Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

Starfired - I also calorie count on MFP. You can add me if you want! skgregg83 is my username.

krystalb
- woohoo on the 16's!!! What made your mom decide to change the way she dresses? Just curious.

Katbot - sending positive vibes your way!

Hotaru
- That's great that you were able to send them! What did your BF think?

I'm driving over to my hometown today. It's a couple of hours away from where I live now. I plan on visiting a friend and then staying at my mom's. My SIL is having a baby shower tomorrow and that should be fun.

Anyway, hopefully Baby Girl will be a happy camper while we are out and about.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #32  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

So much good news! People getting jobs! Huzzah!

Bf seemed pretty happy....I was kinda afraid to see his reaction, so I emailed them right as he was about to go to bed...he then proceeded to stay online for another half an hour Long distance blows, but I was glad that I could do something to make his day considering how often he does little things to make mine.

Also, I joined My Fitness Pal today...we'll see how that works out for me. I didn't realize how many calories I burn in a day exercising...true, I biked a little more than normal, but apparently I took off 966 calories just from exercise?! Wild...

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 07-08-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Hey Hotaru, I've heard about My Fitness Pal in passing. What is it exactly and do you find it helpful? I'm a student, so anything that is easy to use (and/or free) is something I find interesting.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hotaru: it's unreal how many calories stuff burns! I found out that working at Booster Juice for 6 hours burns about 900 calories! I guess it makes sense, standing and lifting and walking non-stop n all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the fiancé and I went out tonight, first time in 3 weeks, to celebrate him getting a raise. We went for a walk along the river (takes about 2 1/2 hours to go all around it) and then stopped into a fancy bar in a hotel on the riverside. We shared a plate of mini sliders and sweet potato fries. Also had a bit too much to drink, but the bar had a "skinny" page, I picked a glass of prosecco and OJ for 75 calories. I know that the fries and mini burgers don't offer the cleanest of suppers, but I was low on calories for the day so I should break even. I'm a little tipsy and VERY happy, no regrets!
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #35  
Stubborn.

Kat: Man, I didn't even think about work...I run around so much for the little kids @_@ I don't know if it's possible to track that though. Sounds like you had an awesome night out too...I'm jealous...my boyfriend living on a different continent means that we haven't had a date night in more than 4 months...

Davikatl: Since I only just joined, I'm not sure how well it'll work out, but it makes it easy to log all of your exercise and foods for the day and calculates how many you should eat/have burned/have left. Yes, it's free. I'm having a little trouble inputting foods since half the time I'm not 100% sure what they're making me eat at school lunch, but it's kinda neat. They also have a forum over there, so if there's any questions that you can't find an answer to here, you can cross-reference with that site.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 07-09-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hotaruchan- MFP is amazing! That is my "diet" of choice. I have lost 18.4 lbs using it. It just makes calorie counting painless and easy. I do not eat my gained exercise calories unless I end up negative but the app is really helpful. I also bike, it is a new hobby of mine and I love it. You go so fast and get to see so much stuff that it doesn't feel like you are working out (except up hill, ugh).
Katbot-I wish I burned calories working! I have the opposite problem. I sit all day and everyone brings in the most delish food! Kills me! Today they are ordering Chinese food. I will be strong!
lilkel244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #37  
Stubborn.

lilkel: Biking is my main mode of transportation, as I don't have a car in Japan and my work is between 2 and 5.5km away from my apartment depending on the day. I've been mostly biking at night (Japanese humidity during the day is unbearable) and when I'm feeling ambitious on the weekends, but I've gotten to see a decent chunk of the "city" (I put it in quotes because, while the city I live in has 211,000 people, I'm firmly out in the cowtown portion of it).

kat: I'm jealous that there was a log for your job...I tried searching mine after you said that and came up with no results. I put in 50 minutes of dancing because I spent at least half of both of my 1st grade classes today dancing around like an idiot. The kids love it, I burn some calories. Win-win, right? With the older kids I did a lot less jumping around, and I kinda doubt that there's an option for pacing around the classroom checking kids' worksheet progress
Old 07-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #38  

Mornin' everyone.

I'm dragging this morning, but I did sleep good last night, so that's a plus. I went to my parents' house Saturday and stayed over until yesterday. DD decided that she did not want to sleep over there. It was not a very good experience. She passed out in the car about 5:30 yesterday and woke up a little bit before we got home. Then, she went right to bed after we got home and didn't wake up until this morning at 7:30. She was one tired baby.

I am dog-sitting for the next 2 weeks. My friend and her family went on vacation and was going to have to pay nearly $200 to board the dog at the vet, so they asked me. Last night was the first night the dog stayed over. So far, so good, but I'm still trying to figure her out and she's gotta get used to our place. My husband isn't much of a dog person, so I hope the next 2 weeks won't be too stressful.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and good rest of the week!!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hotaruchan prepare for me to be your new best friend: http://calories-burned.findthedata.o...ling-mentoring . So it looks like you're looking at about 175 cal/h JUST for walking about and teaching. Not too shabby, eh?

Sgregg boy and I thought my life was busy! Hope you don't get too stressed!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've GAINED 2 lbs in the last 3 days, I know it can't be fat and I'm pretty sure I know what it is....TMI warning........................................... .................................................. ..poop! I haven't *ahem* "been regular" since Thursday! I can feel it all bunched up in there and it isn't a case of no fiber, I get tons of fiber from the foods I eat, there's always a salad and the last few nights we've had veggie lasagna with zucchini instead of noodles and spinach mixed with ground beef and ricotta cheese filling (400 cals per serving, sooo good). My fiance says it's the cheese that's doing it....I dunno....I'm downing coffee after coffee to see if I can get things to "move"
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Hotaru: Thanks a ton! I may just look into it. I'm terrible with keeping track of what I'm eating. It seems like a lot of hassle to me. I'd rather just go and eat what I feel like and feel good than worry about meeting a certain calorie limit haha. That and I like baking...a little...well maybe a lot...too much haha.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I am so silly. I've been checking the June chat thread and thinking to myself "where is everyone?!" ....when it's been July for over a week.

3 pages of personals means that I have to be a slacker and not respond to them all. But hello and welcome and I look forward to chatting with you!

This past weekend was my cousin's wedding! It was crazy and hectic but still lots of fun. My relatives are loopy.
However....plane rides home? AWFUL. Both flights were delayed, so I was in airports/on planes from 10am-10pm.

Not.cool.

And then I came home to find crumbs all over the counters and floor in the kitchen because my roommate is a mess and doesn't clean up after herself. But I didn't want to say anything because she picked me up from the airport.

OOOOOOoooooo happy note: She's about to go out of town for nearly 2 weeks so I can get the kitchen spotless and enjoy having the place to myself!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #42  
Stubborn.

sgregg: I want to dog-sit...I'm super puppy-deprived with my dog 10,000 miles away. I haven't found a non-creepy way to approach people walking their dogs on the street and ask to pet them yet (being a foreigner in Japan instantly adds +50 to your creep factor).

kat: Thanks! I'll have to poke around on more sites to see if anyone's worn a monitor doing 1st graders...I come out of every 1st grade class exhausted from jumping around so much...I've resorted to taking a laxative 2 or 3 times a week for the same issue >.< It's been about a month since I was regular, so it was starting to get highly uncomfortable. I don't eat a lot of cheese (Japanese cheese is TERRIBLE), but maybe the rice is binding me up...

Ballerina: That totally sounds like something I'd do with the old thread...I'm glad you had fun at the wedding and sorry to hear that your room mate left a mess after a nasty flight home...Flying home for me would take about 20 hours and while I'd like to go visit, I'm not looking forward to doing that any time soon @_@

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 07-10-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: T close to a colon apparently makes a stupid smiley...had to get rid of that >.<
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #43  

Katbot - Hopefully, things get moving along soon. I'm sure that coffee will help a good bit. How's your water intake? I know drinking plenty of water helps me.

QB - Welcome to July!!! Hahaha!! I used to love the alone time when I was staying with roommates. Enjoy!!

Hotaru - Sorry you miss your pooch! We aren't much for dogs, but I wanted to help my friend.

So far the dog-sitting has been going ok. Twilight (the dog) is very sweet and so far has not had an accident in the house. The only thing I'm not enjoying is having to take her out on a leash every few hours. We don't have a fenced-in yard and our yard isn't very safe since we are close to the road. Every animal that we have had has gotten run over, so I can't just let her out on her own. That's getting irritating since I have to do something with my one-year-old while I take the dog out. And the hubby is stressing me out because he doesn't want the dog touching anything of his. He's not a dog person AT ALL. On a good note, Twilight loves DS. And he likes having her around. He takes her outside sometimes, so that helps out a lot.

Okay, it's time for my morning coffee...ugh...I need it. I'm dragging this morning.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #44  
Stubborn.

sgregg: At least you're getting extra exercise even if it's a hassle to figure out what to do with your kid. Is your son old enough to handle the dog, or do you still need to hold the leash? It would probably make life a lot easier if he could hold the dog and you could push a stroller, but that's probably too convenient to be possible...

Does anyone have any suggestions for short workout videos? I'm doing the 30 day shred now (day 6) and biking, but I'd like something short to do in the morning to wake me up and get me going. I tried a dancing video that I found on youtube yesterday, but I'm not nearly coordinated enough for all the moves, nor do I have the hips and butt that the instructor has...so I just looked silly trying to shake my boy hips >_< Ideally I'd like something 10-15 minutes that wouldn't end in me completely drenched in sweat, but would get the calorie burn started for the day.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #45  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Default Still here!

Good morning!

First off Thanks to all who wished me well on the GMAT. But exactly what I expected to happen...happen. I scored terrible, and Im not really mad, because I know I didn’t put in the effort to study as I should. BUT on another note, I have been eating well, I still haven’t been grocery shopping but, it is on the agenda for the weekend and so is the Farmers Market! I have been trying different pre packaged salads, soups and Lean Cuisines. So when I go shopping I will know whats good and what I can buy several of. I ordered Turbo Fire, and have already fit it in my schedule for at least the next couple of weeks. Im determined to find work out time even the I have a spoiled 4 month old! It should be here before Monday and the real jouney shall begin. I plan to continue using MFP, it was very helpful before.

Question? Do You have any favorite Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, Healthy Choice dinners? If so, what are they?

Hotaruchan- Kudos to you on the shred! I couldn’t get past day 4. I hate the repeating the same thing everyday. Hopefully I find a cure with this Turbo Fire......

sgreeg- Aww, dog sitting ! Sounds fun long as you have a decent dog!
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote