Old 10-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #1  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

Default Introduction/Plead for help

Hi, I've never formally introduced myself here but I need some major motivation so here goes. Last summer (2008) I did so good with help of DH we worked out at least 6 days a week. We ate a little better, and earlier in the evening. I lost 15 pounds like it was nothing...really all I was doing was walking and the weight just melted off.

Flash forward and now is a whole other story. DH had back surgery in December and hasn't really been up to working out. Before he always hit our weight machine while I hit the treadmill...God we were so motivated. We did this everynight after supper after our daughter went to bed, so it was 9-9:30 everynight before we started and then we'd shower, not ending up in bed til usually 10:30-11:00 and got up and started all over by 5:00 the next morning.

Okay I kinda got off track there. It is hard for me to get any exercising done with a toddler home, so the only thing that really works out for us is to work out while she is sleeping. Which means I can get up by 4:15 and get in a short workout before work (and still not end up in bed til 10-11) or we can exercise after she goes to bed which is 9-9:30. But like said, DH hasn't really been up to working out, he's so out of shape since the surgery and has really lost motivation. It is soooo hard for me to be motivated enough to go start a workout when everyone else is going to bed.

I need some serious motivation ladies. I have PCOS and Endometriosis. I'm on Metformin 500mg and I'm going to talk to my doc about the PCOS diet. I am also trying to conceive #2. On top of facing possible lay-offs at work, doing all the side work I can, while dealing financially and emotionaly with infertiltiy and possibly going back to school. There is just so much. I don't know if I've just lost complete motivation or what, but normally I am completely and totally OCD and my house is clean and things are in order and we follow the schedule and it all goes just like clockwork. This Spring/Summer and now fall are starting to be crazy. I can't keep up the house is always a mess, I am completely scatter brained all the time. I am hungry all the time and tired too.

I am at my witt's end here. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers but I'm about 45 lbs over my ideal weight so I'd have to pay until I got to that weight so I haven't been going b/c I really don't need to spend the extra money right now. Whew...that was a lot longer than I intended, but hello, I'm happy to be here.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Welcome! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate...I wish that I could offer advice but I don't really have any I'm just being a member of the welcome wagon! I used to walk and diet too and the weight just melted off. But with school I just do not have the time. And when I'm stressed, I eat more. So it's a battle. If you find that you can't work out everyday maybe you could do it every other day? Or go for a walk at your lunch hour?

If you're hungry all the time try packing snacks that are high in fiber and low in calories-like celery sticks and carrot sticks. Good luck!
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

wow that sounds pretty tough Maybe you could start out just by changing your diet and gradually increasing your exercise? Could you exercise while she is being watched by your husband? Does she take any naps during the day? Maybe you could exericise 15mins while she takes a 15 min nap, and then another 15 mins after she goes to sleep at night?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #4  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Nap time is out. I work 7-4 daily, and DH works 6-6 on a swing schedule 5 days one week 2 the next then 5 and so on. It makes it very difficult, which is why we also always eat late. DH doesn't get home until after 6:30 at the earliest and wants to shower first so by the time things get settled and we're ready to eat its usually 7:30-8 or later before we eat. DD is pretty good if the weather is nice we can go on a bike ride or I can push her in the stroller but with fall and winter coming that is pretty much out. Fall is out b/c it's harvest season here and I'm highly allergic to corn dust and I'm currently off my meds due to trying to conceive.

I feel like I'm just throwing excuses out there, which I guess I am. I told DH last night he has got to help me and he said he would start eating healthier too if I could make it happen - meaning I gotta start buying healthy food and he will eat it. I told him I am going to talk to the doc about the PCOS diet. Maybe that will help too.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Did you ever think that maybe if you start working out again without DH he may be motivated by this?

I've found from experience that when I'm really stressed out a good work out makes life soooo much better (for a little while at least). Even if it's just rocking out to my IPOD on a good fast paced walk on the treadmill. I'm not much of a runner (yet). Maybe this would be a little "you" time even if it is at the end of the night.

Good luck and WELCOME!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote