Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #31  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
I'm also doing it so i can feel SEXY i want to dance in front of the mirror and say "whoa im hot"

Haha, I'm doing that already and I say it to myself even if I can't see it at the moment.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #32  
A work in progress

S/C/G: 209 / 206.6/ 145

Height: 5'6"

LOL So with you there jahjah!
PackersBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for starting this thread. This is just what I needed today.

My motivation is completely vanity. I want to look hot and feel sexy. AND make my boyfriend's friends jealous! (Although, he says they already are. Hehe.)

Also, I finally hit the "normal" range on the BMI scale for the first time ever! Which is huge motivation for me to keep going.

AND, 3 more lbs. and I'm back to my lowest high school weight on record.

As always, thanks for the support ladies and keep up the good work!!!
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #34  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Just got married and I am not at goal weight yet and while I think I COULD have met and married my husband when i was still 264lbs, I don't think we would have been as compatable or have the same relationsip that we have with each other now. He never knew me at 264lbs and only met me aftr I'd lost 75lbs, but I was a MUCH different person back then; much more self-conscious, very insecure, very meek, very shy. I didn't "come out of my shell" until I lost 75lbs; I was a different person before the weightloss and I don't know if he would have liked that other person and I don't think I would have made a very good girlfriend, fiance or wife for ANYONE the way I was.

But I am just speaking for myself; not every overweight person is insecure with themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygurl View Post
Thanks for saying this, I personally agree with you 100% Maddie!

BrandyC100, I think you are already a pretty young lady but I hear ya, I wanna look Hot too!
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #35  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

i'm doing it b/c i went into pregnancy wearing 7/8's and some 9's and came out of it pushing 200lbs and in the plus sizes--- even 16's were too tight for like the first 2-3 months and i stuck to maternity pants until then---i dont know what they would have been before that b/c i was too scared to go buy jeans and hoping for my belly to magically disappear like every other postpartum person out there--- but no--- now even at 153.2lbs i still have somewhat of a belly and yes i can fit into about half of my old jeans--- they still don't fit the same

so really i want to lose the weight for health reasons and to have another baby like most of you on here---and most of all when i go for baby #2 i dont want to end up in the obese column for bmi again--- i'm in the overweight column now (which is where i've been most of my life) and i just want to get into the healthy bmi--

so
#1 i want another baby
#2 i dont want to end up with diabetes like my dad (but he wasnt overweight really just a little when he came down with it a few years back)
#3 i want to lose weight for my baby ---i want to be able to run after him and play with him---encourage him to eat right and be active and in order to do that i have to be doing it too
#4 def. vanity---yes i want to look hot for my hubby and random strangers i'll admit it --
#5 i luv the way my old jeans feel i felt hot back then i want to feel hot again
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #36  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

There's nothing wrong with losing weight for vanity reasons! I think that's one of the most motivating factors... we all want to look good, just about every person obsesses over how they look, even thin people want to look good. I think it's human instinct to want to look good.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergirl68 View Post
There's nothing wrong with losing weight for vanity reasons! I think that's one of the most motivating factors... we all want to look good, just about every person obsesses over how they look, even thin people want to look good. I think it's human instinct to want to look good.
I concur. Obviously, I want to be healthy and feel strong too but feeling pretty for the first time in my life and like I'm "normal" outweigh the other things currently. When I am older, I am sure it will be the other way around.
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #38  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

I feel SO GOOD.... one more pound lost and i had chocolate last night!

We're all young here.... we should be skinny. I'd like to look at pictures of myself 20 years from now and think "Damn, I looked good!" and I still want to look good then!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #39  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

To be honest...I've never been health-motivated. My whole family is fat and yet they're all quite healthy. For me, this weight loss is about getting hot and being able to honestly like what I see in the mirror.

I know I'm sorta hot. Rather, I have the potential to be absolutely ****ing gorgeous (Do I have an ego? Nahhh... ) if I lost the extra weight and developed some decent muscle tone. I could never model, cause I'm entirely too curvy even when I'm slim, but once I've got the body I want, I'll be the kind of woman people go "Dayum" at out in public. And I want that. I used to have it, sort of, back in high school. But I was way too sunk in depression to ever realize it then, it's only now that I look back and go, how did I not see it? So my motivation is purely vanity.

Also, my cardio endurance sucks, and I want to be able to go backpacking and hiking and not be the one trailing behind the group gasping for air. Though that's sort of a secondary goal.

I'm doing it for the bikini I've yet to wear.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #40  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Well I like many of the reasons so far but here's another: Looking HOT naked!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 132/126.5/115

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, I want to be able to wear a shirt and show off my tummy and it be HOT, not roly poly!!! I also want to have a pool party for my 21st birthday in April and people not think I'm groce!
coolgirl1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I'm sitting here wondering why everyone seems to equate skinny with hot.

My weight loss goals are motivated by vanity, sure. Also, I'm too cheap to buy new jeans, so I have to fit in my 4's. And, I sure don't want a muffin top hanging over the waist, so I have to watch my weight.

That said, I also want to be cut, and fast. I want to be able to watch myself doing curls or lunges at the gym and see the power in my body. Created purely out of hard work, sweat, pain and lots of protien. I want to run with the big dogs, and not just keep up, but pass them. I love when I kick my boyfriends *** in jiu jitsu. Back when I was "skinny", he couldn't even hug me hard, and it would hurt. My knee bones would rest on each other when I was laying on my side, and it hurt. I was always weak and tired and cold.

I want to be fit, no matter what the scale says.
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

I want to be healthy. I am predisposed to so many things in my family that I have a good chance of dying from that I don't need to add anything to it like being overweight. My grandma is an apple shape and I am built almost exactly like her. She's been overweight her whole life and now she's having tons of health problems, she just had a stroke and she's got issues with her colon. I know its from carrying all that weight in her abdomen for so many years. Also, ALS runs in my family, my grandpa has diabetes, my other grandpa died of a heart attack and my dad died of cancer. I wanna look good but I think I look good now I'm just not as healthy as I want to be.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #44  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Good for you Kataclismic! I think muscles are hot too. I don't particularly want to be a weakling but skinny is way hotter than where I'm at now, as far as I'm concerned. Not judging anyone else's goals or definitions of hot though.

Last edited by futuresurferchick; 12-06-2008 at 09:54 PM.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #45  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Kataclismic, it depends on how you envision "skinny". Maybe we're not all meaning "skinny" in the skin-and-bones, knocked over by a stiff breeze, twig-looking waif way. I'd say "skinny" is a shorthand for whatever each of us idealizes as a "good" weight, which can be a specific number on the scale or it can be a bodyfat percentage or it can simply mean "When the image in my head matches what I see in the mirror." I know I, and I think several other people as well, have included or emphasized healthy muscle development in their posts on this thread. In fact, one of the most motivating things I can do for myself is look at pics from my senior year of high school, when I was playing rugby. The Year of the Abs. The one time in my life that you can *see* muscle definition in my legs and back. I would still call myself in those photos both "skinny" and "hot" because it's a fast way of saying Not lugging around excess fat/conforming to a certain standard of physical expectations.

So just be careful when you assume what other people mean when they say "skinny" or "hot", or when they equate the two. "Skinny" can definitely include muscles and power, and I haven't seen anyone here deliberately disincluding those qualities from "skinniness"
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote