Old 11-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #46  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

we have one of those too! But it's where my family is going to sleep so I have to tidy it. D'oh!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #47  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Wow this thread is hoppin!

HWGA - "Calorie cycling...." PERFECT LOL. Isn't it nice to be missed? Workplace rumors are always so unnecessary but entertaining sometimes.

hotmamacita - I should totally implement a bed time for eating lol. I personally am impressed with smoking hot moms who find the time to work out and be supermommas to their little ones.

ghost - Thats terrible about the death and having to miss the funeral, I hate her for you too. Awesome about the man with the wandering hands lol, you go girly!

Leighish - Thats too funny about the explanation for the self portrait...

shantroy - Good luck with that promotion, things being busy isn't ALWAYS a bad thing
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #48  
Randi

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"ish

Since i dont know what the sunrise/sunset pattern is for anywhere but the east coast/midwest this is more directed towards you guys. Does it make anyone else sad that the sun is gone by 5 pm these days i know it happens every winter but it always catches me off guard! Probably because this week i'm working from 7 to 5:30 every day which means no sun for me this week, boo. Oh well, atleast the snow is pretty hope everyone has a wonderful week!
ForeverLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #49  
Are we there yet????

its making me sad. It's taking away my jogging time!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #50  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I have exactly the same issue! I'm not going to run in the dark because it makes me feel unsafe and unhappy. The lack of light is making me sad. I don't like winter much, only when you can skate (but that is only 2 days every winter or so around here).
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

ok, this whole getting better thing is weird. I've had no ice cream today. Yay! I have eaten little snacks through out the day and my progresso soup. I'm only at 676 cals today. How could that be? I'm suppose to be eating 2200. I'm not going to force it down. I'll eat a good dinner tonight and another snack, but still it's very strange to me. I'm just not hungry after being sick.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM   #52  
Randi

yeah, jogging in the dark wouldn't be very fun/safe i mean i dont know what its like where you live but it could be dangerous and we dont want that! i'm going to get all bundled up and go for a nice brisk walk when i get home from work, i live on a college campus and there are about a million lights all over the place so i feel pretty safe, even though i'm getting pretty sleepy with this darkness.

and skating is probably my favorite winter activity, when it actually gets cold enough to skate on ponds is the best, but usually it doesnt so artificial ice will just have to do until probably january
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #53  
Are we there yet????

my area feels pretty safe but it's not very well lit. There is a jogging trail on the busy street behind my house but I'd still prefer not to do it at night.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #54  
Randi

i hear ya, i'd much rather do it during the day. sunrise jogs are the best.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #55  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

My area is not particularly unsafe but it is still a quite large city - there is some criminality. And my usual spot is the nearby park, which is taken over by junks and dealers after sunset. Not the best place to be. Not that it is really unsafe - but there are better spots for a girl alone, know what I mean? And last week there was a female student murdered in the area where a friend of mine lives. They have no idea who did it, but as far as everyone knows she had no over-jealous boyfriends or something like that. The idea that some killer might be walking around in the dark gives me the creeps.

I did aquarobics today and it was quite active and good. But the instructor had thought of exercises that almost made me breath in water all the time. It was not very relaxing like that. I hope it won't be like that next week.

Last edited by Elwing; 11-17-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #56  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hey girls!

I am giving myself a carrot right now for 2 reasons:

1) I just went out and did my C25K and it is 20 degrees Farenheit and snowing. Yes, I was bundled. Yes, I looked like that kid from the movie, "A Christmas Story." But, I did it!
2) Plateau over! I lost 2 lbs this week!

That's right. I'm the bomb.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 PM   #57  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

You da bomb Heather!

Here it doesn't get dark till 6:30-7pm, but, its dark till AFTER 10am. When I go into cardio at 6:30p its still a speck of light, come out and its dark and stays that way till well after I get to work the next day.

I just had a collosal miscommunication with my babysitter about picking my son up at school today. due to the funeral my parents were busy so I called the babysitter and told her scotty would be with her today and I thought I clearly stated taht I would pick him up. Well, get to the school, a little late and the babysitter is there and so is my dad because the school called him and said nobody picked him up...and then my mom shows up all bedraggled from the funeral (in the rain), ready to teach a class, so there are four people there to pick the kid up. Such a clusterf***.

I'm downloading the new episode of Ruby right now so I can watch it while doing cardio. Yeah!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #58  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I am so loving the babysitting gig right now. I am pretty much unemployed besides the 10 hours or so I work at a school/church for not a lot of money. I am so thankful that the parents are calling me wanting me to babysit. I need the money and I have no life so why not make money and get to watch great kids at the same time.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #59  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

When my son was new born I babysat for six months, an adorable 4 year old girl. I loved it, but my housing complex wouldn't allow me to babysit more then one kid or I'd have had to get the apartment "certified".

Now that I have my own house I think often about doing child care, but getting my house certified and everything seems like such a hassel.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:11 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

OMG it's only Monday night and there are already 4 pages. WOW very active week. Well I'm heading to bed so I haven't read everything and done personals but I just wanted to check in and say I've been totally on plan today. I stayed at my calorie limit. I'm exhaused but all in all its been a good day. I broke down what I need to do this week into a little bit each day. Today was read and do the problems for chapter 13 and finish my paper. I was able to get both done so I feel accomplished. Lets home this happens every day this week.

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 11-18-2008 at 10:01 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote