Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #1  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Default Weekly Chat April 5-12

Good Morning ladies! I hope your Sunday was beautiful!

How did we all do for Easter to those that celebrate it?

I had a cadbury creme egg. Candy-wise I was fine, but I did enjoy a small piece of carrot cake and a small piece of cheese cake. With the desserts and how much sodium was in the food (even though I had perfect serving size amounts, mostly vegetables, and no seconds!!!!) I'm stuck with 4lbs of water retention today. Beautiful. :|

Yay for water! Hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday the scale will be water retention free!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #2  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Yo, Mary. My sunday was spent doing lots and lots of homework. I also spent an hour at the pool.

I'm getting pretty grumpy at the scale, I'm so tired of seeing 220.5-221.5 every day. Rawr!

Busy, busy day today. Classes and counseling and grocery shopping and picking up my bridesmaid dress...and possibly cleaning my bathroom if I'm not feeling too lazy.

And another thing...I AM SO READY FOR PASSOVER TO BE OVER. I miss bread and pasta and my granola bars...

Last edited by aliquot; 04-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Morning Ladies.

Nothing spectacular to report. I'm at 189.5 on the scale, which is cool because it's still the 180s. I'm just hoping I don't have some random stall out and it takes me 2 months to get out of the 180s like it did the 190s (however, probably a month of that 2 months was not exactly on plan).

Today is a teacher work day so I'm basically fiddling around with little busy work that I've been putting off.

The "Time ****" is here... she's the payroll clerk who LITERALLY writes down whenever Meredith and I walk in and out of work (because she doesnt have enough work to keep her busy?). As soon as she leaves I'm out.

We're supposed to work 8-4 but there's hardly anyone in the building and no one stays the whole day.

What a nice week off!!!!

Now I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for leaving this joint. Contacting HR trying to find out about an extended leave (if that's even possible) so I could come back after my hippie sabbatical if I really needed to. I don't think I will, but it's nice to have options.

Oh, and I'm going to the gym after work - I'd rather go now than later!!!

Have a great day!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Boo Monday.

Easter was fine, we didn't really have any big spread, we just had dinner and I did fine with that - I had lamb, a sweet potato and some asparagus. And rainbow cookies. I <3 rainbow cookies. My sister sent me home with left over lamb and lasagna, but the lasagna is more for CB for me (she said, not me) because all of that cheese makes my stomach upset.

I worked out all weekend, and even though I ate like crap, I'm somewhere between 175.8 and 176.0, so I'll take it.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #5  

Height: 5ft 2in

i had a good day with my family and my bf's family.

eating wise was not so good =\ . i am gonna do some extra workouts this week though to help make up for it. we were gone literally allllll day yesterday so i didnt have time to do anything except have family time & eat! yikes!

now im just counting down the days til this week of work is over and im on vacation for a week! not going anywhere but its a week off work and thats good enough for me!! =)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Easter was good. Had a delicious brunch with the family. Lots of comments on my weightless and short hair. Didn't do too bad food wise, did cave and have pizza pops and a couple of robin's eggs for dinner though. Like Mary, I'm up 4 lbs in water weight. Ugh. Lots and lots of water today to try and get it off.

I just finished my first week of the couch to 10k program. I'm a little stiff! Skipping my classes today to get my essay finished. I know I shouldn't but I just need to get it done!

Glad everyone had a good long weekend and didn't do too bad food wise. Be bye later for personals.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

My Easter days were good. It is sunny in Cyprus for this 2 days and we pretty much enjoyed nice sunny days. This Easter I was in my "best behaviour" considering how food is involved.

I have to say now that I was invited in 2gatherings all with fattening food but I tried to choose the best food possible.

Yesterday lunchtime.

I was very good. I had Kaourmas (lamb soup), a traditional Cypriot food eaten in Cyprus. It is like chicken soup but with lamb and a piece of lamb from this soup. And a spinach canelloni. For desert I skipped the cakes and sweets and had fruit salad.

Todays lunchtime.

Once again kind good. I had one piece of lamb, a small piece of pasta al forno and salad. I chose some strawberry shortcake for desert, but it was a small piece.

I think I did pretty well as I have so far resisted all the chocolate in the house. I was given some chocolate mini-eggs from Organic chocolates and only eaten two before sharing the rest with family. I am also resisting flaounes (a traditional easter cheese bread made in Cyprus with lots of calories). Luckily I am not fond of them (my brother is known to eat 2 each day, but he is very athletic so he never gains) so I was given 5 of them (like 2000 calories each), ate a slice, gave one away and now I am trying to give them away as presents.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, the new week feels pretty good to me.

Got up this morning and started week 2 of C25k, then I made a yummy breakfast this morning of oatmeal with a little yogurt added and a couple strawberries.

Easter went well for me; we always have an outright feast at my fellowship house, and I signed up to take a dessert. Made a brownie dish with cherries, and decorated it up with a lot of fruit. It was yummy, let me tell you, and I restrained myself to just once piece. Then instead of taking home the leftovers, I left the tray for the boys who live at the house to finish. The meal in itself was fine. I don't like ham so I just had veggies and some potatoes, and I was still a bit hungry so I had more veggies. No candy. And a long walk afterwards. Very satisfying.

I like getting my scale out only once a week, it's refreshing to not have to weigh every day.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

My best friend left two mini Reese eggs in my car this morning along with a book I'm borrowing... ugh... I'm going to be good all week so I can eat them...but only if I make it to onderland

I did an hour on the stairmaster this morning and went to walmart and found the yoplait smoothie mix thing so I'm excited to try it... and I got a new cute water bottle... I have aquired soooo many water bottles... its kind of nice

Easter I ate horribly and like Mary and Shan I'm up but only 2 pounds...if it was 4 like you guys I may have cried... no joke

I have also decided that my body does not like that much cheese and I'm pretty sure thats why I felt like crap... mac and cheese and my grandmas party potatoes which are filled with two kinds of cheese and sour cream but so amazing...ugh

I'm off to take a practice LSAT... Jess how in the world did you study for this crap... I'm so over it
Old 04-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #10  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Haley - At least we know it's water weight! I know I ate pretty good, so there's no way possible that the 4lbs are legit.

I started letting spark people make a strength training program for me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays since I'm crap at tracking it myself. So far I like what they put together. And later I'm going to take the dog for a walk. It's supposed to be in the high 70s/low 80s all week here in South Jersey!

But holy crap, I had a piece of leftover lamb for lunch (not bad, 100 cals) and I opted for a little less than a cup of potato salad because ours was sooo good. And I know it had a lot of sodium in it but I had no clue how many calories were in it :C :C :C No more potato salad for me!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i keep waiting for my husband to ask whats wrong with me lol i've had 1 piece of candy the entire weekend. just one reeese egg i didnt want anything else and he got the kids a 3.5 pound bag of tootsie roll mix that i cant eat and dont like it anyway lol.
i even skipped my mils pineapple upside down cake and had the yogurt version i had in my fridge instead. go me
i tired something new last night that i dont think i've had before Feta and Gouda cheese. not bad i gotta say
Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #12  
I will do this.

I am also up 2lbs in Easter water weight....BAH...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #13  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I had a great time in NYC; saw South Pacific which was awesome and had a great visit at Columbia. I also had a Magnolia cupcake for the first time (ok, so maybe it was 2). And some amazing ny cheesecake. Totally worth it. I went for run in Riverside Park on Easter morning, and that was really nice. Nice to run on a flat surface, for a change. I definitely indulged, but think I had a pretty good balance of healthy stuff and exercise, too.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #14  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I noticed lots of you had lamb.. I don't think I have ever tried it. Sounds like it would be good.

I was also up a few pounds too.. Ate a lot with my family yesterday and Saturday was an out of town trip. Just back on track again today.

This week is a new week and I will not dwell on the past. So here I am.. keep on keepin' on.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

I just did my first day of the level 2 in 30 day shred, and my arms feel like they went through a shredder for sure. Jillian wasn't lying when she titled her DVD.

I've never heard of "planks" before?? But it intrigues me. I now feel challenged, and the prospect of being buff BEFORE summer is looking nice.

I always gain a great deal of muscle mass in the arms in the summer, because my job consists of TONS of lifting kids and teenagers in and out of their wheelchairs (I'm a supervisor at a camp for disabled kids). Wouldn't it be fiiiine to be in the first week of camp and be the one NOT complaining of sore arms and back!
Closed Thread