Old 07-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 239/159.6/130

Height: 5'2"

congrats on coming back and good luck. i do understand on having to lose a person. i have a bout 84lbs left to go to reach my goal. but we can do it as long as we keep working at it.
shelley3650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #47  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Talking

tuende - It's amazing at the crap that gets proicessed, wrapped in a shiny wrapper and sold as "food"...and we actually EAT it! i can't wait to get away from it all.
Wonderslim is like Medifast, but cheaper and from what i hear much tastier. I won't have an "official" start date until I have my products here, but I'm deff hoping to be at least started by the end of this month. I've heard mixed reviews on how long it takes from order the kits to how long it takes to get to the door. And I like to make sure I reply to everyone that writes hehe

shelley - yes we sure can do it girl! Keep it movin'.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #48  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I can't say ther is really anything I just had to eat before I started. I woke up one day, made the decision to change my life, and never looked back
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsModelSara View Post
Northern Belle - yes girl! I had lost about 18 lbs and was super close to Onderland a few months ago, and did the same thing. I got too comfortable with how easily it was coming off and slowly slid into having more off plan 'treats" and eventually gave up trying -_-. smh. But what matters is we are all back here and ready to get moving again. Welcome!
Isn't it crazy how that happens? The weird thing about it is that it wasn't even on purpose; it was entirely subconscious! One minute I'm congratulating myself on staying motivated and on-plan, and as the days pass, my pants are fitting a little tighter and my muffin top is getting a little bit harder to conceal. Thank goodness for SPANX is all I have to say, lol. But yeah, we don't have to be perfect; as long as we're willing to dust ourselves off and try again anytime we slip up!

Hmm...something I wanted to eat before I started my journey...This is going to sound really weird, but I really wanted to pig out on birthday cake, lol. There's nothing like a nice, store bought, buttercream birthday cake. I'm not completely cutting it out because I'm going for a sustainable diet that I can stick to for a lifetime, so I'm calorie counting and eating in moderation. I actually rarely eat birthday cake, but I'm learning that when I do eat it, I can be satisfied with a modestly-sized slice, rather than a slice that's nearly the same size as the birthday cake itself, lol.

Phew! I tried Pilates for the first time the other day and today my body feels like it's been put through the spin cycle in a washing machine. It hurts so bad, but I'm gonna stick with it because of the benefits! What's everyone else's plan for exercise?

Last edited by Northern Belle; 07-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 260/243.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

To be honest I've been craving fries and a big burger. I haven't had one in a long time. Unfortunately fries just like to sit in your body for pretty long time and it's just oil and potatoes not exactly healthy. Oh and a fudge brownie!
I eat a lot of fruits but never seem to eat veggies so if I knew a way to get those in I'd probably be healthier than I am now.

@Northern Belle- Pilates sounds so awesome. I've wanted to try, but they looked a little difficult for me to do right now. Congrats on getting your workout!
lovelymuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #51  
Losin' it

kittykat - I suppose that would be a great way to go! :-) I'm really glad it's working for you.

Northern Belle - aaahhhh birthday cake *drool* lol. I remember when I discovered Coldstone Creamery it was like heaven! They have birthday cake ice cream and I would always get that and have yellow cake, sprinkles and chocolate sauce mixed in.....YUMMY!!!! That's great you are allowing stuff in moderation that you crave. I won't be able to do that :-( I really need to get my eating under control and not slip up. Being I am not supposed to be eating any form of gluten or dairy and all. Once I get a handle on not having that stuff...I'll learn how to bake with gluten free goods and start making treats like cookies and cake and such. But I don't trust myself to not slip up and go back to the regular versions lol. I have had some gluten free baked goods...as of right now: they are nowhere near as tasy. But I'm sure that's just because my taste buds are poisoned from years and years of eating stuff that isn't good for me. *shrug* I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

Congrats on doing the Pilates! I bet you got anice burn out of it. I plan on getting back in to doing Insanity. I did a whole week of it (months ago) and felt incredible empowered, and then I just got lazy. smh. I should have stuck with it and forced myself, but I just didn't have the energy. This was before I had my thyroid meds upped. I am feeling a bit spunkier the past 2 weeks or so which is a good sign, so I am planning on starting to work out again once I get the diet part down pat and see how my energy changes after I am eating differently. I also have Brazil Butt Lift which I'll probably alternate in there as well...maybe some Zumba. I have a whole fitness library at home...I really need to start using it!

lovelymuse - I love a good burger!!! They have the best burger place here in Richmond. I'll probably still go there once in awhile as a treat and just omit the bread and cheese and stay away from the oh so tasty tater tots lol!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #52  

Im trying to lose an olsen twin! lol but really you can do it! I have 25lbs left to hit 100lbs.. i can taste it! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! n never give up, even on the days you eat crappy!
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #53  
Losin' it

Thumbs up

I was rollin' on that Olsen twin crack hahahahaha awesome! Congrats on coming so far, you are doing so great!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsModelSara View Post
I was rollin' on that Olsen twin crack hahahahaha awesome! Congrats on coming so far, you are doing so great!!
teeeeheee! , thanks its been a tough road, to 255lbs to 179.5 (weight myself this morning EKK!!)

Its hard finding positive people that wont bring you down, or are jealous n so on. . Luckily I have the best husband n family ever.

You are beautiful on your profile pic get it girl! lol
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 254.8 / 210.2 / 135.0

Height: 5'2

How'd I miss this thread? Hi, Sara! Welcome to the board. I'm 20 pounds into losing 119 pounds. 3FC has been a great source of motivation and support for me since I started my journey. I've also found some great challenges here to keep me motivated. Good luck on your journey!

lovelymuse, I understand. I haven't had a fast food/restaurant made burger since the end of April. But for some reason, I'm really craving chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A and their barbecue sauce lately. It's terrible lol.

Last edited by jumelle; 07-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.
jumelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #56  
Losin' it

Thumbs up

LA85 - I've found that when people are cruel and unsupportive it's because they resent the fact that you are able to control yourself and make a change and they lack that control, so they take their own displeasure with themself out on you. It's the sad truth. You don't need anyone like that in your life, so kick them all to the curb! It's great that your family is so supportive, that has to help a ton!

Thank you for the compliment! I *used to* model for fun. I love getting in front of the camera. I put it on hold since I gained so much weight :-( But I plan on getting back in to it once I get some weight off for sure!! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/744639/viewall If you're interested in seeing my former fly self :-D hehe

jumelle - I'm not sure...how DID you miss us? :-D CONGRATS onlosing that 20 lbs!!!! YAYYYYYYY I'm good at motivating, so when you need it, I'm here
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 368/336/165

I'm trying to lose an obese person. I started out at 368 and I want to get down to 165. That's 203 pounds. Le sigh. But I have lost 24 pounds thus far so now it's only like 179. It's comforting to see that there are more 20 somethings who are in the same boat as me.
iHeartU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #58  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Love this post!! Youre going to do great I need help staying motivated too so if you ever need a buddy shoot me a message I have well over 100lbs to go! Im the same as you i joined a while ago but just started actually using the site Im 21 251 right now and my goal is 150 but real goal would be 125
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

lovelymuse - Oh, let's be clear - I made sure it was beginner's Pilate's lol. It's challenging at times like a workout should be, but it's very doable. The only thing I really struggled with was lunges, which I've always hated. (My legs always feel like they're going to collapse, lol). You can find plenty of beginner's routines for Pilates if you really want to try it out, then work your way up from there.

I also struggle to get vegetables in because there are very few vegetables that I can tolerate the taste of. I do love spinach, greens, and corn, though. I've heard that one of the best ways to get vegetables in is to add leafy greens to your smoothies. I love making fruit smoothies, so that would be great for me. You can make the smoothies so that you can't even taste the vegetables.

Sara - I actually think that's the best way to go because ultimately you'll find yourself losing weight a lot quicker, plus you'll be much healthier. For now, calorie counting is the best option for me, but I do hope to eventually start making gradual radical changes to my diet. The healthier food definitely takes some getting used to when you're so used to everything being super sweet and salty.

Oh yeah, I'm still in pain from the Pilates, but it makes me want to keep going because I'm feeling it in all the right areas: waist, thighs, tummy, and booty lol. That Insanity workout looks crazy and I have to congratulate you for even doing a week of it, especially with your thyroid issue! I actually have it, but I was worried about injuring myself or something, so I haven't even tried it.

That's good that you're trying to get back into working out. If workouts like Insanity are too much, you could always start out with some lower impact workouts, then work your way up. I love Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home DVDs. You definitely work up a sweat, but it isn't overwhelming. Oh, and those pictures are amazing, but you're still fly girl!

iHeartU - Wow, congrats on losing that 24 pounds! Yup, we all have quite a ways to go, but every bit helps!
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #60  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

See now ya'll had to start talking about birthday cake and someone brought a delicious chocolate one with buttercream icing into work today! It took every ounce of will power I have to not devour the entire thing! Admittedly I did have 3 small bites, but I am ok with that. I was able to cure my craving without overindulging.
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote