Old 08-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #121  

namaste984- I knew the stretch, didn't know the name.
I'm glad your feeling better! Time to put your diet in check, you seem to know where your going wrong, don't sabotage yourself! I used to do that all the time.. I just recently made Sunday pizza day to keep me sane and not salivating at the mouth.. went to sleep hungry last night.
I don't know if this is an option for you but a month ago I had a bod pod test done, it tests my body composition (fat and muscle%) It's the second most accurate exam, only second to getting placed in water.
Well, you would imagine my shock when i found out my actual fat percentage is MUCH MUCH higher than my calculated bmi. I was so embarrassed, but it was a much needed boost, and seeing progress on my 2nd exam was motivating. I'm doing my 3rd exam at the end of August..It goes beyond the numbers.

No self-sabotage. Seriously, stop it.
DailyStruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

DailyStruggle Raise Your Weapons!? love that song. Okay, probably because I first heard it when a guy I was swooning over was listening to it....but still. Awesome song.

This week feels like it's a month long.
Monday: didn't get out of class as early as we were supposed to (we shorten our class break time so that the 3 hour class finishes at about the 2 and a half hour mark, but we ended up lasting almost the full 3 hours. Yuck)
Tuesday: (different instructor) instructor held us late. Again. One of the first classes, she accidentally let us out 30 minutes early. No one said anything (I thought she was just at a good stopping point) so she's been keeping us late every class period since. To try and "make up" the missed time.

I think it's a vicious cycle: between work and school I get overwhelmed and stressed. Then I can't relax and have a poor night's sleep. Then I'm tired the next day for work and class.

At least tonight I don't have class, and I stayed up last night so I could get 2 of my 3 homework assignments finished. Only one more to do tonight and then I can work out and read/watch tv.

personals:
kawaii I don't think I will ever get used to you being a blonde! I always forget. The picture is so pretty! Congrats on getting so far in the contest. I'd be nervous to put my real weight too, but I agree with others: they're going to find out eventually, especially if you keep going further.

hotaruchan isn't it funny how clueless guys can be? when I was about 150 a (now ex) bf said he thought I was 120-130. silly, silly boy.....don't beat yourself up too much over the salad. At least it was veggies and good stuff vs junk food.

katbot I hope we'll get to see pics of your place! Moving is such a pain. I'm probably going to switch apartments at the end of this year and I am not looking forward to it....except that I'll get to redecorate. Maybe even plan it in advance so I can paint! No more boring white walls!

sgregg Before and after pics sound nice. At least one good thing comes from starting with a near empty classroom: more wiggle room for creativity!

namaste so nice of you to offer support to your mom. What sort of jobs are you looking into?

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 08-01-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: adding personals in
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #123  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Daily- No biggie. Probably has some sort of fancy name in sanskrit that I don't know either. I have never heard the name of the bod pod but I know what you're talking about. My mom's scale does weird things when you weigh, it has 5-lb differences during the day and being that I have gotten a bit annoyed with that, I told it what to go to do with itself and let Mum deal with it, lol. And I do know my diet has gone to hades over some time, I will probably just reset the tickers and things and start over because it feels like what I'm doing. Which, in and of itself, is not a bad thing.

QB- Sounds like my first year of college, actually. I lived in a dorm and it was always noisy so I couldn't get to sleep at night, then I was tired the next day and took a nap, then I couldn't get to sleep at night... you can imagine where I'm going with this.

---
So yeah, my mom and I had our first WW meeting together. Before the meeting, my mom went to Starbucks and bought a ton of cookies and a large coffee, and a bottled water for me cause it's very hot here (about 101 today) and I'm trying to cut down on sodas. I thought the meeting was good, but my mom didn't say much, she pretty much just sat there stretched out and constantly yawning in my ear. She finished off the rest of the cookies on the way back and ate her free samples and some of mine too.

You know how you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink? Yeah, that's my mom right there, lol. I love her, but she's pretty crazy, and I'm afraid she'll eat herself to death and even more afraid that that was her plan all along.

Fortunately, I have some support from my boyfriend and my dad that will keep me from backsliding as much. Both of them are in good shape, and they encourage me to eat right.

In unrelated news, my back is much better. It's a little achy but not enough to keep me from working out. I did water aerobics this morning (just for the fun of it) and am going to do a light yoga workout this evening. Due to financial issues though, I'll be using the DVD.

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a great day/afternoon/evening. I apologize if I was a stick in the mud.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #124  

namaste984
You're not a stick in the mud, your like a shiny coin.(rambling. ;D)
I've had so many different tickets over the past 2 years.. There's a reason why i don't have one now, their a pain. I really like the daily weigh in thread.. seems like something i can stick with more.
Don't you get weighed at the WW meetings? maybe it's best to just rely on their scale? I don't want to be mean, but your mom doesn't sound ready for a diet..eating cookies on a way to a ww meeting? i kinda chuckled, because it reminded me of my sister and me in our past attempts to diet... we did medifast, meal replacement (with shakes), nutrisystem, protein diet.. so on and so on! guess how much we lost on those? zip! because before every diet.. we'd be like okay.. lets enjoy ourselves before we start.. so binge before diet, binge after a few days (REWARD!) and binge every day of the weekend. Need to correct the way you think and say no to junk, (unless it's like once a week and a small portion )

Quiet Ballerina Your great, just relax, because you are doing a lot and should be proud of yourself I'm taking classes now as well, but not working, and i'm like ahhhhh
Do any of you guys practice ballet? or had?
I used to love ballet when i was a kid- the beginning of image problems for many young women, including myself.

Last edited by DailyStruggle; 08-01-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #125  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Daily- Ya I don't think my mom will ever be ready for a diet. One of the reasons she came with me is because I was afraid it would cost a lot of money and wouldn't be able to pay for it. Fortunately, it was nice and reasonably priced so I will have no problem paying. Besides, when I start school in a few weeks, I will have to go to a different meeting anyway. Dbf also suggested going without my mom too, which I think is a good idea. Having someone that constantly pulls you down emotionally is not good for dieting.
The scale in the gym weights about the same as the one at WW. When I go in for my workouts I use that scale and it gives me a more accurate number. What I'll probably do is use that one.

----
Going for my evening workout. Going to kick some tailbone (preferrably not the part I injured last night...)

Last edited by namaste984; 08-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #126  

namaste984 As long as your ready for a diet and commit to it. Have a great workout! I'm also going for mines soon.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #127  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm alive.
Barely, thanks job.

Anyway, I started back on track this week, and started up Insanity again. And yet again, I can't walk!!!! It's not stopping me from using the stairs at work though

I'm HOOKED on the Olympics. My current insomnia!

Hope everyone is doing well!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I LIVE!!!

What's new in Kat's world? Well, some of you may remember that I was supposed to move in today, yes well, we moved in yesterday instead. Why? Because the new tenant, a vacant, ditz of a girl, complained to our landlord that she had hired movers for the 31st and demanded we be out by the time she came at noon. So e fiancé and I, not wanting to cause trouble for our nice former landlords, moved well into the night on the 30th, finally stopping at 2am due to muscle fatigue (seriously, we couldn't physically lift even our lightest boxes). So we slept in the new place (thankfully we have an awesome buddy with a truck who helped us move our mattress at midnight) until 5:30 am, had breakfast and got back to moving. At 11am I had go be at work, fiancé had the day off since we had planned to BEGIN moving major stuff that day, but at 11 we had everything that required 2 people moved over. The vapid new tenant arrived as I was leaving for work, huffing at us for still being there, we told her it would take 2 more hours just to move our last few things over (guitars, 1 man boxes, misc). She huffed that she wanted us GONE in to hours then, and we asked her if she wanted the place "as is" she didn't look, just said yes.

So fiancé moved us over and today we went over to return the garage key after moving some last minute furniture still left in the garage on the 31st over in the truck we had procured for our original moving day, the 1st. We find ms tenant Barbie nowhere to be seen, and only a scant amount of stuff moved in. Turns out she whined to our landlord that the place was too dirty and refused to move in there, so now my poor landlord has to clean the place for the princess even though she agreed yesterday to take it AS IS.

As for Kat, she's come out of the experience with 21bruises, back pain, 8 hours of sleep out of the las 48, and a new apartment. I haven't stepped on the scale for fear of what it will say, but my pants fit a little looser and I can almost wriggle into another pair .

Oh! On the 30th we couldn't fit the headboard of the bed into the car to move it and already knew we were gonna have to be gone the next day, I was mad and fed up and had my own hulk moment: I picked up our wrought metal headboard and proceeded to carry it for the next 25 mins through our neighborhood, across the bridge, and through the downtown area to our new place. The bridge and surrounding area is known for people who indulge in "herbal" smoking so I can only imagine passers-by must have thought I was stoned out of my gourd, walking along the bridge pissed off and carrying a headboard.

That's my last 2 1/2 days in a nutshell, sorry for the long read
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #129  

KatBot24: "The bridge and surrounding area is known for people who indulge in "herbal" smoking so I can only imagine passers-by must have thought I was stoned out of my gourd, walking along the bridge pissed off and carrying a headboard. "
Congratulations on moving into the new apt, I'm sure the new tenant will bring many more problems with her- this is just the beginning.

sammalamma what do you do? Also, I tried insanity... I don't feel like i'm in good enough shape to adequately follow it yet.. lol.. I want to lose around 20 lbs before i even begin it.. i did the fit test.. and barely got through 30 seconds each time without sweating like crazy and dropped to the floor for a break
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hotaruchan: lol at your binge.... that is not a binge, btw. i eat enormous salads all the time. lol. as for your winter vacation stuff... i'd argue. tell them you already got plane tix, they are unrefundable, blah blah... in Japan, they'll try to throw a lot of crap at you thinking you will just bow down and take it. but if you just butt heads with them being all "shoganai", then there is a strong possibility that they might back down. another tactic that works well when they ask you to do dumb sh*t is to just nod and go on not doing it. if they ask why you didn't do like they said (which they rarely ever do cuz it's "shameful") you just pretend like you don't remember them saying it, say sorry but shoganai. it works quite well. also, your company sounds really horrible and i would seriously consider looking for work elsewhere. there are english teaching jobs EVERYwHERE in this country. good luck.

sgregg: thanks the new job stuff sounds exciting. i'd really love to have my own classroom... do let us know more.

namaste: hang in there, and well done on the interview ooh, and glad to hear the injury was nothing serious.

DailyStruggle: thanks, and welcome. yeah, i ended up saying 82kg but now i'm getting super nervous because... well, i'll talk about it later so everyone can read. lol.

Ballerina: class sounds harsh. is it almost over though? good luck with everything. and thanks. lol, i think it's so funny that you don't picture me as a blonde, haha...

samma:

katbot: ouch.... but at least it's done, right? all i can say is, moving sucks... my supervisor and i nearly killed each other when i moved out of my old place last March... it was not pretty...

HIYA GIRLS!! i live too!! lol

sooo... what's been going on with me... well i haven't been a very good little dieter, i can tell you that... *sigh* i haven't been horribly bad either, but meh. mostly i'm mad at myself cuz i haven't worked out in 3 days. i'd been doing really good, too, and now i feel like i just can't hop back into it... gah. see, on wednesday, the bf and i went to Disney Sea (there are 2 Disney parks in Japan, Land and Sea) and it was super fun, but crazy hot and i bruised my feet soooo bad with all the walking and standing around. i'm pretty sure i actually burned more calories doing that than i do on my 30DS, so i didn't feel too bad not working out. and it was also way too hot to eat so there was waaaaay less food damage than there could've been... then the next day, i had plans to meet up with this Danish girl who did a homestay at my cousin's house ten years ago, whom i haven't seen in about that long, but was coming to Japan on a trip with her bf. so i met up with her and we walked around Shinjuku and it was - again - ridiculously hot, so when i went home i just passed out and declared that i was never going out again during daylight hours until it was september. So on friday - sure enough - i spent all day in bed, watching tv and reading... but i was seriously just freakin exausted from my 2 days outside. now yesterday night, i was all set up to start working out today again, but then bf mailed me that he could come over on saturday morning (today) and i got all excited, but it meant i wouldn't have time to workout. but whatever, i thought, baby-time, yay so i get up, clean up, get ready, and then - halfway through my makeup routine - he emails me that he's sick and can't come. fuuuuu... blergh. now i got up early for nothing, and i'm all clean and good-smelling and have no desire to work-out... gaaaah.... someone give me a virtual kick in the booty plz?

anyhoo... that's my rant

oh, as for the purikura contest developments, i answered their survey and all, and i have to go to this audition thing next friday. i'm sh*tting myself cuz i'm gonna have to sing, and there's supposed to be a questions period and i'm sure i'm gonna f*ck that up cuz my japanese is not so good and pretty sure the bf will not be allowed on stage to translate for me... the contest has pretty much transformed into a modelling contest for teens, but the thing is that there are supposed to be scouts and people from talent agencies and tv companies and all that that will be there, so everyone keeps telling me that i have huge chances of being recruited as a "gaijin talent" lol. well anyhoo... we'll see what happens. it's exciting... i'm sure i will make a complete fool of myself but, at the same time, it is an opportunity that was thrown my way, so i decided i was gonna take it.

on that note, i hope everyone has a good weekend and are better little diet soldiers than i am. lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Oh sweet, sweet weekend...why did you have to pass by so quickly?

namaste It's great that you have support from other people in your life. Good for you for realizing there's only so much you can do to help your mom. How was water aerobics? Fun!

DailyStruggle Thanks. I did take ballet when I was younger. Didn't stick with it though. No image problems from it, but maybe because I stopped so early.

Samma Yay! Good to know you're still with us.

katbot what a pampered princess! I would not be in the mood to deal with miss cranky-pants. yuck.

Kawaii No, class isn't near over. I'm only in my 4th semester. it will probably take me 3 years to finish the program I'm in.

I feel....a little yucky right now. I think it's because I drank crystal light earlier today. Lately I feel yucky whenever I drink it, even though I water it down a lot. Must have something to do with the artificial sweetener. Going to drink some plain water and hope that makes me feel better.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote