Old 01-25-2009, 06:21 AM   #31  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I am a preschool teacher- keeps me on feet all day chasing after the munchins..LOL I also am a part time nanny one day a week. and also a part time hairstylist- which also keeps me on my feet! But my main job is being the preschool teacher! When I was a hairstylist I would literally stand for 8 hours! it was horrendous I never got breaks, never had time to eat lunch! So I had to quit doing it full time it's my calling- but I love teaching the little ones too it's a nice combo of up and down- on the plus side I get to sit down with them and so story time and arts and crafts, etc... but there is a TON of chasing after them..lol
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperNCalliesMom View Post
I'm a labor and delivery nurse. If you look at the studies female nurses are one of the most overweight jobs there is. We take care of everyone except ourselves. So we all decided to get together and "Get Fit and Fine in '09" So lately I have been getting assignments that are on opposite ends of the hallway so I have to walk a whole lot more to get to them. Its been great since no one will bring in any junk food anymore, and if you even attempt to eat something not close to being on the diet you'll get an earful. I think its helping me a lot.
I'm a nurse as well and I wish this was the type of environment I worked in. Its hard because patients bring in things for us constantly as do other nurses and even residents once they finish their rotation on our floor feel the need to bring in a snack.

I remember when I was in university it was the same way, because the nursing college had a small number of students so the instructors always had snacks for us as well as the junk that was readily available on the floors. I've managed to abstain but people definitely notice if you aren't eating the same junk they are.

Last edited by JackieRn; 01-25-2009 at 09:02 AM.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 307/281/150

Height: 5'7

I work at the best company ever, GreatGlam.com, which is an all women owned and operated company. I am the Asst. Office Mgr so I am sitting most of the time (at my computer), but lemme tell ya moving all those clothes around for inventory really get my heart rate up. But for the most part there isn't much exercise in my dept.

Check us out for cute clothes and clubwear:

http://www.greatglam.com
RachluvsFashion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #34  

Height: 4'11"

I sit at a computer all day. I just graduated from college in May, and I used to exercise a lot more when I was a student, believe it or not! (walking to class, etc) but now, working full time at a desk job (40-55 hrs/wk), I have to force myself to go to the gym after work... I hate sitting down all day, but I'm always exhausted after work! I usually do 30 minutes of cardio, aim for 4-5 xs a week.
ravensglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #35  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

I'm a case manager for a single women homless shelter program. I do a lot of comp/paperwork and sit in meetings a lot of the week. However there are those days i'm running up and down. I try to take the stairs when I can but usually if i'm headed to the 5th floor i take the elevator. I try to move around but its' hard when your meeting with people all day. I have to utilize my weekends for exercise or evening. I've been trying to work out in the mornings, mainly that means dancing around my living like a crazy woman for half an hour to my ipod! Good luck!

Last edited by Moni28; 01-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #36  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Default student

i am a student but so i basically sit from 8a.m.-2p.m. but sometimes on my breaks (we get a 10min. break every hour), i walk to my car. the parking garage has a pretty steep incline, so i probably do that like 2-3x a day. it feels great on my thighs! then i come home and walk/jog/sprint on the treadmill then go get my daughter from day care about 4. i dont think that has affected my weight loss. i think it works out pretty well, because i have flexibility in the afternoons. sometime i will exersize at night if i don't in the afternoon, but i don't like to cause my dh is at work. i get creeped out being alone at night and can't relax enought to concentrate on what i'm trying to do. yeah, i'm scary like that. lol!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 176/161.5/125

Height: 5'2"

I am an electrical engineer. Lots of sitting around in the office most days; lots of running around some days. Most of the engineers I work with are type A, workaholics and exercise nuts. I'm more laid back, definitely not an exercise nut. Although, at my fitest, I was able to run 6-8 miles a day.

I also go to grad school part time. Last year the worst year I had healthwise. I had a stressful fulltime job, went to class and go home to study for 5 hours. For dinner I called for pizza, chinese or indian delivery. The weekends were just as bad, I worked on my grad school project all day and order more takeout. It was time for a change!

For my sanity and my health, I took this semester off to get healthy again. I hope to shed at least 30-40lbs by September.

I've always been nerdy - I'm sick of nerdy. I want to look smokin' hot!

Last edited by redflatshoe2; 01-26-2009 at 09:54 PM.
redflatshoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

I'm an EMT, so get some exercise moving and lifting patients, but then there is a lot of downtime just hanging out...plus all the lounge food doesnt help!

I'm also a fulltime student...which sitting all the time isnt too helpful, but I usually walk to school (about 25 min each way), which helps
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm a legal assistant so I spend a lot of the day sitting - sigh -

However we're on the 6th floor so I find excuses to use the stairs, plus my desk is at the total opposite end of the office to the other legal assistant so I walk to give messages etc rather than email - I also like printing to the printers way down the other end of the office as well.

At lunch I wander around the city/mall for the whole hour so get a little extra movement in there and I park a distance away and walk about 15 minutes in.

My last job was as a property manager and there was a TONNE more movement there. I was always up and down - loved it!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:34 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 295/255/145

Height: 5'7"

I am a cake decorator. The good thing about it is that I am on my feet all day. The bad thing is that I am not only surrounded by cake and other sweets all day, but I have to talk about them and handle them. It is sooo hard not to nibble all day!!
bakerygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #41  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflatshoe2 View Post

I've always been nerdy - I'm sick of nerdy. I want to look smokin' hot!
As a card-carrying nerd myself, I'm of the opinion that nerdy can be smokin' hot. You just gotta figure out how to make it work in your favor.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #42  
BlueFlick

S/C/G: 257/255.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm a paralegal, I sit at a desk all day! But we have tons of stairs so walking up those instead of taking the elevator helps! I also take trips through the office often.
BlueFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a 3D modeler and spend all my time chained to my computer desk. This makes it really important to schedule in exercise since most of the time I'm so sedentary
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote