Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Default A little perspective

I have not lost a significant amount of weight since Sept (5 pounds). From Sept-Dec, I was in a little bit of a funk and more or less maintained. Started the new year at around 213 (with a low at 209) and started weight training. I am now at 210, but I fluctuate between 210-213. I have been so frustrated because it has been a while since I have lost a significant amount of weight. I knew when i started weight lifting that i wouldn't lose weight in the first few months. I have been losing inches though and my clothes are fitting better than ever!

Disspite losing inches, I was still frustrated. I mean, I still have 50 pounds to lose!! I am forever reminding myself that it is a marathon and not a sprint.

Since I burst into tears this morning after seeing the same number again on the scale and no real change in measurements, I gave myself a kick in the rear and when I got home from work I grabbed my old notebook where I had weight/measurements from 6-7 years ago. What I found astounded me.

In 2005, I was 195 and my starting measurements were only a 1/2 inch or so lower from my measurements now. In that year I lost nearly 20 pounds and gained it back. In 2006, I was at 200 pounds and my measurements now are less or equal!!

What I discovered is that I have lost and kept off 40 pounds, which is the best my adult body has ever done. I have kept it off for a longer period of time (started June last year). My body likes the 200 pound range. Likes, as in comfortable. But I am not done. I can say that I will lose the rest of my weight even if it takes me two years. Slow is my key.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #2  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

It is goodbthat you're determined. I keep telling myself that if I had stuck to my efforts previously I wouldn't be doing it again so these changes must be permanent no matter how many bumps or straightaways. It is amazing to get below the 200 MARK and I will personally be celebrating that moment-likely in another 7 months or more. You are doing great, love that you're lifting weights!! Keep it up and thank you for being an inspiration!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/183/145

Wow! You have come a long way, so you should be proud.

I also went into a funk in September, but instead of maintaining, I gained back everything.

It's funny how I thought "oh, I won't reach my goal for another four months, it will take soooo long!" and now it is basically six months later and it seems like time just flew by!

Anyway, hang in there!! It sounds like you are on a good track!!
Ruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #4  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good for you for putting things in perspective! Also, congratulations on maintaining a 40 lb loss and sticking with your weight training regimen!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #5  

I try to tell myself that I have been fat for a long long time, years - whats the problem with extending my weight loss for a few more months?
That being said its still a struggle with me not to be so impatient =(
The weight feels so much worse when you are trying to lose it. Funny that when you aren't trying to lose (and you were at a heavier weight) it doesn't feel nearly as annoying.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote