Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #16  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I have a whole bag of clothes that my cousin's wife donated to my cause. They're all between a size 12 and a 10 and as long as I can fit into them, I don't have to spend money to buy new clothes this winter.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

hmm that saying "You'll always wish you'd started last year" is sort of what motivates me. I've just never been fit, that's motivation enough. Progress motivates me too, just seeing all the time that has passed trying to lose weight.
petfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 275/274/155

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm still looking for my motivation but my mother is good at it! lol Her highest weight was 315 lbs, she then had gastric by-pass and is dont to 170 (8 years out) but things are tight again, so what she does (and it works because she's already lost so much weight it doesn't hold the same value for someone just starting out) is I do Henna(skin staining) and I put a 315 in between her knuckles (the one right next to her nail and the one that connects her thumb to her hand) on her right thumb, so everytime she goes to put her hand to her mouth to eat anything she sees her highest weight and whether or not its worth putting in her mouth what she is, its worked really well for her I just wish I've lost enough weight for that to make an impact on me! but sadly 5 lbs isn't enough yet!
sdrenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #19  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I have two whole tubs of "skinnier" clothes that I would really like to get into (since I'm broke and can't spend more money on clothing right now!), plus, I'm a performing bellydancer, so the thought of being able to perform without covering all my trouble spots is really coo.

But right now, what's getting me motivated is the fact that my DH is finally down with the whole "getting healthy" thing. He's cooking healthy meals, we go on lots of walks together and he's got a friend who's teaching him how to lift weights. I'm thrilled for him (he's always been heavy), but if he gets hot and I don't, I'm going to be pissed!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #21  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I need visual reminders, otherwise I get distracted minute to minute and forget about being good. I have found the best way to remind myself is to write down my goal weight (or my next mini goal) on a blank page and take a picture of it with my camera phone. I then set that as the wallpaper on my phone so it is there reminding me every time I look at the screen. This works for me as I must look at my phone ever 20 minutes.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #22  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

LUV - I actually that that exact thought today so I made a new ticker. As of right now we have 8 months to swimsuit season. I plan on being at goal weight by then and there is no reason but myself as to why I can't be!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

For my first 40+ pounds I had a pair of jeans hanging up in sight. I looked at those jeans everyday! I also bought myself a treat (a new work out dvd or jewellery) after every weekly weigh in.

Right now I have a date motivating me, as you can see in my ticker, I signed up for JC for 16 weeks. The program is super $$ so I am very motivated to make each week really count. I'm ready to be at my goal weight!
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/160/140

Height: 5'4

I was 228lbs on Feb 17th, the birth of my daughter on the 18th really motivated me to not only lose weight but to feel better about myself. I am now down to 170lbs, and I am hoping to be down to 140 by her 1st birthday Feb 18th 2010- that would be a real accomplishment. My entire world has changed this year and my being healthy has been on the top of my priority list. I actually want to be healthy, and for the first time in my life I am able to run! When I think of all I have accomplished in the past 7 months, I know I can keep going and do just as good in the next 5! I feel absolutly on top of my game for the first time in so long, and it feels amazing to know that I am doing this for myself and my family.
jen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #25  
Bikini Season :)

My cellphone and ipod! i'm dreadfully attached to them.... so - on my cell phone - the wall paper is a photo of a very pretty, fit woman and I have reminders that ring an hour and half before work and 30 minutes after work to go to the gym.

Then on my ipod, i download my favorite shows to podcast so I have motivation to listen to them. i will only be able to plug in for an hour at a time at the gym! i also have streaming pictures on it of women who are working out, at the gym, etc...

I also keep post-it notes around. On my dashboard it says "is it worth it?" - because i'm a drive-through-a-holic. and I keep a calendar up with christmas circled - when i'm going to go see my family for the first time in almost 2 years and I desperately want to look my best!!!!

Lets see... what else.. My favorite pair of jeans! I keep them folded on my dresser so every time i change my clothes, I'm reminded of the jeans that I want to wear so badly but cannot pull up over my bum!!

Last edited by KateRN; 10-01-2009 at 08:42 PM.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #26  
Bikini Season :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
LUV - I actually that that exact thought today so I made a new ticker. As of right now we have 8 months to swimsuit season. I plan on being at goal weight by then and there is no reason but myself as to why I can't be!!!!

.... "there is no reason but myself as to why i can't be" .... you just gave me a new motto to have flash on my phone a few times a day!!!! I was looking at how long i've been on this site.... and how i've been to Onederland... and back up and now back down again and the ONLY REASON i'm not in the maintainers forum is ME.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #27  
LeylandMiniChick

S/C/G: 211/199/132

Height: 159cm

I have a 1950s car show coming up next June and have been invited to take my Mini. My friend Kirsten & I are dressing up - she is very much a straight laced kinda gal so she is wearing a poodle skirt, bobby socks, sweater set etc and I have decided to go Grease/Rockabilly to contrast. i would love to be goal weight by then so I have pics of outfits on the fridge/in my wallet to motivate me - e.g. (sorry for pic size )

[

Last edited by swae85; 10-01-2009 at 09:56 PM.
swae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Two things are working for me right now..

My mom is being treated for breast cancer and I'm gonna see her again by end of November, I want her to notice a difference and I want to be a bit more lighter so I can help her out around the house etc

Another thing is, I didn't wanna mention this so I don't jinx it lol, I heard through the grapevine 'his mom', that 'someone' might pop the question soon... so I want to be ready and look my best for when 'that' happens
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

I have a little journal that I write in every night and I always write to myself "Don't give up!" Cause I know I can either be the same person who looks the same after a year or a changed person who has lost weight and is more outgoing, so I always tell myself to not give up.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7.5"

What motivates me is a vacation to Paris and London this summer, I really want to look good in skinny jeans. I want to be able to shop without any restriction since everything will look good on me and fit when I am at my goal weight.
Also, listening to Jillian Michaels radio show playbacks, and watching biggest loser is getting me even more motivated. HTH!
ouch is offline   Reply With Quote