Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I'm on Thanksgiving break right now. And I'm still so very busy. I have 5 big assignments that I have to complete before next Tuesday. Anyway, I just got on and read up on everyone's progress.

Rie - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Yay on getting that weight down though!

Namaste - I love Chris Tomlin. I just went to a Casting Crowns concert a little over a week ago. It was awesome. Do you work at Walmart? Just all the lingo makes me think so.

Everlasting - My nephew was colicky. My brother heard that you could put socks on their feet and it would help. Don't ask me if that's true or not, but the child still likes having socks on his feet and he's 2 now. Haha! She will grow out of it soon. Hang in there!

I'm thinking about doing a detox starting the week after Thanksgiving. It's phase I from the Fat Smash Diet. Ever heard of it? I've done it before and it definitely works....and most importantly, it's healthy.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/106/96

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

How was the weekend?

I'm not usually on the chat. In fact, I just recently joined the board. I've been making some weight-loss progress. I spent 6 days stalled at 124, finally dropped to 123, and by Friday has made it to 122.6... on my way down!

This weekend there was some intense tailgating this weekend I am up to 124. I need some support! How much of the gain could be real?

Last edited by Soon2BSlender; 11-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Namaste - Ignore that previous question. I just read that you work at Macy's.

Slow around here right now. I guess because of the weekend and then with Thanksgiving coming up. So, me and the DH have been eating vegetarian the last few days. Not all out vegetarian, but not eating meat at dinner. His cholesterol is borderline high and we need to get that down. He knows what it is though. Every morning, before work, he stops and gets a sausage biscuit. THAT is his problem. So, he's been eating a little healthier...been getting fruit, yogurt, and granola for breakfast instead. Anyway, we will have lots of family time Thursday and Friday. I have a bunch of school work to get finished before we leave Thursday so I'm determined to stay focused on that today and tomorrow.

Soon2BSlender - Welcome! Your gain could very well just be your body holding water, especially if you ate a bunch of salty stuff. Drink plenty of water and it will probably come right off.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #64  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Sgregg- Yup. They actually took away my shift the last time I looked at my schedule, so I will just be working Saturday, which is fine with me. I like Casting Crowns as well, though I've never seen them in concert.

~~~
I have been slacking off just a touch, especially yesterday. I paid for it though, cause I felt horrible all day yesterday and the day before. I am back OP today, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will stay that way all day.

I had fun at the NFL game, we got to go onto the field after the game and take tons of pictures. I even got an autograph from one of the players, which I thought was pretty cool. I even stayed OP at the game, no snack food, just an overpriced bottle of water.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too, I am spending it with my boyfriend's family for the first time. I have never met his extended family before so I reckon Thanksgiving is a good time to do so.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #65  
A broad on a mission

S/C/G: sz20/14/8

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ah I wish I was going to be with my family for Thanksgiving, but they are across the Atlantic

Have fun, namaste! I'm sure it will be great
aBroadAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #66  
Underdog to Beastmode

Geeeezzz... well, I managed to injure my back for the second time in five years by doing something funky with it while I was doing yoga. I don't get it. I have done yoga coming up on three years now, and I have never had any injuries as a result. Whatever I did, it is painful and I may have to ease up on my exercise regimen until it heals up. One thing's for sure, I will be watching my diet like a hawk until I get back to exercising.

However, I digress.

Getting closer to finals with every passing day. Right now I'm hovering or above A range for both my classes, so its looking good. I am trying to receive a scholarship from the newspaper I design for plus an additional scholarship, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Dbf is not doing so hot in his classes so he'll be with me at community college for another year. It's not for lack of effort though, and I know he'll do a lot better on finals.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Sorry I am not usually in chat, but I am hoping to become more active on the forum! So hi all!

I also just wanted to share that I just started a 3FC blog and I'd love for you guys to check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/sweetpeach3388/

Thanks <3
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #68  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeach3388 View Post
Sorry I am not usually in chat, but I am hoping to become more active on the forum! So hi all!

I also just wanted to share that I just started a 3FC blog and I'd love for you guys to check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/sweetpeach3388/

Thanks <3
I checked out your blog and read your about me section! It's great that you have such a supportive boyfriend in your life =). I'm not saying you have to have a boyfriend to succeed, but I know it helps knowing that they'll love you no matter what. I have a boyfriend who's about 140 lbs and a few inches taller than me, he's pretty ripped and super in shape but still found me sexy at 200lbs! I used to say (when I was in a bit of denial) "would you still love me if I was really fat?" and he said "of course I would" but now I know that he HAS loved me when I was really fat!!

I posted a thread in the forum with a progress pic of me in my graduation dress. Feel free to take a look and comment if you so please! Would be mucho appreciated =)

I know I said I was going to start Insanity on Monday, but I didn't, and trust me, when I read posts like this I sometimes roll my eyes! I'm definitely going to start it again on the 28th, it'll work about better for me because my hours at work aren't as unsociable and I can fit it in in the morning. Then I get 2 weeks off so I can definitely stick to it!!

I'm surprisingly still at 163 lbs which is great. I'm happy that my body isn't as susceptible to weight gain since I've been working out pretty constantly since April. So Monday will kick start the weight loss again I'm sure of it!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:21 AM   #69  

Height: 5'9''

Hey people! Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my country, but my family celebrates a Saint on Nov 24th (every family in Serbia has a certain Saint they consider the guardian of the family) so I know the temptations you're facing . Plus my grandmother and grandfather are celebrating 56 years of marriage <3 this Saturday so there are distractions for me this week

Anyway, my exam week is almost over (2 are left from initial 5, Organic Chemistry and Physics) and I am pumped to start some more serious exercising and healthier eating.
Sorry for not being here, I said I'm gonna be regular, and I am once this crazy week is over!
Have a great weekend everybody!

PS Rie, you look great! Your waist is much,much smaller. And you have a nice figure- you are definitely going to be hot once that you are at your goal weight (not that you are not already!)
I am sorry about your dog
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #70  
Underdog to Beastmode

Hi guys! Happy Black Friday!

I was shocked to discover I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving, and actually broke my plateau (I had gained a lb and been stuck at 212.8 for two weeks, and now am at 212.4). I am also hoping to start some exercise today now that my back has healed up and most of the food is gone.

I spent Thanksgiving with my boyfriend, his mom and brother, his two aunts and one uncle, and a ton of puppy dogs. One of them was a miniature Yorkie and was smaller than a newborn baby, and he even had his own little fleece pullover.

HotHealthy-
No worries, I am practically a no-show during finals week too. I only have two this semester though, so I might show up a little more frequently then I did while handling a full courseload. Organic chem and physics are pretty hard... what are you planning to do after you get out of college?

SweetPeach- I really enjoyed your blog. That turkey cake looks absolutely amazing too, it must have taken a lot of hard work!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #71  

Height: 5'9''

It is awesome that you lost weight over Thanksgiving! Maybe the extra calories nudged your metabolism
Oooh, college is not nearly over for me, so I don't have a clue! Studies of pharmacy last five years and I am just a freshman, but I like it this way, the 'real life' with real obligations is still far away and I'm glad
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #72  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey ladies!

I'm really starting to feel the strain of not exercising. So I'm trying my best to channel those feelings into motivation. I'm completely busy tomorrow so I have no time to work out, but Monday for sure I'm going to hit up Insanity and sweat like a hippo in a power shower. I HAVE TO! I want to lose as much weight as possible before I see my bf in February and I want to hit that 150 lbs if I can!!

Christmas is going to be awful, my parents are both overweight and my Dad especially likes to use Christmas (the entire December month more like) as an excuse to gorge on treats. But I hope I can keep a good mentality and stick to my 3 meals a day and no snacks.

I might write something tonight, just a personal diary entry just to map out all the happenings and get it all out of my system. I find writing very much like therapy sometimes.

Hope you're all well and that you all survived Black Friday (we got news reports of people pulling out guns for bargains?! oh you crazy yanks ;p) and are staying strong!! Can't believe we're almost in December!!

hothealthy - SO GREAT to see you back! I hope Uni is going well for you and good luck on your exams. Which Saint does your family celebrate? That's really interesting! Aww thanks sweety, I hope I'll have a hot Beyonce like body personally!

namaste - Sometimes the body can do confusing things to us! Good luck with your exercise plan, you CAN do it! Take it easy on your back though, back injuries are awful I know too well!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #73  
Underdog to Beastmode

Rie- Thanks for the encouragement! Christmas is very similar in my house, my dad doesn't eat much but my mom is constantly cooking and eating. She is overweight also.

HotHealthy- Must be! And I am still losing too and couldn't be more thrilled with that. That's cool on the college thing, I am a freshman myself, I am starting afresh at the sprightly young age of 27. I have a degree in English but couldn't find work other than my current job, so I decided to go back and try something different.

Whew, what a day! We were having the rest of the Black Friday sales today so people were going crazy. We literally had lines of 10 people or more waiting at both registers. Thankfully I don't have to directly deal with customers, just direct them wherever they need to go if they ask me. I managed to get some post-Thanksgiving shopping done at another shop, where I got some amazing pj bottoms for $8. Aaand... they are an XL and are almost too big.

I started back on my exercise regimen today. Did an hour of the Biggest Loser workout and it must have paid off because I haven't gained any weight today. We'll see how it goes when I get on the scale tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies! It has been a while since I posted, I went home for Thanksgiving and had no time or Internet access. I want to come back and do personals and read up on everyone later but I just wanted to pop in and say hey! I hope you all enjoyed your holidays! Mine was awesome but I ate super poorly and only exercised one day I weighed myself today and have gained 4 pounds, although some of that gain happened before I left for thanksgiving due to school getting busy and papers and such. I knew I had gained and now it is time to get committed and lose it. I need to really focus up my diet though because that is always my weakness .... Anybody have any really good recipes or healthy foods to share that will make this easier?
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #75  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well girls, I did it! I did Insanity today! I haven't done an Insanity workout since the 9th November. That's 2 and half weeks with NO EXERCISE! I still am astonished I managed to lose a pound in that time frame and maintain 163 lbs, as well as lose 1 inch off my stomach (I mean, seriously, what the h3ll?!). I was super close to not doing it, to just curling up in bed and taking a nap. Then I said to myself "You're not a quitter, you're halfway to your goal so just get up and do it!" I then played some ultimate cheesy 80s motivation (montage) music and got ready then I did it!!

It wasn't great, I ended up coughing a LOT since I think my asthma is playing up because of the cold weather. I skipped some of the push ups (I was running a bit behind on time you see) but I did most of the cardio including awful power jumps (jumping high in the air, bringing your knees as high up as possible, giving your knees a slap with your hands and landing) and now I feel super happy. It's the fact that I got over my slump barrier and just did it no matter how well it went. I updated Fitocracy for the first time in weeks, I'm going to update my exercise post and yeah - I just want to GET BACK ON IT!!

Tomorrow I've got a packed day so I'll have to take the rest day early, but Wednesday I have no excuse and after that I'm off for 2 weeks so I can concentrate on my weight loss.

namaste - I can imagine Macy's would be a NIGHTMARE on sale day. Whenever I visit the UK I love going to Macy's, it's all affordable and there's so much stuff to look at. You're lucky you don't have to deal with customers too much, retail shoppers can be a nightmare!!

Jamie - Welcome back! Just drink lots of water, your weight gain could be water retention from all the food you ate with sodium in it. I'm sure you'll lose it in no time. I'm not much of a healthy eater, food isn't too much of a downfall it's just consistency with exercise, so I wish you all the luck!