Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Swim - Level 2 was the hardest for me. I hated every second of it. And no, I have a really hard time with plank. Maybe it'll be better this time around. Level 3 was hard, but it was actually my favorite!
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #197  

Gar - any chance I'm plateauing because i'm working out too much? SIL said that if I don't rest my body won't react to what I'm doing. That doesn't seem right though when I have so much to lose. Just a thought...
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Chance That's what I was thinking about myself. I posted a thread about how I wasn't loosing- I was actually gaining. I upped my work outs... a few people said the increase in exercise can do that, among other things...

I took the day off from cardio yesterday and only did shred. I'm going to do the same today. I think maybe... try easing gradually into more exercise... I'm not sure. Funny.... never thought you could do "to much" exercise.

Swim The elliptical is really hard for me! I just LOVE to run so all my muscles are pretty insanely built when it comes to running. But the elliptical uses different muscles, ones that really aren't that built up for me. So - it's a good thing all in all. Cross training. And I HATE plank position, my arms are wimpy,and it's so hard! Yesterday when I felt like giving up, I remembered that hey - they're going to STAY wimpy unless I really try harder. So... that helped!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
Level 2 Day 1 was HARD! I was cursing, I barely made it thru it! I didn't even mention the amounts of sweat coming off of me! It was crazy! Glad I made it thru though! I am already starting to get sore from it, and I did it about 12 hours ago. I can't imagine tomorrow!

-Aimee
Aw yes, Level 2 the first time was so hard. I did not like JM at all! But you'll see as you do how much stronger you get! You're doing great girl!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #200  

Talking Just Starting the SHREDDER!!!

Today is only my second day. Last night when I completed the first level I didn't even think I would do it again today. I thought it would be too hard... thought I'd better do some turbo jam or kickboxing instead... YET... here I am, just finished round two with the three buff babes on level 1 and am feeling shaky and sweaty and... wonderful. No emotional crap when I finished today, but I cheated a little... I knew I wasn't gonna be able to go home tonight and do it because I have bible study plans so I brought my laptop to work and did it in my office on my lunch break. (I work by myself so no awkward co-worker walk-by moments.) The cheating part was that I forgot to bring my weights. Oh, well. It still kicked my butt, even without the weights. Oh, and did I mention that it is BUTT COLD in my office!! Ugh, I have got to get better at push ups... and what the heck is with the lunges... I HATE lunges. Lunges =

I'll be at it again tomorrow!
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #201  

At least you did that! Don't feel bad about the weights, you still got a work out.

I would have just not done it lol go you!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #202  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

so i was feeling cocky i guess after doing level 1 today. bc i thought i'd try level 2 right after it.

whoa!

that. was. hard.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Lan - you will get there! Just keep at it, it'll just a little bit easier each day!

garstar - I guess that makes sense then! I used to do the elliptical all the time, mostly because the treadmills were always full at my old gym! My shoulders are killing me today! Honestly, I wonder if I'll be able to do it back to back! So sore!!

HWGA - omg! You better be right! LOL! I am soo sore today! Stronger is good though! My shoulders are looking a little wimpy these days.

Chance - thanks for giving me hope about getting to level 3!!

Level 2 day 2, just 8 more days of this level to go..
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 232/218/140

Height: 5'9

I missed doing 30DS yesterday. Not good for me. I was able to do it this morning at 5:30 (Level 1 day 2). Yikes! That's too early for me. I'm still at work....waiting for the last meeting of the day so I can get home. I don't think I'll have time to do it again tonight to make up for yesterday. Planning on doing it tomorrow morning though, maybe a little later than 5:30 though...
bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #205  

I skipped all workouts today because I am hoping my plateau is because I upped my workouts so much in one week. I'll get back on tomorrow though. I'm getting my gym membership tomorrow so that I don't have to wobble around on the one I have in the basement! =)
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #206  

Chance - Dito. I am sick of this. I didn't work out today. But I feel guilty because I ate pizza for dinner, I feel like crap.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #207  

Gar - it's ok! One day won't kill you. I really think that we just did too much too soon. Hopefully taking a day off will pay off.

I'm under on calories today so that I think makes up for no workouts. It seems silly that your body wouldn't want you to workout. Dumb! Here's to hoping Monday's weigh in kicks a$$!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Chance & garstar - so I was talking with a friend last night about weight loss, more the lack of weight loss I am seeing.. and I remembered that when your muscles are healing from a workout they retain water! So that could definitely be what's going on for you two?

My shoulders aren't as sore as I thought they would be today! I will be doing my workout today after work. Today should be interesting.. the mall I work in is the only mall in the province hosting the casting call for Canada's Next Top Model. Since I work in the makeup dept of one of the biggest stores in the mall, I think it's going to be insanely busy! Which means the day will go fast

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/160

Height: 5'11''

I finally completed Day 1 Level 1 yesterday. It was so hard for me. Really showed me how much work I have ahead of me. I tend to mentally beat myself up while I'm working out. Does anyone else do that? But then once Its all done, I feel proud that I actually did it. I'm a little sore today, but I'm going to work through it and complete Day 2 after work. I keep reading everyones posts and I can't wait until I can see some progress and feel STRONGER!!
MEGACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #210  

Level 1 Day 7!!!

Yay!! I did it. I got my gym membership today & did the elliptical for 60 mins too. I'm really praying that Monday's weigh in is a good one!!