Old 08-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Having an intense sugar craving right now!

Hi guys...
I've been off plan for about two weeks. It was my birthday...and to be honest I wanted a break. I took up my new lifestyle in Jan/Feb and have been losing slowly. Over the last two weeks, off plan, I haven't gained anything so I'm happy about that. I decided last night it's time to get back to healthy and it's been going fine today until right now...I'm having the craziest sugar craving ever. I'm talking intense. Thank god there are no sweets in the house right now. I did try to go across the street to my corner market to pick up a box of brownie mix to make those "black bean brownies" but the brownies they had in stock were expired. I'm pretty sure this is the universe's way of telling me I don't need them

Anyway...what do you all do when the cravings hit? I think I'm going to drink a lot of water and knit until I can go to bed in another hour. Just kind of weird for me how intense I want this right now.

**Side note....I take cinnamon supplements and that seems to work wonders with the cravings and I did skip yesterday...that and I am on the last day of my TOM and cravings tend to be ridiculous throughout and this month really hasn't been until about 15 minutes ago.
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

I think finding a diversion ( knitting) and hitting the sack are both great options! Hopefully this worked out for you!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

water always helps me and also Cinnamon Chromium pills (you can search 3FC for a thread on these; from Walmart)... they seem to help if you take one right when you are craving and they work to stabilize your blood sugar so you can more choose a healthier snack in a more level-headed manner - works for me!
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote