Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #16  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

My motivation for getting started is many of the same reasons, my son, health, self-esteem etc.

Another personal reason is every time we go to my husband's family for Christmas I feel so dumpy and out of place. There are five brothers and they all have these itty bitty girlfriends and wives... and then there's me. I've never felt out of place in my own family because everyone except my sister is overweight like I am so when I married into his skinny family it kind of shocked me.

Also, as I gained more and more weight I realized I became increasingly isolated. Because of this, I've lost contact with a lot of friends who I miss.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #17  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I don't want to feel bad about myself when I look into the mirror. I want to like my appearance! Also, I move and exercise much much easier now.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #18  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

I would also have to go with health related issues. I was just diagnosed with PCOS and my doc said that if I want kids I have to lose the weight. I want 5 more (already have 1) and so I need to get on the ball and get it done!
Jessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #19  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

My main reason, and this might sound strange,but babies babies babies. I may only be 20 and not with any mans but I'm looking to the future. I want babies! I have PCOS and I'm at danger with my fertility, So by losing weight I am minimising my riskes and I'm more likely to have happy healthy pregnencies. I also want to find a man and get married! It is a personal belief, I don't think it applies to everyone, but for ME I need to lose weight before I will let a man into my life. I would be too self concious about myself and him not loving me because I'm fat. I'd be to self aware to let him near me both sexually and mentally. Don't berate me for that. I know you can find love at any weight but for me it just wont work until I'm happy with my body.

Other then that I have NEVER been slim in my entire life, not even as a child. I was chubby, mostly baby fat and before I had the chance to lose my baby fat I developed PCOS and balloned up in less then a year. I've been struggling ever since. Being thin is a huge motivation for me. I want to be able to go to any shop and for them to have my size, I don;t want there to be limits. I want to be able to wear anything.

Anyway sorry that was long, I was on a roll
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #20  
A work in progress

S/C/G: 209 / 206.6/ 145

Height: 5'6"

My main motivator lately has been thinking about how I want to break the mold of my family. The majority of my family is either over weight or morbidly obese. The newest bundle of joy to join my family, my nephew has really helped inspire me as well.

I lost my most favorite aunt and best friend when I was in high school due to a blood clot that occur due to her extreme weight (think Ruby). It happened extremely quickly, one day she was fine and then next she was gone. It devastated my uncle and me too. I don't want my nephew Beckett or my fiance to have to go through that painful loss prematurely, like my uncle and I did.

It's funny because people at work will hear about how much I way and give me the looks of, NO WAY!? (I distribute it well apparently ) and tell me, there's no way you need to lose 60 lbs! But that's a motivation enough for me to know that the scale shows one thing, the measurements show the same, and I need to nip this in the bud before it gets to where it lead the majority of my family so far.

On a happier note: Happy motivation - Wear a bikini again! Haven't done that since middle school! =)
PackersBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

1. Not get diabetes, like my mother, father, and two sisters (gestational only, so far).

2. Not feel like crap all the time because I was pathetically out of shape. Sleep better.

3. Get rid of heartburn. And snoring.

4. Look good!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #22  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

My personal motivations are:

1. For vanity (I'm not going to lie).

2. Althought being thin doesn't automatically make a person healthy, my father has a series of health problems from heart disease to diabetes to what I believe is undiagnosed clinical depression. He's on enough medication for three people and he's miserable. He was overweight his whole life and is only getting fatter and while I don't necessarily blame his weight for his health problems, I do blame his lifestyle, food choices and chronic inactivity (which of course helped the weight problem along). I didn't want to perpetuate his poor choices and fall to pieces when I turn 50 as he did. I have his genes (thankfully I also have my mother's better genes) so there's a good chance this will happen to me as well if I'm not careful and frankly, I'd rather not live at all than live the life he has now..
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #23  

Height: 5'9"

Health problems due to being overweight, scare me. But really I just want to LOOK better, yes I'm that vain.

Last edited by luvja; 12-03-2008 at 11:21 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Hmmm well I wrote a post earlier talking about health issues which really are a motivation but then I realized I wasn't really being true to everyone on the board. I totally want to look HOT! I'm so sick of trying to hide myself in a corner at a party....newsflash, I do not "hide" that easy. I hate getting up in a crowded restaurant and before I do looking around to see which chairs I can squeeze around to exit the restaurant where I just consumed food I really didn't need. I want to shop at the mall and be able to shop at any store I want too. Oh and I want people to give me a double look at think I'm beautiful. Soooo I guess I'm pretty vain too....but it keeps me motivated!
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

My main motivation is i want to feel better about about myself, right before i was pregnant with my 1st child i was 130 pounds, i had so much confidence, endurance, and just over all felt great about myself, i want to feel like that again!

Also my cousin is getting married in May and i am a bridesmaid, there will be alot of people at that wedding that have not seen me for a long time and i would like to surprise them, as well as feel good about myself whie im standing up there, last july i was a bridesmaid in my sisiters wedding, and when the pictures came back i felt horrible, i was the biggest bridesmaid on the alter.

Other than that just want to motivate my kids, play with do things with them.
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #26  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

1) Like most of you here (I'm SO super surprised!) I want to be healthy before the next baby! My girl is 14 months old now and I really want to get thin and enjoy it for a while before I get pregnant again. Trust me, and anyone else who says it, it is MUCH easier to lose your baby weight if you weren't overweight in the first place. When I got pregnant with Stella I weighed 160, and here I am STUCK in the 170's. I'd rather have weighed like 130 and be stuck in the 140s hahahaha! You don't know how easy it will be for you to lose the weight, every woman is different with their baby weight, so for me I want to be nearer to my goal before I put on the pounds again. ALSO, I want a healthier pregnancy next time around, hopefully with less weight gain!

2) I remember being thin, and how good it felt to put on my clothing. They felt loose and light and I just loved being naked too! I know that sounds weird, but I was just SO comfortable in my skin. I want that back, for my sake AND my husbands! (hee hee!)
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #27  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie89 View Post
It is a personal belief, I don't think it applies to everyone, but for ME I need to lose weight before I will let a man into my life. I would be too self concious about myself and him not loving me because I'm fat. I'd be to self aware to let him near me both sexually and mentally. Don't berate me for that. I know you can find love at any weight but for me it just wont work until I'm happy with my body.

Thanks for saying this, I personally agree with you 100% Maddie!

BrandyC100, I think you are already a pretty young lady but I hear ya, I wanna look Hot too!
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #28  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

vanity, wearing cute clothes... feeling good about myself. my social life is crazy busy and being confident in my skin is important to me. my boyfriend and i have discussed getting married... its basically just a question of when he proposes. I want to look great on my wedding day! and the kids things too... we're talking about having kids in three years or so (when I'm 30) so its important to me to be in good shape when that happens.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #29  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I want to look good #1 and feel good about myself. #2, to be healthy and be able to enjoy life as long as possible
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I'm just tired of people trying to be nice and say " have you lost weight?" as if thats the only "compliment" they can give me.

I'm also doing it so i can feel SEXY i want to dance in front of the mirror and say "whoa im hot"
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote