Old 05-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #1  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

Unhappy Stuck..Sad..Need late night support!!

I do 50 minutes of cardio everyday, sometimes ill add additional weigh training/toning, but always 50 minutes of cardio..

I also measure my food, and eat healthy.

I've been the same weight for a week now... & I don't feel like I could do anymore than i already do..

I got down to 200 about a year ago, but gained 40 back, and now I'm working on getting that off..

Is this muscle weight? I really don't do enough to gain muscle.. except for in my legs really (during my cardio).

Today I ate:
cheese and egg white omelet, with a fiber 100 calorie english muffin
can of progresso light chicken and dumpling soup
15-25 almonds
1 serving chedder Quaker Rice cakes
salad with red pepper italian dressing
chicken breast cooked in olive oil
1/3 cup of wild rice
green beans
broccoli
another salad
60 calorie weight watchers pudding cup

I got on the scale after dinner..BAD IDEA.. I weighed 6 more pounds than I did this morning.. DID I REALLY EAT THAT MUCH????????????? I thought I did good today..

Now I'm sitting here kinda sad.
I texted my boyfriend saying I'm so sick of being grossed..He promptly replied "You're not gross! You're my babydear. Most beautiful thing in the world" It made me feel better..lots..But he went to bed, and now I'm sitting here. Lonely, and sad, and Kinda wanna order a pizza and say f*** it! lol

Help?
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It's not muscle weight. It's not fat. It is water, food, and poop.

Weighing yourself after dinner is like weighing yourself straight out of the shower with wet hair while wearing your towel and a pair of shoes.

Don't stress, don't panic, save the money and calories you'd spend on the pizza, and go to bed. And stop weighing yourself after dinner!

Your boyfriend is not a fool, believe what he says. I hope you feel better tomorrow. Plateaus and "stuck" times are really discouraging; I'm in that place too this week and talking myself out of eating my feelings.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Agree 100% with the not weighing yourself after dinner. That's just asking for trouble! I'm so assiduous about getting a "clean" weigh-in that I all but pluck my eyebrows and shave everything that needs shaving before I weigh.

As for being stuck, I've been stuck for...hmm, is it three weeks now? Something like that. It's disheartening, discouraging, and downright disgusting, isn't it? It's especially frustrating when it feels as though you just can't cut any more or give anything else up without feeling miserable or trapped. I'm at that point now, just a little bit. I freakin' hate my scale so much right now that I approach it each morning with about as much reluctance as I might feel about getting a daily Pap smear. Worse, actually.

I wish I had the answer to that for you and for me. I guess the best answer I can give is to keep on keeping on.

I see from your user info that you have already had amazing success. You've transformed yourself! It's no wonder if your body sometimes needs to take a week or two to catch up to itself.

I hope you feel better and brighter soon.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

just glancing over your food intake, im wondering how many calories you are consuming. are the almonds roasted? 20 raw almonds are 140 cals btw. do you use butter to fry the eggs? is the italian dressing light? how much cheese do you use on the eggs? how much olive oil are you using for the chicken.

my advice, buy the light dressing if you arent using it. weigh and measure everything out! it may look like a teaspoon, but it might be two. count all your calories. every nibble. and drink LOTS of water. i didnt think this was important, until i started and the pounds came off.

also, exercise. i do it 3-4 times a week. on the day after, even if i did aerobics (where my legs hurt) i will retain water and be a little heavier even. so dont beat yourself up. years ago when i was lighter, i was doing the gym everyday, and the scale was budging slowly, but i looked great. i quite the gym and in one week lost like 6 pounds, all muscle i suppose. remember its better to have a tone figure when you lose weight than a flabby one so i dont recommend quiting the exercise.

and most of all, keep posting, and dont quit! you are bettering your life in the long run, weight loss is a process and sometimes losing can be slow. its a life change, not just a diet. and you CAN do it. its up to you.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

When my scale was working (RIP my scale!) I would weigh myself throughout the day for the fun of it. Yes, I could "gain" 6 lbs in one day, easily! Just like what krampus said- clothes, food, etc. Even drinking 750 ml of water could put me up a pound.

As far as not losing weight for several weeks in a row, I agree with an earlier poster that perhaps you are eating more than you think? I know you are measuring your food but are you weighing it? Chicken and cheese are not something you can just eyeball. If you eat a few more almonds than you thought, eyeball the chicken at 30% less than it actually is (which is so easy to do), that can easily be a few hundred calories right there.

When measuring helps me lose weight, I measure. But when I start stalling, I start weighing. Maybe invest in a scale (only $20- roughly the cost of that pizza you were thinking of ordering!) and start being ultra careful about exactly how much you are eating.

It's also possible your sodium is high. The progresso soup likely has several hundred (if not more) g of sodium, and the rice cakes, dressing, etc do as well. If you aren't logging your sodium I'd watch that. It could be 1-2 lbs of water weight your body is holding on to is masking a true weight loss you've experienced recently.

Good luck!!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #6  
Simplicity

S/C/G: 192/ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far. Your doing a great job. What helps me throughout the day in terms if watching what I eat is calorie counting. I had the same problem your having I thought I was eating good but I was going over my alloted calorie intake for the day once I started talking the weight has been falling off. Good Luck
kgsmiles3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #7  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

i agree 100 percent on you really need to be looking at what your eating. last week I didn't understand how i had gained 4 pounds in ONE DAY so I sat there and I added up everything, and I thought i had had a great day.
nope.
went over my calorie intake. and also it could be due in part that I had started running that day and I was probably retaining water.
my advice, for the first week add everything you eat, drink, everything. if it has calories, add it. and you can really see how much your eating.
and drink lots of water. it will make you feel lighter, and the water weight will come right off.
and BIG congrats on the weight you have lost!

Last edited by Mickeypnd; 05-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #8  
*Buttercup*

thanks guys. yeh, I don't generally worry about sodium cuz my doctor thinks my sodium levels are really low..but it could be making me retain water. soups are easy for me, cause i grab em on the way out the door.. i need to put a little more effort into my lunches i bring to work i know=[ any suggestions?

and yeh, i use to be a HUGE calorie counter, I suppose i should get back on that...

thanks for ur advice guys! <3
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #9  

pinkpolkadot - you are doing just fine. I only weigh myself at the end of the day to be able to prove to clients that weight hugely fluctuates during the day. On average, I'm 7 lbs heavier than when I weigh naked 1st thing in the morning (if I even weigh myself at all - I'm not a big fan of the scale).

You are blessed with a seriously sweet bf.

You are hilariously creative with your avitar, too.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
It's also possible your sodium is high. The progresso soup likely has several hundred (if not more) g of sodium, and the rice cakes, dressing, etc do as well. If you aren't logging your sodium I'd watch that. It could be 1-2 lbs of water weight your body is holding on to is masking a true weight loss you've experienced recently.
Good luck!!
I watched my sodium and suddenly 5lbs came off after years of nothing changing. It's worth a shot!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #11  
*Buttercup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
You are blessed with a seriously sweet bf.
He really is. I'm lucky