Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #106  
Junior Member
 
dlp22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 248/ticker/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

MsModelSara: I have about 100 lbs. to lose, so I am definitely with you. I don't know how good of a cheerleader I am, but I will say that you are certainly a good motivation (along with everyone else). Thanks for posting and hopefully I'll have some motivational things to add in the not-too-distant-future.
dlp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #107  
The Awesomeness!
 
KittyKat1465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 278

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Default

Welcome to all the newcomers! Well I am still at 28lbs down. Today I had a pretty awesome NSV. I went to meet my new trainer Saturday morning and asked him when the gym was the most deserted in the evening and he told me most people cleared out by 7:30pm. So I show up at 7:30 planning on a nice secluded jiggling session on the treadmill and the parking lot is packed. I almost kept driving, but I parked and sat with my car on making every excuse not to get out of the car and go in there. I had to yell at myself to get my lazy a** out of the car and get inside that gym. And I did it! Exercising in front of other people has always been one of my biggest fears since I got heavy.
KittyKat1465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #108  
Junior Member
 
dlp22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 248/ticker/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1465 View Post
Welcome to all the newcomers! Well I am still at 28lbs down. Today I had a pretty awesome NSV. I went to meet my new trainer Saturday morning and asked him when the gym was the most deserted in the evening and he told me most people cleared out by 7:30pm. So I show up at 7:30 planning on a nice secluded jiggling session on the treadmill and the parking lot is packed. I almost kept driving, but I parked and sat with my car on making every excuse not to get out of the car and go in there. I had to yell at myself to get my lazy a** out of the car and get inside that gym. And I did it! Exercising in front of other people has always been one of my biggest fears since I got heavy.
Yeah, I know what you are saying (except the "NSV" part...what does that stand for?). I will be joining a new YMCA near my school in September (that apparently has a TON of members) and I was hoping to have already lost some weight by that time, but it probably won't be much, and I know I will be uncomfortable (not to mention a sweaty mess for my classes afterward, since I will be working out on my breaks), but I will be making myself go, just like you. I know I will always be my biggest obstacle in this journey.

Congrats on overcoming yourself. (does that make sense?)
dlp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #109  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp22 View Post
MsModelSara: I have about 100 lbs. to lose, so I am definitely with you. I don't know how good of a cheerleader I am, but I will say that you are certainly a good motivation (along with everyone else). Thanks for posting and hopefully I'll have some motivational things to add in the not-too-distant-future.

Welcome!!!! You found the right place to share your victorious (and not so victorious) moments. I'm sure you will be able to add plenty of motivational things, and soon. I look forward to reading about your successes!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1465 View Post
Welcome to all the newcomers! Well I am still at 28lbs down. Today I had a pretty awesome NSV. I went to meet my new trainer Saturday morning and asked him when the gym was the most deserted in the evening and he told me most people cleared out by 7:30pm. So I show up at 7:30 planning on a nice secluded jiggling session on the treadmill and the parking lot is packed. I almost kept driving, but I parked and sat with my car on making every excuse not to get out of the car and go in there. I had to yell at myself to get my lazy a** out of the car and get inside that gym. And I did it! Exercising in front of other people has always been one of my biggest fears since I got heavy.
Congrats!! That is amazing! I have to agree with you, since I've gained so much I am afraid to go in a gym as well to work out. I'm too worried about what other people are thinking. i know I shouldn't be, but I am, so I workout at home or go for walks...when I do -_-. But way to go on your NSV girl *high five* !!
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 PM   #110  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp22 View Post
except the "NSV" part...what does that stand for?
NSV = non-scale victory. Meaning anything you feel you conquered, for instance: exercising in front of other people when it terrifies you! Way to gooooo!!!! :-D
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #111  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrneydGrl View Post

On another note, how do I add a pic and a ticker to my profile. Sorry, new to this.
No problem, and we all have question now and then so no worries!

Go to http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php
Click on the weight loss link. Then select a background for your ticker and click next, then do the same for your slider, put in the information for the configuration portion, once you are finished the bbcode portion is what you paste into your signature. If you have any other questions let me or anyone else know. Someone will be able to help. :-)
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #112  
Rockstar
 
BrneydGrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 9

S/C/G: 192.6/190/130

Height: 5'2

Default

Thanks! I figured it out but am unable to add it since I can't have a signature just yet. I guess I'll have to wait. No biggie, when I am able to add it hopefully I'll be 10lbs or so down!!! Well that's my goal at least.
BrneydGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #113  
Being Me-Inside and Out
 
sheramama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 771

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

I had a little NSV today: I was talking to the kids and my guy kept staring at me. (Now we've been together for 12 yrs-through thick, thin, and well FAT-me only). I finally blurted, "What?!" He cocked his head to the side and said, "You're really getting skinny." Then my daughter smiles and says, "Mommy, I told you." That made me feel so good. He NEVER compliments. Usually, it's the opposite. I am no where near skinny and won't be for like another 100+pound loss, but it was nice just the same.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #114  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default

You're welcome BrneydGrl. :-)

Awwwwwwww!!!!!! sheramama - that is SO sweet! That had to have made..your whole month! <3 Keep up the great work girl.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #115  
Senior Member
 
SugarRomeoTango4852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northeastern, PA
Posts: 322

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Default

I am going to jump into this thread with a splash since I am trying to lose a person (between 100 - 120 lbs). I am not sure what size clothes I am in because I have refused to buy anything for a while (hoping it would motivate me to lose weight...it didn't. >_<) but I was initially in 22s. They are now kinda baggy on me but I don't think enough to go down a size.

Question: What motivates all of you to lose weight and stay on track? I seem to be having the hardest time finding lasting motivation. I know I want to be healthy and look good...but finding things to reward myself (or make me feel less lonely) with that out do food is killing me.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #116  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4852 View Post
Question: What motivates all of you to lose weight and stay on track? I seem to be having the hardest time finding lasting motivation. I know I want to be healthy and look good...but finding things to reward myself (or make me feel less lonely) with that out do food is killing me.
Hey there srt4852! Welcome! I can say one thing that is motivating me is that I feel like my life is depedning on it. If I don't get healthy while I'm still young and resilient I'm almost certain that nothing but ailments and more meds are in my future. I've let myself get to a point where I keep being pressured to go on BP and cholesterol lowering medications, I have to catch my breath after walking up a lfight of stairs, it's getting rediculous trying to tie my shoes, not to mention I hate looking at myself in the mirror! I'd also love to have a family someday, and being as overweight as I am I don't think I'd even be able to get pregnant as I have an autoimmune condition where some are even infertile...so I'm sure the weight would just make it harder to even try conceiving.

As for rewards - I haven't officially started yet, but I already have a slew of ideas that aren't related to food items to choose from! :-D Feel free to use any of my suggestions for yourself (my goals/rewards may get switched around or changed, but here's an idea):
10 lbs: pedicure
20 lbs: manicure
Onderland: facial
40 lbs: looking for ideas
50 lbs: maybe a mini splurge at Sephora {I LOVE makeup!!}
60 lbs: need an idea
70 lbs: professional keratin hair treatment
80 lbs: new hair cut/style
Goal: vacation
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #117  
Junior Member
 
dlp22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 248/ticker/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsModelSara View Post
Hey there srt4852! Welcome! I can say one thing that is motivating me is that I feel like my life is depedning on it. If I don't get healthy while I'm still young and resilient I'm almost certain that nothing but ailments and more meds are in my future. I've let myself get to a point where I keep being pressured to go on BP and cholesterol lowering medications, I have to catch my breath after walking up a lfight of stairs, it's getting rediculous trying to tie my shoes, not to mention I hate looking at myself in the mirror! I'd also love to have a family someday, and being as overweight as I am I don't think I'd even be able to get pregnant as I have an autoimmune condition where some are even infertile...so I'm sure the weight would just make it harder to even try conceiving.

As for rewards - I haven't officially started yet, but I already have a slew of ideas that aren't related to food items to choose from! :-D Feel free to use any of my suggestions for yourself (my goals/rewards may get switched around or changed, but here's an idea):
10 lbs: pedicure
20 lbs: manicure
Onderland: facial
40 lbs: looking for ideas
50 lbs: maybe a mini splurge at Sephora {I LOVE makeup!!}
60 lbs: need an idea
70 lbs: professional keratin hair treatment
80 lbs: new hair cut/style
Goal: vacation
Amen.

I haven't set out rewards yet. Most of mine will probably have to do with buying cute clothing or shoes that I fantasize about wearing all the time, but am too big to even think of buying right now (I am so getting a pair of knee-high boots once my calves are small enough to fit into them). I was also thinking along the line of a new hairstyle or color.

And another one will definitely be a full-body massage with the works (i.e. aromatherapy, hot stone, or who knows what else), but that probably won't be until I am at least halfway to my goal.
dlp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #118  
Being Me-Inside and Out
 
sheramama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 771

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default

How about a new bag and some hot shoes? Those always made me feel good
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #119  
Senior Member
 
SugarRomeoTango4852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northeastern, PA
Posts: 322

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

Default

Actually, I have just found a really great site that I think my be WAY better with helping me find my motivation for weight loss. After reading even just the first page of this I have found out what my major issues has been. I have always been trying to find motivation that leads me "towards pleasure" but my problem is I can find pleasure in how I am now. I am think once I sit down and think about it I will be WAY more motivated by things that move me "away from pain". Not that it would be good to have pleasurable rewards (like an end vacation as a reward or a major spa day at Onderlander!) sometimes but they won't force me to wake up in the morning! The idea of losing out on opportunities because I am overweight will do more for me.

If anyone else is struggling check it out and let me know what you think! I haven't read the entire thing yet but it seems logical to me.

http://www.peertrainer.com/diet/how_...ose_weight.htm


On another note: I had a kind of NSV at the store today. I always shop in the "woman's" section of stores because I assume nothing in the other sections will fit. My cousin showed me that I was wrong in Kohls and that I fit in the XL of Ladies. I was vibrating with happiness. I know I didn't used to fit into them and it never occurred to me that the weight I lost a few months ago was enough to tip me into that section of clothing. However, seeing how I looked in some of the stuff has re affirmed by want to be able to wear pretty clothes and walk into a section with smaller clothes and not feel like a leaper. Anyone else had something like this happen?
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #120  
Losin' it
Thread Starter
 
MsModelSara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 128

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlp22 View Post
Amen.

I haven't set out rewards yet. Most of mine will probably have to do with buying cute clothing or shoes that I fantasize about wearing all the time, but am too big to even think of buying right now (I am so getting a pair of knee-high boots once my calves are small enough to fit into them). I was also thinking along the line of a new hairstyle or color.

And another one will definitely be a full-body massage with the works (i.e. aromatherapy, hot stone, or who knows what else), but that probably won't be until I am at least halfway to my goal.
I hear you there! I have 2 pairs of just below the knee boots that I can't wear anymore and I'm really looking forward to being able to wear them again. Most of my high heels don't fit me anymore because my feet have even gotten fat :-(. How depressing is that?!?!?! Ugh! A full body massage would me great huh? I'm planning on finding a vacation package that includes at least one massage at the resort, so that's the only reason it isn't on my list! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheramama View Post
How about a new bag and some hot shoes? Those always made me feel good
Great ideas, thank you! I might go with a new bag for 40 lbs and new shoes at 60 lbs lost. :-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
Actually, I have just found a really great site that I think my be WAY better with helping me find my motivation for weight loss. After reading even just the first page of this I have found out what my major issues has been. I have always been trying to find motivation that leads me "towards pleasure" but my problem is I can find pleasure in how I am now. I am think once I sit down and think about it I will be WAY more motivated by things that move me "away from pain". Not that it would be good to have pleasurable rewards (like an end vacation as a reward or a major spa day at Onderlander!) sometimes but they won't force me to wake up in the morning! The idea of losing out on opportunities because I am overweight will do more for me.

If anyone else is struggling check it out and let me know what you think! I haven't read the entire thing yet but it seems logical to me.

http://www.peertrainer.com/diet/how_...ose_weight.htm


On another note: I had a kind of NSV at the store today. I always shop in the "woman's" section of stores because I assume nothing in the other sections will fit. My cousin showed me that I was wrong in Kohls and that I fit in the XL of Ladies. I was vibrating with happiness. I know I didn't used to fit into them and it never occurred to me that the weight I lost a few months ago was enough to tip me into that section of clothing. However, seeing how I looked in some of the stuff has re affirmed by want to be able to wear pretty clothes and walk into a section with smaller clothes and not feel like a leaper. Anyone else had something like this happen?
That's great that you found something to get excited about! :-) That article is pretty amazing. I feel like Toward's Pleasure works for me as I don't have anything too painful to get away from really. I'm an eternal optimist. Even when things are bad, I always turn the coin and look only toward the positives. I've had too much pain and negative in my life that I got tired of focusing on any of it and changed my whole outlook onlife within the past 2 years. Despite wanting to get away from my health concerns and being a fatty, I don't really see it as getting away from anything. *shrug* maybe I'm just off? lol!

But I'm really glad that's what might work for you, take it and run with it!!! We all need to find what works for us and go with it.
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for anyone else trying to lose 35-40 lbs BEACHBABE31 Introductions 45 02-09-2012 05:39 PM
What to do when a significant other wants you to lose weight too? KateRN Weight Loss Support 101 01-06-2010 10:58 PM
Anyone trying to lose weight AND dealing with perimenopause out there? newinspiration Weight Loss Support 31 06-25-2003 08:45 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.