix I dont think I can even eat eggs. Portion control. Deciphering between hunger and craving. Zumba daily. Techniques of the Beck Diet Solution.

Im just more committed then I have ever been . There is no time restraint. No getting slim for a wedding. Motivated because time is not the issue. No pressure if I fail/fall off the wagon. Slow and steady wins the race.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Loving this community. Has definitely kept me more motivated and inspired. Thank you!

Lotus7 02-04-2013 09:46 PM

My profile

First name: Christina

Geographical location: Philadelphia, USA

Marital Status: Partnered

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: figure skating, travel, film, languages, cooking, sewing

Height: 5'3

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Forever, but we'll say 01 February 2013

Starting Weight: 62.2

Present Weight: 61.8

Goal Weight: 52

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional Eating

Following any specific plan: I'm trying to take it slow and steady this time. For the first 2-3 months, I'm just focusing on what some call the 3-0-1 plan which is eating three proper meals a day with zero snacking in between and taking it one day at a time. As for exercise, I'm doing 15-20 min bodyrock workouts 5 days a week and using the other two days as active rest days in which I am figure skating (It was my sport as a teen).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've identified my issue with emotional eating and have found some tools to help me address it. I'm also taking steps to build a support system which I didn't really seek out before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've lived outside of the U.S. for about 6 years and just moved back 6 months ago with my partner. Since then, I have not been able to find a job. So that with the readjustment to the US (and US food) has been a recipe for stress and thus, overeating. I'm learning to just control the things I can and leave the rest up to the universe and that has been a true release for me.

Ash22 02-04-2013 10:59 PM

First name: Ash

Geographical location: Toronto, Ontario

Marital Status: Dating

Children/Ages: 3 Year Old Son

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests: Playing Wii, Music, Reading, Movies, Family

Height: 5ft 6in

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel Eyes , Dark Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: FEB 4 2013

Starting Weight: 194lbs

Present Weight: 194lbs

Goal Weight: 145lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Medical Issues - Self & Child

Following any specific plan: Not atm

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Heaviest I have ever been.. need to take care of my son. Pain.

This weight issue is not just stress on me but my relationship. My son is special needs and all my time goes to him. Stress has caused me to go to the back burner. I HATE myself now... I need a change.

Mandaj86 02-10-2013 03:15 PM

My Profile

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages:0

Pets: 2 kittens

Hobbies/Interests: Snowshoeing, playing my guitar, reading and hanging out with my bf

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes and dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 16, 2013

Starting Weight: 262

Present Weight: 246

Goal Weight: 195

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Fast food and eating out. I tend to go for the convenient and the meal that takes the least amount of effort. I've never been a good cook, so that factors in too :)

Following any specific plan: I'm tracking my caloric intake with the Lose It! app on my Kindle Fire HD. I'm also working out every day (at the moment following a 5k training program and lifting or snowshoeing on my off days).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've found exercise and activities I love doing. Living in Wisconsin, winter is usually a bad time for me, but I've found I love to get out and snowshoe or hike in the trails and enjoy nature.

I'm also utilizing Pinterest to get ideas for healthy and easy meals. It's helped me to make meals that include more veggies and fresh fruits.

quailgirl 02-15-2013 11:13 PM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Central Florida

Marital Status: Not married but not single :)

Children/Ages: None...not ever XD

Pets: A wonderful Tonkinese cat named Gizmo...but he stayed with my parents when I moved in with my boyfriend. Soon, we'll have kitties of our own :)

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, reading, being a massive nerd.

Height: 5ft 4in

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PCOS :( I...hate it. So much.

Following any specific plan: Many small meals throughout the day to regulate blood sugar. Low carb (complex only), no sugar, no dairy, limited soy, no alcohol, no potatoes.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before, I was only trying to lose weight for looks. This time, I need to lose weight for medical reasons as well. My PCOS causes all kinds of awful things, like an incredibly irregular period, facial hair, depression...losing weight will help ease my symptoms without having to resort to medication.

Anything else you would like to share with us: The last time I was able to shop in a "normal sized person" store, I was in 9th grade. I'm 24 now, and I can't wait to be able to go clothes shopping again!

amandab33 02-17-2013 02:35 PM

Geographical location: Mississippi

Pets: Two cats -- Chloe and Oliver, and a dog -- Lucy

Hobbies/Interests: reading, hiking, swimming,

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on my whole life. I'm saying today is the last starting date though!!

Starting Weight: 247.2

Present Weight: 247.2

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: trying to make time for me and my health

Following any specific plan: None

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to do this for my health!

globetrotterleanne 02-17-2013 05:27 PM

For real this time..

First name: Leanne

Geographical location: Los Angeles

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: travelling, horseback riding, being outside, swimming (another motivation..)

Height: 170cm/5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off for past 2 years :?:

Starting Weight: 240 lbs

Present Weight: 236 lbs

Goal Weight: 160 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating.. inconsistency in diet/workouts

Following any specific plan: calorie counting, exercise, and hard work

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am done saying "tomorrow!"

Anything else you would like to share with us: I had lost 20 lbs this summer, but I lost my dad to cancer in October and it's been downhill since then, gaining over 40 lbs. I am mentally ready now :cool:

AliceZee 02-20-2013 04:35 AM

First name: Alice

Geographical location: Perth, Australia!

Children/Ages: 13mo boy

Pets: 2 cats and chickens

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, sewing, gardening

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 21st January

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress eating :(

Following any specific plan: Balanced whole foods and regular exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having a toddler I want to set a good example for

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been on and off dieting since I was 10 years old and I'm desperate to break the cycle!!

Fortunate 02-21-2013 10:56 AM

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: South Africa

Marital Status: long term relationship

Pets: 4 dogs, 4 birds, 1 bearded dragon, 2 200liter fish tanks

Hobbies/Interests: animals, agility training, obidence training, squash, tennis, reading

Height: 5'5" (if i worked it out right - 164cm)

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes / red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: officially in sept 2012, but have struggled my whole life

Starting Weight: 85kgs

Present Weight: 69kg

Goal Weight: 60kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: harsh comments people make

Following any specific plan: eat right and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a plan and a goal, and a **** you attitude to the people who want to drag me down

I have a twin, and I love my animals (they are my kids) making people happy makes me happy, im a big softy (inside and out ;) )

castiel 02-22-2013 08:47 PM

First name: Cas

Geographical location: USA

Occupation: frustratingly unemployed other than selling my crafts (which I do fairly well on really)

Pets: one dog and one very fat cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading, crafting, watching entire television series in surprisingly short amounts of time, cosplay, mythology

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: green and brown. well, the eyes are green, the hair is brown. except sometimes it's green too.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 15 Feb 2013

Starting Weight: 195lbs

Present Weight: 195lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking with it!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I have a clear enough goal set for myself: lose as much weight as possible by August. The motivator is that I need to look good (read: feel comfortable) in a very skimpy outfit while at a huge scifi con. I've always wanted to get down to 150lbs, and regardless of how much I lose before August, I think this will give me the momentum to keep going with it and get my weight down further.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm pagan, queer, and extremely nerdy.

L J 03-05-2013 10:55 PM

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2 living, ages 6 years and 18 months

Hobbies/Interests: Thrift stores, reading, yard work - especially burning leaves! Fire is fun! Ha!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I decided on my son's 6th birthday, Jan 28, 2013, to do something about my present state. I started making small changes a few days later, and started full on focusing in the middle of February.

Starting Weight: I was 159 on January 28

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: mid 130s

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love candy, and my co workers come to work with bags of Reece's and M&Ms and they are very generous. Its been really hard to say no, but I have been. Its hard to keep sweets out of the house with a big kid who expects them in his lunchbox, so I have asked my husband to hide them from me.

Following any specific plan: I am counting calories using the FitDay app, and I am working out using Slim in 6.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am working out! I have tried to lose in the past, and seen varying degrees of success, but I have never committed to exercise. I just couldn't get into a routine, or "find the time". I joined gyms, quit. I tried running, hated it. Bought a treadmill, used it for a coat rack, sold it. Now, as a married, full time working mama of two, one of which is in extracurricular activities that are time consuming and the other still a baby, I have found the time and discovered that I LOVE working out to videos! My Amazon wish list is two pages long with workout videos I can't wait to try. I know this is what is going to make me ultimately successful this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 7 years. I am currently breastfeeding my 18 month old, and I do not expect her to wean any time soon, which, based on what I have already seen with my body, will slow down my weight loss. This is frustrating, but worth it. I was pregnant for almost all of 2010 and 2011. My youngest son was stillborn full term in 2010, and I was pregnant with my daughter less than 3 months later. This has taken a toll on my body, and I am both surprised and proud of how fast my muscles are catching on to being used again!
I joined this forum because I am boring my friends, family and coworkers to death talking about working out, feeling strong and losing inches. I am excited to talk about it with people who are right there with me!

mariam892 03-07-2013 12:37 AM

My first post here!

First name: Mariam

Geographical location: Currently home in NY but most of the time in Philadelphia, PA (where I go to school)

Marital Status: nope

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: people-watching in Starbucks, fashion, reading, drawing

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY!

Starting Weight: 219 :(

Present Weight: 219 :(

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: failure

Following any specific plan: Not anything specific. My brother is lending me some of his diet pills which he used when he lost over 70 lbs. Planning on hitting up my school's gym and cutting down the late night snacking/study eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am much more serious. I actually bought cute work out clothes to motivate myself to go to the gym. I also have a big trip planned for Germany in May and would love to lose as much weight as possible by then.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just need support to not give up. These past few years have been pretty rough for me; my father passed away, my brother became depressed/suicidal, and I myself have been going to therapy for a few weeks. Losing weight is not just to look better, but to help me on my path to a healthier mind.

Keep Moving Forward 03-09-2013 04:26 PM

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: as single as the day is long

Pets: 2 cats, 6 dogs, 4 horses

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, baking, photography, music, singing, tv, taking care of all the animals, reading

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: greenish brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: a couple months ago

Starting Weight: Between 295 & 300, not entirely sure

Present Weight: 290 (my growing muscles make the scale stay higher than necessary)

Goal Weight: 150-160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight-loss: My ADHD, it can cause lack of motivation, distraction, poor ability to plan/think ahead. I'm pretty sure it's why I've always given up when things got too hard because I can get easily overwhelmed. A close 2nd would be my scale. When I put too much focus on what the scale says I can completely derail all my hard work.

Following any specific plan: Eating more natural, whole foods & avoiding additives/preservatives, as well as sugar. Working out with kettlebells following Lauren Brooks's book "Kettlebells for Women," as well as her DVD. And I'm drinking 64-96oz of water a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm not focused on numbers (lbs, inches), or at least I'm telling myself that. More than being thin, I want to be fit & healthy, that's my ultimate goal. My scale may not be changing much but I can see & feel the difference in my body. I have tons more energy &, most days, I'm in a great mood. This new mindset & shift in focus about food and weight loss seems to help me stay motivated and more willing to make changes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm still struggling to make better food choices, especially when faced with my weaknesses: candy, cookies, brownies, etc. However, I feel so proud of myself for the positive changes I've made. I feel in control, even when I really just want to go on a sugar bender. I have never enjoyed this process of weight loss so much. EVER. I can now fit into a pair of skinny jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a year! :carrot:

LaSperanza 03-09-2013 06:34 PM

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Minnesota

Children/Ages: None, but I have a wonderful 5-year-old niece!

Pets: None, up until a few months ago had a dog and a rabbit though.

Hobbies/Interests: Barbershop music, reading, traveling, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, theatre

Height: 5' 3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 10, 2013

Starting Weight: 193.4

Present Weight: 178.4

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out of stress and boredom

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a group of people supporting me and serving as accountability partners. In the past it's only been a case of, "well, I guess I'll try to eat a bit healthier" without sharing specific goals with anyone.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love speaking Spanish. If you speak Spanish, debemos hablar!

destyni 03-10-2013 06:05 AM

First name: Destyni

Geographical location: Atlanta, Georgia

Marital Status: boyfriend

Children/Ages:1 son, 4 months

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:shopping, computers, amusement parks, DIETING!

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: march 4th, 2013

Starting Weight:255.8

Present Weight:249.2

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on track with continuous workouts.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting, daily workout, 1 gallon of water a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:this time i am doing it right. no starvation, no laxatives or binging.

Anything else you would like to share with us: im awesomely awesome! :carrot:

mrsfoster86 03-13-2013 02:35 AM

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Kentucky

Pets: 2 pups! Cocoa (Australian Shepard) Jade (Pitbull mix)

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening and basically anything outside.

Height:5/6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair-Blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 13, 2013

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cheap food. 90% of the groceries I buy are because they are cheap. 2nd, cooking for one...there are 3 adults in this house (hubby & sister) and me eating something completely different from them seems like a hassle :( 3rd, late night eating...I eat a lot of the time because I'm bored. Not because I'm hungry.

Following any specific plan: Starting when I wake up in the morning I will be walking/jogging every morning and eventually will be starting Zumba. I cut pop out about a month ago and drink water, milk, or juice. More water than anything else and I have been trying to make smarter decisions about food.

This time I'm over it. I am so disgusted with myself that that it's taking a toll on my marriage. I feel I am an embarrassment therefor I am not the funnest person to be around! Tired of losing a war with myself, it's time to win some battles!

mmaldonado22 03-16-2013 03:24 AM

Mrs. Maldonado

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: California, West Coast

Children/Ages: Andrew 1yr4mo/ Ayla 2yr7mo/ Aiden 6yr8mo

Pets: Bentley/Big Big Puppy

Hobbies/Interests: Family, Cooking, Weight Loss, Make-up, Basketball

Height: 5ft5in

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes, Red/Pink Hair

Starting Weight:301

Present Weight:298

Goal Weight: 220lbs-My "Realistic Goal" 170lbs-My "Dream Goal"

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Tried EVERY diet, Sons Medical Issues, School, Too big for Exercise Machines.

Following any specific plan: Very Specific Caloric Restricted Diet, 1,640 Cals
per Day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: VERY MOTIVATED ONCE I ACTUALLY HIT THE BIG 300 MARK.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel like i have everything in front of me to succeed, but i just can't. My husband is super fit, works out every day, drinks protein/pre-workout drinks, Loves sports, he's perfect. I feel like i need to pick up the pace and be on the same fitness page as him :( We have a HUGE weight system in the garage, (squat rack, bench press, free weights, elyptical, treadmil, and pool) But i feel like im too fat to use any of them. Well not the pool, but the elyptical/treadmil, i feel like im going to break them :( iVE TRIED EVERY DIET PILL OUT THERE EVEN Ephedrine HCL, Nothing Works for me.

SimplyLovely 03-17-2013 10:20 AM

howdy!

First name: Alicia
Geographical location: Houston, Tx
Marital Status: single, never married, no boyfriend
Hobbies/Interests: cooking, singing
Height: 5'4.5"
Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown (brown skin too)
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/16/2013
Starting Weight: 255
Present Weight: 242
Goal Weight: 150
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not exercising regularly, loving carbs
Following any specific plan: medifast 5 & 1
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm following a plan this time. Went from 280 to 230 with diet and exercise in 2011. Gained 25 lbs in 2012.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to have success and meet my goals

Alicia546 03-19-2013 02:52 AM

First name: Alicia

Geographical location: Northwest

Marital Status: Taken

Pets: 2 cats: Smokey & Yuki

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5"5

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: March 2013

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Self-medicating with Sweets

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Most of the time I would calorie-count, but now I want to eat what's best for my mind and body. I am ready to start a transition that will take each step slowly in order to succeed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to have joined such a huge community. :carrot:

whitb05 03-22-2013 08:51 AM

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Living with my Boyfriend

Pets: 1 dog - Boxer/pit mix named Cooper. He is my love bug!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, trying to do crafty projects that I usually fail, cooking, adventuring out to new places.

Eye/Hair Color: red/brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: hmm around May 1st

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight 170 ish.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love for cheese on everything.

Following any specific plan: using the app Noom to count calories and trying to eat clean.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to lose weight but I also want to change my lifestyle. I have been a vegetarian for the last 11 years and I want to be a healthy one. I have made the mistake of replacing meat with pastas and lots of carbs.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't have the best self control so I'm glad I found this site. Just looking threw the post has helped a lot. :)

Ariel3833 03-22-2013 07:47 PM

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information.

First name: Stacia

Geographical location: Oxnard, Ca

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: music, friends, travel, wine

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: since I was 14?

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 175

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistency

Following any specific plan: 1400 cal per day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my upcoming wedding/honeymoon in Cancun is a huge motivator

Anything else you would like to share with us: looking for support and wanting to learn from others with experience

sherry1990 03-22-2013 11:39 PM

Here it is!

First name: Sherry

Geographical location:Michigan

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages: I don't have children yet.

Pets:1 cat

Hobbies/Interests:Reading and whatever else I can do to occupy my time.

Height:5'2"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3/18/2013

Starting Weight:200lbs

Present Weight:200lbs (I'm only gonna weight myself on Sunday and it's friday.)

Goal Weight:140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I snack and like to drink pop, but I've given that up. Hopefully this works.

Following any specific plan:I'm trying to do the slim fast diet, and count my calories. I also want to work out, but it's hard to fit it in my schedule.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually want to try and stick with this instead of get discouraged and quit. I wanna get back to where I used to be. I wanna look good in a bathing suit and feel good about how I look too!

Anything else you would like to share with us:Any help or tips would be appreciated! I'm new to the whole diet and exercise thing. So I don't really know what I'm doing I'm just doing and hoping it works.

DNArens 03-25-2013 05:01 PM

First name: Devonne

Geographical location:Colorado

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:No human children. But we do have a boxer named Sugar. She's 4 years old.

Pets:A tarantula named Spike.

Hobbies/Interests:Mostly I just enjoy my family and friends. However, I have a fondness for shooting, fishing, reading, and lately cooking.

Height:5'7"

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel eyes and the hair is currently burgundy.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:It's been an on and off battle for the last 5 years or so. More serious attempts within the last couple years.

Starting Weight:271

Present Weight:Currently starting over so the weight is the same.

Goal Weight:190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Sticking with a plan. I'm so tired of starting over!

Following any specific plan:Currently I've been looking into a vegetarian lifestyle. I plan to try the 21 day kickstart begining April 1st. However, my fondness for meat may overcome me. So I am considering the South Beach Diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Well, these last couple years I have actually been taking more action. I used to be the complainer and never actually tried to change anything. But recently I've been changing my diet and coming up with an excercise plan. Plus documenting everying. I'm hoping that this time, by joining a forum, I will find some support and motivation that I have lacked in previous efforts. I just need to keep going. Having even a little support will totally help!

Just that I am exited to read about everyone elses experiences and hopefully we can find motivation in each other.

IsobelRose22 03-26-2013 03:55 AM

First name: Holly

Geographical location: Somerset, England

Marital Status: Living with my Boyfriend

Occupation: Health and safety/Trading law at a big supermarket.

Pets: 1 dog - A cat called Frodo

Hobbies/Interests: reading, gym, watching films with the bf, spending time with my friends

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 1st attempt started June 2009, then the next attempt was July 2010.

Starting Weight: 280ish (Not 100% sure)

Present Weight: 156lb

Goal Weight 150lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth, not being able to leave food if i'm not actually hungry (product of being taught 'good' manners as a child)

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting using Myfitnesspal.com and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I completely hit rock bottom, and things had to change. At the time the easiest thing to change was my weight. As my weight fell my confidence grew, things started to fall into place and I realised I had to change for life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have realised that I am a boredom eater. I reach for the chocolate if I'm bored, so I try to keep myself busy and off food. Because of this I have ended up studying a new degree with the open university, progressing at work and spending a lot of time at the gym! hooray for newly found ambition.

Sunshine88 04-02-2013 03:45 AM

First name: Katya

Geographical location: Israel

Marital Status: boyfriend

Pets: one dog and one cat

Hobbies/Interests: cooking, art

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green, blonish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off since early teen years, 2 months since starting the last try

Starting Weight: about 158

Present Weight: about 150

Goal Weight: I have no idea, I was 130 ones and I didnt like my seld then ether. I need to lose but I also need to feel good.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I live with my family, they are all fat but do not want to cange so I have no suppoet AND I have little control on what comes in the house. I don't realy eat junk but I just like food- I like cooking, I like eating, Its a real social thing.

Following any specific plan: I tried NOOM for a while, thinking about going back to it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I'm really upset about how I look now, It didn't bother me this way befor. I tried to eat clean and work out every day for a months and I did see results, I just need to find some motivetion! Plus I got a new treadmill!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I came here for motivation! I need people that are trying to lose and feel good, I can't find that kind of support in my life so I hoped I'll find it here!

SaraJP0804 04-02-2013 02:48 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Iowa

Children/Ages: 1 daughter-2 years old

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching TV, being outside, spending time with family

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 1, 2013

Starting Weight: 214.2

Present Weight: 212.0

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My willpower. I have a hard time saying no to things that I want. I need to be better at saying NO to the bad things

Following any specific plan: Nope. Just watching what I eat and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally feel like I am ready to lose the weight. Mentally and physically I can't deal with my weight anymore!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Excited to be here and be apart of a group of women who all are reaching for the same goal!

Kaceroo 04-02-2013 10:50 PM

First name: Kaycee

Geographical location: Montana

Marital Status: I live with my boyfriend.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: None.

Hobbies/Interests: All things outdoors, dancing, cooking/baking, crafts, shopping and music.

Height:5"8.5

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Originally 2008

Starting Weight: My highest was 387

Present Weight: 250-ish

Goal Weight: Between 160-170, we'll see how I feel.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating and cooking healthy for 2 when your significant other is extremely picky.:halffull: Also, getting back into the groove/routine.

Following any specific plan: My first go-round with significant weight loss was calorie counting and lots and lots of cardio. (worked well, then stalled.) I'm planning on moderate exercise and Ideal Protein this time around.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that I can do it because I already have!

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is something that I have battled all my life and I probably always will...I just need to remember how far i've come, not how far I have to go! Well wishes to you all in your journey!

2legit2quit 04-03-2013 04:23 PM

First name: Megan

Geographical location: Midwest

Children/Ages: No kids.

Pets: No pets :(

Hobbies/Interests: I enjoy baking (uh oh...lol), writing, film, TV, hiking, reading, history, linguistics, travel, pop culture, and music.

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have no idea if I have ever truly started a journey or ever truly stopped a journey if you know what I mean. Most recently began focusing intently again last week, lol.

Starting Weight: 380

Present Weight: 372 ... I'll know on monday

Goal Weight: I don't have a number in mind bu rather a look and feel.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Starting exercise routine. Sticking to the weightloss. Losing more than 40 pounds ;)

Following any specific plan: Working out, eating appropriate amounts, increasing protein, cutting out unnatural foods, upping fruits, veggies, and fiber.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel cornered and know I really have no choice but to do this as holding off has only held off on my life... sad but true.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm shy, even online (ha) so I probably won't post a lot but I lurk in a non-creeper way and find a lot of inspiration from seeing so many people push thorugh and succeed.

Kiani 04-03-2013 08:09 PM

First name: C

Geographical location: Canada

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, Music, The Internet, Arguing about politics/religion/random stuff, Sci Fic, Psychology, Reading, Tumblr, Friends

Height: Somewhere from 5'4'' to 5'6'' (I haven't measured in a while)

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes/Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Kinda a long time ago, otherwise a couple weeks ago

Starting Weight: 124-128

Present Weight: 121

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of motivation, when I feel like it's not worth it to get to a healthier weight and I won't be able to do it anyway. Also eating when I'm bored or upset

Following any specific plan: Mostly just eating less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: After losing ten pounds when I was sick (then I gained them back), I realised that I was actually capable of losing and getting closer to an ideal weight, and I think I'm more motivated now

Lmgreosk 04-04-2013 09:42 PM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Maryland

Children/Ages: No kids right now

Pets: 2 Guinea Pigs! lol

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, Running, Singing, Kayaking, Reading, Dancing, and more...

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Does 8 years old count? But technically I've started this chapter in January of 2012.

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 178

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Saying no to the foods I love. I have a very difficult time with self control.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers Online

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am way more active this time than I used to be and I just don't see myself turning back, I need to make this happen once and for all.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I love this website and I am hoping that I can speak with all of you in this group to get tips and inspiration. Its been challenging for me these past 6 months and I am hoping to use this as another tool to get me back on track.