Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Stalling & Spot the Difference (Progress Pic)

Hey ladies!

Recently I've been stalling in my weight loss. The excuses are my dog passing away, looking after the house/pets on my own while the parents have been away, working the hectic Breaking Dawn week, being tired from work etc. So I wanted to find that excitement about exercise and weight loss in general again. I have felt it disappear recently but this time unlike the previous attempts at losing weight I know what the signs are and I can't give up now.

My bedroom wall is covered in pictures of me and my friends from all stages of my life, so it's always quite interesting to see my weight rise and fall over the span of 11 years! They're all in order from date, so at the bottom are some of the pictures of me from my highest weight. One of them being this one from my graduation (I'm the one in the red dress)

[Picture Removed]

To me, I look huge. My face is noticeable large and my boobage is ginormous not to mention the bulge in my stomach! It's not quite visible but from the other pictures from that day it's most definitely there!

So I decided to try that dress on again, because I haven't worn it since that day, to see if there is any difference:

[Picture Removed]

I see some big change, and the confidence I have in that fact is really invigorating. Usually I would have so much bad to say about my body, but comparing the two pictures I can only think "wow, look how different I look now."

Edit
Figured I would put up another picture! The one on the left was me at a zoo that I went to with my family and boyfriend. That day my Mum had said to be quietly that she could see my boobs coming out of my bra. I was mortified and really annoyed that she told me that in a public place, but she was right - I was really big! I was around 200 lbs on the left picture, and the one on the right is me today at 163 lbs, halfway to my goal!

[Picture Removed]

I think the biggest difference I see is in my face! And I don't think my boobs hang over my newly fitted bra now I'm 4 inches down ;p

I've been lacking some serious motivation recently to exercise so I really want to step it up when I get my 2 days off tomorrow and Friday. I want to keep getting results and reach my goal, I'm just past the halfway mark and I can't stop now and get complacent - I've got to keep fighting for it.

Sorry to make a whole new thread to rant about this, but I just wanted to share my results with you all and maybe encourage anyone else to look at that one picture where you realised how big you were and try and take a picture with the same outfit on!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-08-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow! Amazing progress! Congratulations!

I totally agree pictures have been a HUGE motivator because you can't always see your weight loss in yourself.

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-23-2011 at 09:18 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #3  
A broad on a mission

S/C/G: sz20/14/8

Height: 5' 4.5"

You look fantastic!! Congrats on your loss so far. Go get em girl! You're on the 'downhill' part of the journey. I just passed the halfway mark as well. Now I think to myself that the "hard part" is over Red is a GREAT color on you, btw!
aBroadAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

There is a very noticeable difference between the two pictures! You have been so successful so far, way to go! As for how to get the excitement going again... It's not so easy for me, but what seems to work is being really strict for a few days and in just those few days I will feel so much better again. Having put in 100%, not 75% or 50% or even 99%, that I can keep going at 100%. During those first transition days I just keep telling myself I'll feel better, I'll feel better, I'll feel better! And sure enough I do! The holidays do not make it easy, it's a challenging time of the year but you will have to face these challenges every year. Keep in mind the big picture and keep up the awesome work!!!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

wow!~ i can really see a difference!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

You look AMAZING! I wish I looked like you! Keep up the great work!
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/141.4/140

Height: 5'7"

You're looking great! I love doing this too! I try on my old dresses all the time and compare myself to old pictures. It's such a great feeling to be able to see proof of my progress! I think I'll go try on my dress from graduation right now!
RebaRamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Thanks for all your comments guys! They're really sweet and made me feel amazing =).

Bikini Ready - You're completely right about just forcing it, some days when I've just been like "MEEEEH" I've thought "you know I'll feel so much better later" and sure enough I'm right! Sometimes it is just about faking enthusiasm and motivation to actually get the real stuff flowing!

Reba - You should post pics!! =D
Old 11-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

There's definitely a huge difference, congrats!

I've had a bad month too. Add to that that I just got some bad news on the exercise front and I've been in a funk. It's hard to get out of them but I like your idea of trying on old clothes and taking pictures. I have this dress that I keep meaning to take into the seamstress to get taken in and maybe that will help give me the motivation I need to not turn to food at the moment.

Good luck! Keep up the great work!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #10  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Girl, you are looking fantastic! So healthy!
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #11  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

You truly do look incredible! Holy crap, I am taken back by the change in your body! Fan - freaking- tastic! You go girl!
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

You look AMAZING! It's so awesome you kept the dress so you're able to try it on and make comparisons. Just wait til next time you try it on and it's falling off of you!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #13  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I think you look Fabulous Riestrella! I wish I had the guts to wear a dress like that. I think the thing I'm most self conscious about is my arms. I'm back up to my highest weight now and would NEVER wear something like that....but even at 180 pounds (20 overweight, 30 from goal) I wouldn't have worn it. I always feel like my arms are huge. Right now, they really are....but even at 180....idk. I just wish I had the guts to wear that dress cause it's gorgeous.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #14  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Thanks for all your amazing, supportive and touching comments! My jaw actually dropped reading them!!

runningfrom you should definitely dig out those old clothes! I think I'm going to keep a few outfits that I wore in my heaviest days so I can make an epic before/after photo collection! Divine don't worry about your arms! Mine were pretty big in that photo, I've always had chubby arms that just flatten out like pancakes! Perhaps do some weight work to help tone them up? Anything to get your confidence in them! You can most definitely rock a dress like that if I tried to at 200 lbs!!
Old 11-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #15  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

You look amazing BIG difference. That dress it gorgeous
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote