Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

~*Quote of the Week*~

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

The Challenge has Officially Begun. We Can Do This!!!!

:
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #62  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Welp AF is here and couldn't have came at a worst time. I have craving at this time of the month and with thanksgiving being tomorrow I am gonna have to fight temptation 2x as hard..
Any advice?

Btw: I have lost a pound in this last week. Not the number I wanted but glad it is a lost and not a gain.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #63  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

I'm so ready for this :-)
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #64  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i have a very hard time with my meal time. the biggest problem is that i work all day and don't really have time to eat and then i eat at night when i come home. also very little exercise is not helping the situation but the good thing is that i have to move a lot at work and run around. i hope i will see the scale moving.

good luck all!
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #65  

I feel so gross. I’ve been eating way too much the past few days. My weight is probably nowhere near what my ticker says. My brothers are home from school and it’s been non-stop food and booze. I ran outside a few times this week, but it was no match for my extra eating. Tomorrow I’m doing a day after thanksgiving 5 mile race. I’m really excited to get a good workout and get back on track. Hopefully my first weigh in won’t be too ugly .

Countrybarbie24 – Hope you survived. Everyone goes though those stretches. You just have to do the best you can. Sit on your hands if you have to. Most importantly get right back on track once it passes.

Last edited by Scarlett; 11-24-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:48 AM   #66  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Whoop whoop! I'm sure like the last one this challenge is going to fly by!! My version of Thanksgiving was going to a Christmas market, porking out on chocolate covered marshmellows, mini pancakes and then eating a giant sushi meal! Gotta love the American influence in my life ;p. But I'm still weighing in at 163 lbs which is awesome =D. Going to start Insanity Round 2 on Monday, need to just do it!!

barbie - Argh, I know how you feel, I have to feed my "period monster" (as the BF calls it) or else I get super cranky! I usually crave chocolate, soda, crisps...just everything! I think just reminding yourself that YOU don't want the food, your hormones are trying to convince you you do, then maybe you can psychologically work around it. But if you pork out, don't worry, it happens and it IS a holiday over there!

sunshine - What time do you get home? Because sometimes I can be working until 2am so I know how you feel. What I do is make sure I eat my lunch before I start work (which is usually a cooked meal so I can take sandwiches and the such to work as dinner) and then around 6/7pm I get my break and eat my packed dinner in a way. After that I really don't feel hungry, and just make sure I drink plenty of water. I have to run around at work too, but as long as you just get those meals in there before and on your break then you can do it!

Scarlett - Thanks so much for doing this challenge again! You do such an amazing job at organising it all and giving out all the little awards. It's really awesome =). Did you exercise a lot before your stall? Because I found that my body naturally doesn't store fat as much as it used to do because I've sort of moulded it to be more of an athletic type of body! So even when I'm failing at eating/exercising I tend to just stick at the same weight. Fingers crossed you have the same results! Just pick yourself back up and focus on what your goal is and keep going! It's ok to trip up it happens to us all =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

This challenge saved me from sabatoging myself on Thanksgiving! Thank you!

I'm on a low carb diet so I was going to be in trouble at my boyfriend's parents' house. His mom makes the best turkey, so I mostly ate that. I did allow myself a slice of cheddar cheese from the cheese platter and a reasonable serving of mashed potatoes. Funny thing is while I was eating the potatoes I was wishing it was mashed cauliflower! Go figure. Thanks to this challenge, I limited my food intake and did not put myself in a coma and I also did not go back for seconds OR dessert! I'm pretty proud! I went up .2 from yesterday but I consider that a success. I feel like this was my first real test in the 3 weeks I've been on this diet.

How did everyone else do?
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #68  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

I had two slices of pumpkin pie, and I am not ashamed. I was pretty decent during supper. It was just like a normal meal. Time to recover. Will be eating fairly moderately for the next few days.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I overate a bit with dinner, but I was so stuffed from dinner that dessert didn't really happen So between that and not really eating any of the appetizers that were scattered around beforehand, I showed a small .4 loss on the scale this morning!! I'm hoping that it stays down tomorrow morning.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #70  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Well I think I did a good job yesterday. I only had 2 plates yesterday and 1 piece pumpkin pie and maybe like 1/4 cup of sweet potato suflay(however you spell it lol). Had leftovers for lunch and my bf wants to have left overs for supper tonite. About to work out. Didn't get to yesterday although I did go to walmart 12am Black Friday sale and well that was a walking/shopping workout lol. I'm gonna do a little extra on my workout tonite try make up to myself for all the food I have been munching on today and had yesterday. The sweets are calling to my very hungry hormones

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 11-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #71  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

riestrella- it depends, sometimes i come at 10 pm sometimes at midnight after working all day. and we have only one break so you can't even have a proper meal (we could but the boss is stupid, honestly) and i try to snack all the time when there isn't much work, usually i eat a sandwich around 8pm and when i come home i'm starved and my mom usually cooks something great like today crepes with nutella but i didn't eat them and no i feel rambling in my stomach but it's past midnight and i'm in my bed. i weighed today and i have 4 pounds more but probably because i have my period finally.
and i found a wonderful solution for my sweets ... i bought some cookies today and if i had brought them home i would probably eat them already but instead i left them in my locker at work so when i get there i take them with me then later when i go home i leave them there. ; )

girls you did good job!

barbie resist that urge like i resisted pancakes with nutella :P
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #72  

I ran a 5 mile race this morning in 55 min and 09 seconds

That’s a 11:02 min mile pace. I ran (or lightly jogged) the WHOLE thing!! I’ve never even made it through an entire 5k (3.1 miles) without stopping. I still can’t believe it. The high lasted all day. I guess all the extra energy I consumed yesterday made good fuel. This was the perfect pick me up after a few bingey type days. Tomorrow I plan to face the scale and get fully back on track. Luckily my brothers are home and hence most of the choice leftovers are gone.

Riestrella – thanks for the encouragement and congrats on maintaining 163! I had been hovering around 182 for several days until Thanksgiving came. I will definitely get right back on track. I’ve survived many of these “wasted week” type stretches though the first 2 challenges. At this point it doesn’t even faze me anymore. If anything it just gets the metabolism going to prime me for future losses

Daki – Glad you’re enjoying the challenge. It’s crazy how much an anonymous upcoming weigh in makes you consider your eating. Great Job!!

Chele615 – Congrats on posting a loss so far!!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 215/141.4/140

Height: 5'7"

I was so excited that even with overeating yesterday i ended up being down .2 lbs this morning! I've been stuck at 174.6 for the past 4 days so it was about time the scale finally moved! I'm thinking i probably would have dropped down more if it hadn't been thanksgiving. Plus i was up a lot earlier than i'm used to this morning so i may have been down another few tenths if i'd been able to get the sleep that i'm used to. I'm very pleased and hope that i'll continue to drop in the morning!

scarlett - i would LOVE to be able to run a 5 mile race! I've been trying to get started with running but i'm having problems with shin splints so i'm trying to take things really slowly for now. I really enjoy it but i guess my body isn't quite ready to be a runner yet. haha
RebaRamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #74  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Great job Reba!

I, personally, am dreading this weigh-in. Home from school and have been studying for finals and not really putting much into exercising...when I have at all this week. There have been too many goodies and not enough working out. As soon as finals are done, I intend to start a paleo type diet but that won't be until the 16th. 1Ls are crazy enough without drastically modifying their diet. lol.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

I did not do well this thanksgiving. I had all the standards and three (albeit small) pieces of pie. The reason - I worked night shift on Thanksgiving and all my co-workers had done a potluck. There were mounds of food in the break room. Eight pies! And I was stuck in a room adjoining them for ten hours.

The good news is, I'm only up 0.6 today.
Even better, my BF is working 48hr straight. While I don't get to see him, I also don't have to deal with his overfeeding tendencies. He's a great cook, but thinks American restaurant portions are normal, or maybe only 10% bigger than normal. He gets this wounded look on his face when I have the "I need less fuel than you" talk with him. So, very glad to be packing my own portions for work for the next two days.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote