Old 02-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow: haha, thanks for commenting on my boy issues. actually, that makes me feel better cuz i'm hugely insecure and always paranoid that they're gonna dump me. if it's just him getting comfortable, than i can deal with that and yes, he still is a good one oh and the makeup! girl... it's like this big huge palette with 88 colors... 88!!! also, if the doctor gave you antibiotics, take them!! good luck with the fish&chips... maybe you can deal by eating only half or something? i am also very much looking forward to friday! XD soooo tired from work and lack of sleep... geh.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii Just basing that on experience - most guys I know kind of get comfortable around that 3 month time slot! Oh man, jealous of the makeup haha. The doctor gave me the antibiotics but told me to wait one-two days before starting the course to see if I felt better. Some doctors are a bit weird about prescribing stuff sometimes, and he seemed to be one of them - but at least he gave me the prescription... but now I just dunno whether to take them!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

First of all, thank you all SO MUCH for all your kind comments about my interview. They've all seriously made me feel so much better about the whole thing. I've been having flash backs to the interview since it happened, sometimes I quite literally have to tell myself to shut up! I'm slowly but surely moving forward and pushing it out of my mind and waiting to see what happens. I've got in contact with Interac, another company that hires ALT's to work in Japan (although it's not as well paid as JET which is why I went there first), and they've looked at my application and are going to do a phone interview with me soon hopefully. I'll get to Japan one way or another! But thank you all again, I figured I would say a big collective thank you here instead of repeating it over and over in personals!

Also, another collective message for those who asked about my boyfriend drinking the night before I arrive, he understood completely and said he wouldn't go crazy. He said he knew that I was arriving the next day and knows how important it is. So that's all fine now too =).

I can't believe I'll be leaving in 8 days! It feels like yesterday it was something like 54 days. It's funny, because I have these really paranoid dreams that the boyfriend is going to see me and not be bothered about me, and today I got an email saying he had a similar dream! Our meeting is going to be SO STRANGE. It feels like I haven't seen him in years.

I failed at my exercise yesterday because of the stressful couple of days I had before. I just wanted to slob out! But today is a new day, and even though the blob is here, I will do Insanity! It's also fareezzzing here, so it will warm me up!

candice - TOM is here for me too! But dayum, I do not get it as bad as you seem to! I'm sorry it causes you so much pain, but it's nice to see you get motivated about getting up and about!
Don't get disheartened when you stall, you have to keep pushing forward! You can do it!
I love subs too, I used to have them all the time at Uni, which was bad because I got the BMT which is like the fattiest of them all haha. But now I've started making compromises, I get a 6" instead of the footlong and get water with it now instead of pop. Once in a while treat won't do me any harm!

Dulo - A holiday is a great source of motivation for weight loss, you can do it!

QB - Well he works at a sushi restaurant so they give out free drinks to all the staff during the shift in case they want them. It is very strange, I agree, but hey ho! I know, I'm so freakin' excited too. I'm actually at the stage now where I can't actually believe it's happening...so I don't actually feel anything at all! I'm so weird, haha.

Alexis - Thank you for the support, I really appreciate it

torito - I must admit, being apart of these chats does take some time, but it feels like a second family now so I enjoy it! But don't be nervous =). I'm sorry you're having a hard time in life right now. Just try and communicate with your friend, just ask her that you want to talk to her and just tell her what's going on. Just say you're having a really hard time and you're sorry if you seemed really down and negative but to understand it was really hard on you and you really could use the support. If that doesn't work then she wasn't really a good friend to begin with. Glad your Mum's out of hospital now!

LindsB - Ouch, that sounds painful! I hope the meds work too!

Kawaii - No, thank god I was not asked to do the demo lesson! Maybe I should be extra thankful!! WELL DONE ON EXERCISING!!! WOOHOO! 30DS is really hard when you first start out. I remember starting it and thinking "oh my goose I'm in so much pain" but now I'm rocking up Insanity so it's definitely a good place to build up some strength and fitness!!
CONGRATUMALATIONSSS ON REACHING THE 170s!!! Wow, you're just being super awesome lately aren't you? Haha, you should have taken a picture of your makeup experimentation!
Hey now, this is a chat thread, chat about anything you so desire, it's not all about weight loss in here, girl! Unfortunately, that cute stage is really just a stage...it does fade away. Hopefully it means that he's just becoming more secure and relaxed in your relationship, just make sure you tell him not to take you for granted and still show you he cares. I used to get all sorts of crazy cute stuff directed at me, it's gone now, and trust me I was cranky for a while too...but I started to appreciate the small things and the bigger picture - that we are together and that's something incredible =).

rainbow - Thank you, and you're absolutely right - nerves definitely got in the way!!
I'm glad your throat is feeling better, why wouldn't you take the antibiotics? Surely it would help? Just be sure to keep drinking water and try exercising as soon as you can to start seeing a weight change.
Oh dear...the chippy! My advice would be portion size, portion size, portion size. Try your best to pick the healthiest option! Would they really shun you for not having it though?
I looked in my diary and it said it's Waitangi day Monday, what's that??

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-02-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

KawaiiCandie:
Yes its been gorgeous here! I love it!!! 45-50degree weather for awhile now… which don’t get me wrong I like snow especially now with my son …id like to bring him out to play in it… on the other hand I don’t drive so we walk everywhere…doctors, pharmacy, grocery store, dollar store, park etc. so when it snows I usually have to keep checking the weather and go grab stuff while I can… I also hate sitting indoors all the time L Congrats on reaching 179lbs!!!! Yahoo!!! I can totally relate when you’ve been stuck at a number for SOOO LONG and you finally see the number I think my face looks like the grinch with a grin ear to ear! Haha And no we don’t mind hearing bout your “nondiet insecurites” lol anyway we can help!! Where abouts you going in Canada?? And im sure everythings fine its probably like you said hes tired or busy… try sending him those adorable little text messages… or maybe mention it to him… “I used to love when you sent me little messages like that….” Your def not a dork… you’re a girl :P hahah

Rainbowstripe:
Glad to hear your throat is getting better… my recommendation would be, and im not a doctor, but if your almost over it then I wouldn’t take the antibiotics…. I myself don’t take anything when I get sick… sore throat bad ear runny nose etc I take nothing and im usually over it in a couple days… here in Canada we actually have a couple doctors that when you come in like that wont give you medicine ever…. They just don’t write prescriptions and they send us to the store and say get this vitamin and drink this tea blah blah… it works trust me… try drinking some peppermint tea and rub vicks on your throat and chest J Fish and Chips eh? Ive been craving fish and chips for soooo long…. Mmm maybe just eat half the portion they give you? Or fill up on something else throughout the day that way your not as hungry and tempted to eat the whole thing. A relaxing night sounds good!! Which Holiday do you have right now? Have a great weekend!

Riestrella:
Im excited for you!!!! I don’t know how you can go that long without seeing your bf… I would go nuts!!! I miss Aidens dad when he hasn’t come over for a couple days!!! Haha as for the dreams your probably just both feeling the same way… nervous about seeing each other, its been so long so it could be awkward but don’t let be…. Just pretend like you saw him yesterday…. Act comfortable and **** jump on board and then itll be a great experience. Everyones entitled to a SLOB OUT day lmao once in while…. Glad the stress is somewhat over for you… Sucks about TOM… yea I don’t know why I got picked for the crappy TOMS lol today is a little better still a little tender, especially in the area were my incision is from my c-section. But omg like I never really paid attention to it but when I swell that little pocket of “fat” I guess you could call it from the surgery gets huge!!!! Its so gross and bothers me a lot actually cuz in sweats it looks really bad… Thanks I try not to get disheartened but a whole weekend of cake and great dinners I havent had in awhile and I just missed having the old “good” food :S It was hard to get back on but Im doing good so far .. On target for exercise and calories J I havent had a sub since I left my shop back in March of last year … I wish they had a place near my house I would totally walk and get one for lunch everyday…. Haha I sound like Jared :P

As for me everyone, another beautiful day prob wont hit 50 but theyre talking 46 so gonna go for my walk with Aiden and maybe go a little further today instead of the park... come home hopefully do my workout today since i didnt do the whole things yesterday... well see how the pain is when I get home. Swellings gone done and im down a lb since yesterday thank god... I hate gaining so much during TOM... its like you take all week to lose 3lbs and then gain it in one day ugh anyways not much going on here today probably have a chilaxing day with the boy... his dads coming over tomorrow and Saturday for the whole day so itll be nice to him and Aiden be able to spend lots of time with him. Other then that I guess Im just really happy... my 17 year old brother and his girlfriend had a baby just around the same time as me (two weeks apart) and he was having a hard time in school before but had gone back today!!!! I couldnt be more proud of him... he has had plenty of struggles with learning growing up in grade school and this is just so great... his girlfriend also went back today after being off since like april just before she had the baby.... I know this sounds like something that they should be doing and not really a big deal but in my family is a big accomplishment... myself being the only one to have finished high school and gone to uni not just out of my family but out of extended family as well.... My other sister who is 23 dropped out in grade 10 and just stopped going... after some talking to she started going to pass and doing the work on her own but dropped out again with only like 4 classes needed to graduate. And my younger sister 14 just started high school and already hates it.... I know this is a lot because theyre lazy and dont wanns go but our school systems have gone down so much I cant even begin to describe how Sh*** the teachers are, and the rules are crap... its just rediculous... I dont blame them at all for not wanting to be there. So anyways Im babling but Im just glad that him and his girlfriend are gone back and doing this for my neice.... well Im going to get my butt in gear and head out!!! Have a great day everyone
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

torito I'm sorry your mom wasn't doing well. Good that she's out of the hospital though!! You're right about your friend. The ones that stick around when you're cranky/impossible/moody (uhm, not saying you were. I meant that as a general "you") are the ones worth sticking with.

LindsB how's the infection? Hopefully the medicine does the job. Did they tell you to put a warm (or cold?) wet wash cloth on your eye to help with the swelling?

Kawaii Days like that aren't any fun.
Well, with work, if the dad comes home early (really rare, but it does happen sometimes) I get to leave. He was going to have me stay, but since the baby had just gone down for a nap she was probably going to stay asleep. So I zoomed out of there before he had a chance to wake her up! (Sometimes he talks on the phone too loud, or walks too loud, and it wakes her). And I got to come in a little late because the baby had an appointment. So the mom didn't need me at my normal starting time. Which was awesome! An extra 30 minutes of sleep.
Under 180?! Congratulations!!
in my experience: boys are horrible at understanding how much it means to us when we get cute little texts like that during the day.

OH.MY.GOODNESS.
So, since I only have 1 baby this week, the parents have given me permission to take her out and about all over (within reason, of course) and to even run some errands if I want (woo!).
Today she and I were at a gas station, because they have a hand-held car washer thing that I've seen people use and I wanted to try and use it to wash my car. Well, I couldn't get it to work (haha I'm a spaz) but....I am SO glad I didn't get it to work! This is why:
I was moving my car, driving around to where the cashier girl was so I could ask how to use the washer. Well, as I get close to the cashier, I see this woman almost get knocked over by a car speeding off!! My first thought was "ohmygosh I hope she's ok!" and then it hit me: someone had just stolen her car! So I put my car into park and rolled down the window to call out to her. She was in shock in a huge way. Didn't even see the guy that got in (but I saw him as he was driving off).
So I called the police for her, told the operator where we were. Handed my cell to her so that she could give a description of the car, then she gave it back to me so I could describe the guy that took her car. And then they sent out a police car to us so I had to wait for him to come....and once he arrived I gave the description of the guy again (trying to remember as much of the guy as I could) and gave the cop all of my information if he needed to get in touch with me. Thank goodness the baby was happily munching on crackers in her car seat!
Anyway...this poor woman. She left her key in the ignition, and got out for just a minute to walk around her car and remove the gas pump (she had been sitting in her car while the gas was pumping). All it took was that minute or two for this JERK to jump into her car in the middle of the day and drive off. Her cell phone, credit cards, everything was inside the car. I really hope they catch him.

I know none of my story is about my weight. But I just couldn't believe that happened!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #21  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

hello all!

I'm soooo pooped right now. I barely got any sleep last night but I still got up at 5 and went to the gym. I've been feeling discouraged lately because I've been exercising and following my daily caloric intake religiously, and I have not shed a pound. That day that I was at 143? yeah, back up to 145 the next day and I've been teetering between 144 and 145. GRRR. TOM totally ripped me off with my woosh. I had a physical today, and the doctor told me I'm underweight? My BMI is 22...which is in the healthy range, but I have more fat than muscle. I definitely need to step up the weight training more.

My boyfriend wants to go out to dinner tomorrow. We have a gift certificate to a legit irish restaurant we love, and they have live music on friday nights. I haven't cheated at all, but it's difficult to get any healthy dish there, so I guess I'll count this as my monthly treat. It's SO tempting to have fish and chips, but I'll stick to something better and just pick a couple bites from his dish. I know I'll feel sick if I order that. As long as I have my guiness, I'm happy

reistrella: I'm sure you did fine on the interview. I've always heard that employers prefer someone with some actual personality rather than someone who just sits there and spews out the expected answers to questions. You haven't seen your boyfriend in 7 months? WOW! I've done the long distance relationship for 6 years, but we've never gone past a month without seeing each other (we had a 2 hour distance between us so it wasn't bad, but with school and work it was a pain!)

Quiet Ballerina: That story is NUTS!! I honestly can't believe people sometimes, and it's a shame how much you really can't trust society anymore. I'm so paranoid about those things. If I'm filling my car, I lock the doors because I remember hearing on Oprah that a creeper could sneak into your car. If I drop a movie off at blockbuster, I lock the door even if I'm 2 feet from the car.

rainbow: hope you're feeling better! Try eating soft foods like applesauce, yogurt, and pudding. They're not great, but at least you get some nutrition and they're easier to swallow! A sore throat is no fun!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #22  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Ack! Already so behind lol

Linds Let me know how the book is! I’ve read so much about it and have been thinking of picking it up.

Kawaii I’m studying radiography (x-rays). I’m soo close to being done (well not really… not done until May) but I like to say that I’m close because it makes me feel better haha. The program is really tough, and they condensed it into two years so I’ve been going for a year and a half nonstop. And right now I have 11 classes. And as soon as I graduate I’m probably gonna go right back to get my CAT scan ticket.
Congrats on actually doing 30ds and getting under 180! I’m sure it’s around somewhere.. but where are you going in Canada? I’m sorry you’re having boyish troubles, they can be so stupid sometimes.

candice That’s so good that they’re going back to school! I know what it’s like, my brother’s gf dropped out when she got pregnant and she always talked about getting her GED but never did. I don’t know if she has even gotten it now, but she’s in a post secondary so at least she’s doing something! I am happy to hear you get to enjoy the weather, walks on those types of days are the best.

quiet haha don’t worry I didn’t think you were calling me any of those things That is a CRAZY story!! Good for you for helping out and calling the police. It’s so scary that stuff like that can happen anytime. I usually leave my key in the ignition when I go into the gas station, you just don’t expect anything to happen. Would be a good time though, the car is full of gas.

samma I hate when TOM rips you off. I’m sure it’ll come off, maybe going out will help that out. We all deserve a little treat now and then. I agree with you, that try and make the best choices you can and still enjoy it. Definitely enjoy the beer!

reistrella I feel you on the long distance thing. Me and my ex did it for a few years, and it was the biggest hassle (and now it was the biggest waste of my time and money… but that’s because he was a loser) It’s hard but it is possible! I hated when everyone said it would never last because we were doing long distance.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella Glad to hear you've tried to stop worrying about the interview, and good to hear you contacted another place as well! Having options is a good thing! Hope the next 8 days don't stress you out too much. How long has it been since you saw your bf? It might be a bit weird at first but I'm sure it will be fine! With the antibiotics, he said to wait to see if I felt better in a day or so or then start them if I didn't.. and since I feel better, I'm not. Waitangi day is a national holiday here, to commemorate the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi. I'd go into it, but it's pretty detailed - if you're interested, go on Wikipedia haha - I'm sure there's heaps of info, but it might not be that interesting!

candice Sounds like some good things are happening with you and your family at the moment! Thanks for the advice - I've been drinking peppermint tea and just taking the odd paracetamol for the throat pain. Antibiotics are still untouched and I am feeling better!

quietballerina What a story! That must have been pretty surreal!

sammalamma I hope you enjoy the dinner!

~I did ok today I think! I only had one piece of fish, picked a smaller one, and had a small portion of chips. It was really delicious, really well made and not super greasy like you find a lot of the time.

My throat is feeling better as well, which is a positive, and I have the next three days off so that is also great!

We've got a few places to look at in the next couple of days (to live) which is good... but so far most have been disappointing or not right for us, so it gets disheartening looking at place after place. I just hope one of them is right.

Weight was still the same. Urgh. I guess I should be happy I am maintaining and not gaining anymore... but... I'm not. Hah.

Oh well, another food filled challenging weekend ahead, so I must remember to pace myself and not eat too much!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #24  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

rainbow glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and enjoyed fish and chips. I hate house hunting! I feel your pain

I went to give blood tonight. My dad has always gone (he's almost up to his 100th time lol) and I've always wanted to give being in the health field. So I go, and there was a huge group of first timers that were friends, I happened to be sitting beside one of them while giving blood and he's like "oh starting to feel a little light headed" and I watch his eyes roll into the back of his head and tell my nurse. Then he has a friggen seizure and it takes them a long time to get him back, all the while my heart starts beating so hard. He fights when he comes to, then pukes so I'm trying to just look away. Then he passes out again so 911 is called. (Normally I would be totally fine with this situation, but my arm was feeling light and my heart was beating abnormally fast). I decide I would like a glass of water and ask my nurse and she says she cant give me any, and being thirsty is usually a sign that you're gonna be sick. I was like "no no I'm fine just thirsty" but then I yawn and she like freaks out and pulls the needle out of my arm (apparently yawning is bad when giving blood...) So I'm a little disappointed, I don't know how much I gave, and if I'll be allowed to give in the future. But I'm pretty sure I just did that because of the dude.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

ok, first off, thanks to everyone who said they don’t mind hearing about my bf rants!! that means a lot!

rainbow: hope you’re right… didn’t hear from him at all last night, and since I know he got home in the morning, he’s probably still sleeping it off… I really hope he’ll have the mind to mail me before he goes to work (at 5pm) but I have a feeling he might just sleep til it’s time to wake up for work, where he’s not allowed a cellphone. geh. anyways… so did you start the antibiotics? if it was me I would just have taken them right away good luck for this weekend! both with the food, and with the apartment-hunting!

Rie: aww, I’m glad the situation was righted with your man! haha, and I know what you mean about meeting up being strange… ages ago, when my bf had to go back to Japan cuz his visa was up (yes, another Japanese man, although that’s just a coincidence! lol), we had to spend about 3 months apart, and I remember feeling so weird when I picked him up at the airport thinking “who is this person? am I allowed to touch him?” lol. well it lasted only about a day and things went back to normal after and thanks for all the congratulatory words! I especially liked the “you are being awesome lately” part, eheh. but yeah, hope it keeps up!! and I’ll take pics of the makeup next time. not all the colors come off great, but I’m wearing this insanely bright pink today and it still hasn’t faded even though it’s the middle of the afternoon! (I’m wearing MAC primer under though…) and about the boy… my boy… yeah. how do you deal with it? you guys are way more long-distance than me, but I figure some things are similar… how often do you guys talk or mail to each other, usually?

Candice: you’re so lucky! I’m freezing my butt here!! lol. and thanks. I’m going home to Montreal! I dunno if you caught it before but I live in Japan… I’m also supposed to be dragging the bf along, but we’ll see whether or not that happens… wow about your brother having a kid… that’s really young! good for them for going back to school!

ballerina: oh right, forgot you were a nanny that sounds cool though! and yay for the free time! yup, boys are just really thick, aren’t they? omg!! that situation is so crazy!! that was really nice of you to help her out!

Samantha: well done for getting up early to work out even though you were tired! I really admire that cuz I’d never have the strength to do it myself!! don’t feel down you’re working hard and not loosing… you’re smaller, and the smaller you are, the more difficult it gets to shed pounds off. maybe you should check about what you are eating as well as the caloric intake… some people’s bodies work differently and I know that, if I eat sweet stuff or carbs, even if I’m under my calorie limit for the day, I just don’t lose weight… so maybe shaking up your diet a bit would work. good luck! for the restaurant, don’t make yourself feel guilty, but just try to be reasonable, and it should be fine!

torito: radiography?! wow! good luck… studying sucks, haha, I’m so glad I’m done with it! but you’ll be happy when you get a good job cuz of it omg, 11 classes!!! I would die! like I told Candice, I’m from Montreal and I’m going back home to visit for a bit. I haven’t been back for over a year so I’m looking forward to it! wow, that’s nuts about the blood thing!! I went to give blood one time, and they did some kind of preliminary test on me and then I was told that I couldn’t do it cuz I don’t have enough iron in my blood… :/ maybe that guy had something like that and they didn’t test him before? either way… at least you’re alright!

hey guys!

It’s Friday here for me, and I’ve got about 1 hour of work left. I’m not too looking forward to the weekend though since I’ve got no money to spend, diet says I can’t drink, and boy is not coming over. so I’m probably gonna alternate between packing boxes and feeling sorry for myself. sounds fun, eh?

sorry, I’ve been in a pretty gloomy mood. I’m actually feeling better than I did, but still kinda meh. as a follow-up to my complaints of yesterday, I have now not heard from my boy for a whole day. I know he was going out all night with friends last night, and that he’s probably still sleeping it off, but I was really offended that he didn’t reply to me at all. usually he’ll write me when he gets home and stuff. *sigh* so anyways, I am trying not to freak out and tell myself that there is a logical explanation for all of this… in the meantime, it sucks.

I weighed myself this morning and it was a bit up from yesterday, but not by much so I don’t mind. I didn’t work out last night cuz my legs hurt too much and it was seriously too cold in my apartment to do anything. I was basically wearing 3 layers of clothes and shivering under my blanket in front of the computer… Japan does NOT have central heating… it’s ridiculous. oh and I was so stressed about the boy situation that I made myself go to bed so that I wouldn’t call him and embarrass him in front of his friend like a crazy gf… meh. I’m planning on working out tonight though, so wish me luck!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #26  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Not much to report over here! Just counting down the days, working and trying to see friends before I leave!! 7 DAYS TO GO!!

candice - That's crazy that you're the only one in your family who's finished high school and gone to Uni! Such an amazing accomplishment. I can't imagine dropping out of high school, I hated it and most of the teachers were shite but I just wouldn't have thought of dropping out. My parents would actually kill me!
Thank youuu! At first it REALLY sucked being away. We did long distance when he was still at Uni in England but we could text and call each other...but when he moved back to the US it got a lot harder because of the time difference and not being able to contact by mobile phone since it would be too expensive. It took some time, but we both learnt to adjust to it. The sooner you try and get used to the change the better, because if you start just missing the way things were that's when problems come up. I've honestly got so used to not seeing him and not (this might sound weird but it's not sexual!) touching him that it can feel like he's not quite real. It sounds like a negative but we still love each other and care about each other, it's just without seeing each other the dynamic really changes! I can't believe that we'll actually be together again soon!

QB - Oh my goose that's awful! You know when I've been to America sometimes I'm really surprised when people do that sort of thing, just leave their keys in the car and just pop out to get something thinking "it'll just be a minute." I would ALWAYS lock my car and never leave the keys in! It really is a shame that it happened to her, since she was just going around to the other side of the car, but again - never ever leave your keys on show!
It was really nice of you to help her, so you should be proud you're a very kind person =)

samma - How many calories are you eating? How much exercise do you do? And how much water do you drink? If you're not eating enough to compensate for your exercise then you won't see a change. There's a great tool here: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/myplate/index.aspx
that shows you what you should be eating and how much. It might seem like a lot, but exercise should be a very important factor to how much you eat. When I ate more since I was exercising 6 times a week for more than 30 minutes I saw a big difference in my loss! Just something to think about!
Thank you, I'm hoping they liked my personality too! Fingers crossed! And yeah, this has been the longest we've been apart for 3 years. The longest we'd been apart was 2 months, but that seems like nothing now after not seeing him for 7! It sounds like it's a long time, but honestly once I got used to the fact I wasn't going to see him for a while we both started to just focus on the future and not dwell on it. The more you wish it was another way the higher the chance of problems happening. It's going to be awesome to be around each other again, because we just have so much fun together!!

torito - I do get the sense that some people don't think it will last, or that he's cheating on me, but I know what the score is and I know he wouldn't do that to me. We've known each other 10 years, he wouldn't throw away all that time and friendship. But people at work like to wind me up about the lack of sex in my life! Haha!
Holy cow, that sounds like a NIGHTMARE blood giving session! I can't believe he had a seizure!! Why is yawning bad while giving blood?

rainbow - It's been 7 months since I last saw him! It will be super weird when I see him, but I can't wait! I'm glad you enjoying your chippy meal, and well done on portion control! Maintaining is sooo much better than gaining, but you know now that to lose you really need to step it up a gear! You can do it!

Kawaii - Hahaha, it's funny what you said about the touching thing, because I KNOW that's how I'm going to feel! Like "so....can I have sex with you or...?" It's going to be very strange, like meeting him for the first time again! But I'm sure after a day we'll be back to our ordinary stupid selves!
We email each other when, honestly, there's something to talk about. We have very ordinary lives but if there's a day where we don't do anything worth talking about then we don't email. But I'd say we email once every 2 days, it rarely goes up to 3-4. We used to email each other every day but it got to be a bit tedious, it lost it's soul because we were just talking about boring crap...it felt like we were just writing diaries to each other. There wasn't much meaning or purpose to it other than to try and find SOMETHING to say. So we stopped doing that.
We Skype probably once or twice a week. Sometimes it's gone a lot longer without Skype, because of the time difference.
At first there was a lot of talk of missing each other, it not being the same, but eventually we got used to being apart. We used to send each other flirtatious emails too...but those stopped because honestly it was just frustrating to hear all this sexy stuff and then not being able to do anything about it with each other! I'm sure leading up to me going over there'll be some filth heading it's way into my inbox, haha!

The thing with distance that you have to remember is that he can't see or sense your emotions. It's frustrating, because in your mind you're thinking "Well he SHOULD be texting me because ___" but to him he's just getting on with things not knowing how you're feeling! Communication is really important in distance, if you let things boil and then explode on him then he's just going to be SO confused and might potentially just get angry that you've called him to yell at him. You just need to be honest, say what you need from him and just be calm about it. Use the last couple of days as an example to say "the last few days has made me feel like you don't think about me because you're not texting or calling like you normally do" (I'm assuming that's how it feels because I've felt it too!) and then go from there. Or even just ask him if everything is ok because he's not been contacting you. Maybe he's getting nervous about the move and your trip to Canada? You just need to be reassuring and clear.

Even 7 months into our long distance we still have communication flaws. For example, he would pop up on IM and not say hello to me. His reason turned out to be because he was leaving soon and he thought I would get angry if he just said hello and then left. I said it's not fair to assume I would get mad, just hearing anything from you means a lot to me; I compared it to living together and having different jobs - if one of us got home while the other was leaving and we saw each other we would still say hello quickly. He understood and tries harder now.

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-03-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Hola girlies! Finally Friday! I am a bit depressed because I want to go downtown to party today for the Super Bowl, but instead I get to go downtown to work All my friends are being SO lame and don't want to go down this weekend! Hubby said he would go with me if I wanted, but we've already been twice.

Rainbow- The fish and chips sounds delish. When i visited NZ I had such a hard time eating anything other than fish and chips because the food is so different than in the US! I LOVE NZ! I hope I get to come back some day!

Kawaii- HAng in there sweetie! Try not to stress over the boy just yet. If he keeps not responding and being lackadasical about you, then I would def. confont him! You deserve the best

Ballerina- MY EYE IS BETTER! Woohoo! Today is the first day in 3 days that I have had no swelling! The actual infection site is nearly gone! I am relieved!

Torito- I will def. let you know about the book! I am a little more than 1/2 way through. I am hoping to finish the book this weekend so I can get started with the workouts on Monday. It is definitely an interesting concept and very different than what we, as women, have been taught about working out traditionally.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #28  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all,

It's been an interesting on the namaste roller coaster. Yesterday I finally got my butt in gear and did a pretty intense workout. I went with the bf, who played tennis for years and is still ridiculously thin and in shape even though he claims not to be. Needless to say, I got my butt handed to me. Still, it felt good to work out and I was in a great mood the rest of the day.

I also met with my mom, whom I haven't talked to in about a week after she totally lost it with me. My dad has been saying we need to talk it out anyhoo so we dont lose communication and become angry with each other. She took me to lunch, and I finally just told her everything I was feeling. I'll spare you the gruesome details but let's just say there was a lot on my mind. So she listened, and tried to hear my point of view, and we seemed to resolve a lot of things. She and I went to the bookstore and bought me a couple of books that have become my Bible(s) for the last few months, both by Jillian Michaels. And everything seems to be okay for now.

I have also discovered the vet tech school I was going to was going to be over 30K to attend, and I had to pay it back relatively quick. So obviously that idea went right out the window. I thought long and hard of what else I could possibly do, and I decided to continue with my registered dietician program. (I had a brief detour into another major for awhile and learned very quickly it wasnt for me.) I think it will give me motivation to keep working out and learning about how to be more aware of eating sensibly. It's a huge risk but I think I can do it.

So, that's all that is happening with me. I will try to do personals later on today if I have time.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Rainbowstripe: Yes im very happy with my brother and his girlfriend thanks J Glad to hear your doing much better.

Torito: Sorry you had such a horrible experience with blood donating…. That is absolutely horrible what happened to that man… I hope he is doing better now. I am a little curious why yawning while giving blood is bad as well?? Ive never heard of this…. Maybe it was just a bad time… hopefully you can give again in the future J

KawaiiCandie: Yes I am absolutely taking advantage of the weather while I can… its beautiful again today sun is shining a little colder but still do-able for a walk with the little guy… I did see that you live in Japan… ive always wanted to go there and see things… my cousin lived there for two years to teach English and she used to send me pics and souvenirs and stuff J so much fun!! Hopefully the stuff with your bf works out and he can go. Ya theyre really young but great parents…

You should be able to do something fun on the weekend…. Maybe pack boxes and instead of feeling sorry for yourself invite a couple friends over and have a movie night?? Lol sounds cheesy but always works for me J Don’t worry about the boy… us girls tend to over exaggerate everything when it comes to boys… and we always freak out over something that’s probably nothing. J sucks that they don’t have central heating… keep warm!!! Don’t stress about the boy!!! Itll get better…. Good luck!

Riestrella: Thanks I love school if I could go back and not have to pay haha I def would… I loved University more then High School tho. My mom would have been disappointed if I dropped out because sounds stupid but everyone holds me up to higher standards then the others I think because Ive always got the good grades and stuff… But if I had I know she would have understood because she herself dropped out in grade 10... She had me when she was 17 going on 18 and then went back to school just before I graduated from grade 8 and got her diploma so ya she would understand. Sounds really hard the long distance I give you credit for keeping with it… So happy for you tho!!!!

LindsB: I know the feeling I wanted to at least celebrate with a superbowl party but my sons Dad is going to a buddys house now to watch the super bowl and play poker leaving me at home with the baby… L shitty especially since I only got into football this year and because of him. Oh well Ill make up some healthy party snacks and my son and I will sit in our jerseys and watch ourselves I guess…. Going downtown with the hubby is better then nothing right??
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #30  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

The past two times I've calorie counted and exercised, I've had 1200-1300 calories. I use an app on my phone to count, so even when I exercise, it gives me those calories back for eating. I generally get an hour of exercise in every day. Even if it's too much, I just feel better when I do an hour. I'm going to switch it up and do 30 minutes strength, and 30 minutes cardio, along with bumping up my caloric intake to 1400 a day. I'm going to try it out for 2ish weeks and see how I do. I know your metabolism kicks into high gear with strength training so I hope it'll help. I've been doing the same thing that I've done before to lose weight, but I guess my body is changing again.

riestrella: that site is telling me I should eat 2400 calories a day.....is that just for maintenance, or for weight loss??? That seems like A LOT!!! Holy moly I don't think I could eat that much in a day!

sorry, no time for personals. I just got home from my internship and I'm pooped!! I'm going to take a nap before I head out for the night. I decided I'm getting the fish and chips because it's rare that I ever go to this restaurant, and it's the only time I get fish and chips...so why not?

Last edited by sammalamma; 02-03-2012 at 03:46 PM.
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote