Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #1  
Dagny

S/C/G: 145/140.8/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Amaniesa...

Sorry- I'm still too new for PMs and I didn't want to hijack the other thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaniesa View Post
I'm great!! Feeling really good about my size right now. I have reached a point where I'm pretty comfortable with my size. I have been just working on getting toned, and I even ran a 6K race in April. It has been a really busy year for me.
I think that's fantastic! I was at that point just a few months ago. I was still in the 130's, but running all the time and really comfortable with my diet/routine. I've never done a 6K before- I've done 5 & 10 though- haven't run since May.

Quote:
I spent two weeks in my hometown of New Orleans and I spent abt 10 days in Morocco. It was awesome. I have 2 courses left to finish my master's and I hope to get them done by end of December.
That sounds great! Were you able to overcome the food temptations from going home? I know food here in the South is always such a big, social thing- and rarely healthy! I've never been to Morocco- but it sounds fun. The most exciting trip I have planned is NJ for 2 weeks, the kids and I leave on Saturday (DH decided not to come with us) I'm jealous of you being so close to your Master's. I keep trying to figure out how to fit going back to school into my schedule but haven't managed it yet.

Quote:
I think you look great. I don't see why you want to lose more, but I wish you success in reaching your health and fitness goals. I have been about the same size since last September. I did see 139 for a moment, LOL. I think my body is comfortable here.

BTW, the kids look cute as usual!
Thanks! I honestly don't know how much weight I will (or even want to) lose- but I figured I needed a goal to get active again. When I have a weight loss goal I work harder. When I decide to stop focusing on weight- I end up not focusing on anything at all! I got too comfy in the 130's and slowly but surely stopped pushing myself until I gained another 10 lbs. More than weight loss- I want some muscle definition, darn it! I want people to stop giving me confused/surprised looks when I say I am a personal trainer- it shouldn't be that hard to believe by looking at me!

Oh, and I think the kids are pretty darn cute, myself. Especially in their running clothes! They are begging me to sign them up for another race- so I guess I should get my butt off the couch again!

~Dagny

Last edited by Mommy in Motion; 07-07-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Mommy in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #2  
flexitarian

S/C/G: 207/142/138

Height: 5'4"

Actually, I surprised myself with how much will power I had while down there. The thing is, I realize now that eating plate of fried greasy seafood will honestly make me feel horrible. I don't mean just mentally, but physically I feel gross, bloated, lethargic. Once I discovered that, it became easier for me to eat the "right" foods. I discovered that most places are willing to grill instead of fry and boiled corn makes a great side, instead of fries.

I have been eating like this since I had DS, and he is almost 2 now. So, when I go to family's houses, I don't even have to ask for anything healthy, they know how I eat, LOL.

In Morocco, I didn't really watch how I ate for two reasons. 1: I walked CONSTANTLY while there. I don't think I have ever walked that much before. We probably walked 2-5 miles per day. 2: the food there is so fresh and prepared pretty healthily. I actually lost weight while there. I went from 144 or so to 140.

I think you should definitely try for a degree. Maybe you can find sometype of online program that can fit into your schedule.

It's so cute that your kids run with you. My DD, who is 4, is in dance class and she is so cute in her leotard and tights.

Having goals is great. I also feel like if I start to get too comfortable I will be overweight again. It is a slippery slope.

Two weeks in NJ should be fun. I love traveling if only for the change of scenery. Will you be staying with family?
amaniesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #3  
Dagny

S/C/G: 145/140.8/115

Height: 5'5"

Way to go with the willpower. Mine is shockingly lacking lately. It doesn't help that none of our friends or family are trying to eat healthy, but I know that's just an excuse I am making.

I'm glad you DD loves her dance classes. I really need to get my own daughter signed up for some- she's 5 now and wants to take dance- I just haven't figured out how to squeeze one more thing into our schedules.
Mommy in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote