Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #181  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

My copy of 30DS is coming from Netflix tomorrow.

My plan at this point is to combine it with about 45 minutes of yoga before bed. But we'll see how that works out. I'm losing my gym on Friday when I go back to school.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Saving - Why are you loosing your gym

Skipped today. My knees hurt pretty bad, I did do 36 min. on the elliptical though. Which is hard for me! Back to it tomorrow, morning I"m hoping...
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Chance - it makes sense to me! I will definitely be doing that tomorrow! I was thinking about what I'd do when this month was over and I was done the 30 days, and I think I'll do what you are doing, and I'll start all over again Feb.

garstar - omg lady! I am having sympathy pains! My knees were a little sore yesterday, I barely got thru the workout, today they were a little sore as well, but level 2 seems to be easier on them. What level are you doing?

Level 2 Day 1 was HARD! I was cursing, I barely made it thru it! I didn't even mention the amounts of sweat coming off of me! It was crazy! Glad I made it thru though! I am already starting to get sore from it, and I did it about 12 hours ago. I can't imagine tomorrow!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/160

Height: 5'11''

I ordered my copy of 30DS LAST WEEK and it was SUPPOSED to be in my mailbox yesterday (according to tracking). I left work all pumped to finally get started... imagine my disappointmnet when it wasn't there. I'm so frustrated! I really can't wait to start. I've been reading all of the 30DS threads and its making me so very motivated. SO! Fingers crossed, my DVD will be here today and I can begin Day 1 today! Wish me luck!
MEGACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

garstar- that sucks about your knee!

How heavy are the weights you guys are using? The lightest I have are 5 pounders, and on some of the exercises they feel like they are sooooooo heavy. I am hoping it gets better.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 232/218/140

Height: 5'9

Hello! I just purchased the 30DS after hearing good things about it. I'm starting way late, but would still like to join in!!

I started yesterday - but only got through about 15 minutes of it before I had to quit and shower for work. I was seriously disappointed, but couldn't be late for work. Didn't have time for it this morning, had to take my BF to the airport way early but plan on doing it tonight when I get home. I don't have hand weights, but used some cans of soup as weights. I really feel it in my legs even though I only got through 15 minutes on level one.

I will take measurements tonight, has anyone had the "20 pounds in 30 days" results?? I'm really hoping for even just half of that...
bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #187  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

i think i'm officially obsessed with 30DS. i love it. although i'm still on level 1. so we'll see what i say next week.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #188  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

yesterday i did 30DS level 2 day 1. i was on level 2 when i stopped doing the shred in december. thank GOD i have still been working out cause it was hard but not as hard as I remember it to be. which means my body is getting stronger yay!
i am doing 15 days at level 2 and 15 at level 3 i might move up to level 3 early if i am ready and it seems that is possible.

its funny i have to supplement this with c25k or some type of cardio or i dont lose pounds but the inches fall off regardless. happy shredding ladies!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #189  

I am skipping today, mostly because I have a horrible headache and have to work. Yuck! While the workout would probably help a little bit, I am soooo tired I don't think I can do it and work today. Stupid work! If I'm feeling extra motivated I might do it tonight after work since I have tomorrow off!

-Aimee
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #190  

Swim I"m on level 2. My knees hurt from all the extra cardio I've been doing... I'm trying to keep on the elliptical more, but I just love the treadmill...

ella - I'm using 5 lbser also. My arms are WIMPY so I'm trying my best to get them in shape.

bexx My first few days of level one just KILLED my legs. But I could feel them getting stronger since level 1 day 10 was really easy! It's a great work out. I haven't lost any weight yet but I really don't have a lot to loose more so just toning.... but I can see my muscles getting bigger already.

No cardio today - just level 2 day 4. Well, that's the plan!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

Level 1 Day 6!!!!

Felt good to do this. Hubby & I decided yesterday not to have me take my birth control anymore...babies are imminent now!!! Woohoo!! So I am super motivated. I'm getting ready to go downstairs to get on the elliptical! Yay!
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #192  
eliz

S/C/G: 280/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Default measurements after day 10 of level 1

so i completed day 10 of level 1 today.

i have to say this. my knees are sore with this level, and my shoulders. i am so paranoid about injuries with those two areas, b/c i know people who suffer them. i think level 1 is a lot of stress on your knees for someone as heavy as me. i hope level 2 isn't quite so hard on the knees after you've been doing it a while. i am considering taking tomorrow off from the shred before starting up level 2. that will depend on my knees.

okay so since i finished level 1 i figured i would take my measurements and see how much of an improvement level 1 provided (if any).

disclaimer: i am not confident in my measuring technique, whether or not i'm measuring the same exact way every time (although i am fairly certain i did). but i don't fully trust it. so i am not putting much stock in my results below. it could be accurate, but i just don't know if i measured the same exact spot with the same exact amount of slack in the tape measure ten days ago as i did today. if it's accurate, i've lost 2 inches total in ten days. oh and i lost 2 lbs the first seven days.

measurements:

arms (left/right)
jan 4th - 15.5" / 14.5"
jan 14th - 15.25" / 14.75"
change (left/right) = -0.25" / -0.25"

chest: (braline)
jan 4th - 38.5"
jan 14th - 38.5"
change = 0

waist: (inch above belly button)
jan 4th - 38.75"
jan 14th - 38.25"
change = -0.5"

hips: (widest part of hips)
jan 4th - 47"
jan 14th - 46.5"
change = -0.5"

thighs (left/right)
jan 4th - 27.75" / 26.75"
jan 14th - 27.5" / 26.5"
change (left/right) = -0.25" / -0.25"
my time is now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #193  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Finished my first day of the 30!

Level one isn't so bad, I paired it with a Firm video and I might try and get some yoga in before bed depending on what my mood is like.

Garstar I'm losing my gym because I'm going from MN to NY for school. The St. Paul Parks and Recs charges $25 a year to use all their gyms so I have a memebership. Sadly there aren't any good deals like that out in NY (and I don't have a car). BUT I think one of my roommates has a really nice gym membership that lets her bring a friend sometimes so I'll see if I can get her to take me once and a while.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #194  

Saving That's awesome! I live up in St. Cloud right now, but after I graduate (next year, yay!) I'll be moving down to the cities. That's a great deal, I'm going to have to look into it when I move!!!

Did level 2 day 4 today. Knees are still killing me... time to take it easy, MORE easy I suppose.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #195  

garstar - I think I might try and get out for some more cardio, while I love the shortness of the workout.. but I am just not seeing pounds come off! Jumping jacks seemed to be the worst for me knees, dunno how you do it! Do you ever feel like you aren't getting as good of a workout on the elliptical?

Chance - which is the hardest level? Did your body ever get used to all the plank moves in level 2?

Is anyone following her diet plan as well? I wonder what it is, and if there is a possibility of actually losing 20 pounds in a month with it and the workout! I'm going to look it up tomorrow!

I didn't end up doing it today, tomorrow I will though!

-Aimee