Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-08-2004, 08:27 PM   #1  

Default Where has everyone gone that just had wls??

Hi all...

Just curious where everyone is and how everyone is doing?? Its been really quiet on here. I feel funny starting a thread, never did this before. But inquiring minds want to know!

I just went for my 3 month check up and have lost 75 lbs since my surgery! With the 30 lbs I lost before I am down 105 lbs! That just amazes me, never been able to lose weight before. This is strange, but great. Still have a lot to go, but I finally have some hope of being "normal" someday.

So now its your turn to come out of hiding and fill me/us in please! Pookie?? P-38?? and everyone else??!! Come out, come out, where ever you are.....
mistyseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW Congratulations on your weight loss !!! Way To GO !! Is everything going okay since the surgery ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:34 PM   #3  

Thanks Leene! Yes, everything seems to be ok, its hard mentally at times, but I am feeling better everyday and the dr said all my blood levels were great to keep up the good work. Not used to hearing that from drs either, lol.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thats great news. I don't know why this site is so slow lately or where everyone is? It seems like all the boards are slow, very unusual
Old 10-10-2004, 08:42 PM   #5  

Pookster, Pookster, Pookster.....see me shaking my finger at you? I bet you are doing just fine. By the by, how many times are you jumping on the scale a day?

Listen, toots, part of the reason that you are losing slowly is cause you already lost 60 freakin pounds.

come to think of it...I sort of woke up from surgery and thought I should be thin. How come it doesn't happen that way? Patience, it will come off.

With all that gobble dee gook said: I am a slow loser too. It took me a year to lose 100 pounds. I'm happy with where I am now but another 20 or so would be nice.

Don't get discouraged little peep. It will all come together. Don't worry about your lack of weight loss the past few days. Your body has been through the ringer and needs time to adjust and re group and figure out what the heck is going on with it.

hugs and all that good stuff,
peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Pookie, I wish you the best and would say don't get discouraged. The one thing that reading stories of weight loss from different people has taught me that everyone loses weight at different rates and it takes different methods for people to lose weight. I'm sure you wouldn't have got the WLS if you were the fastest at losing weight.

I know it is funny that everytime I see a commercial for something new that looks good, I think "damn why couldn't they have invented that BEFORE I was trying to lose weight"

Also, I am kind of annoyed at the moment that my arms aren't getting much smaller, I lost 3 inches on them in the beginning but nothing for the past couple months. My legs, hips and waist are going down but also my shoe size has gone down, my ankles, wrists, neck and face have gotten smaller. I know it'll happen though and don't you worry, you'll lose in those prime spots soon enough.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:22 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Pookie, we are a support board. Thru the good times and bad. Even thought I don't consider 60 lbs bad. Peachie is right, your body prob needs time to catch up. 60 lbs is FANTASTIC!!!!! Please don't compair yourself to others, that in itself will do you under.

Please, everyone, post post post !!! how else can we give eachother motivation if we don't.

Hugs and Kisses to you lovely lady.

Leenie
Old 10-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #8  

Way to go Misty... I have just been busy doing nothing. I have lost 90 pounds in 3 1/2 months as well. It is REALLY amazing. I do have two questions but will start a new thread.

Keep up the good work.
P-38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #9  

Thanks P-38, you too!!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

sorry to have been un-around recently. work has been busy..

darlins... this is NOT a forum intended to discourage or encourage people to have WLS. it's about US. what we're doing, how we're feeling, what's going wrong, what's going right. it's REALITY. for all of us.

and the lurkers will get whatever they get out of it, but it's REAL important - essential - in fact, that we are honest around here about what's going on.

this is life. OUR lives.

soooo. post the good, the bad, the indifferent...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #11  

Hi Pookie, Misty, P38, Jiffy, and Everyone!

Thanks for starting this thread....I was glad to read the update on Pookie and what's going on. Gives me an idea of what to look forward to. And here's a thought Pookie, granted might not be true, but a slower weight loss will help your skin adjust more....might help limit the sag factor. (Just call me Pollyanna looking for a silver lining).

Me? I had the intake meeting with the surg and now have the list of tests to do. My primary is giving me trouble on them and I'm not sure why. Don't think he should have trouble with my insurance company but I'm not going to get bummed about it. Just have to keep going in to see him until I get all the tests done. Still on the fence and giving the surg. a lot of thought. Opted to pay for a psych eval and nutrition consult through a weight management program at a local hospital. Insurance won't cover it...thought it'd be a wise investment to see someone who knew what the surg. intailed etc. then to save the money and just go to an in network nutritionist and psychologist. Hope it's worth the extra money....

Hope everyone is doing great. If you have any urges for McD's you should rent the documentary "Supersize Me". It was kind of funny but after watching it it's helped curve the urges for Happy Meals. He makes a good point about how all that food is engineered to look and taste good.

Deb
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:37 AM   #12  

Red face

Hello!!
It has been a long time since I have posted but I visit this site a few times a week to see what is going on. I guess I have never been too good at keeping in touch....
I will celebrate my one year anniversary of WLS (rouxny) on October 18th.
I have lost 80lbs in the past year, going from 270 lbs to about 190 lbs but this flactuates by a couple of pounds. I have really really been struggling since the beginning of the summer to get below 190 lbs. but it just hasn't happened
I will admit that I kind of slacked off working out in Mid July but have been back at it since the beginning of September. I know that I have lost inches but still no weight. I do have insulin resistance and the doctor thinks this may be my problem but I haven't been taking any meds for it. Any advice here would be helpful. I did have a fasting blood sugar test today so maybe that will shed some light on what is happening.
As I said I have been working out at a gym for women and I love it They even hired me to work a couple of shifts week. I get a free membership, paid hourly and a small commission for any memberships I sell. Plus the gals are great and I always work out during my shifts.
I am really really glad the I had the surgery, no regrets there.
So I apologise for not keeping in touch.
Thank you to everyone for this great site!!!!!!!!
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 02:16 PM   #13  

Congrads on breaking through your plateau, Pookie ! Can't wait to see the new pic!
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #14  

Gosh Pookie! I think you are doing great! I've only lost 38 pounds and we had our surgery on the same day. I had a slow time too where I didn't loose anything over 3 weeks, but recently started loosing a little again.

As for me. I haven't been around because I had a complication. The place where they reconnected my tiny stomach nearly closed up. It's suppose to be 10mm, and mine closed to 2mm I was throwing up everything. They did two gastroscopies to dialate it. I didn't have to have surgery (thank goodness), but I was very sick and weak (so weak that just walking accoss my living room caused me to pass out). I got really dehydrated and had to have IV's. It took me a while to get over it. I'm just now feeling like a normal human being again. I didn't think I was ever going to feel good again. I'm not sure why I didn't loose more weight because of it. My feeling is that my body went into a starvation/conservation mode or something. My husband was so worried that he took time off from work to take care of me. He never misses work. He didn't leave me alone. He even was waking me up several times a night to make sure that I was okay. I am blessed! I don't know what I would have done without him.

I'm happy that I have lost some weight, and am able to wear some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in quite some time. But, a little bummed that it's going so slowly. And while I was sick, I even got to the point where I was really regreting having it done. But, not anymore. I'm really glad I had the surgery now, even with the problems that I had.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:33 AM   #15  

Hi Pookie
and everyone else, finally got done replacing my computer! No crashes just updating it to be faster ect. Took me weeks to move all my files and set it all up. Just wanted you to all know I've been lurking a few days, and finally asked for a new password so I could join in.
Ditzy Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote